Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    Well I have to go but I just checked in at the store and I am not getting the blank pages I was earlier so hopefully it will work for everyone ! I won't be able to check for sure until tonight but I thought I would update you guys so if it is working now you can go on! I will let you know tonight it if is working for me. Then I probably won't be on for another week which hopefully will be when I have the store installed correctly! Bye all I have missed all the friends ,friendliness and happy feelings I have from coming on here but I shall be back soon!
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Yes, the store is working again :)
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    @Kylieb191 So you have this issue too (before me) so I blame you :D you messed the store up :D

LOL, Dang it! I'll take the blame this time but if it ever goes down again, you was after me haha :wink:

Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    Yep, got my Jet Set set (set set? lol) and have been getting some nice ads too. May the ads be ever in your favour, all!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    Yes the site is working on my end again to so it is back to reinstalling the store for me! I shall be back when all that I can install is installed! ( Being that I didn't get into sims3 until last year I missed out on a lot of the promotional things and the mmao broke before I got all it had to offer but I do know the right way to install it if it starts to work again so there is always that to look forward to!)
  • lilrosaleenlilrosaleen Posts: 92 Member
    So sorry to hear about all the store issues yesterday. That must have been so frustrating, waiting for a set and then you cannot get into the store to pick it up.

Somehow I was lucky and missed all of this and was able to get "Jet Set".

But at this rate the ads seem gone for good. Even though, every day I try every single browser awaiting their return.
    Kylieb191 wrote: »
    @Kylieb191 So you have this issue too (before me) so I blame you :D you messed the store up :D

LOL, Dang it! I'll take the blame this time but if it ever goes down again, you was after me haha :wink:

I never am the first to complain of the store not working, I learned my lesson, LOL. It is working now, but I am sure it won't last, LOL, so it starts over now till the next time it messes up.

By all means, feel free to let us know if it is not working on your end, I would love to blame you again >:)>:)
    So sorry to hear about all the store issues yesterday. That must have been so frustrating, waiting for a set and then you cannot get into the store to pick it up.

Somehow I was lucky and missed all of this and was able to get "Jet Set".

But at this rate the ads seem gone for good. Even though, every day I try every single browser awaiting their return.

Funny you should mention that :D I don't know why the store was down, because the ads are not working for me. I just don't see them or its the big black box that spins *glares at @Kylieb191 * :D

Glad you got the "Jet Set" though :)
    Yep, got my Jet Set set (set set? lol) and have been getting some nice ads too. May the ads be ever in your favour, all!

Awesome and gratz! And also thank you, the favorable ads are very much needed.

@charlotteprice Looks like we both have to be patient and hope the ads will come back eventually. Hopefully not too much longer.
    I see them only when I am logged out, but that makes them useless.

@Teanias Hope your store-reinstalling process will go well.
  • SandpitturtleSandpitturtle Posts: 171 Member
    edited May 2017
    Erm hey. I remember seeing this thread and I want to try to start interacting more with people, one way being gifting especially because I made a promise to spread a good deed etc. Sorry if I'm not making sense, part of my personal problems is interaction and I'm not entirely sure what to say (I've lost count at how many times I've deleted or changed stuff in this comment haha).

I'm trying to do a wishlist for myself so I can join you guys on this directory but I'm not sure if what I have at the moment is okay. Does the wishlist have to mainly be single items or are sets okay? What's too "Greedy"? Does it matter on the length?

I'd prefer getting this task sorted and making sure everything is okay before I start trying to interact more. I also remember reading other friendly or gift related threads but I can't seem to find them. So if possible, or if needed, can you guys help me by showing me where to go for any helpful information etc?

Edit: Oh I just found the board for gifting etc. I just noticed the pathway to get to this thread as I was scrolling the page. I'm going to have a look around now. Can't believe I missed that >.>
    @Sandpitturtle Welcome to the Gifting Directory! The first page here explains how to get set up on having your Top5. Trust me, you don't want me to explain how to do anything because I would get things twisted or backwards :D

We all are here to help you though. If you have any questions, they will be answered, so feel free to ask away!

I see you have been in the DD thread (no, I never stalk or investigate anyone, LOL) and that is a very useful thread.

You are on the right track ;)
    @charlotteprice Thank you for the welcome :) I did have a read of the first post and the tips for beginners post but I'm still a little unsure haha

Like I've scouted stuff that I intend to get on the DD so I've tried to not include any of those on the wishlist. At the moment I've got 12 things but I've saved it all as the sets, should I list the individual items instead which would make my wishlist a few pages but then organise it to show my top 5? I also don't want to seem greedy or anything :sweat:

I have indeed been on that thread, think it was one of the first I saw on the forums due to popularity, very helpful and I'm seeing more and more friendly people as I get use to these forums.
    @Sandpitturtle what is your username on the store site? Is it the same as here?
    @Sandpitturtle what is your username on the store site? Is it the same as here?

Sorry I forgot about that, my store username is Ahrimanian
    edited May 2017
    @Sandpitturtle Well, after checking your WL, I really think you need to break the sets down. They are too expensive to be gifted. Try removing the set and add the individual items on your WL. Then when you are gifted so many items, check the DD sheet and see how much it will cost you. If it cost, then add more from that set and recheck to see if it is now a free download. Sometimes it could be free before the DD comes up.

Worlds and Venues are fine to put on your WL. Some worlds are better to split the gold from the standard. Ex: If you add Aurora Skies as standard, and also list the Tiny Prodigies Learning Center separate, it is cheaper to gift separately then to go all Gold.

Others will come along and advise you when it comes to getting the best bang for your buck! You will be just fine, you are in good hands ;)
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    Kylieb191 wrote: »

I never am the first to complain of the store not working, I learned my lesson, LOL. It is working now, but I am sure it won't last, LOL, so it starts over now till the next time it messes up.

By all means, feel free to let us know if it is not working on your end, I would love to blame you again >:)>:)

Lol! I have now too :P I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will now :P. I'll keep quiet from now on and let others ask lol but it's working on my end so far :D lol

I blame Hyundai on my side when it concerns the ad black boxes because they made their video unavailable :joy::joy:

Welcome @Sandpitturtle
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Hello! I just want to let you know that I continued to do all these DD stalking, etc. things. Sorry, I'm a "bit" tired, so I can't type much, my brain is pretty foggy. :lol:
    I'm now in the process of reviewing my spreadsheet, reviewing Cascades thread, etc.
    @charlotteprice :):):) Thank you sooo much for giving my entire Top 5 list to me! :):):)

@Sandpitturtle Hello and happy sim-store collecting!
    It is better to list single items since most of them count towards some "Complete your Set"-discount
    that will help you get your desired sets when they come up on the "Daily Deal"-sale.

Just keep reading the helpful instructions and information in the opening post(s) of this thread and things will became clearer
    as you go along. Everything was quite confusing to me at first and you are already well on your way. :)

edited May 2017
    @lilrosaleen You are very welcome, glad I could help out!

Cracked up when you replied to @Sandpitturtle
    Everything was quite confusing to me at first and you are already well on your way. :)

Couldn't help but crack up at this :D I read it as "you are already well on your way to being more confused" :D

*thinks I need another cup of coffee this morning*
    edited May 2017
    @charlotteprice

*almost spills coffee in a fit of giggles reading your post* :D
    Thank you for the feedback, I'm trying my best to understand and read. Looking at calculators and compilations, don't want simmers spending more then they should. So many different things that can occur like the cascades.
    edited May 2017
    @Sandpitturtle If you like kids stuff, here is a link to that wonderful glitch to help you get a lot of stuffhttp://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/859119/love-kids-stuff-well-check-this-out-portuguese#latest

Of course you will need to read page 1. I can never figure out how to link properly, LOL
    @Sandpitturtle If you like kids stuff, here is a link to that wonderful glitch to help you get a lot of stuffhttp://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/859119/love-kids-stuff-well-check-this-out-portuguese#latest

Of course you will need to read page 1. I can never figure out how to link properly, LOL

Thanks I've all ready done the animals abound cascade :)

Thank you for your current help guys, I need to stop trying to figure stuff out etc at the moment though as I've kind of hit my limit mentally and I've got myself worked up. I'm sorry for this, I hope it's okay for me to do my wishlist later or tomorrow. I'm sorry if it's annoying or I seem awkward it's my mental health and I can struggle concentrating. I thought I should say as I really do want to try being part of this community but don't want to come across as a bad person. I'm rambling now so I'm a go and come back later :cold_sweat:
    @Sandpitturtle So glad you did the animals abound cascade already! WOOT

I am the same way. I have a hard time concentrating for too long and end up with a headache, especially when in CAS or when building. Takes me too long and staring at something and concentrating just makes my head spin!

There is a lot to learn but never feel you need to learn everything at once. It would be overwhelming for anyone ;)

You are in no way annoying and there is plenty of awkward moments we all have in here. You will never come across as a bad person and if it takes you a while to be part of this community, then you take all the time you want. (You already are part of this community, but sometimes it takes a while to feel like you are, depending on the person as we are all different) so don't worry! Take the time you need and when you come back on next, we will be here to help you out when you need it!
  • ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    @Sandpitturtle

I have same fears and mental health issues, too. But, I'm trying not to Freak Out all the time. :lol:;)