Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    @charlotteprice
    Oh that's so sad! Wow sorry about that. I really hope they can realize and ask forgiveness. And give you everything they took. And their souls. (That went far I guess. But they deserve it lol >_<)

Wait wait wait *Puts triple chocolate foam swirl and cinnamon* Okay.
    23rif7.gif
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    I do have good memories, just didn't get to go thru his closet, cabinets, drawers, etc. You know, find something that you or your kids gave him and it brings a smile to your face. I didn't get that closure.

Yes, I suspected that was the case. I'm so sorry. <3 And that does hurt so very much. It's especially hard to take when that is what really matters to you, and not any profit that there is to be gained. It seems like those people are usually the ones to get hurt in such situations--railroaded by the greed of others, when they just want those precious tokens of their loved one's memory.

I am grateful that my aunt is at least a sentimental person and empathizes with that notion. At the end, my grandmother was living with her. Despite that, she didn't keep me back from anything I'd given my grandma. I received the drawings she'd hung onto that I made when I was a kid; the cards I'd given her throughout the years; a pair of black hills gold earrings I'd given her as a gift a couple of years earlier. In addition to that, and maybe this is a bit morbid, she'd given me the only skeleton key to the chest her ashes are buried in.

Thank you again for the gifts, @charlotteprice! I appreciate your persistence. :D

*My Top Five has been updated.

My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    edited December 2016
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    @JovialJoy
    What was Diablo ll about? Hm..
    My PC classics are... Uh.. AOE lll, Zoo Tycoon 2 & TS2. Lots of fun. Now I want to play them...lol

From what I've heard, Diablo isn't totally unlike Age of Empires. However, this was a game I played 16 years ago, so the graphics might be simpler than the one you're talking about. It's kind of a dark, top down, hack and slash game. And I actually played the first game too, but I didn't really get excited about it until the second one.

But I just remembered that, prior to Diablo II, I really loved to play Warcraft II. This was way before World of Warcraft--which I've never played. And it was more of a strategy game back then.

Before that even, I guess I played The Oregon Trail in elementary school. I think every kid loved that game.

Currently, my boyfriend and I are playing FreeCol together. And it was initially released thirteen years ago!

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @charlotteprice
    Oh that's so sad! Wow sorry about that. I really hope they can realize and ask forgiveness. And give you everything they took. And their souls. (That went far I guess. But they deserve it lol >_<)

Wait wait wait *Puts triple chocolate foam swirl and cinnamon* Okay.

Wow, didn't take you long to learn about my chocolate addiction :D:D
    @JovialJoy
    Oh cool! I actually have some gameplay videos of them on right now.
    AOE and FreeCol look really similar.
    Do you usually go for older-ish games?

One that has me intrigued is Roller Coaster Tycoon. Possibly Planet Coaster. I'll think about getting them hehehe
    23rif7.gif
    @charlotteprice
    My glutton-dar was spinning wildly ;)
    23rif7.gif
    edited December 2016
    @JovialJoy
    Oh cool! I actually have some gameplay videos of them on right now.
    AOE and FreeCol look really similar.
    Do you usually go for older-ish games?

One that has me intrigued is Roller Coaster Tycoon. Possibly Planet Coaster. I'll think about getting them hehehe

Yes, I think I do prefer older games.

I never tried any of the Tycoons. But I did love all of the Tradewinds games by Sandlot. And I liked all of the Sim Cities. I was pretty hooked on Sim Safari. Though it's not quite as old, I loved the original Plants Vs. Zombies for PC. I got the Garden Warfare game for Xbox 360 quite a while ago, but I haven't played it yet. I have a hard time with the first person perspective because my eyes are slow to focus. But I do like F1 Race Stars.

Lately I've been longing to get a Super Nintendo and play Yoshi's Island and Super Mario Kart again.

I think I like strategy, time-management, and open-ended games the best.

Online, I played Second Life for a while. I was excited about the prospect of creating things on there. But the community is a little too X rated for my taste. And to that end, they eventually wanted you to enter your ID to be able to play without restrictions to certain areas--places that might have been PG-13 but were rated as adult just so that, perhaps, limitations weren't applied on language, etc. It was all just too much for me, and I gave up on it.

Did anyone play The Sims Online? Or There?

edited December 2016
    @JovialJoy
    Ooooh yep.. Speaking of I never played SimCity. I was really considering it during the sale. Though the latest one seems to not be very, uh, loved!

I'd rather 3rd person games too. Even on driving ones.

