Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    @LissieBess I hope I don't come off as complaining a lot, but I just looked through your wishlist again and saw that you have the "It's Business Time Industrial Oven" on your wishlist. This is fine if you just want that item, but I just thought I'd point out that it's part of the venue "Business as Usual Bistro", which is not available for CYS. So if you're planning to get that venue at some point I recommend adding the venue rather than that oven to your WL, as buying the oven and the venue will cost 879 sp more than just buying the venue and get the oven with it. :smile:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    @LillaGrisen Oh, thanks for that tip. I hadn't realized that set wasn't completable.
  • Options
    jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    edited March 2017
    Jahnna wrote: »
    You are also welcome but when I gifted you I only had 50 simpoints left or so, so once I farmed a bit more you will have more coming! :)

Don't worry @Jahnna, the price doesn't matter. The most important is the intention! Thank you! :)

I hope to be able to gift soon as there is a long time I have no ads! :(
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member

I like to keep my WL quite short; I don't know why, but I kind of just feel like it's clean when it's shorter. Of course, this is a problem when people keep gifting me all the time and I say to myself "I'll have to restock my WL. But not now. I'll do that later when I can figure out which sets I'm going for...", 'later' obviously referring to the moment when I eventually panic because I realise my WL is down to six items and four sets/worlds/venues :sweat_smile:

But seriously, the gifters around on these forums are like the Spanish inquisition - their chief weapons being surprise and ruthless efficiency :kissing_smiling_eyes: I think I had about fifty items the other day on my WL. I'm now down to 37! :flushed:

I'm glad to hear the refresh-trick worked! :blush:

Mine used to be all over the place, having individual items on there along with the larger sets they came with. I also had super expensive venues/worlds/compilations that were in random order. It drove me up a wall trying to organize my list. It was just a mess... So, I just added more individual items (especially CAS items) I wanted very badly and if there are build/buy items (such as the Brunch at the Old Mill and Bayside kitchen set), that means that I've had my eyes on those sets for a long time :lol: I was contemplating on shortening my list because it's too long, but then I thought about the hours I spent deleting those larger sets and adding all the individual items instead. But when my wishlist gets down to like, 50, I'll keep it at that. Then when it lowers to around 30-40, I'll try to keep it steadily around that number of items in the list. So on so forth.

I understand that feeling of wanting to keep track of sets you're working towards. The compilations are hard to keep up with especially. I'm aiming to complete Brunch at the Old Mill and Bayside sets.

Thanks! :)

▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    @Jahnna Thank you! This is so sweet of you! *hugs*
  • Options
    Nomiko13 wrote: »

I like to keep my WL quite short; I don't know why, but I kind of just feel like it's clean when it's shorter. Of course, this is a problem when people keep gifting me all the time and I say to myself "I'll have to restock my WL. But not now. I'll do that later when I can figure out which sets I'm going for...", 'later' obviously referring to the moment when I eventually panic because I realise my WL is down to six items and four sets/worlds/venues :sweat_smile:

But seriously, the gifters around on these forums are like the Spanish inquisition - their chief weapons being surprise and ruthless efficiency :kissing_smiling_eyes: I think I had about fifty items the other day on my WL. I'm now down to 37! :flushed:

I'm glad to hear the refresh-trick worked! :blush:
    Mine used to be all over the place, having individual items on there along with the larger sets they came with. I also had super expensive venues/worlds/compilations that were in random order. It drove me up a wall trying to organize my list. It was just a mess... So, I just added more individual items (especially CAS items) I wanted very badly and if there are build/buy items (such as the Brunch at the Old Mill and Bayside kitchen set), that means that I've had my eyes on those sets for a long time :lol: I was contemplating on shortening my list because it's too long, but then I thought about the hours I spent deleting those larger sets and adding all the individual items instead. But when my wishlist gets down to like, 50, I'll keep it at that. Then when it lowers to around 30-40, I'll try to keep it steadily around that number of items in the list. So on so forth.

I understand that feeling of wanting to keep track of sets you're working towards. The compilations are hard to keep up with especially. I'm aiming to complete Brunch at the Old Mill and Bayside sets.

Thanks! :)
    Yeah, it's probably better to wait until you get gifted a couple of times. I can imagine that if you start clearing out your WL it will not only take time to get rid of the stuff (since at least for me every time I remove something I'm sent strait to the top of the page) but also time to choose which you should get rid of. I wouldn't worry too much about it, though; with the ruthless efficiency of the Spanish inquistion gifters around here, you'll be down to 50 items in no time! :mrgreen:

I feel like I keep pretty good track of which items in my WL are part of which sets and compilations (though I honestly don't think I have that many left until I own the store). I keep my WL organised according to the DD rotation and take notes in this document I made in Notepad++ (yes, I know, not the most efficient) on how much each set will cost next time it's on the DD. Lol, I feel like such an organised freak :lol:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Updated my top 5 here!

Thank you, @Jahnna !

And thank you, @LillaGrisen for helping me towards my cys for Brunch at the Old Mill! :love:<3
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    @Nomiko13 It's a set I'm very excited to get myself, so I'm glad I could help! :smiley:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    @LillaGrisen :) I appreciate it significantly. Lol I realized I didn't add the link to my top 5 in the update XD *edits real fast*
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Top 5 updated! here
  • Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Sorry to ask but if I gift item to my niece from purchase history will I still have the item in my download launcher?
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Options
    Sorry to ask but if I gift item to my niece from purchase history will I still have the item in my download launcher?

@LaracroftEyes1 You mean if you gift an already owned item by you to your niece? If so, then yes, the item will still be in your purchase history and you will still be able to download it.

But be aware that you will be charged the full sp that item costs and your gift will show up in your purchase history as well.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member

@LaracroftEyes1 You mean if you gift an already owned item by you to your niece? If so, then yes, the item will still be in your purchase history and you will still be able to download it.

But be aware that you will be charged the full sp that item costs and your gift will show up in your purchase history as well.
    Yes that what I mean and thanks. I'm and my nieces we're new to Sims 3 games

d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @LaracroftEyes1 First of all, welcome here to the forums and welcome to the Sims 3 community! Also, no problem! Since you're new to Sims 3, I'd love to help you get the codes for cheap! eBay is great for this! Top sellers I recommend would be radnavsky and plumboby. They're for the same company and if you buy an expansion pack from them, you're eligible to receive promo codes for either Fast Lane Stuff, Movie Stuff, or Diesel Stuff for free per purchase of an expansion pack! Other great sellers who sells the titles for cheap are cheapgamestore and crispnatha. However, I highly recommend the first two sellers who offer free Stuff Pack codes for a purchase of an expansion, first and foremost, since you're getting more out of your bucks (radnavsky and plumboby) and because their prices are the lowest.

Additionally, if you're interested in Barnacle Bay, a pirate-themed Sims 3 World, you can get it here for DIRT cheap. It's on a dollar with a 3 dollar shipping cost. They ship it to your home and it comes with a code you register on your Sims 3 account :)

Lastly, I recommend you introducing yourself here to learn how to gain member status, and if you wanna know how to save your simpoints try checking out the Daily Deal thread and Cascade thread. There even is a thread about FREE store items here. Also, there's a HUGE cascade on Kids/toddler Items here I recommend you check out.

PS: if you want to add me on Sims 3 site, you can friend me here ;)
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    Thank you for the gifts, @Jahnna! :)

I've updated my top 5.
  • Options
    @Nomiko13 - helpful as always! I read "Barnacle Bay for 4 dollars including shipping" and of course I had to go look. This was what I found:
    KFBWrYF.png
    "Ooh! Barnacle Bay for just a doll-- Oh plum!"

Shipping seems to be a bit more for me than for you :lol:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @LillaGrisen HOLY GOD :flushed: You better off getting off of Origin with it costing THAT much for shipping! :fearful: Heck to the NAH on that.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    @LillaGrisen HOLY GOD :flushed: You better off getting off of Origin with it costing THAT much for shipping! :fearful: Heck to the NAH on that.
    Pfft! I have no idea what you're talking about. It's only $23. :lol:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    Pfft! I have no idea what you're talking about. It's only $23. :lol:

:lol: I know right? 23 bucks? That's nothing. :sob:

(Seriously, seeing that price for you hurt my soul and drained my wallets just looking at it... mah gawd... :cold_sweat: )
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Nomiko13 - helpful as always! I read "Barnacle Bay for 4 dollars including shipping" and of course I had to go look. This was what I found:
    KFBWrYF.png
    "Ooh! Barnacle Bay for just a doll-- Oh plum!"

Shipping seems to be a bit more for me than for you :lol:

Ahahah, yeeah I found similar! However, for a while Ive been trying to find a cheap copy for Dragon Valley but I can't find it anywhere :'(
    Here is a cheap barnacle bay copy from ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Sims-3-Barnacle-Bay-Expansion-EA-CD-Key-Code-ORIGIN-Digital-DOWNLOAD-PC-NEW-/121622830403?hash=item1c51491d43:g:D0MAAOSwNSxVLU5Z

Everybody I gifted, you are most welcome. :)
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options

I found a cheap copy on eBay once... it was 16 bucks with free shipping and it was brand new, however, it was only the standard version and I wanted those Celtic Lands <.<... I just ended up buying it off Origin using a 15% discount promo code as I did for Roaring Heights right afterward (since I was also unlucky finding a gold version ANYWHERE)..

▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member

I found a cheap copy on eBay once... it was 16 bucks with free shipping and it was brand new, however, it was only the standard version and I wanted those Celtic Lands <.<... I just ended up buying it off Origin using a 15% discount promo code as I did for Roaring Heights right afterward (since I was also unlucky finding a gold version ANYWHERE)..

Well the Celtic Lands is basically just a lot built with the items you already get in the standard version. I've just been looking for an origin code as I'm not bothered about getting the box. The only thing I found cheap once was Monte vista for like £3 or so.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thank you @TrevorJ for your gift! <3
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @LissieBess and @jotajeje You are both welcome! Glad I could help!