The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited May 2017

And while technically not from my top 5, I want to thank @Kylieb191 for the piece from the Elder Jet Set. I always find it sad that elders in sims have so few clothes to pick from compared to adults, so more variety is always appreciated. Hopefully I will have an elderly sim-lady go to a restaurant in this classy new outfit! :blush:

My top 5 has now been updated!

I know, right!? Them Elders need to look just as glam and classy like they have done their whole lives :P Not all of them want to wear sweat pants and baggy tee. At least your ladies can now look as classy as Jackie O :)
    scillakees wrote: »

Oh, those good old days when I had working/paying ads and could throw things at people. Sniff. :'( I miss them.

Same, Same :( Although mine has been a recent thing where I won't even get the blue box anymore even after cleaning history, cache & cookies out :|

@lauravonawesome i'm going to go with 8 (i'm hopeful lol)

Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited May 2017
    @Kylieb191 Have you made sure ALL Ad-blocks are deactivated? I had the same issues until I realised that one of mine activated itself again.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
    @Jahnna it's white-listed with ad-block & the only thing blocked is ad-tracking via avast. It's really strange :\
    Zpj9msL.png
    edited May 2017
    @Kylieb191 I wouldn't use Avast ad-tracking, also instead of whitelisting try and just deactivate the ad-blockers for that domain and double check you are not missing an ad-blocker that's already implemented by the browser, eg. Opera got one just a while ago and one can easily overlook that.
    Sometimes when you whitelist a page, it sometimes only whitelists that exact page you are own, eg. the Sales page but it won't whitelist other pages of that website unless you whitelist the whole domain and all it's sub-pages.
    Also for @scillakees , if you still can't get anything to work, try and comment in this Answer HQ Thread addressing @ EA_Mai stating your problem and asking for your account to be looked at/fixed.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I still get ads, but they take up to 40 minutes-1 hour before giving me the points. I'm lucky if I get 50 simpoints a day. I'm only able to wait that long for the ads to load when I'm watching Supernatural. It kills that I used to get ads and got a good 200-400 simpoints a day and now... I get around 2 working ads every few weeks or less
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    @Nomiko13 It actually says that it can take up to 24 hours for simpoints to be credited to your account but I only ever had that happen to me on one occasion. But don't be discouraged by this dry period! When I started out I farmed a good 2,000 simpoints a day for a good month with ads still remaining. After that I got hit by a dry period where I was lucky to see one ad every 3 days for more than just 1 month! The waves seem to come and go, depending on the type of ads, the sponsor (my best period was Orange Is The New Black Season 4 Trailer ads!) and the seasons. Some people have noted that they see an increase of ads appearing around holiday periods, probably because companies want to advertise their stuff when it's the right time (OITNB perfect example again!).
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    @scillakees was close... it was 3. but i don't see a wishlist in your sig so am guessing you already own the store?

thankfully i seem to be getting more ads at the moment than i did all day, so should be able to do some more gifting soon, hopefully; still crossing my fingers that mmao gives me something with the gothique library in it (if not, i'll just grab it at 586, since it's sadly not cys).

@Nomiko13 the ads are super inconsistent~ i'll get 500-800 sp in one day, then nothing for the rest of the week, but i can't even pinpoint a date or time that's most profitable. maybe i'll start tracking that info and try to determine the best times to score ads... and get a few others to do the same, just to see if there are any patterns.

hmm, something new to do... any takers? lol.
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    edited May 2017
    Also for @scillakees , if you still can't get anything to work, try and comment in this Answer HQ Thread addressing @ EA_Mai stating your problem and asking for your account to be looked at/fixed.

Thank you @Jahnna <3 I'll keep an eye on that thread. I've only managed to get about 600 points since January. I think it's an issue with the batch of ads they have right now. They do show for me. But for the last 6 months I seem to only get the ones that play then say thank you for waiting while your video loads. Survey ads. Or those really frustrating diamond advertisements that just plain don't pay. :rage: Sheesh make me watch an ad about diamonds then don't give me my 5 points. :rage: The alcohol ads don't pay either. The seat belt ads pay, but (thankfully?) those are very few and far between. ......Have you guys ever noticed that the ads aren't very age appropriate? Especially considering this forum won't allow us to post scandalous words like s.pikey :|

@Kylieb191 Sorry you're not getting ads. So many things can cause the ads to not show. Jahnna has some good advice. Also have you tried a different browser?

