Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    Thank @MariTomKaulitZ for the gift and the cute message. I too love bows! <3
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @JovialJoy you're welcome for the gift
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    Thank you, @rednenemon, for trying to send me the gift. Unfortunately it didn't go through. @Tamaek ended up sending me the same thing! Thank you, ma'am! (I really like the old-timey stuff too.) And a final thank you to my "fairy godfather," @JoeJude16! That was really thoughtful. <3

I've updated my Top Five with great difficulty; the site has been misbehaving!
    Post edited by JovialJoy on
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited December 2016
    Oh good flying baboons of the universe @Tamaek , thank you so much. Major wishlist/top 5 reorganization haha

@JovialJoy
    Yeah wow, it's going absolutely erratic , every page had to be refreshed about 7 times and it's charging me for things I already own xD
    23rif7.gif
  • JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    edited December 2016
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    @JovialJoy
    Yeah wow, it's going absolutely erratic , every page had to be refreshed about 7 times and it's charging me for things I already own xD

Oh no! Contact them?

Now that makes me wonder if I've also been double charged. Going to check! ...And, I thankfully have not been double-charged. :sweat:

My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Welcome back @HSmith2016 and thank you for the gift! Also big thanks to @JoeJude16 and @MariTomKaulitZ <3

I thought of checking in and do a little gifting today but after checking my messages I get Liam and maintenance pages everywhere I click :'(
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    You're welcome @Hoplass and @Tamaek! :)

I'm having troubles with the Store as well. Managed to send a gift earlier, but it takes ages to load a new page and sometime I get the 'maintenance' page :/
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Hopefuly they'll fix the problem soon. Now I can't even enter the Store, it's just a blank page!
  • HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    I've been having problems getting into the store today, too. No farming ads today. :disappointed: Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

You're welcome, @Hoplass! :smile:
    edited December 2016
    It makes me really glad I went on my gifting spree when I did, with the store acting all crazy and all. Wouldn't it be a nice Christmas Present (or Hanukkah or whatever holiday you celebrate) if the store would just start working right and stop misbehaving. It was nice to see Liam again (not really) but I think he's overstayed his welcome.

Thank you for the lovely dress @bluegayle_! Happy Holidays to you as well! o:)
    Oh good flying baboons of the universe @Tamaek , thank you so much. Major wishlist/top 5 reorganization haha

Thank you. I nearly spit my salad all over my keyboard and then almost choked trying not to while laughing at that. lol And you are most welcome. :D
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    Ok, my gifting and shopping spree has to go on a short hiatus while I get my SP balance back up. I'm still covered through the end of January, but Heaven knows what is going to happen the way the site is behaving. Which is part of why I've been picking up sets that I was already close to owning and couldn't get any closer with the help of the DD. But it was a fun week!

Sadly, I think I've binged spending almost as much in real life at the same time. Need to collect on some group gift purchases and balance the bank accounts to find out how badly I've behaved there. At least here it was only virtual money.

Oh well, it's Christmas, right?
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    edited December 2016
    You are very welcome Tamaek
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    edited December 2016
    @taratownie
    Ah thank the lord for weekends off. Hah but I do secretly wish I could trade the weather you're having. It never snows here and it's always hot. And sunny. GARH. I want a snowy American Christmas haha.
    Does your weekend expand past Sunday? Hopefully

Indeed, I love weekends off. Unfortunately I usually work on weekends. I sometimes get three days off in row but not this time. Hey, I'm all for trading weather, wish we could do it for real lol. Can't give you American Christmas tho because I'm in Finland. Anyways, I absolutely love sunshine and I don't mind if it's hot. I tend to turn off winter in my game, too.

Top 5 updated :)

Edit: Yeah, I finally realized Seeing Stars I was asking earlier is not in CYS. I've been dumb. :(
    Post edited by taratownie on
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
    edited December 2016
    @taratownie
    Oh that stinks. You'd be out of sync with everyone by working on weekends I imagine? Sorry about that. Hope Christmas goes easy on you
    Yeah haha >_< Mabye I have hidden nostalgia for the cold since I was born in Holland lol, I'm tired of this sun though. It makes me so drowsy!