Oh you wouldn't believe how lucky we were to have recently gotten a Super Nintendo! Sadly I don't have those.. We just got Donkey Kong and the Mario Classics.

Haven't played that one but have you played Mario Kart Double Dash on GameCube? Love it hehehe
    23rif7.gif
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    Just quickly popping in to give my biggest thank yous to @charlotteprice, @Xanthina and @JovialJoy for my gifts!
    I have been very busy lately so had no time to farm any simpoints and still stuck at 18sp. :O And right now, there are no ads showing up, what a pity! I hope I'll get to farm some points soon again to help you guys get closer to your goals! Only 1 world and 75 items left to own the store! Wuhee!! :cookie:
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    I like the new SimCity, after they patched it and made it offline playable. It's not SimCity 4 but nothing is. My first PC game that I got really psyched about was the original Neverwinter Nights. My first Xbox game that I loved was Morrowind followed by Knights of the Old Republic. Tomb Raider, Parasite and Final Fantasy VIII were my first PSone games. I still love Parasite Eve, even have the movie. But the very first game I ever played on a system I owned was the original Super Mario Brothers for NES and my very favorite NES game was Monster in my Pocket which my sister and I kicked some very real butt at. :D I really got into the Sims first on playstation and my sister and I would play it together a lot. Then I got the Sims 2 on the PC, then I got the Sims 1 and loved it, too but I was already addicted to the Sims 2. Then the Sims 3 came out and here I am almost owning the store. What a walk down memory lane thinking about all the old games I loved way back when, and as such I have a strong account with GOG. lol But really my first PC love was Neverwinter Nights. And there is a terrible shortage of couch coop games these days. I miss playing games with my sister... :'(

And thank you so much for the gift @angeljess26 and for the sweet message and well-wishes. ^_^ I wish you the same serenity and joy!

Despite all the stress of the season Christmas really is my favorite time of year! <3
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited December 2016
    Thank you @charlotteprice for the Laganaphyllis Simnovorii (cowplant) Happy to have it in my game again :)
    Top five is updated
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @Tamaek you're welcome
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Ok, I'll try to keep this short. You've heard of Atari? Right. That Atari. Back in the Stone Age. Before PCs. THAT was my first gaming system. Pac-Man, BreakOut, Space Invaders. Yup. I'm that old. I actually got it new when I was in high school.

A few years later I worked for a company that actually let me run my own software after hours (viruses were either not invented or extremely rare.) At that time it was all about King's Quest. More specifically KQ V. Rendered at a whopping 320x200 pixels in a dazzling 256 colors! I know, right! And the whole game fit on only 14 floppy disks.

It was a long dark period. But I survived it.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    Breazona wrote: »
    Thank you @charlotteprice for the Laganaphyllis Simnovorii (cowplant) Happy to have it in my game again :)
    Top five is updated

You are very welcome! I played around with it a few times in the game, LOL
    JoeJude16 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll try to keep this short. You've heard of Atari? Right. That Atari. Back in the Stone Age. Before PCs. THAT was my first gaming system. Pac-Man, BreakOut, Space Invaders. Yup. I'm that old. I actually got it new when I was in high school.

A few years later I worked for a company that actually let me run my own software after hours (viruses were either not invented or extremely rare.) At that time it was all about King's Quest. More specifically KQ V. Rendered at a whopping 320x200 pixels in a dazzling 256 colors! I know, right! And the whole game fit on only 14 floppy disks.

It was a long dark period. But I survived it.

Was it Atari that had the game "Kaboom"? I played that game non-stop, loved it! Of course, that was many years ago :s
    Jahnna wrote: »
    Just quickly popping in to give my biggest thank yous to @charlotteprice, @Xanthina and @JovialJoy for my gifts!
    I have been very busy lately so had no time to farm any simpoints and still stuck at 18sp. :O And right now, there are no ads showing up, what a pity! I hope I'll get to farm some points soon again to help you guys get closer to your goals! Only 1 world and 75 items left to own the store! Wuhee!! :cookie:

You are welcome! You are on that long stretch now.....but you will get there :D

Ads are working good for me. I really hate saying that though, seems every time I say they are working.....then they stop :o
    Thank you, @Scotsim!

My Top Five has been updated.

@AuzzPanda, I was properly shocked that you've never played a SimCity game. :o And I'm totally envious of the "Super NES." I've looked at them on eBay, but I think they actually came out with a newer version of the same system not too long ago.

@Tamaek, what are the primary differences, if you recall, between SimCity 3 (that's probably the last version I played) and the newest rendition of the game? And what does the term "couch coop" mean? I've never heard it before.

Yes, I've heard of Atari, @JoeJude16. My cousin had one. And I remember playing Pong with him.

Prior to the games I loved, I did have some other experiences. I started playing Super Mario Brothers, Donkey Kong, Punch Out and Duck Hunt when I was about five years old.
    JoeJude16 wrote: »

Fourteen floppy disks! :# I can't even imagine. I'm not sure that I ever actually owned a game on one.

• TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    edited December 2016
    @JovialJoy, honestly I'm not one hundred percent sure what the differences between SimCity 3 and SimCity are because I never played SimCity 3, only 4 and 1. And Couch Coop is Couch Cooperative play, meaning a two player game that doesn't require an internet or LAN connection and multiple systems and versions of the game, like the old Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance or Obscure or even the Sims 1 for PlayStation 2. Sadly most games of today require you to play online together rather than sit right beside the person and just share or split screen. :disappointed: Did you know that even some of the old Final Fantasy titles were multiplayer? VI and IX were for sure. I hated Duck Hunt, I wanted to shoot the dog. >.< lol

@JoeJude16 my aunt still has her old Atari and a few games for it, her favorite was Q*bert. She and my mom used to play it as kids. They broke it out and showed it us a few years ago and we were amused by it. And my husband said that, while he played several games, his first really big PC game was Daggerfall and it was so massive that he had to have top graphics to run it and that he had to uninstall every other game he had to make room for it at its best. This might amuse you, System Requirements for it were (as best I can find since it was rereleased later):
    • 486DX2/50 MHz IBM PC or compatible running DOS 5.0+
    • 8MB RAM
    • 512-540kb Base Memory
    • 2x CD-ROM Drive
    • 30MB of Hard Drive Space (Minimum)
    • VLB of PCI VGA graphics card
    • Supports: Aria, Ensoniq, Roland, SoundBlaster, and UltraSound. Bethesda uses the HMI sounds drivers.
    • Joystick or Microsoft compatible mouse.
    People with slower machines (i.e., just above the minimum requirements) will be able to turn off some features to increase the speed. People with faster machines will be able to take advantage of extra features.
    Recommended requirements are:
    • Pentium IBM PC or compatible running DOS 5.0+
    • 16MB of Installed RAM
    • Quad speed CD-ROM drive
    • VLB or PCI graphics card with 4MB of VRAM
    • 4 Different Hard Drive Space Options: 30MB, 90MB, 300MB & 500MB. Larger installs will speed up the game.
    It was able to run on Win95 but was not native to the system and could us a PIF file for compatibility.

Today it requires DOS-box or other DOS emulator to run and is free on Bethesda's website. Amusingly enough it was rumoured that the next TES title III was going to be in the Summerset Isles and would be built using Daggerfall as its base. What we got was Morrowind, way better in my opinion. Funny how similar the rumours are about TES VI and using Skyrim as its base or, thinking back, how people speculated the same thing about TES IV: Oblivion... Hmmm... lol

@charlotteprice I know what you mean about the ads and I hate when that happens. Hopefully it won't, I mean, it's Christmas and Hanukkah and all those wonderful holidays, right? Maybe the cosmos will be forgiving and Murphy's Law will take a holiday. Death did. ^_^
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    Wow I have been away to long. Still working on "Luxe Loungewear". I know this might be silly but I would like to own the whole store by Christmas so I can down load it on my new computer. I can only long in on weekends because of work.
    Thanks <3
  • LoveandhateLoveandhate Posts: 553 Member
    Thank you @JovialJoy for my gift, and not forgetting about me!

School has been very hectic, but I will be done next week so yay!

I probably won't be back on the forums for a while, I've gotten into that funk where I have no desire to play Sims, and that usually lasts a couple of months. Hopefully everyone is doing well!
    Have a great, blessed day!
    Sims 3 store: ScarlettRing

Thank you @JovialJoy for my gift, and not forgetting about me!

That's exactly why I sent it to you! ;) And you're welcome.

Hope you pass your finals with flying colors. And look forward to seeing you back here in the calm.

edited December 2016
    Aw, @Tamaek, I just logged into the Store. Thank you!!! <3 And I love the little messages you send with them. They always make me smile or laugh. :)

When I was at the Store last night, I found this gem on @Hoplass's wishlist. It's an ugly Christmas sweater! I thought it was so funny.

I've updated my Top Five.

• mikawagmikawag Posts: 190 Member
    Hi everyone!
    I'm finally back as I finished my internship yesterday evening!

I was a little sad though, I really enjoyed some of the people I worked there :disappointed: