Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited March 2017
    Okay, y'all are some gifting ninjas. :D

Thank you, @Kitiara for one of my top 5's (Flat Cap with Medium Length Hair) and the chest, @charlotteprice (for Zoe's Do), @gr1zzly for helping me lower my CYS for the Bayside set (however, sorry some items didn't go through on my end :( ), @gnlovew for helping me lower my CYS for the Brunch at the Old Mill set (despite 2/3 gifts not going through on my end - I'm sorry :( ).

I just appreciate the generosity of this community so much. I literally became active in December and y'all have helped tremendously with lowering my CYS items to the point where I'm seeing the green download buttons to sets I didn't think I'd be able to own for several months. I own a huge portion of the store, thanks to y'all and to the maker(s) of the DD thread, this thread, the cascades, the thread about free store items, and so on so forth. Y'all have my deepest gratitude and friendship (something I didn't think I'd develop over such a short period of time here - you're just that lovable). My appreciation and love goes beyond the gifting - y'all provide me and others support above and beyond discussions of the store. Y'all truly demonstrate how a community should function and are very fast to lend a hand to those who need help. Y'all truly care and are the best community I've ever come across and wish I'd have gotten involved sooner. Y'all provide me more support than you may think. I love being a simmer. (Sorry for the extensive post, I just really wanted to extend my appreciation to you all, who are welcoming, helpful, friendly, and all around thoughtful folks). I love you people and will start gifting way more often when I get the funds to get simpoints (since no ads have been showing for me lately).

:)<3

Lastly, my top five is updated here!
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    Y'all truly care and are the best community I've ever come across and wish I'd have gotten involved sooner.

I can relate so much with this wonderful post you wrote, @Nomiko13 ! Especially with what I quoted. Though I became active just recently...

:heart: to all!

My Top 5 is updated!

• Options
    AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Thank you @minimonXI for the gift!

Thank you @charlotteprice for the 2 gifts! You truly are a busy woman! :)

I've updated my top5.
  • Options
    LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    edited March 2017
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    I just appreciate the generosity of this community so much. I literally became active in December and y'all have helped tremendously with lowering my CYS items to the point where I'm seeing the green download buttons to sets I didn't think I'd be able to own for several months. I own a huge portion of the store, thanks to y'all and to the maker(s) of the DD thread, this thread, the cascades, the thread about free store items, and so on so forth. Y'all have my deepest gratitude and friendship (something I didn't think I'd develop over such a short period of time here - you're just that lovable). My appreciation and love goes beyond the gifting - y'all provide me and others support above and beyond discussions of the store. Y'all truly demonstrate how a community should function and are very fast to lend a hand to those who need help. Y'all truly care and are the best community I've ever come across and wish I'd have gotten involved sooner. Y'all provide me more support than you may think. I love being a simmer. (Sorry for the extensive post, I just really wanted to extend my appreciation to you all, who are welcoming, helpful, friendly, and all around thoughtful folks). I love you people and will start gifting way more often when I get the funds to get simpoints (since no ads have been showing for me lately).

:)<3
    ^^^This. I couldn't find the agree button so I gave you an awesome instead :blush:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    @TrevorJ the ninja is on the run! Thanks so much for gifting me 4 items of my wishlist! Also many thanks to you @LillaGrisen for your gift!

2 left! ♥__♥
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    It's March 4th, 2017 and I now officially own the store. @Reachsims I can now 'retire' and be taken out of the register. :) But of course I will stay here to continue chatting to this awesome community and help others achieve this dream. (This is even my 300th post, haha).

Thanks to everybody who has supported me for so many months and helped me achieve this goal. This is a very special community. A thousand thanks go to you all:

@HSmith2016 <3, @Teanias <3, @Schweighsr <3<3 (for Midnight Hollow Gold!), @dothesmustle <3, @Scotsim <3<3<3 (for Lucky Palms!), @debbycanty <3, @XxHannelorexX (for Hidden Springs!) <3<3, @BenjaminBankss <3, @skm36 <3 (for Business As Usual Bistro!), @Kylieb191 <3 , @Tamaek <3, @scillakees (for Aurora Skies!) <3<3, @Hoplass <3, @charlotteprice <3<3<3<3, @adamzaid <3, @bcsmas <3<3, @MariTomKaulitZ <3, @Astreia <3, @ApparentlyAwesome (for Steampunk & The Return!) <3<3, @Karnzter <3, @Loveandhate <3, @Asfastr <3, @TnT_Terry <3, @belakisses <3, @HBSIMSTER <3, @Opicana <3, @Martje89 <3, @JovialJoy <3. @Jamshid666 <3, Mobetta4you <3, @Ktarian <3, anmirla <3, @LillaGrisen <3, @TrevorJ <3<3, @gnlovew <3
    Post edited by Jahnna on
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
  • Options
    Jahnna wrote: »
    It's March 4th, 2017 and I now officially own the store. @Reachsims I can now 'retire' and be taken out of the register. :) But of course I will stay here to continue chatting to this awesome community and help others achieve this dream.
    Yay!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!! :mrgreen:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    ninaumininaumi Posts: 363 Member
    Congrats, @Jahnna ! :)
  • Options
    Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Wow, @Jahnna, congrats! Woulda thunk it back when the store "broke" in October and we were all so worried, right?
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Options
    HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    Yay! Congratulations, @Jahnna!
  • Options
    jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    Congratulations, @Jahnna! I'm happy for you! :)
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Jahnna wrote: »
    It's March 4th, 2017 and I now officially own the store. @Reachsims I can now 'retire' and be taken out of the register. :) But of course I will stay here to continue chatting to this awesome community and help others achieve this dream. (This is even my 300th post, haha).

Congrats! :open_mouth:

▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Oooh! Thank you so much, @Jahnna, for the gifts! :smiley:

Updated my top 5!
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • Options
    Thank you all for your congratulations. :) I will be sure to get some farming done later!
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @Jahnna WOOT! Congrats on OTS ;) Seems like it didn't take you long once you started. Those last individual items seemed like it took forever though!
  • Options
    @jotajeje I noticed your WL has (at the bottom) the Animals abound sets and I was wondering if you knew about the cascades (the wonderful glitch) that comes with those sets? It is in the "General" section.

You also have a lot of stuff (chicken coop, soothsayers ball, etc. ) that is all good stuff to have. You do have those listed individually which is a good thing. When you are gifted those individual items, do you check to see if you have the green dl button on those items that the sets come with?

Are you able to get points from the ads?

I am not good at explaining things, so I am sure someone will come along and explain them to you to get the best deals from your WL. It also helps the gifter's too, They can save a lot of points!

• Options
    @LillaGrisen @Jahnna @jotajeje @taratownie @Nomiko13 @Astreia You are all very welcome for the gifts I sent you yesterday!
  • Options
    @Jahnna WOOT! Congrats on OTS ;) Seems like it didn't take you long once you started. Those last individual items seemed like it took forever though!

True, I joined the forum in August last year, so it took about 6-7 months to get here but I was inactive for 4 of those months, so I probably would have had it all after 2-3 months :-) The last few items indeed took long after I came out of my hibernation haha
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Hi @charlotteprice, I'm new in the gift section of the store. I really appreciate your initiative to help me, thank you! :)

I heard a little about this glitch but didn't understand a lot so I put this set at the bottom of my WL to remember me to check it deeply later, I will read more about it! (I spend a little more time to read and understand clearly in english)

I didn't quite understand about this dl button, you mean if I have available "Your Price" option on these sets which those itens are Included?

I was able just two times in the last 10 days, and I only got 30 simpoints each. :'(
  • Options
    @jotajeje I really try to help others, really I do, I just never took the time to figure things out. I had owned about everything when I came here to the forums, so I never had to really research the best ways. I can't concentrate on anything for too long and my mind strays quite often :D

I know someone here will help explain it though. Very helpful people here, I am just not one of them :s

I know you need 25 sp's to start with on the Animal Abounds glitch :p

*wonders why I start something I can't finish* :Do:)

So Sorry! I just want you to get the best deals and downloads, while helping the gifters save points too!
  • Options
    @charlotteprice Don't worry, surely you are helpful too. I have seen you helping us a lot! ;)
  • Options
    jotajeje wrote: »
    Hi @charlotteprice, I'm new in the gift section of the store. I really appreciate your initiative to help me, thank you! :)

I heard a little about this glitch but didn't understand a lot so I put this set at the bottom of my WL to remember me to check it deeply later, I will read more about it! (I spend a little more time to read and understand clearly in english)

I didn't quite understand about this dl button, you mean if I have available "Your Price" option on these sets which those itens are Included?

I was able just two times in the last 10 days, and I only got 30 simpoints each. :'(
    @jotajeje I really try to help others, really I do, I just never took the time to figure things out. I had owned about everything when I came here to the forums, so I never had to really research the best ways. I can't concentrate on anything for too long and my mind strays quite often :D

I know someone here will help explain it though. Very helpful people here, I am just not one of them :s

I know you need 25 sp's to start with on the Animal Abounds glitch :p

*wonders why I start something I can't finish* :Do:)

So Sorry! I just want you to get the best deals and downloads, while helping the gifters save points too!

I will try to explain this very simple, as I completed the cascade successfully. Link to the cascade thread

Step 1: You need to buy at least 1 item from the "Animals Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun". DON'T buy the whole set as it is! Otherwise the cascade won't work. You also can't be gifted the whole set!
    Step 2: Now that you have purchased 1 item the set price will be reduced and you are eligible for the "Complete your set"-discount. Now you need to buy the set. However, if you don't have enough simpoints to buy the whole set then you can put individual items of the set on your wishlist. With every gift the price for the set will reduce. You have to do that until you can either afford to buy the set or until the free download button appears.
    Step 3: Once you own the set you can go to the "Tip Top Toddler Collection" and the "Kids 2010" sets and you should see the free green download button!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Thank you @Jhanna! You couldn't be more clear!
    Post edited by jotajeje on
  • Options
    @jotajeje No problem. Since you don't get many simpoints I suggest you put 6 or 7 items from the "Animals Abound" Set (it has 8 total) on your wishlist so people can gift you those items. Once you got enough of the set you should be able to afford the rest or get the free download button and from there the other two.
    It's not easy to gift items if they are not on the wishlist. ;-)