Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited November 2016
    Tamaek wrote: »
    @JovialJoy I'm about halfway through season 4 right now. Turns out it is pretty addictive. I won't say more because I don't want to ruin it for anyone but I'm really enjoying it and it gives me something to do while my husband is working besides simming of course. ^_^

@Opicana That's why I set my phone alarm, I have one called Sims 3 Store otherwise I would miss them and that was sooo frustrating.

Haha, I also always set an alarm even when it was 4am in the morning. I would have already opened the daily deal page before going to bed so when I woke from the alarm i could just refresh the page on my phone, buy it and then go to sleep after maybe 20 seconds ;-)

That reminds me I need to continue watching Game of Thrones, I think I stopped with Season 4 or 5, not sureo :o But right now Im happy that The Walking Dead and The Big Bang Theory continue! Meanwhile I'm waiting for the full season of 2 Broke Girls and for the next seasons of The Preacher and I'm rewatching my good old Desperate Housewives. And if I have time I want to start watching Orange is the New Black and Stranger Things. That reminds me I still got a handful of episodes of Breaking Bad left to watch. Ohh noo and a couple of seasons of Smallville!! :worried::worried::worried:
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Phew! So much activity!

@Jahnna, it's so cool that your park was so popular. I've never built a large venue, and never really for a diverse target audience. I don't expect to see that happen until I do a park or a movie theater. My gyms and small parks have done well, except for the park I built across the street from one family. It was designed with the intent of the kids meeting friends and I loaded it with swings and hopscotch and the like, but I didn't have much success. In fairness, I don't remember how often I actually brought them over there. They may have been too busy with school. I'm definitely considering the school vacation cheat that gives them a week off here and there to simulate real life and give them a break from school hours and studying. I've also recently seen the suggestion of keeping the school near the house to reduce bus time. That might be a big help without using a mod.

I mentioned a movie theater. I built one once that was meant to be a one stop entertainment destination for the whole family; from a gum ball machine on up to an adults bar. But I never got to play it because of a system crash due to a lightning strike on my house in OA. I kid you not. My Mac was fried. Insurance replaced it, but the new one was a blank slate.

@JovialJoy, as you can see, I don't worry about long posts. And no one has chided me. Yet. o:) or >:)
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited November 2016
    Opicana wrote: »
    I managed to get Wretched Threads + Front Row Center Bedroom for 165 yesterday thanks to the help of the boards. However, I did realize that I missed Island Villa from earlier, which I would have gotten for free. UGH! I need to set an alarm for these things, LOL. I have too many other things going on to remember.
    @Opicana That's why I set my phone alarm, I have one called Sims 3 Store otherwise I would miss them and that was sooo frustrating.
    Jahnna wrote: »
    Haha, I also always set an alarm even when it was 4am in the morning. I would have already opened the daily deal page before going to bed so when I woke from the alarm i could just refresh the page on my phone, buy it and then go to sleep after maybe 20 seconds ;-)

"You know you're addicted to stalking the deals when..." :p I set calendar alerts on my phone, and if a Daily Deal is occuring when I expect to be asleep, I do the same thing that @Jahnna does! Hehe... And my boyfriend is getting reeeally annoyed. He's like, "Why did your alarm go off at 5:45 this morning?" Whoops... :D Gotta find a workaround.

Opicana wrote: »
    I'm shooting for Street Couture- Kids & Teens, and Vineyard Villa Furnishings, both coming up on the DD in the next couple days.

@Opicana, I'm waiting for the two Venues on the Daily Deal this week, and then I'm working on the first set you mentioned and the Glitter and Glam Bedroom. I'd owned nothing out of either set, but thanks to @Tamaek my CYS for Street Couture - Kids and Teens is now lower! <3<3<3 (And I updated my top five.)

Is anyone picking up The Now & Then Century Manor today? I'm planning on it! And later in the week, I want to pick up The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire. I'm really excited about that because of the PC content that's included. I was in orchestra throughout school and played the violin. And I've always been interested in taking up archery--although I've only actually ever used a bow once before. Eeeep! So excited!

