Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• XanthinaXanthina Posts: 86 Member
    @Hoplass I slept through the DD, but, well, I'll get it on the next go round. More time to pick up pieces. I still need to learn to plan better

@Opicana It's not, though I have been told I should read the books. Xanthina is a type of rose, so I picked it from that. :)
    @Cyraellia From the last blog post, July 2014: "The Sims 3 Store is staying open so you can continue to access all of the great content we’ve made over the years."

If you have new information, could you link to it, please?
  • TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited October 2016
    @Opicana might there be another xanth fan in this forum I have quite a few xanth books!

@JoeJude16 and @Cyraellia if you guys want to have a list separate from you wishlist on the sim store site you could do what I did when I got close to owning the store and use your shopping cart ! I used mine for about 3 months and it never got erased plus if someone gifted me something that was on it it was automatically removed from my cart! The only problem you might have is it won't let you have repeated items like if you have a set with a chair on it it won't let you put the chair listed on it individually. The good thing with it is if you get curious about how many Sp it will take for you to get everything you can act like you are going to check out then cancel!
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @Teanias, Huge Piers Anthony fan! Especially the Incarnations of Immortality series, followed closely by the Apprentice Adept. I loved Xanth as a teenager, but grew tired of the puns as I got older and the number of books soared. But grateful that it introduced me to his work.

My "sticky note" is actually a tiny "spreadsheet" of items that includes prices, at my current CYS, and a tally of the current list's cost. I have WAY too much time. So take the compulsive nature of your average DD stalker and give them unlimited time to obsess on the process. There are actually a couple features I've thought of that might be nice in @me1620's spreadsheet. I don't expect her to work on adding them, but figured she might not mind if I polished off my spreadsheet skills and took a stab at it. way too much time

@Xanthina, yes, I've seen several reassurances from official posts that the store is not closing. And that when it does, cuz let's face it, it's not eternal, there will be plenty of notice.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @Xanthina, Thanks for the sofa :)
    aka Jude

My Studio

• CyraelliaCyraellia Posts: 85 Member
    edited October 2016
    @JoeJude16 Hahaha...yeah, I never got around to fix up my wishlist especially lately since my first son was just born a few months ago. I finally have some time now, so it's already "cleaned up"....a little :p. My wishlist is supposed to focus on items from the threads that you mentioned but then I started wandering off to some other extra stuff and everytime I liked something, I'd just add to wishlist. Well, eventually it becomes a pile of mess. Btw, thanks very much for the stove! <3 That goes to you as well, @Opicana. Thank you for the cookery! <3

@picklesthecat114 and @Xanthina. No, no, no, I didn't mean to say that the store will close. I just thought that the last word about sims 3 store was 2 years ago and nothing lasts forever, so it'll probably close in the future and I just want to get my stuff done in case they close without notice (I hope it won't happen though). But other than that, I haven't seen anything else, about the sims 3 store, being mentioned.

@Teanias thank you for the suggestion! It's a good idea and I just started it now ;)

Edit: I edited my top 5 post
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    From my TOP 5!

@Tamaek thanks for the Formal Cabinet !!! <3

@Estyss_Eon thanks for the Door Within Door, Water Wonderland Bathtub and Almost Alive Hamper !!! <3

@simgeek79 thanks for the The Queens Toilet !!! <3

I like this crazy items. Thanks!!! :)

I have updated my Top 5 list HERE :D
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Cyraellia wrote: »
    @JoeJude16 Hahaha...yeah, I never got around to fix up my wishlist especially lately since my first son was just born a few months ago. I finally have some time now, so it's already "cleaned up"....a little :p. My wishlist is supposed to focus on items from the threads that you mentioned but then I started wandering off to some other extra stuff and everytime I liked something, I'd just add to wishlist. Well, eventually it becomes a pile of mess. Btw, thanks very much for the stove! <3 That goes to you as well, @Opicana. Thank you for the cookery! <3

Hi @Cyraellia ! Welcome and Congratulations! I hope your baby is doing well and that he gives good nights. I was lucky with my son he sleeps almost the whole night and he's just 3 months old. My daughter woke up every 3 hours for at least a year.
  • AsfastrAsfastr Posts: 80 Member
    Thank you for the gifts, @simgeek79 :)
  • OpicanaOpicana Posts: 379 Member
    Xanthina wrote: »
    @Opicana It's not, though I have been told I should read the books. Xanthina is a type of rose, so I picked it from that. :)

Oh! Very pretty!

• OpicanaOpicana Posts: 379 Member
    Teanias wrote: »
    @Opicana might there be another xanth fan in this forum I have quite a few xanth books!

Yes! When I was younger I managed to get caught up, but now I have quite a few in the queue to read. Haven't read them in years, but I hope to revisit them all soon.

I'm finding I enjoy gifting as much as being gifted, :smiley:
  • TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    @JoeJude16 and @Opicana I still love the puns of xanth but it has been a while since I read them also! I am missing demons don't dream from around the middle of the series and the last one I read was zombie lover! I do know when I do get the one I am missing or a new one I will read all the books from the beginning to the end that is a habit I have whenever I get a new book in a series I don't know I always want to start from the beginning but I do!
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    edited October 2016
    Xanthina wrote: »
    I'm finding I enjoy gifting as much as being gifted, :smiley:

I've found the same thing. Which is why I really wish these ads would pick up again. I think I've got just enough to finish off the big venues I still need to get when they come up on the DD like the Now and Then Century Manor (I really love that one) and the Prism Art Studio but it isn't leaving me much to gift with. I'm so close to owning the store that I'm trying for the homestretch it feels like. I've still got a handful of sets left but it is nothing like what I had and they are all on my wishlist now, well the parts I need anyway. I feel like Tiana, I'm almost there. Once I've crossed the finish line I'll start gifting as often as I can rack up the points. And oddly that is something I am truly looking forward to, it is like my reward for completing this task, which is odd because owning the store is fun, too. (Grammar Gods please forgive me I'm tired and this week is very busy. :( <whew)

Thank you all for helping me get this far! <3
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
    These ads, or lack thereof, are killing me! At this rate I won't be able to keep up my schedule on the DD. I have enough for my priority, the Skylight Studio on the 13th, but if I don't get some points I'll have to skip a couple items before then. *sigh* I mean, it isn't world peace or anything, but....

@Cyraellia, congratualations! I never had children, but got to share my 14 nieces and nephews, and now their kids. It isn't the same, but then, I didn't have to change diapers at 2am either.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited October 2016
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    These ads, or lack thereof, are killing me! At this rate I won't be able to keep up my schedule on the DD. I have enough for my priority, the Skylight Studio on the 13th, but if I don't get some points I'll have to skip a couple items before then. *sigh* I mean, it isn't world peace or anything, but....

@Cyraellia, congratualations! I never had children, but got to share my 14 nieces and nephews, and now their kids. It isn't the same, but then, I didn't have to change diapers at 2am either.

I had to go through the same. During the first rotation I had to skip Mother Russia,Palace of Versailles and all the punk-ish rebel stuff. However, today for the first time in a long time I tried to do some ads and oh my gosh lol I went from 300 odd simpoints to 1400 lol Now I can finally afford all the sets currently on my DD list! If I get a little more lucky now I will definitely go around doing some more awesome gifting!;-D :cookie:

By the way, many thanks @Xanthina for the Versailles Dress! Can't wait to dress some weird supernatural families in them clothes! :smiley:
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
    It's coming in dribs and drabs. 20 points earlier today. Another 30 points just now. It's like I like to say... it's free, so I really can't complain. But I can whine :smiley: Besides, in an hour I could easily hit a 1,000 point run.

Thanks for the Sixes chair @Jahnna, a step closer to my Jazz Age Living Room.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• CyraelliaCyraellia Posts: 85 Member
    edited October 2016
    @Astreia My son is 5mo now and he sleeps throughout most of the night. He used to wake up every 2-3 hrs but as he gets older, the time gap between feedings increase, which is good. I was sleep deprived before, especially since I wasn't used to waking up every 2-3 hrs. Excuse the new mom hahaha . I still wake up often at night now though cause he sleeps with me and he likes to kick me in his sleep. :(
    @JoeJude16 haha, thanks. Yeah, having to wake up often in the middle of the night sucks but it's not that bad now, mainly cause I'm used to it. :D

@Tamaek, @Karnzter, and @Jahnna, thank you very much for the gifts! Love them! <3:)
    Post edited by Cyraellia on
    It's coming in dribs and drabs. 20 points earlier today. Another 30 points just now. It's like I like to say... it's free, so I really can't complain. But I can whine :smiley: Besides, in an hour I could easily hit a 1,000 point run.

Thanks for the Sixes chair @Jahnna, a step closer to my Jazz Age Living Room.

No problem, I love that chair so it was a must gift lol.
    Cyraellia wrote: »
    @Astreia My son is 5mo now and he sleeps throughout most of the night. He used to wake up every 2-3 hrs but as he gets older, the time gap between feedings increase, which is good. I was sleep deprived before, especially since I wasn't used to waking up every 2-3 hrs. Excuse the new mom hahaha . I still wake up often at night now though cause he sleeps with me and he likes to kick me in his sleep. :(
    @JoeJude16 haha, thanks. Yeah, having to wake up often in the middle of the night plum but it's not that bad now, mainly cause I'm used to it. :D

@Tamaek, @Karnzter, and @Jahnna, thank you very much for the gifts! Love them! <3:)

Congratulations first and you're welcome. I don't have any kids myself, I'm only 22. But I have a little half-sister who is 4 years old now. I always used to help, carry her a lot, go shopping with her or just look after her/have her on my arm while she sleeps and I'm at the computer lol So I know how deprived you must be even though I didn't have to get up for my little sis but her room was right next to mine. ;-)
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    edited October 2016
    It's coming in dribs and drabs. 20 points earlier today. Another 30 points just now. It's like I like to say... it's free, so I really can't complain. But I can whine :smiley:

My thoughts exactly! It's been a while with just the Olympic Comitee adds and therefore no simpoints, but yesterday and today I got 10 simpoints! Well it's better than nothing!

Thank you @Jahnna for the Pedro Estate Candelabra and Pedro Estate Chandelier, they make Hacienda Luxury a bit closer!

I've updated my Top5.
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    edited October 2016
    @JoeJude16 and @Astreia that is pretty much where I am, too. I'm worried that I will have to skip some stuff on the DD rotation which is so sad because I'm close but it is free so I can't really complain (except for the ones that run and don't deliver, those waste my time *hiss*) but I can whine and do with impunity. lol

Glad to hear the ads are working for you again @Jahnna I remember you saying you'd hit a dry spell so I know how good it feels for them to finally take off. Fingers crossed that it keeps up the momentum. And thanks for the gift, it is a big help in driving the price of the Luxury Resort Attire set down for the DD. And it was in my top five. ^_^

And a thank you to @simgeek79 for the doing the same with the Luxury Resort Attire and Palace of Versailles sets.

I really appreciate it, every little bit helps me so very much.

I've updated my top five.
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • LoveandhateLoveandhate Posts: 553 Member
    I am here to finally updated my top items!!! There's only 4 items on it that are reachable, I have to update my Wishlist as well so that will be done later today after school.
    Have a great, blessed day!
    Sims 3 store: ScarlettRing

You guys should try and change your location on the sims 3 page to United Kingdom. I get nothing but a 30 sec TreSemme advert non-stop. After gifting so much yesterday I went from 1,400 down to 600 again but thanks to that ad I'm back to 2,000 now.
    I've updated my top 5 again.

Thank you @simgeek79 that was awesome of you, and thank you @Jahnna . I'm going to try the UK location... I've been getting no ads the past two days :(
  • HeketeHekete Posts: 247 Member