I turn of rain and snow in the game just because it's way too much. And seeing as it doesn't cause any natural disasters... Lol
    What town do you mostly play in?

Thank you @MariTomKaulitZ ! It's absolutely gorgeous I'm really excited hehehee! Ah so Spaniard. Love it so much. Makes me wish there was some sort of Flamenco dancing in the game. I still don't get bored watching the Club Dance though. :)

(To'of'the'5'o'clock' wha? aka Top 5 updated)
    23rif7.gif
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the gifts @Tamaek !

I had hope they would fix the whole store... I was wrong.

I've updated my Top5.
    @AuzzPanda I agree, it rains WAY too much with seasons. In fact the one mod I play with is a Time Weather Stone which can adjust the time of day and/or weather. It was designed for story telling, but I use it almost exclusively for turning off rain when I get sick of it. Because I do like having it sometimes. Playing in puddles and using umbrellas and stuff can be fun, but it seemed that I could never get a nice day to go to the Summer Festival.

The other thing I would like to find a mod for is to stop the autonomous raking of leaves. It gets out of control as well.

Since you asked @taratownie I'll chime in and admit with all that being said I'd found myself playing Sunlit Tides almost exclusively for the months after I bought it. The lighting is just so beautiful. Which of course meant no seasons at all. But I started playing Showtime recently, which put me in Starlight Shores for the performance venues. I find that I play whatever town is designed for the expansion I'm focusing on for that reason, it has everything designed around the key features of that expansion.

You asked the question, but didn't answer it. Where do you play?
    aka Jude

My Studio

• pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    You're welcome @AuzzPanda! I'm glad you like it :smiley: And I agree - some more dance moves would have been great.
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Ths store is really acting weird.. I just got a few Norwegian ads, while living in the Netherlands. One thing for sure: I won't be able to buy that coffee here :D:D

Thank you @charlotteprice for the gifts! Really fun hairstyles and I think the flute forward dress is pretty B)
    edited December 2016
    @JoeJude16
    Ah yeah. Oh you could always shift click on the ground with testingcheatsenabled, but I'm guessing the mod does it diifferently?
    Exactly. The summer festival is fun. Which one of them is your favorite though? I just think they did a great job at making them all unique. The haunted house could've been... More involved perhaps..hehe
    And would you have liked it if there were natural disasters with seasons?

And about that, I really wonder which towns are peoples favorites. Yours is Sunlit Tides?

@MariTomKaulitZ
    AH YES. Can't get enough of it! Went straight to my sims formal wear. With the right patterns and stuff it's stunning for everyday wear too.
    Yeah I think watching sims dance is one of my top things to have them do. Don't know why.. Which is your favorite EP? Late night goes high for me for that dancing hehehwa

@Hoplass it has! It was charging me for already owned stuff. It's alright now though for me.
    LOL. Mabye if you get enough of the Simpoints you can get a trip to Norway and buy the coffee!

Oh sorry for the long text but something rather strange happened.
    THE REPAIR MAN I HIRED DIED.
    WGCpmRs.jpg

23rif7.gif
    edited December 2016
    @AuzzPanda I have to say I don't mind not having natural disasters. They wouldn't suit my playing style. My ex-husband was the one always finding new ways to kill Sims, especially back in the early days of the original game when EVERYTHING was new. God how he loved drowning those poor suckers. That was before they learned how to climb out of pools without ladders. Now you have to go to the trouble of putting them in a pool AND building a wall around it. *grin* And it never occurred to me to just send them out to work as repairmen!
    aka Jude

My Studio

That's strange @AuzzPanda. Never had a service sim die before. Crazy.