@lauravonawesome lol, you're on a better run that I. ;) Congratulations?
    (Sorry, the Gothique library isn't CYS Enabled.)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @Nomiko13 and @Kylieb191 You are both very welcome :p
  • Sally_Sally_ Posts: 47 Member
    Thank you @Kylieb191 for the gift! :wink:

Updated my top 5: (all from Ultra Lounge)
    1. Overly general dining chair
    2. Ultimate Ceiling Light
    3. Three of a Kind Wall Lamp
    4. Cube of Light
    5. Ultra Lounge Ceiling Lights
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Sally_thesims
    Happy simming!
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    scillakees wrote: »
    ......Have you guys ever noticed that the ads aren't very age appropriate? Especially considering this forum won't allow us to post scandalous words like s.pikey :|
    @scillakees Lol, that's so true.
    A while back I got a bunch of Baileys ads where you actually had to enter your date of birth in order to watch it. Because that's going to stop minors from watching that ad :expressionless:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Sally_Sally_ Posts: 47 Member
    I finally got the Ultra Lounge Compilation, thank you to all who gifted me :wink:
    1. Prism Art Studio
    2. Nature's wall hooks
    3. tree frame
    4. branch lighting
    5. timberland dresser
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Sally_thesims
    Happy simming! :wink:
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited May 2017
    @LillaGrisen you are most welcome and I hope you enjoy your free set!

@Astreia you're welcome~ not sure what happened, since the store was working to that point, but it's like it just said "nope, you're done for today" lol. I'll try again later, or with a different item. The same thing happened with a few other people before, so will see if that works.

Just got a string of about 30 ads... guess how many actually worked?
    (whoever guesses correctly, I will use the points from those ads to send you a present lol)

But what can you send for only 5 SimPoints? LOL

EDIT: I posted this as I was playing catch up on posts, before reading your response. Sad that I was so close to being right.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @scillakees you're, uh, welcome? lol.

if i've observed anything about my own ads since my return to the boards, it's that i usually get the most either late at night or early in the morning. no consistencies as far as day of the week or a specific time, but i find that from 10pm-7am is when i get the most of my working ads. but i'll see if i can narrow that down even further~ if anyone else has a different experience, please let me know.

gonna be pretty tapped out after gothique library (or mmao, whichever is the better deal), so will hopefully get more working ads soon. but at least i will have my pretty library... and maybe i can do some more gifting too, once the points are replaced. :)
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

Hey guys a pointer, or a reminder, if you knew... try to make a point to Like (Insightful/Awesome) posts by new members (looks at @Sally_ ) to help them achieve full member status. Giving them that precious option of including links to their Top 5 in their sig.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member
    edited May 2017
    Jude525 wrote: »
    But what can you send for only 5 SimPoints? LOL

There's badges on the My Goodies page, but they start at 10 points :p

Using my new pc with Win10 & Chrome I hardly see any ads at all, and none that pay. There's permissions & settings I need to get to that can rule out Flash/security issues. Thankfully, on my old pcs, one with WinXP & Chrome & a Vista with Firefox laptop, I still seem to get the usual amount of ads for this time of year. Not gobfuls but every little bit helps!

edit to add: I read a post from a member here where they lived in an apartment complex. After checking with a friendly neighbor, they learned that, despite living in the same building, they each received a very different amount of ads. One might get nothing for days while the other was getting plenty. The advertisers use pretty complex rules on who sees what, where, and when. Demographics is weighted heavily, as is time of day and location. /edit

Victory!! I finally! got all of my TS3 stuff installed, and I've shuffled over all of the store content using a usb stick. Now I need to get core mods installed and back it all up before I make a mess. What a chore! I'm so grateful to people like ciane for her magnificent re-install guide <3
    edited May 2017
    OMG, so I actually was paying attention during the "Get sports" ad just now, and they mis-spelled "basketball" as "basktetball" ! Don't know why I was even letting the ad play, since it never pays. But at least I got a smile out of it.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 If an ad never pays or you get ads where you know they only pay out twice, once they are loaded up but not started yet just refresh the page. Often I can skip all the bad ads like that and get through to the good ones. I used to always keep playing the non-paying ones hoping to get good ones but then I'd never get the blue box again, so I learned to just refresh the page to get some good ads out.
  • Dusty_BootsDusty_Boots Posts: 236 Member
    Jude525 wrote: »
    OMG, so I actually was paying attention during the "Get sports" ad just now, and they mis-spelled "basketball" as "basktetball" ! Don't know why I was even letting the ad play, since it never pays. But at least I got a smile out of it.