@JovialJoy I'm about halfway through season 4 right now.
    Jahnna wrote: »
    That reminds me I need to continue watching Game of Thrones, I think I stopped with Season 4 or 5, not sure :o But right now Im happy that The Walking Dead and The Big Bang Theory continue! Meanwhile I'm waiting for the full season of 2 Broke Girls and for the next seasons of The Preacher and I'm rewatching my good old Desperate Housewives. And if I have time I want to start watching Orange is the New Black and Stranger Things. That reminds me I still got a handful of episodes of Breaking Bad left to watch. Ohh noo and a couple of seasons of Smallville!! :worried::worried::worried:

Currently I'm in the middle of season three of Game of Thrones. And it's better than I'd expected! I'm always impressed with the incredible acting of Peter Dinklage. I think Tyrion Lannister is my favorite character in the show; he's so richly layered!

Wow at your roster of shows, @Jahnna! I haven't seen The Walking Dead. I scare easily ... and, well ... zombies. :s So I've been hesitant to watch it, although I've heard so many great reviews. Similarly, with Breaking Bad, I heard great things about it, but just the first episode was so depressing. And I think I was out of room for shows of that nature after watching Weeds. But I have seen Desperate Housewives! I devoured the whole series a few years ago, and then I was sad when the romance ended. And I've watched all of Orange is the New Black to date.
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    @JovialJoy and @Tamaek, I have alarms set for the next three months, but I have drawn the line at setting them for the middle of the night. I take meds to sleep and don't dare risk waking up and not getting back to sleep. I made an exception a couple weeks ago, though I don't remember what for. But that wasn't a big exception because it was only about an hour before my normal time to get up.

At first owning the Duke of Bows didn't seem like a big deal, so I bought the fiddle on it's own. But now I'm kinda thinking the Black Dragon might be worth it. So, even though it isn't CYS, I will be picking it up, just not right now. It's on my schedule for February 1.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• OpicanaOpicana Posts: 379 Member
    Thanks to @JoeJude16 for helping with the Vineyard Villa Set. I set an alert for it tomorrow...hoping to get it down a bit more tonight. ;)

Thanks to @Tamaek for helping me with the Street Couture set.

My top 5 has been udated!
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    I do exactly what you do @Jahnna, fortunately for me when my husband is here (he works night shift) and I'm asleep (sometimes I sleep during the day while my kids are in school so I can be awake with him when he calls on his breaks) he just hands me my phone and says "It's your sims." with a smile. I love that he gets me! <3 We've been together for going on 14 years and we've been married for 8. Our 9th anniversary is this coming New Year's Day. ^_^

I don't blame you @JoeJude16, my sister is an insomniac, diagnosed and requires meds to help her sleep, too. If I had a similar problem I so would not want to wake up mid-sleeptime to buy a digital thing that will come around again.

@JovialJoy I did pick up the Now and Then Century Manor, I've wanted that for so very long but I never had the points when it was up. Until now! And I agree that Tyrion is my favorite character, too. And Daenerys Stormborn, I like her quite a bit, too. I grew up on horror movies and I collect zombie movies, I have all the Living Dead Movies. In fact the first real date my husband took me on (We never really dated per se until after we were married we just hung out a lot and pretty much moved in together as soon as we started seeing each other. Not intentionally really, he just came over and never really left and then little by little all his stuff moved over to my place. lol) was to see Dawn of Dead, gross by the way. But I liked it!

I haven't seen the last two seasons of the Walking Dead, I love the show but I've been doing other things and I'm more waiting till the next season comes out and my husband and I are going to watch it together in a binge. He's mad at the show right now because of something that happened during the first episode and so is my dad. My sister and I were watching Prison Break, which is surprisingly good but we are waiting until her seizures are more under control because sirens= seizures right now but we were assured that in a few months, maybe a year they will be more or less gone or under control so we can wait. I finally finished House M.D., very much loved that show. I want to watch Agents of Shield after I'm done with Game of Thrones (caught up at least to season 5 and waiting for 6 to be released anyway). I also need to catch season 11 of Supernatural now that its on Netflix. But I have to wait for my hubby to watch it because we've been watching them together for the last 10 seasons. I've always been curious about Breaking Bad but I've never seen it, might give it a go. I really want to see Ash vs The Evil Dead but alas I can't unless I get it for Christmas this year as I don't get Starz.

And you are most welcome @Opicana and @JovialJoy! Glad I could help!
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
    edited November 2016
    I was able to pick up Street Couture - Kids and Teens pretty cheap. Again, thank you so much for reducing my CYS, @Tamaek! And I updated my Wishlist again as I now work toward lowering my CYS for the Glitter and Glam Bedroom.

I did check out "Edd" a little more closely, and we're now scheduling dates further out. But no more than two weeks at a time! It gives me a better idea of how much to budget for this courtship. Yeah, we're progressive like that! :p And the only reason I'm able to make dates with him in the middle of the night, @JoeJude16, is because I'm currently unemployed ... and going through a bout of insomnia. Those are the only reasons I can do it. If I was working right now--fuhgeddaboudit!

So glad you were able to pick up The Now and Then Century Manor this time around on the Daily Deal, Tamaek! I really love content that brings new architectural elements to my world. And for those who like dark and gritty aesthetic, the "now" version of the manor would be perfect for a haunted house ... or one abandoned in a zombie apocalypse! ;)

Speaking of zombies, @Tamaek, your dating story reminded me of the series Switched At Birth. Have you seen that one? It's probably a bit cheesy, and steps into soap opera territory, but I loved it. Another series I like is iZombie! It renders such an unconventional depiction of zombies that I can actually handle watching the show. It's the slow-moving zombies, with the flash-attack and gore, that freak me out! Just the little bit of that in Burying the Ex bothered me. But I wasn't even expecting that one to be a zombie movie! Have you seen it?

What's ridiculous is that, while I can't handle the gore that's often in zombie movies, I can watch Game of Thrones, with body parts being chopped off in virtually every episode! But I feel like those scenes are more abrupt and quickly pan away. Truth be told, even then, I usually avert my eyes. And I generally feel relieved when the story tracks Daenerys Stormborn's character because the events surrounding her seem just a smidge more peaceful! Yes, she's probably my second favorite character. Although I do love to hate Joffrey; he's just so despicable.

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • XanthinaXanthina Posts: 86 Member
    I miss Game of Thrones. I haven't been able to watch since Season 5 :(
    Thanks to @Scotsim for the generous gifting.

Working on the Street Couture set for tomorrow morning! Wishlist updated!
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Thanks @Me1620 ! :) Again honestly. I'm glad it hasn't been a pain lol

@Xanthina
    Oooh but you must! I bet you already got billions of spoilers though...
    23rif7.gif
    Thank you so much, @Teanias and @debbycanty, for helping my CYS dreams come true! <3 I updated my Wishlist.

• JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    I can't hold back. To all you Americans here: You have my sympathy! And good luck! :s:'(
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited November 2016
    @Teanias
    @debbycanty
    @Karnzter
    OH MY FLYING BABOONS! Thanks so much! I can't believe how kind you are, It really makes me happy :)
    Real, deep thanks. SO much honestly! How are you?

@Tamaek
    I KNOW. I was so surprised. I didn't actually think it would happen rofl...
    -I'm deeply sorry to hear that wow it's horrible. I really hope it goes as well as possible... Much love to the family. Hope you're alright. As much as you can be..
    23rif7.gif
    Thanks to @Teanias and @debbycanty I picked up Through the Spy Glass for 50 SP and went ahead and grabbed Fortune's Folly for 70 without even checking if there were any other pieces on the DD. Ads have been steady lately and there have been so few things on DD I felt like treating myself just to get something new. B) Also, @Teanias, I really appreciate the witty gifting notes.

I have no sets coming up in the DD until January, so I've updated my wishlist to items from Collectionne Stäncké. I need to go over the PDF store checklist and see just what I have left that I'm working toward, then update my plan of attack.

No news on the PC build, but I've got the game running on the Mac. Only a few packs and worlds installed, but at least I can play and I am working on my dive bar build, finally. Have a couple pieces that I want from packs that aren't installed, but I'll finish it without them and save it, then try to install the needed expansions and get them in for the final submission. If they crash the game, at least I'll have something to submit.

That's it from my little corner of the world. Hope everyone is well.

aka Jude

My Studio

• XanthinaXanthina Posts: 86 Member
    @teanias Thank you for the dress and blouse!

@AuzzPanda not TOO many spoilers. But definitely the big stuff, and where things deviated from the books/
    Could someone please let me know, what happens if you try to gift an item that someone already owns? If you know someone is working on a set and there are items not in their wishlist that you want to gift, is it safe to try to send them, or will the system let you double purchase?
    aka Jude

My Studio

• TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    Thanks @Jahnna.

And thank you @Teanias and @debbycanty for the gifts. They helped brighten my very dark day just a little.

I've recently learned that my father-in-law has terminal cancer. They can't do anything for him so they are going to probably let him go home and spend his last days with family in comfort. I probably won't be on as much in the coming days. Maybe but I don't know so if I don't answer you guys or thank you right away for gifts know that I really do appreciate you and that I'm just distracted. This is a difficult time for all of us right now. Thank you all and hope your days are better than mine. I truly do. And cherish your loved ones, you never know when something could come along and take them away from you. You don't always have tomorrow.

(Reposted but edited to exclude any rules violations that appeared in the original post and I apologize for any offensive or inflammatory remarks, if anyone was offended it was not my intention. I really shouldn't post when I'm upset and tired. Again I apologize.)

And @JoeJude16 if you try to gift an item to someone that they already own it will simply tell you that they already have the item. (Or at least it used to before the site got all weird but I imagine it will still behave the same way.)
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
    @Tamaek, I am so sorry. <3

• TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited November 2016
    @tamaek first I am glad I could brighten your day a little! So sorry to hear about your father-in-law I'll say a prayer for him your loved ones and you!

@Xanthina @JoeJude16 and @AuzzPanda your all welcome enjoy I am glad I could pay forward some of the generosity I have received on here and joejude I am glad you liked my little messages!
    Thanks to @debbycanty and @Teanias for the gifts!

@Tamaek I'm so, so sorry. Hugs & good wishes to you and your family.

My phone broke Tuesday night, so I missed the Street Couture when it was really cheap yesterday morning since I was away from my computer. Oh well, I'll be all set for next time. Phone is still broken, so I'm going to review the list and see if there is anything upcoming that I want to shoot for that I can be sure I'm around for. I'll post an updated list soon.
    Wishlist Updated! I'm going for Loads of Laundry tomorrow, and It's Game Time on Saturday.
    edited November 2016
    Off topic question, but you guys are so helpful- Can you unsubscribe to individual threads? I've posted in a couple of popular threads that I'm no longer interested in following (like the username game), how can I stop getting notifications from it (I have a couple hundred every time I log in now).

Edit: Aha! Problem solves. I checked off the notification preference for "discussions I participate in" and I'll just need to remember to bookmark all important threads. :)
    Post edited by Opicana on
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    edited November 2016
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    Could someone please let me know, what happens if you try to gift an item that someone already owns? If you know someone is working on a set and there are items not in their wishlist that you want to gift, is it safe to try to send them, or will the system let you double purchase?
    @JoeJude16 - Normally, after you submit the gift and if the person owns it, a message pops up that the person already owns the item. Your transaction is cancelled. Quite often I have sent gifts for items not on the wishlist with no problem. I have received the message and points were not deducted.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    edited November 2016
    So, I was able to pick up the Glitter and Glam Bedroom for just 5 SimPoints! Thank you so much for lowering my CYS and making it possible, @Teanias, @debbycanty, and @Me1620! I would've stalled on the purchase in favor of The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire that's coming up soon on the Daily Deal. But with my CYS, and a flood of ads that finally started coming through, I'll be able to pick up both of them--along with a couple of single items. B)

By the way, Jodi, my signature should reflect the change you suggested I make. Thank you for the message!

Now I'm trying to lower my CYS for the Everyday Teens Collection featured as the Daily Deal on Nov 14th. My Top Five and Wishlist have been updated to reflect this.