@JoeJude16 I like to come up with these long and involved soap opera like stories with my sims, I especially did it in the Sims 2. Once I made a whole new town and I wanted a graveyard with actual graves in it so I made a whole family of sims and then killed them all in as many different ways as I could manage and put them all in the graveyard to populate it. After the last sim died the game lectured me on not being mean and letting all my sims die. lol

That reminds me. My sister and I rented the Sims 2 on the console once just to see if we liked it. We were playing a married couple from our old games from the original console release of the Sims. I was playing Cindy and she was playing Benjamin. He liked to raise fish in the aquarium and she liked to garden in the little indoor potting thing that passed as gardening in that game and cook. It was pretty fun actually. Then one day while she was painting and he was messing with his fish there is a ring of the doorbell. Cindy goes to answer it and this lady barges in before she can get to the door. We both watch as she walks straight to the refrigerator, opens it up and leans down and starts chowing down on something. Then she grabs her stomach, folds over and dies right there in the kitchen floor. Benjamin and Cindy kind of freak out and we just look at each other. So we "bury" her under the tree in the backyard with a little grave marker and everything. They take a moment to mourn this sim they never new and go back to their lives (a little leery of the fridge now though). The next day at the exact same time the doorbell rings, door barges open and in walks the same woman. She walks over to the fridge, opens it and begins to eat, clutches her stomach and falls over dead. We bury her beside herself and checked the gravestones to make sure it really was the same woman. It was. Next day the same thing happens. Benjamin and Cindy are now having trouble dealing with all the death, they are depressed and crying all the time and Benjamin was starving until Cindy, drop dead exhausted, brought him a cup of soup. On the fourth day it happened again so we quit playing and decided that this was just creepy and the lawn was getting full of graves for the same woman. It was weird... :/

• taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    @AuzzPanda
    Being out of sync with everyone, that's me. Shift work does it and I like to work in the evenings, too. I even used to do night shifts. Yeah, I hope Christmas goes easy on you too.

@AuzzPanda & @JoeJude16
    I think I've played mostly Sunset Valley, it was the only town I played for long time because I didn't very much like Riverview or Twinbrooks. I've played long time in Appaloosa Plains, Starlight Shores, and Isla Paradiso, too. I haven't played much in any of the store worlds, I haven't own them for very long time. I bought most of them because of Ultimate Sim Challenge, it's a challenge where every one of them gets played. At the moment I'm in Bridgeport and heading next to Hidden Springs.

Thank you @rednenemon and @AuzzPanda for lowering my CYS price for Viva Las Vegas Living set. :)
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • neenahhhneenahhh Posts: 130 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hello! I know I am many years late, but I thought I'd give this a go anyway. Thank you @Reachsims for this!

I've been playing The Sims 3 for some time, but only just decided to join the forums. :) I've recently learned about the Daily Deals and the cascades, and have been trying to plan out my purchases as best as possible. Not sure if I've 100% understood everything, but I sure hope I have. :D

My Top Five:
    1. Classy Chassis Dining Chair
    2. Empyrean Luxury Loveseat
    3. Haute Hacienda Kitchen- Talavera Tile Wall Mirror
    4. Pastoral Practical Kitchen Shelf
    5. The Black Horse's Song

My Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=neenahhh

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for reading. :blush:

A big heartfelt thank you to these wonderful people who have helped me gain cool new items from the store: @JoeJude16 @mycami21 @angeljess26 @ZeeGee @charlotteprice @Martje89 @MariTomKaulitZ @Tamaek @JovialJoy @brandi22 @Jojo777 @Dame_Judi_Dench @scillakees @despina53 @rednenemon @Ulling @Hoplass @cristill13 @wittanthony1 @Karnzter @Anmirla @Maera @limegreenqueen101 @elphieluvr @TrevorJ @ApparentlyAwesome <3<3<3
    Post edited by neenahhh on
    Hi, I'm Nina! | WishlistTop 5 | Currently on a mission | Daily DealsCascades
    o02kvr.png
    "You've turned out to be the first doctor ever actually to make a difference to my life."
    Aahhh, thank you so much @charlotteprice!! Your gifts helped me out a lot. I can't wait 'til Saturday now. :blush:
    o02kvr.png
    "You've turned out to be the first doctor ever actually to make a difference to my life."
    Thank you for the warm welcome and for the gift, @Martje89!! Only have to wait until Futureshock Living goes on sale now. :blush:
    o02kvr.png