Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    Hiya @LillaGrisen , welcome!
    Careful with the phalangees ._.

The joke being that I'll type too much? :open_mouth:
    If so, I'll try to heed your advice ;)
    Don't worry about it ;)
    edited January 2017
    @Nomiko13 That's from Moana, right? I honestly haven't seen that movie yet (mainly because it isn't out in my country :bawling: ). They have started selling the merchandise, even though I haven't seen a single commercial for the movie on tv :open_mouth:

It's still a nice way to "you're welcome"'d though! :lol:

Edit: Okay, so apparently it's called "Moana" elswhere and "Vaiana" where I'm from :sweat:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @elphieluvr You are very welcome! The first time I sent it, it got stuck at the 1/4 mark and I canceled it. Did not lose my points. Second time, it went thru. Happens quite often of late, the first just don't want to go thru, LOL.
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    @LillaGrisen
    No not at all I just got the Phoebe disease xD
    Have you watched friends at all?
    23rif7.gif
    @LillaGrisen
    No not at all I just got the Phoebe disease xD
    Have you watched friends at all?

Oh, okay. No, I haven't watched Friends all that much. I'm afraid it was a couple of years before my time :wink:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    edited January 2017
    Holy French pancakes, @charlotteprice, what did you to my Top 5? It's been completely wiped! :joy:
    Thank you so much! Can't wait to try out the waterslide!

Updated my top 5 :relaxed:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @LillaGrisen You are very welcome! Glad I could help!
  • elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    @Nomiko13 That's from Moana, right? I honestly haven't seen that movie yet (mainly because it isn't out in my country :bawling: ). They have started selling the merchandise, even though I haven't seen a single commercial for the movie on tv :open_mouth:

Edit: Okay, so apparently it's called "Moana" elswhere and "Vaiana" where I'm from :sweat:

Yeah, apparently they had to do that because there's a European adult entertainer by the name of Moana? That's what I heard through the grapevine, and I'm frankly too terrified to google it to confirm for fear of what I'll see. :#

@charlotteprice Oh good, glad to hear it. Thanks again!
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Updated my top five! :)
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    elphieluvr wrote: »

Yeah, apparently they had to do that because there's a European adult entertainer by the name of Moana? That's what I heard through the grapevine, and I'm frankly too terrified to google it to confirm for fear of what I'll see. :#

Well that's just scary! Me too. :#

@Astreia glad your son is better. I'm really praying mine doesn't come down with this stuff. Hope you all recover soon. This winter has been unfriendly when it comes to getting ill.

@Hoplass That is totally how I'm feeling. No ads to be seen.

Take care everyone!
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
    edited January 2017

I heard it was a perfume or something trademarked in many European countries (which was the reason the movie couldn't be called "Moana". Disney should've thought about that before naming their princess :angry: ). I was actually looking into watching the movie on my birthday (as where I live it comes out just a couple of days prior) when I realised they don't show the movie in English :bawling: I don't want to see a dubbed version, I want to see the original! :cry:

Edit: So okay, apparently this adult entertainer may have played a part in the renaming of the movie as far as my brief investigation on the more presumably unreliable sites of the internet can tell, at least in Italy (where I believe the movie is called Oceania?). Moana Pozzi seems to have been a famous actor in... movies directed at a more "mature" audience, who also at some point ran for the mayor of Rome.
    What baffles me with this if she indeed is the reason behind the namechange is that Disney's target audience (children, I would assume? I know there are a lot of Disney-fans that don't fit into that category, but I would imagine their target audience is mostly children) probably has never heard of this actress, not only because she acts in child-inappropriate movies, but also because she died over twenty years ago. I wouldn't imagine either that many outside Italy has heard of her, because she seemed to be a sort of domestic celebrity. I've certainly never heard of her before (not that I can say I've heard of many in that business).
    Post edited by LillaGrisen on
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member

I heard it was a perfume or something trademarked in many European countries (which was the reason the movie couldn't be called "Moana". Disney should've thought about that before naming their princess :angry: ). I was actually looking into watching the movie on my birthday (as where I live it comes out just a couple of days prior) when I realised they don't show the movie in English :bawling: I don't want to see a dubbed version, I want to see the original! :cry:

For that you'll probably have to order a DVD from somewhere or... watch a stream online.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
    @Jahnna Yeah, but it's not really the same, is it? I'd much rather see the movie in 3D on a big screen in a movie theatre than sitting at home in my couch. :confused:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @LillaGrisen
    Don't forget ze popcorn!
    23rif7.gif
    edited January 2017
    @LillaGrisen
    Don't forget ze popcorn!

I don't like popcorn.
    Don't worry about it ;)
    :gasp:
    Do you take food with you usually?
    23rif7.gif
    edited January 2017
    @AuzzPanda When I'm in front of the TV or in a movie theatre? (I mean, the answer to both of those are yes, but the type of comestibles wary with location)
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @AuzzPanda When I'm in front of the TV or in a movie theatre? (I mean, the answer to both of those are yes, but the type of comestibles wary with location)

In the theater!
    23rif7.gif
    edited January 2017
    @AuzzPanda I usually buy some snacks or some candy. I don't particularly care for popcorn.
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Wow, thank you @charlotteprice for gifting me my top 5! <3 The Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set will be a green download for me at Jan/27

Top 5 updated
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    @LillaGrisen
    Don't forget ze popcorn!

I don't like popcorn.

I don't really like popcorn much either. I'd much rather have twizzlers or some other chewy candy stuffs than popcorn. But I honestly don't usually eat snacks in the theatre (partly because snacks cost more than the tickets, seriously it's crazy) we usually just get food after.

And that was informative, learn something knew everyday I guess. I agree though, that it isn't the same but unfortunately that is how I watch most movies, at home on my tv. Because I just can't go to the movies as often as I'd like. Besides the money finding someone to watch my kids for me is hard because of their health and the health of the people I usually ask. I'd wanted to take my parents to see Rogue One but that isn't happening this year. Things are off to a rough start this year.
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited January 2017
    Tamaek wrote: »
    @LillaGrisen
    Don't forget ze popcorn!

I don't like popcorn.

I don't really like popcorn much either. I'd much rather have twizzlers or some other chewy candy stuffs than popcorn. But I honestly don't usually eat snacks in the theatre (partly because snacks cost more than the tickets, seriously it's crazy) we usually just get food after.

@Tamaek Popcorn kernels get stuck in my teeth and as for the snacks part, I sneak in my own snacks :joy: I take a visit to a Dollar Store and buy bags of Starbursts, sour gummy worms, and maybe skittles for under, like, 3 USD. I stash 'em in my handy dandy purse :wink: I refuse to spend 5.50 USD for a single ounce of candy at the theatre. It's highway robbery for how much they charge for the small portions of candy. :worried: Wish I would spend that much! lol
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • elphieluvrelphieluvr Posts: 119 Member
    I must be the outlier here, I refuse to see a movie without popcorn. At home or in theatres.

Of course, I'm not much of a movie person anyway. I only make exceptions for Disney, and typically only for musicals. I prefer live theatre, where popcorn is considered very rude.

@Tamaek I hope your son is still doing ok!
    I'm Leila, but I also answer to Elphie.
    Wishlist
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    I also used to bring something myself but those times are over. They check your purse nowadays, so sneaking something in is not really possible anymore. My boyfriend once had to leave a leftover sandwich from lunch at work, he was not allowed to keep it. From all possible snacks you eat during a movie, I don't think many people would choose a sandwich peanut butter :p .
    Tamaek wrote: »
    And that was informative, learn something knew everyday I guess. I agree though, that it isn't the same but unfortunately that is how I watch most movies, at home on my tv. Because I just can't go to the movies as often as I'd like. Besides the money finding someone to watch my kids for me is hard because of their health and the health of the people I usually ask. I'd wanted to take my parents to see Rogue One but that isn't happening this year. Things are off to a rough start this year.

I don't usually go see movies in the theatres either, but I know my parents think I should get out more and I thought seeing Moana would be a good opportunity to do just that (which obviously isn't happening anymore).
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    @Tamaek Popcorn kernels get stuck in my teeth and as for the snacks part, I sneak in my own snacks :joy: I take a visit to a Dollar Store and buy bags of Starbursts, sour gummy worms, and maybe skittles for under, like, 3 USD. I stash 'em in my handy dandy purse :wink: I refuse to spend 5.50 USD for a single ounce of candy at the theatre. It's highway robbery for how much they charge for the small portions of candy. :worried: Wish I would spend that much! lol

Wait a minute, hold your horses! 5.50 USD for an ounce of candy? I know where I live buying at the theatres is definitely far more expensive than buying it in store, but that price is outrageous! (mind you that I usually buy pre-packaged candy rather than buying bulk candy, the latter usually being very expensive)
    Hoplass wrote: »
    I also used to bring something myself but those times are over. They check your purse nowadays, so sneaking something in is not really possible anymore. My boyfriend once had to leave a leftover sandwich from lunch at work, he was not allowed to keep it. From all possible snacks you eat during a movie, I don't think many people would choose a sandwich peanut butter :p .

:open_mouth: They check bags and purses where you live? Well, I would not make that cut :lol: I always carry a waterbottle in my backpack (though I don't know if they ask you to throw away drinks as well?). I've never had to show anyone in the theatres what's in my bag. Honestly, I think that would kind of ruin my night and instead of concentrating on the movie I would just sit there being upset that they went through my backpack. A woman's backpack is her castle, right? :lol:
    Don't worry about it ;)