Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited March 2017
    S3 store site seems to be down for me. Anyone else?

NVM its working now :D
    Post edited by FairyGodMother on
  • Options
    taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    The site is working for me too, just grabbed Full Hewnsman Set for free.

Thank you @TrevorJ for your gifts <3
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    @LillaGrisen OMG someone actually made a mod! :joy:

That's plum for folks who bought the Collector's Edition probably for that car at release only to see the same "exclusive" car in the store for free lol. At least I got it discounted and will use the pumbob flashdrive to copy/paste my Sims saves/store CC as backup.

LOL very true about my theater. It's terrible. The standard seating is beautiful in that photo :) Guess that means my theater is below standard. Lol in another town over from mine, it costs around 30 bucks for deluxe seats.

And honestly, I have no idea about movie theaters in the US. I'll look into it :)
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Nomiko13 Well, at least you don't have to pay $13 for the ticket :wink:
    And yeah, while I understand the disappointment of not pre-ordering/buying CE/buying anything else that will give you access to exclusive content and as a result, not getting the exclusive content, I can also understand the frustration of buying something to get exclusive content only to see that everyone else can acquire it (legally) later anyways :confused: I at least think that plumbob flashdrive looks pretty nice, so I hope you'll enjoy that one instead as an owner of CE!

@taratownie Thank you for the gifts! I should now be getting Waning Moon for free on DD # 236 next rotation! :smiley: And gues what? I've updated my top 5!
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited March 2017
    Wow, ok, here in the northeast movie seating covers the full range of what you all are describing, with prices generally following suit. With the exception of reserved seat numbers. I'm not aware of any theaters within 100 miles of me that have that, but I may be mistaken. But most of our theaters have the quality in Lilla's photo; cushy, reclining, wide arm rests and cupholders. Most of the theaters around me are the same chain, National Cinemas/Showcase, but they don't have a monopoly and there are a few others sprinkled in. Most theaters offer the expected snacks, but also hot dogs, warm pretzels, nachos and pizza. Several offer full bar service where you can bring your drinks to your seats and a couple have full dinner service at special table seats. None of these theaters charge more for the movie ticket. You only pay more if you purchase the extra food or beverage.

Where they generally hit us is the usual overpriced snacks and the ridiculous $3 surcharge for lending us cheap 3D glasses. Back in the day of double film reel 3D projection a surcharge like that made sense, but with digital 3D I think it's too much. I still pay it, but I think it's too much. B) <<<<---- (me in 3D glasses)

Also, the ultra large format IMAX, which used to be as much as twice the price of regular movies, is now as little as a couple dollars more than the standard movie. So the whole thing is in flux.

Funny you should mention that you got bored with the LOTRs series and how they could have been shorter. I'm currently debating which version to buy. The cinema cut or the extended editions. The extended editions adds a total of almost two hours to the full series, but costs considerably more. I can get both the LOTR trilogy and The Hobbit trilogy cinema cuts in a boxed set for the same price as just the LOTR extended cut set. Personally, I enjoyed getting lost in the magnificent views and splendor, so still not sure which way I'll go. Though I think I'm leaning toward the frugal cinema cut option. Although that option also means no bonus features, and part of owning movies on BluRay is getting to see the behind the scenes stuff.

Oh, and that answers the question of what movies cost $20. Most of my BluRay/DVD/Digital combos run about $15, but it isn't uncommon for me to pay up to $20 for some multi-movie sets or if the combo includes 3D. I love movies and have a large collection. So much so that I have an app on my phone to track what I own, in which format, and to whom I've loaned copies. The primary purpose of the app is to prevent me buying the same movie twice. (again)

Finally, are you all talking about Spore, the evolution game? If so, I had such high hopes for that game and was so disappointed with it. I gave it to my nephew after about 3 weeks and never regretted it. I'm glad someone enjoyed it.

EDIT: Oh and thanks for the heads up on the Montalcino Fandango SE. Yet another free downloadable I didn't know about that I've discovered this week.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    @Jude525 Lol, personally I don't see why I would go to a movie to have a meal. I wouldn't exactly say that going to the theatres is cheap, so if I'm going to pay $13 for watching a movie, I'm going to give it my full, undivided attention. Also, the prices for snacks and such at the theatres are generally ludicrously high (I know that's a discussion I've participated in here on the Forums before).

I don't know if SF has monopoly, but I've never heard of a single non-SF theatre. Here the glasses cost about $1,50, but they used to be free. I save mine, so when I remember I usually just bring the ones I already own. And IMAX is basically double price here :cry: So sad...

Yes, that game. I read that a lot of people who were waiting for it were quite disappointed (am I wrong to assume you had a couple of expectations on it prior to purchase?). I think that might've played a role why I actually liked it - I was a kid who had no idea what games were coming out when (to be honest, I still rarely keep up with upcoming games :lol:). I'd love to see a revival of that game, with more features and greater ability to customise your species.
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @LillaGrisen in the beginning I used to "save money" by sneaking in my own glasses and paying for a different movie, then cutting into the 3D movie, But I just got uncomfortable with that as essentially a form of stealing. (I know this is different than what you are describing.) And I think the reason for the reduction in IMAX rates in my town is because it is built in the same complex as the rest of the theater and attendance dropped. They were faced with closing it down or making it more affordable. I'm not sure, but that is the rumor. I am sure that the long lines we used to see when it opened never occur anymore no matter what is showing, and I suspect that we don't always actually get true IMAX film projection, but that's just a suspicion.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    ZombieMewZombieMew Posts: 523 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Nomiko13
    What a bummer and waste of a one-time opportunity... XP

@LillaGrisen
    There is! However, I feel like it's because I have the City Living EP installed. It's still awesome and a great upgrade from Sims 3's Showtime EP.

@ All

Updated my top 5 finally and now I should be able to gift people again. Chrome is being goofy with flash player and Edge does not offer the ability to mute tabs... Microsoft plz... It would be nice to earn Simpoints and Bing points at the same time.
    Post edited by ZombieMew on
    Me-AaAaAa!

Wishlist and Top 5 list

Steam: MathewMii
    dA and Youtube: SillyEwe
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    You're welcome @LillaGrisen :)

Ooh thank you @Nomiko13 for gifting me my top 5! :o<3 I finally completed 5th Avenue Fashions, yay! One set down, 18 left.

Edit: Thank you @ZombieMew for your gifts, too!

Top 5 updated
    Post edited by taratownie on
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • Options
    OMG Y'ALL I ACTUALLY WON A SIMS 4 COPY OF CITY LIVING ON SIMSVIP :sob:

I'm oddballkay <3

I'm crying literally! Even though I already own the pack, it's the fact I won it lol. Guess my momma can get the code for free and I don't gotta come out of pocket for it! <3
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    @Nomiko13 :open_mouth: Congratulations! \^_^/ That's awesome!
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »

I'm oddballkay <3

I'm crying literally! Even though I already own the pack, it's the fact I won it lol. Guess my momma can get the code for free and I don't gotta come out of pocket for it! <3

Congratulations!!!
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    @LillaGrisen Thank you! <3
    Also,
    Well, at least you don't have to pay $13 for the ticket :wink:
    You got that right!
    And yeah, while I understand the disappointment of not pre-ordering/buying CE/buying anything else that will give you access to exclusive content and as a result, not getting the exclusive content, I can also understand the frustration of buying something to get exclusive content only to see that everyone else can acquire it (legally) later anyways :confused: I at least think that plumbob flashdrive looks pretty nice, so I hope you'll enjoy that one instead as an owner of CE!

And the plumbob drive is pretty neat :blush: The only downside is it only holds 2 GB (just found out) :joy: 2GB isn't enough to back up the store! LOL

@ZombieMew Such a huge waste! lol
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    Jahnna wrote: »

I'm oddballkay <3

Congratulations!!!

Thank you! :D
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    And the plumbob drive is pretty neat :blush: The only downside is it only holds 2 GB (just found out) :joy: 2GB isn't enough to back up the store! LOL
    Aw... :cry: Well, I suppose you can at least put it on a shelf for all to see and say "I have this collector's edition plumbob flashdrive!" :wink:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    @LillaGrisen True LOL

@taratownie It's no problem! You're the reason I'm able to get more ads again! <3 Glad I helped with lowering your cys!
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited March 2017

LOl yeah. I have every piece of store content installed, every store world + Monte Vista + all the free stuff and only like 5-6 custom lots from the exchange and my downloads folder is just over 9GB big. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    edited March 2017
    @LillaGrisen True LOL

@taratownie It's no problem! You're the reason I'm able to get more ads again! <3 Glad I helped with lowering your cys!

What did you do? I don't get ads for a long time... I don't even use ads block. :'(
  • Options
  • Options
    Thank you @charlotteprice for the gifts! :D
    Me-AaAaAa!

Wishlist and Top 5 list

• Options
    Thank you @Nomiko13 for the gift. :D
    Me-AaAaAa!

Wishlist and Top 5 list

• Options
    jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    @taratownie thank you! :)
  • Options
    ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    edited March 2017
    Top 5 updated! here :smiley:

ETA:
    I missed reading three pages. :persevere: I was away for some time, not even playing the game, because I was so hyped about my upcoming trip. Now, I'm here again. :)
  • Options
    ninaumi wrote: »
    I missed reading three pages. :persevere: I was away for some time, not even playing the game, because I was so hyped about my upcoming trip. Now, I'm here again. :)
    ... ...
    I totally didn't have anything to do with those pages filled with text. Nope. :sweat_smile:

And welcome back! :blush:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    KitiaraKitiara Posts: 128 Member
    @Nomiko13 Thank you SOOO much for so many off my list! I got more gifts in the past 24 hours than I have my entire life playing sims 3 online lol. Also sending you a message regarding the "milking it dairy corral". I also want to thank @Misspegasus06 for my gifts. You guys are the BEST!!! <3
    [img][/img]11053551_823395344363837_79524211670094589_n_zpsprazhny5.jpg

TOP 5

WISHLIST