Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited November 2016
    So, I was able to pick up the Glitter and Glam Bedroom for just 5 SimPoints! Thank you so much for lowering my CYS and making it possible, @Teanias, @debbycanty, and @Me1620! I would've stalled on the purchase in favor of The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire that's coming up soon on the Daily Deal. But with my CYS, and a flood of ads that finally started coming through, I'll be able to pick up both of them--along with a couple of single items. B)

By the way, Jodi, my signature should reflect the change you suggested I make. Thank you for the message!

Now I'm trying to lower my CYS for the Everyday Teens Collection featured as the Daily Deal on Nov 14th. My Top Five and Wishlist have been updated to reflect this.
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • mikawagmikawag Posts: 190 Member
    edited November 2016
    Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great week! :smiley:

I finished my first week of internship and it went better than I expected. The people I work with are very nice and friendly! :smile:

@Tamaek I'm really sorry.. :(
    Post edited by mikawag on
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    Thank you @Teanias for the Fifth Avenue Fashions Outfit! :D
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @Tamaek, I'm so very sorry. I am a cancer survivor, but had an "easy" go of it. Surgery got all of it in one shot and I was spared radiation and chemo. Four years now and still clear.

I've also watched a loved one die gradually. My mom died of Alzheimer's five years ago. Besides the years that the Alzheimer's slowly stole her from us, in the end an infection is what took her, and that was several weeks of just waiting and praying. She too was home with her family. I believe it is a comfort for all when that option is available. The one blessing of that process is being able to say good-bye.

One piece of advice, be aware that you will get tired, sad and angry and try not to take that out on the loved ones around you who are experiencing the same. And if someone does that to you, try to be patient and forgiving. My dad and I had a huge blow out one day just because we didn't know what else to do with it all and something was mis-heard. It took a few days to settle down, but we pulled it together in time, and it left no distance between us. I don't know that actual apologies were said, but it was understood.

You, he and your family are in my prayers.Take this time together. But we are here if you need a break. :)
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    edited November 2016
    A huge thank you today to @rednenemon for Lunar Lakes! My final World! Completing my EP/SP/World collection!!
    And for a chunk of Collectionne Stäncké, which brought my CYS down to 225, so I finally bought it.

Now to go over the store and decide what to work on next for my wishlist B)

EDIT:
    Oh, and update my signature graphic!
    aka Jude

My Studio

• OpicanaOpicana Posts: 379 Member
    :'( So much for my weekend excuse to Sim (the stray kitty we adopted was getting neutered today, so I was going to chill with him in our guest room tonight). They can't do the surgery because his liver values are too high, and we need to do more tests, but he may have a chronic illness. He's less than a year old. :'(
    @Opicana, I'm so sorry. I hate when our furry friends get sick. They can't tell us what's wrong and we can't explain what is happening to them. My Finestra had tummy trouble a couple years ago and apirated(inhaled) some vomit. The stomach resolved itself, but she spent two days at the vet's in an oxygen tent. Besides the expense (four digits) I had limited contact with her. It was a couple weeks before she was herself. I had people question why I spent so much money on her, but she was only 3 years old and the prognosis was that she would fully recover. I couldn't see cutting her life short for a temporary illness.

It may be tougher with your little guy, but I hope not. Hopefully something is off temporarily and they can get it in line. Good luck.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@JoeJude16 Thank you. I've been down the chronic illness path before. I lost a kitty that I was very close to this past spring after a 10 year battle with kidney disease. In the last couple of months, we were giving him fluids twice a day and doing everything we could to get him to eat. We lost our elderly kitty (23 years old) a couple months later. I have 6 other kitties, and I imagine we'll have our share of health problems with them too. I'm just so emotional about this because I've just fallen in love with the boy, he is so young, and the pain of losing my Harree to a chronic condition is still very fresh. I really hope this is just a temporary condition. Of course, if he does have a chronic, I guess I can be glad he came to us because we'll take care of him and make sure he gets all the treatment and love he will need. I just wanted a couple years of all healthy cats!
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    I have updated my Top 5/10 list. :smile: I bought quite a few items myself so far, so I'm down to 1 world, 1 venue, 1 set and 97 individual items until owning the store! :+1: I hope Make Me An Offer will be fixed soon!
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited November 2016
    @Opicana
    Aw that's really awful to hear, sorry you had to go through that. It's really sad. Animals in pain is my weakness
    I had a kitten that we had to give away. It's funny because we named him Stevens, you know, as in ''Cat Stevens'' haha!

-Top 5 Updated.
    Post edited by AuzzPanda on
    23rif7.gif
  • XanthinaXanthina Posts: 86 Member
    @JoeJude16 and @Tamaek If you don't know it, a helpful tool is the circles of venting. Basically... the person that (event, cancer, illness) is happening to is in the center. Care goes in, venting goes out. The next circle is the closest friends and family. Care goes from them in to the Person, and venting goes out from them to the next areas of support. Only care goes in, venting is always away from center. Next level is friends, next after that is acquaintances, etc. La Times article that explains it better.
  • hannekemuffinhannekemuffin Posts: 192 Member
    Thank you @MvdP1989 (Sorry I don't know the simsforum username, for some odd reason I'm not receiving e-mails when I get a gift..) for the Gift Of Speech Baby Monitor! <3

Updated my top 5
  • Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    Thank you @MvdP1989 (Sorry I don't know the simsforum username, for some odd reason I'm not receiving e-mails when I get a gift..) for the Gift Of Speech Baby Monitor! <3

Updated my top 5

@hannekemuffin I think you've got me confused with somebody else who gifted you the baby monitor :smile: Unfortunately I hardly get ads, so I'm not able to gift at the moment... :frowning:
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Hi everyone! Sorry I have been gone for some time, life is very busy at the moment!

