Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    edited March 2017
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    ninaumi wrote: »
    @Nomiko13 I just love how people around here are so generous. :smile::heart:
    I, too, am lowering my CYS for several items. :lol:

@ninaumi Same here :) And congrats! <3 Do you plan on owning the store or just getting items you specifically want for your sim play?

I plan on getting items I specifically want, and after I get all of that, who knows. :lol::tongue:

I've updated my Top 5. Thank you all!

Post edited by ninaumi on
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @Nomiko13 and @Majestyk the epitome of efficient installations (or so I've been told) is ciane's process presented here. It is definitely targeted at people who own the store, and, truthfully, I have not attempted it myself. But I wanted to make sure that you were at least aware of it for future use.

But even before/without that, if you use either crinrict's browser or kellycot1's Simdex to track what you own, then you can use the download links in Valgon57's download megalist to skip the store entirely and go straight to the download links.

In my opinion I've found the browser's two advantages are: 1) I found it was better at showing what was and wasn't installed in game, and, more importantly, 2) it provides the downloaded filename. While the Simdex's advantage is a clean interface for referencing items that you still have left to buy and seeing what something looks like when choosing whether to use it.

Basically this means you know the name of the set/item you want to download, look up the link in the table, click through and it immediately starts the download/install process without you having to locate the item either in the store or your purchase history. Whether you own the store or not, this is a great tool. Especially if you have a habit of gifting to others often, which further clutters your purchase history.

*whew* As always, don't hesitate to ask any questions. Just make sure to reference my name so that I know to pop back in to answer them.

NOTE: The direct download links in the Megalist weren't compatible when I opened it in QuattroPro, but they did work in OpenOffice. If they don't work for you, the next column brings you to the store page, which at least saves you using the store search or sifting through your purchase history.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Jahnna Thank you so much for the gifts! :mrgreen:

And as I type that @gr1zzly sneaks in and send me another couple of gifts :open_mouth: I'm so spoiled! Thank you so much!!!

Finally update my top 5!
    Post edited by LillaGrisen on
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • MajestykMajestyk Posts: 2,624 Member
    edited March 2017
    Thank you very much @gr1zzly . I updated my top 5. 34% of the way to completion of Date Night!
    edited March 2017
    Jude525 wrote: »
    But even before/without that, if you use either crinrict's browser or kellycot1's Simdex to track what you own, then you can use the download links in Valgon57's download megalist to skip the store entirely and go straight to the download links.

@Jude525 Which one do you find most useful? Do I have to keep/use it on the computer I have the game downloaded on or can I use it on another computer?
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    @ninaumi lol at first I only pursued items I wanted and then somewhere along the way, I decided to pursue the store since I own most of what I want, thanks to generous simmers and friends. <3

@Jude525 Thanks for the info! Bookmarked both links!

@gnlovew thanks for the two gifts, friend, but to my dismay and sadness, the gifts didn't go through on my end :( Nevertheless, I appreciate the thought! <3

@minimonXI Thank you so much for gifting me one of my top 5's (Easy Does it Shirt)! <3

Top 5 updated here!
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thanks @Jahnna and @gr1zzly for your gifts! <3 I finally completed the Jazz Age Living Room set and February 2011 Compilation. Yay!

Top 5 updated!

Don't worry, be happy! It's Le Cirque Celebration! now.
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
    taratownie wrote: »
    Thanks @Jahnna and @gr1zzly for your gifts! <3 I finally completed the Jazz Age Living Room set and February 2011 Compilation. Yay!

Top 5 updated!

Don't worry, be happy! It's Le Cirque Celebration! now.

@taratownie I really need that Jazz Living Room set, ASAP :lol: I'm trying to get to that download button, but it's getting very slow. :neutral:
    edited March 2017
    @Majestyk

Part 1)
    For the process of acquiring the store, I prefer the Simdex. It is much easier to browse. You either check things off as you get them, or you check off what you want and uncheck them as you get them. With the second technique an empty Simdex means an empty wishlist and I found it much easier than the on screen sticky notes I had started with!

But once you own everything, the browser has little dials that indicate the percentage of a collection/set that is installed on your computer. If you have a system that can handle a full install, this is very helpful. I didn't install the browser until a while after I'd been playing on my new system and found that I had missed installing many things, including entire sets. For that the browser was invaluable.

Part 2)
    The Simdex can reside anywhere. It does not depend on game files and can be used on any platform (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux.) Originally I kept it on my tablet so that I could cross reference it against what was on my computer screen, but now it is on my computer so that I can see the content on a larger screen when trying to decide what to use in a build or for an outfit. I sometimes find it easier to browse than the build/buy mode in-game.

crincrit's browser not only needs to be installed on the same system as the game, but there are some other specific requirements. Firstly, it only runs on Windows. Secondly, make sure to follow the instructions for installation carefully. There are separate components that need to be installed precisely in order for it all to work. This isn't difficult if you just follow the instructions step by step, but if the browser doesn't work, just go over the steps again. (I did it wrong the first time :o )

Finally, the browser doesn't technically show what is installed in your game. It looks at the .sims3pack files in the /Downloads folder and assumes that they have actually been installed. If you are someone like me who moves or deletes those files after they are installed, then the browser won't work without a small adjustment. Let me know if you have this problem and I'll explain a workaround.

By now you've noticed that I'm not good at short answers. Sorry about that. What I lack in brevity I hope I make up for in earnestness. I find being part of this community to be a big part of my Sims 3 experience and I love helping people out. The ads have been slow for me lately, so gifting hasn't been my thing, but at least I can do this.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 I'm the type of person that deletes my DLC from the downloads once it finished installing. I think I'm gonna attempt to use the Simdex first. Trying to figure out what all I have first and what I need next. Thanks
    edited March 2017
    @Majestyk Yeah, it would be a pain in the plum to go through what it would take to use the browser at this point. I had the advantage of using it from the beginning on my new system.

You missed all that drama. It took a LOOOONG time for me to pick out the right Windows laptop after giving up on getting The Sims to run well on my Mac. But I'm a very happy camper these days. B)
    aka Jude

My Studio

• simsfanatic9simsfanatic9 Posts: 223 Member
    Thank you, @gr1zzly, @TnT_Terry, and @Jahnna! I now own all the individual items. I just have the worlds and venues left. And those like 2 sets that I own everything in, but it still wants me to buy it. Ugh!

Anyway. About to update my top 5
  • simsfanatic9simsfanatic9 Posts: 223 Member
    Oh! Speaking of which! I forget who gifted it to me because the message disappeared. But thank you to whoever gave me the Gothique Library! Really appreciate it!
    edited March 2017
    Majestyk wrote: »
    It's been a long while since I've been on the stores. when does the sales end? Also where do you usually find the ads?

I missed this. WELL The sales are broken. Have been since October. Make Me An Offer may or may not be broken for you. If it is, good luck getting it fixed. I'm still waiting.

Ads are sporadic for most of us and rarely show any logic. Personally, I can usually get a decent run if I am on my Mac between 8pm and 10pm, but not always. My Windows system is a total cr4pshoot and rarely adds up to much. There are a lot of theories about which browsers work in which combination on which systems, but your mileage may vary. I will say that I have seen people consistently say that any Apple product is more likely to pay out on a regular basis, but they are can be just as fickle as any other platform.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Make me an offer broken how?
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited March 2017
    @SimFanatic9 and @taratownie you're both welcome. I'm happy I could help. :)
    Oh! Speaking of which! I forget who gifted it to me because the message disappeared. But thank you to whoever gave me the Gothique Library! Really appreciate it!

You can go to your purchase history and it will tell you the username of the person that gifted it to you. I have to do it this way as I don't get emails or sims3.com notifications anymore.
    Majestyk wrote: »
    Make me an offer broken how?
    Nobody knows really. Around October the Sims 3 website had a severe glitch. The sales page stopped working (it's still stuck on the same sales from months ago), the Daily Deals rotation got messed up and went a few weeks ahead or back (cant remember which way) and for most people the "Make Me An Offer" page has stopped working always saying "Be Right Back! Our site appears to be down right now. Don’t worry, we have one of our best people working on it." There are only a few lucky people that can still use the Make Me An Offer page. The problem seems to be account specific but EA refuses to work on it, fix it or even admit that something is wrong. Just like they are not bothered to fix the sales page.
    At one point ads also stopped paying out simpoints but at least they fixed that after several people kept reporting it.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
    Ah I used it yesterday or the day before I think so it worked for me at least that time.
  • stephAnie1864stephAnie1864 Posts: 200 Member
    edited March 2017
    Updated my top five thanks to @Ktarian :)
  • KtarianKtarian Posts: 314 Member

I remembered someone else tried so hard, and failed... so I thought I'd gift it to you on their behalf. ^-^ Enjoy!
    edited March 2017
    Many thanks to @minimonXI for sending me a lovely gift from my top 5! I've now update it!
    Don't worry about it ;)
    I've updated my Top 5 ! :)
  • stephAnie1864stephAnie1864 Posts: 200 Member
    Just updated my top 5 again :)
    edited March 2017
    Argh!!! The ninja strikes again! :tongue:

Thank you, @charlotteprice, for another couple of gifts!

I've updated my top 5!
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    Thanks to @gnlovew and @charlotteprice my wishlist is now down to the last 8 items! Thank you both!
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    Thank you @charlotteprice for the gift! :)

My top 5 is updated now.