Welkum 2 teh 2071 Olympicks Addvertizers Seminare feechuring:
    Fewtblal Baskteball Socker Shwiming Archerry Tenis Runging
    :D
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited May 2017
    Jahnna wrote: »
    @Jude525 If an ad never pays or you get ads where you know they only pay out twice, once they are loaded up but not started yet just refresh the page. Often I can skip all the bad ads like that and get through to the good ones. I used to always keep playing the non-paying ones hoping to get good ones but then I'd never get the blue box again, so I learned to just refresh the page to get some good ads out.

I had the ad where it asks your age and then two other steps, that didn't pay out. I always refresh the page when that ad starts up. I am still getting the big black box that just spins in the middle, since I left it on a few times, it will bring up a picture but when I click it plays, but don't finish loading at the end, so no sp's given out. I skip the bad ads right away so as to get on to the good ones.

I find the best time is usually around 1 pm EST for me :D

ETA: instead of haven't had, I had (was backwards again) :D
    Post edited by FairyGodMother on
    My best times for farming points have always been very early in the morning from 8am-12pm and late at night between 10pm-2am, GMT.
    I also never had an ad where I had to confirm my age, only survey ads that didn't work 98% of the time, and the 2% they actually did, they did not pay out lol

Off-Topic: Since there are a few gamers here that play games other than Sims 3 and simulators, is there anybody here who has ever heard of Town of Salem? :smiley:
    Oh, I know which ads to skip, that's why I'm surprised I was letting this one run. Maybe I was hoping today would be different. In fact, the old Olympics ads didn't usually pay, but sometimes when they loaded the box would be a different size, and when that happened they paid. So I guess I've learned to double check once in a while.

And I have had the age based surveys, but like everyone else, I've never had a survey that paid.

I rarely get paying ads on my PC, but on my Mac, when I get down to the basement (which isn't often these days) I still get most of my paying ads between 9 and 12 at night. (Whew, that was a run on sentence that probably has some nuns' ears buzzing somewhere. My Catholic school education goes to cr4p here.)
    aka Jude

My Studio

• LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    I'm so sad that so many people doesn't seem to get that many paying ads. :cry: I must confess that I can barely remember an ad I watched in full that didn't pay out. On the other hand, I can barely remember the last time I got an ad on my computer :expressionless:

@Jahnna I have both heard of and played ToS. However, I played for like two days or so well over a year ago, possibly even two. I remember I was the worst at bs-ing my way out of a situation when I had a bad role :joy: (not to mention that my social anxiety kicks in whenever I play a multiplayer game :confused:)
    I do like watching videos of others playing it from time to time, though. I get to enjoy the game without having to worry about my character's safety or my mental health :blush:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    edited May 2017
    Jahnna wrote: »
    @Kylieb191 I wouldn't use Avast ad-tracking, also instead of whitelisting try and just deactivate the ad-blockers for that domain and double check you are not missing an ad-blocker that's already implemented by the browser, eg. Opera got one just a while ago and one can easily overlook that.
    Sometimes when you whitelist a page, it sometimes only whitelists that exact page you are own, eg. the Sales page but it won't whitelist other pages of that website unless you whitelist the whole domain and all it's sub-pages.

Oooh thank you for that will try turning it off and see what happens, hopefully it's just that :). Will get rid of Avast as well
    @scillakees I haven't but i've just downloaded firefox so will give it a shot thank you :)
    @Sally_ No problem :)

Decided to dust off my ps2 - just realised how annoying the mom really is and kinda rage quit :P sorry bad quality.
    20170505_212455_zpscetgxxoy.jpg

Update: It's 1:30am in the UK and so far have had 4 ads come through, turns out java-script was turned off but, i'm going to see if I get a blue box in the morning.
    Post edited by Kylieb191 on
    Zpj9msL.png
    @Jude525 did not know that re: new members and likes/awesomes being of any real help. Will make a point of doing that now, thanks for the heads-up.

I've gotten maybe 2 working ads today, but will see what happens tonight, since I don't typically get working ads until after 10 pm anyway. Didn't sleep too well, but I guess I'm in it for the long haul (still got 4.5 hours until I can use MMAO and 6 until my Gothique Library comes up on DD 586).

@LillaGrisen I steer clear of competitive MMORPGs for that exact reason~ if things go wrong or I end up in a bad group, it's not as easy to bail if there are people relying on you, which creates stress in itself.

I played wizard101 for many years and had to stop because of the toll a specific instance took on my mental health. I still play the game from time to time, but I haven't run that dungeon in nearly 3 years since just hearing its name stresses me out. Even typing this brings back memories... ugh.

I just find the RNG (random number generation) in MMOs is dreadful. Couple that with running a 2-4 hour instance repeatedly to try and get the only good gear in the game and being met with disappointment each time; it eventually becomes soul-crushing.