Last week I had a job interview and I did not get the job. That was fine by me, as I did not feel a 'click' with the company or the people interviewing me (even though on paper the job was brilliant).
    Also my mother finally had her surgery, it took the doctors over 6 hours but it went ok. She still needs to stay in hospital for some time to recover.

Thank you @Teanias for your gifts, I completed jet set elders for a low price thanks to the gifts you sent me. And thanks generous gifters earlier, I also managed to get mother Russia in DD for 70 sp :D .

I'm sorry to hear that @Tamaek ! Best wishes for you and your family in this difficult time! :'(
    Very interisting article @Xanthina thanks for sharing!
    Just picked up the Everyday Teens Collection! Now the sets I'm working on are getting further and further apart. Next up is Jet Set on Nov. 17th and Steampunk on Nov. 21st. And I updated my Wishlist to reflect this. I do still have a sprinkling of single items to pick up in between!

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    edited November 2016
    <3<3<3 All the love to @Scotsim who gifted me some serenity in the form of the Serenity Retreat! Oh my gosh! Too generous!
    Also, a big thank you to @rednenemon for the couple of items. You guys are wonderful.

Little kitty is still doing okay, we'll be getting the results of his bloodwork sometime today. Fingers crossed!

Update: Wishlist & Top 5 just edited.
    Post edited by Opicana on
    edited November 2016
    Opicana wrote: »
    <3<3<3 All the love to @Scotsim who gifted me some serenity in the form of the Serenity Retreat! Oh my gosh! Too generous!
    Also, a big thank you to @rednenemon for the couple of items. You guys are wonderful.

Little kitty is still doing okay, we'll be getting the results of his bloodwork sometime today. Fingers crossed!

Awesome! I love the generosity of this community. And thank you for the gift you sent me, @Opicana!

Keep us posted on kitty's results.

On a somewhat unrelated note, this dog was dumped outside of our house on Saturday night. And she keeps nosing her way through the gate of our 7' fence. I'm not really familiar with dogs, but it looks like she's maybe pregnant or recently had puppies; she's got a saggy tummy and tee ts. We really don't want the chore and expense of owning a dog, but we also have a heart for animals. So my household is divided on whether or not to take this dog in. She's incredibly sweet and well trained. Every time she gets in the yard, she usually just follows me as I lead her back out the gate. But I think maybe she's been abused, because when I have had to raise my hand and gesture for her to follow--she abruptly jumps back and seems scared.
    Post edited by JovialJoy on

• ScotsimScotsim Posts: 98 Member
    @Opicana you're welcome, I hope you enjoy using the bits and pieces in your builds even if you don't place the lot - I rarely do. I've got my fingers crossed that Sim's tests come back ok.
    Nothing to say for myself... as usual.
    Ohhhh, @JovialJoy I just want to come get her and take care of her!
    aka Jude

My Studio

JoeJude16 wrote: »
    Ohhhh, @JovialJoy I just want to come get her and take care of her!

I wish you could. <3 We're really upset that someone just ... dumped ... the dog off. Who does that? :/ She's really well disciplined and such a nice animal; she even behaves herself around the chickens and turkeys. And what we were really concerned about was the possibility that she might terrorize them. But our fears were somewhat assuaged when we saw her interacting with them today while they ate. Unfortunately, at the same time, we noticed something appears to be wrong with her. She's got a huge knot, about the size of a baseball, on her abdomen with an open sore on it. I'm wondering if this is a tumor and if this is why her owners dumped her out in the "country." :(

@JovialJoy, I'm assuming since you already have animals that you have a vet. Maybe give them a call, explain the situation and see if they could check her out for free. Especially if the next step would be you taking her in. Let them know that you want to give her a home, but can't afford the extra expense if she needs medical attention right at the start. It might be worth a call. Or they might be able to refer you to a vet that does pro bono work. Personally I believe that all vets should do a percentage of community work. Maybe they do and we just don't hear about it.

In the next town over from me they just opened a co-op clinic of several vets offering pay-what-you-can services for people with low/no income. I think that is a wonderful thing.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers and thoughts and advice. It was all very helpful and touching. I really appreciate it. And thank you for the article link @Xanthina.

@Opicana keep us posted on the kitty, I'm a sucker for kitties.

@JovialJoy I agree with @JoeJude16 that you should call a vet and see if they have any way of helping the poor dog out or maybe they can at least point you in the right direction.

And @JoeJude16 yeah I'm with you, free(ish) animal clinics should be a thing, too.

@Hoplass glad to hear your mom is doing okay.

I've missed you guys. My father-in-law has decided to move into a Nursing Home that is within five minutes of where we live because he felt like at home he wouldn't get the close attention that he would need and he was too far away from my husband for him to visit as often as he wanted to. My husband is going to go see him tomorrow with the kids and plans to visit him at least once a week, more if his schedule can swing it. They told us that he probably has about 2 months maybe, which made him happy because he just wants one more Christmas with his family. We're hoping that he gets it.
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    From my TOP 5!

@teanias thanks for the Syntax Sink !!! <3

@aricarai thanks for the Resonant Ice Receptacle !!! <3

Awesome!!! :)

I have updated my Top 5 list HERE :D
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    @Tamaek I'm so sorry to read about your father-in-law. I hope you and your family still have time together to create beautiful memories to cherish and keep with you the rest of your life! I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and hope with you he gets to celebrate one more christmas with you!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory