Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Jahnna wrote: »
    Good luck with that! :-) Because I tend to always do the same in Sims and can't force myself to try something new/unusal I just decided to kinda do a "challenge" which is complete every single lifetime wish in Sims 3. I just got a list with all the wishes of all ep's and their goals so I can just pick one for my families offspring, generation after generation. Besides that I will try to get some achievements and badges from the Sims 3 website.

My current family adopted. Which means random traits. He's a Mooch. I have no idea what to do with him. I just keep ignoring his Mooch wishes. But I have resisted the temptation of using a cheat to alter his traits. I suppose I could look it up, but he's totally playable otherwise, since I've controlled his other traits as he's aged up.

@Jahnna, You're talking about in game gifting that arrives in your Sim's mailbox, right? Because I think @horseygirl24 is concerned about email in real life.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    Good luck with that! :-) Because I tend to always do the same in Sims and can't force myself to try something new/unusal I just decided to kinda do a "challenge" which is complete every single lifetime wish in Sims 3. I just got a list with all the wishes of all ep's and their goals so I can just pick one for my families offspring, generation after generation. Besides that I will try to get some achievements and badges from the Sims 3 website.

My current family adopted. Which means random traits. He's a Mooch. I have no idea what to do with him. I just keep ignoring his Mooch wishes. But I have resisted the temptation of using a cheat to alter his traits. I suppose I could look it up, but he's totally playable otherwise, since I've controlled his other traits as he's aged up.

@Jahnna, You're talking about in game gifting that arrives in your Sim's mailbox, right? Because I think @horseygirl24 is concerned about email in real life.

I know she is on about the ones in real life.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    Are worlds eligible for CYS?
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    @JoeJude16 you might want to try needle point you can use bigger stitches with needle point so it might be easier on your eyes! Of course the picture is usually already drawn onto your cloth so it is a bit like going from drawing your own pictures to coloring in a coloring book but it still it might give you a bit of the same satisfaction! There are also a bunch of fancy type of stitches that would probably be just as hard on your eyes as cross stitch but if you stick to a simple straight stitch I think it should be ok! I don't know exactly how they would compare because I could only get into needle point I didn't like making all those Xs that you have to do for cross stitch! Also something about the cross stitch charts always made my eyes go funky I think it had something to do with my dyslexia!
  • Options
    Are worlds eligible for CYS?

No they're not but you're off cheaper if you buy the content that's only available for the gold version and then the standard version.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Hello! Since I don't have enough points to be a full member yet, I won't be able to post any links or edit this post, sorry! My username on the Sims 3 Store is horseygirl66

My top five right now~
    1. The Dandy Lady
    2. Revel
    3. Sashay
    4. Alight
    5. Petals

Also, I wanted to ask, how do people generally thank those that gift them? Just send a message on here or...?

Hi! Please do not send me gifts... I did not realize it sends you emails when that happens! I do not want more emails

You can turn that off but you won't see the messages prople leave and also some peoples names on herr are different than they're on the sims 3 website. But yeah, on the sims 3 website in the notification settings you can turn the email alert off.

I can't seem to find a way to shut off email notifications that works.. I can't find a notifications settings. Went to My Page > My Account & Settings > Email Preferences and the page that the "here" button leads to does not work. You can still see the messages without recieving emails, since they appear in the "my messages" section.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Oh, also, I forgot to thank you for the gift, @Jahnna. I appreciate it. :smile:
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Hello! Since I don't have enough points to be a full member yet, I won't be able to post any links or edit this post, sorry! My username on the Sims 3 Store is horseygirl66

My top five right now~
    1. The Dandy Lady
    2. Revel
    3. Sashay
    4. Alight
    5. Petals

Also, I wanted to ask, how do people generally thank those that gift them? Just send a message on here or...?

Hi! Please do not send me gifts... I did not realize it sends you emails when that happens! I do not want more emails

You can turn that off but you won't see the messages prople leave and also some peoples names on herr are different than they're on the sims 3 website. But yeah, on the sims 3 website in the notification settings you can turn the email alert off.

I can't seem to find a way to shut off email notifications that works.. I can't find a notifications settings. Went to My Page > My Account & Settings > Email Preferences and the page that the "here" button leads to does not work. You can still see the messages without recieving emails, since they appear in the "my messages" section.

That's a shame. It doesn't work for me either. Seems like it cannot be disabled then. But what's the problem with receiving emails? You can just delete them afterwards, they're for notification purposes only.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    @Jahnna and @horseygirl24, the controls you are looking for aren't on your Sims My Page. At the top of this forum page there is a gear icon on the left of the Search field. Click on it and you'll get a drop down menu for Preferences and Sign Out. Click on Preferences and that is where you should find email and pop up notification options. I think this is what you are looking for.

Preferences_zpsceaffvok.gif

Edit: Hey! Look, I put a picture in my post!
    Post edited by Jude525 on
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    @Jahnna and @horseygirl24, the controls you are looking for aren't on your Sims My Page. At the top of this forum page there is a gear icon on the left of the Search field. Click on it and you'll get a drop down menu for Preferences and Sign Out. Click on Preferences and that is where you should find email and pop up notification options. I think this is what you are looking for.

She means the emails that tell you that you was given a gift by somebody. You can't turn that off on the forums.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Ok, I was clueless. I just figured it was in there, didn't actually look at each line, since I just have them all turned off. But, we get real emails from gifting? Like in our gmail or yahoo accounts? I haven't gotten any.

(And I got carried away being all excited about he picture thingy)

Anyway, I do get carried away sometimes when I'm trying to be helpful. If I was a bit of a sledgehammer I'm sorry. I meant well.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    Ok, I was clueless. I just figured it was in there, didn't actually look at each line, since I just have them all turned off. But, we get real emails from gifting? Like in our gmail or yahoo accounts? I haven't gotten any.

(And I got carried away being all excited about he picture thingy)

Anyway, I do get carried away sometimes when I'm trying to be helpful. If I was a bit of a sledgehammer I'm sorry. I meant well.

No need to be sorry but yeah you usually always get an email with what you was gifted and by who and the message if they left one. It goes to the account you registered with on the Sims 3 website. Only on 2 occasions did I not get the email but besides that every time.
  • Options
    Found 'em! Spam folder.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    So, having dissed Sims 4 earlier, I have now reconsidered because of the upcoming city/apartment expansion that may take away some of the cramped feeling I got playing those tiny neighborhoods. We'll see. But that's another forum.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options
    So, having dissed Sims 4 earlier, I have now reconsidered because of the upcoming city/apartment expansion that may take away some of the cramped feeling I got playing those tiny neighborhoods. We'll see. But that's another forum.

But that's also only gonna make a change for so long, probably not long at all, and then you're left with the same feeling of "emptiness" most players suffer with.
  • Options

But that's also only gonna make a change for so long, probably not long at all, and then you're left with the same feeling of "emptiness" most players suffer with.

The truth is we all know EA will NEVER come out with anything that will surpass Sims 3 in variety or playability.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• Options

The truth is we all know EA will NEVER come out with anything that will surpass Sims 3 in variety or playability.

Yeah, that's why I'll either never play the sims 4 or I will wait until I can get all eps and stuff packs extremely reduced once they're finished with it. Until then I will forever stick with Sims 3.
  • Options
    AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member

Yeah, that's why I'll either never play the sims 4 or I will wait until I can get all eps and stuff packs extremely reduced once they're finished with it. Until then I will forever stick with Sims 3.

That's my plan too.
  • Options
    picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    edited October 2016
    Thankyou ever so much @JoeJude16 I love the boyfriends blazer outfit you kindly gifted me! I will update my top five shortly :)
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Options
    A BIG thankyou to these people (Pm me if you would like a gift item back)

@Jahnna for the Draped blouse! :)
    @Tamaek for the long wavy hair! :)
    @Karnzter for the simply sophisticated collared dress! :)

Thankyou so much I will be using these in my game now :)
  • Options
    I updated my top 5! I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to link something within the word so I could link the items tidily.
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    It was a very busy weekend, so I haven't been able to update my wishlist much ;). But thanks for the gifts @simgeek79 I really like them! Top 5 updated :)

Sorry to hear to have problems with your eyes @JoeJude16 My mother has the same issues, she also sticks to aida now and can watch a computerscreen about two hours a day before they start tearing so she can't see much anymore. I must say I'm not really fond of linen and use aida myself. I have a new pattern of two peacocks with their beautiful, colourful tails, I will use aida too for that one. Have you tried a magnifying glass so you don't have to strain your eyes so much?
    Congrats on your first picture ;).
    I wasn't sure what needle point was @Teanias so I checked youtube. It reminds me a small bit of something my grandmother got me started with. I actually learned crosstitch from her after the needle point-kind of thing. And those patterns can be annoying with all those tiny symbols for every colour, you are absolutely right!

Hi @picklesthecat114 !
  • Options
    XanthinaXanthina Posts: 86 Member
    Woohoo! Full member. I'll be posting my top 5 in a just a moment. Thank you to @Karnzter , @Tamaek , and caleddon for the gifts over the weekend!

Trying to get the Boho women's set down in price before it's on the DD tonight
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I'll help you happily. Hope that helps :)5cda4edf1373a8788961b6463d7ffd15.png
  • Options
    XanthinaXanthina Posts: 86 Member
    edited October 2016
    Edit: Made a mistake, fixing it now ^_^