Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• JovialJoyJovialJoy Posts: 251 Member
    JovialJoy wrote: »
    Wow! :o You guys work FAST! Thank you so much, @Scotsim and @Jahnna!

Yes, @Jahnna, I did get them! Thank you again. <3
    My Top Five | My Wishlist

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    Wow! :o You guys work FAST! Thank you so much, @Scotsim and @Jahnna!

Yes, @Jahnna, I did get them! Thank you again. <3

Ah, I must have missed that! ;-)
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
    Jahnna wrote: »
    Ah, I must have missed that! ;-)

To be fair, shortly after I made that post, I did edit it to include you! I wasn't sure how often it was okay to post "thank you" comments on this thread. And I'd already posted three times in a very short window. So I was trying to minimize how much I was making the thread grow. :p

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
  • TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    @JovialJoy I quickly became addicted to gifting others as I was trying to own the store too! That one of the reasons it took me over a year to own the store! Now that I do own it the blue box has slowed down quite a bit so I can only go on small gifting sprees their still fun though!
  • TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    Well it seems tonight isn't my night for farming 1 paying add in 2 hours! back to building my dragon valley fire station!
  • LoveandhateLoveandhate Posts: 553 Member
    Hey guys, sorry its been so long! I got a seasonal job, and it was mostly to handle Halloween so I was definitely busy then! Now school work is crushing me, so I will be on as soon as these 3 papers are finished! Hope you're all fine.
    Have a great, blessed day!
    Sims 3 store: ScarlettRing

• TamaekTamaek Posts: 440 Member
    edited November 2016
    @JovialJoy and @Teanias I definitely know what you mean about gifting yourself out of simpoints you needed because it was such fun and you get a little carried away. :sweat_smile: But since I've only got 2 sets and 2 venues to go and then a bunch (like 93ish) individual items to go my plan is to get the last 4 big things I need, then buy the individual items that I really want to play with in my game. Then I'll gift as much as I can and occasionally snag an item for me here and there in between. That way I can slowly whittle down my long list and at the same time I can help others chip away at theirs, too. Win/win! ;) Assuming that everything goes well Nov. 23 is the final day for me. Big assumption though, especially with the store going haywire so often.

Hello @Loveandhate. Hope you had fun with the job. My kids had a blast on Halloween! My daughter was Anna (from Frozen of course ^_^) and my son was Tuxedo Mask (from Sailor Moon). His was a little tricky to come up with; my sister helped me plan it. We had to buy a Dracula costume with a cape with red lining, a top hat and a white catty-eyed mask. We had some Styrofoam roses that my mom gave us for Valentine's Day a year or two ago that I had just kept as decorations but he used those as props because roses are Tuxedo Mask's weapons of choice. They were cute! ^_^

And hello again @Opicana! Hope you get 'em! With the store acting so crazy and all it may be harder than it sounds. >.>

Hope everyone is doing well tonight. I've got to go, probably for the weekend as usual. Weekends are my husband's nights off so I spend them with him if I can. In the meantime I'm going to watch my latest addiction to get me through laundry duty (which is all the time as I have a very tiny washer and dryer, like, 5 shirts or 3 towels is a load -tiny) Game of Thrones. I finished House and I can honestly say, without spoilers, that the ending was satisfying. Unlike Angel. Which was terrible. Later everyone!
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
    @Tamaek I'm the same! 1 set, 1 venue, 1 world and 108 seperate items away from owning the store! ♥___♥
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    @Jahnna since you don't really get messages I sent you something in return for the gift (thank you, I also adore that hairstyle it is just so cute ^_^) to help you get closer to your goal! Wish I could do more. After I get the Now and then century manor, Gothique Library and Jet Set (snagged Beach Bummin' this morning yay!) I'll have all the big things. Except Barnacle Bay and Dragon Valley but those cost real money and right now I just don't have it to spend on me, maybe after Christmas... They aren't a really big deal to me at this point. Anyway thank you and Good Luck!
    As of 12-18-16 I joined the Own The Store Club! Now I get to pay it forward! Thanks to everyone who helped me get here. You guys are amazing. ^_^ Love to you all!! <3

Looking to make the most of your Simpoints and maybe make some great friends along the way?

Check out the DD Rotation Thread for tips, tricks, tools and the whole DD rotation schedule.

Need a little help owning the store or want to help others? Head over to The Gifting Directory!
  • HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    What happened? I can log in, see a few ads and get to my wishlist without trouble! And on top of that I got an inivation for a job interview next week. I can't believe it! B)
  • mikawagmikawag Posts: 190 Member
    Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great week and that you will all have a great weekend! :smile:

Next year, there will have a Drag convention in London called DragWorldUK in August and I just bought VIPs tickets and it will be like my own gift after a great year at school&internship to enjoy the summer before going back to school for my last year. I'm really excited about that :blush:
    edited November 2016
    Yes, thanks @Tamaek I received your gift! :smiley: By the way, I'm also waiting for "Gothique Library", my last 'venue'. :wink:

After a long time I've finally been "playing" a bit of Sims 3 again. Well, not really playing, more building. I've just had this kind of cross of park/amusement park/playground in my head and I just couldn't let go. It's meant to feature activities from toddler to teen/young adult age. So far I've got a little area with 3 swings, next to it the bigger playground with slides, climbing frame aso. Behind that is this water arena thingy that I've never really used lol next to it will be the little toddler sandbox area, right next to that is a little building (with access through stairs or a "ramp" like you'd see for wheelchair people), inside that building is a little sitting/chillout area for adults while they can watch the little ones in the playpen, a closed of mini-room with a crib inside, toilets for the adults and another little half-closed off room with a changing table and a potty-chair (I just loved the idea having everything to wash/clean/entertain toddlers there while the big kids play outside!). And on the very right side of the 40x40 lot there's meant to be another outdoor sitting/grilling area for adults and stuff like the basketball hoop, hopscotch, trampoline and whatever I might find to be nice for teens/young adults. :smiley:
    Here's a little pic, I still need to colour a lot of things though:

30bf01faf7a8a773e9bcde43986029dd.jpg
    Post edited by Jahnna on
  • AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Thank you @Me1620 , so much for all your help and kindness.
    It must be a pain to work with such a forgetful being lol! :)
    23rif7.gif
    edited November 2016
    @Jahnna
    Wow that looks AWESOME. Wish I had building creativity like that
    @mikawag
    Hope you have a great one there,
    Good luck on your last year!
    23rif7.gif
  • OpicanaOpicana Posts: 379 Member
    D&D was cancelled. :'( My husband's chronic (undiagnosed) illness was acting up and the brakes in our vehicle started giving us trouble, so we had to cancel. So bummed! He's feeling better this morning, so he's working on fixing the truck.

Looks like I'll be around house-cleaning and ad-farming. And maybe actually some Sims playing later? We'll see.

Thanks to @JovialJoy and @Jahnna for the gifts!
    @Opicana I know how you feel. We also had to cancel our D&D game this weekend because our friend got hit with overtime at work. I'm sorry that your husband isn't feeling well but glad he's feeling better now. I hope they figure out what is wrong with him and can help him manage or cure it soon. I understand what it is like to have someone you love sick and not know why.

@Jahnna that looks really awesome! Looks like you also accomplished the really hard part, making a park that is actually fun for the whole family. ^_^

Good Luck with your interview @Hoplass!!

Hope you have fun at your convention and good luck in school @mikawag!!

And good luck to everyone trying to use the store, I know how it can be!! Later all!

• mikawagmikawag Posts: 190 Member
    @AuzzPanda @Tamaek Thanks a lot! :blush:
    edited November 2016
    You're welcome @Opicana! :smiley:

Thank you @AuzzPanda and @Tamaek! I realised that in my whole Sims 3 career I never actually went to a normal park.. like ever... I mean for family purposes. And I just couldn't let got of the idea of having a big but awesome park with almost everything there.
    It's almost done now, I just tested it with my family (sadly only two young adults) but I was immediately surprised by how many Sims actually turned up and I was SUPER happy to see children and pets coming and I even saw an adult woman coming with her toddler in a push-chair. Ah, that made my day! It was totally worth building the park just for that!

I've got more pics from testing (named it "The "Play and Amuse"-Park"), but like I said I need to tweak a few things, add insect spawners aso.
    67f4c9dcb952302f6b512d22a4d523b7.jpg
    edited November 2016
    @Jahnna
    That sounds so alive, how come? Do you need cheats or is it because you had the necessary objects? :)
    23rif7.gif
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,994 Member
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    Thank you @Me1620 , so much for all your help and kindness.
    It must be a pain to work with such a forgetful being lol! :)
    You are very welcome. You have not been a pain at all; in fact, the opposite. I see you have updated your Top 5. :) I think you have to update it again. ;)
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    @Jahnna
    That sounds so alive, how come? Do you need cheats or is it because you had the necessary objects? :)

No, I dont use any cheats for that! I only use story progression but I doubt that it makes sims go out more.

Its marked as a "Big Park" and I know that big parks attract more sims and more types of traits.
    From what ive read its not the objects you place that attract certain sims, its the lot type. But maybe that has changed!
    edited November 2016
    Teanias wrote: »
    @JovialJoy, I quickly became addicted to gifting others as I was trying to own the store too! That's one of the reasons it took me over a year to own the store! Now that I do own it the blue box has slowed down quite a bit so I can only go on small gifting sprees their still fun though!

Well it seems tonight isn't my night for farming 1 paying ad in 2 hours! back to building my dragon valley fire station!

It'll probably take me the same amount of time, @Teanias --especially where I only average maybe 5 paying ads a day but purchase and gift way more than that! In fact, I just calculated what my expenditures should be for this week, and I'm at a 1k deficit. :# So I'll have to decide which deals I want sooner rather than later and skip on some until the next rotation.

Tamaek wrote: »
    @JovialJoy and @Teanias I definitely know what you mean about gifting yourself out of simpoints you needed because it was such fun and you get a little carried away. :sweat_smile: But since I've only got 2 sets and 2 venues to go and then a bunch (like 93ish) individual items to go my plan is to get the last 4 big things I need, then buy the individual items that I really want to play with in my game. Then I'll gift as much as I can and occasionally snag an item for me here and there in between. That way I can slowly whittle down my long list and at the same time I can help others chip away at theirs, too. Win/win! ;) Assuming that everything goes well Nov. 23 is the final day for me. Big assumption though, especially with the store going haywire so often.

...I'm going to watch my latest addiction to get me through laundry duty (which is all the time as I have a very tiny washer and dryer, like, 5 shirts or 3 towels is a load -tiny) Game of Thrones.
    Jahnna wrote: »
    @Tamaek I'm the same! 1 set, 1 venue, 1 world and 108 seperate items away from owning the store! ♥___♥

You guys are so close, @Tamaek and @Jahnna. How exciting! I don't even own a single world yet that wasn't free.

And, @Tamaek, I've been watching Game of Thrones too! Where are you at in the series?

Hey guys, sorry its been so long! I got a seasonal job, and it was mostly to handle Halloween so I was definitely busy then! Now school work is crushing me, so I will be on as soon as these 3 papers are finished! Hope you're all fine.
    Hoplass wrote: »
    What happened? I can log in, see a few ads and get to my wishlist without trouble! And on top of that I got an inivation for a job interview next week. I can't believe it! B)

Way to go on the job, @Loveandhate, and to you on the interview, @Hoplass! Hope all goes well.

Opicana wrote: »
    Thanks to @JovialJoy and @Jahnna for the gifts!

You're welcome, @Opicana! And thank you for the one you sent me! I'm sorry your husband isn't feeling well.

And @Jahnna, the park looks awesome!

Sorry this was so long, guys! But I'm not really sure what good thread etiquette is. And I started worrying that I was making the threads grow too much by responding to people in separate comments. So I made a single long one!

Finally, I don't know if it's necessary to post this, but I see others doing it ... so I'm wondering if I'm supposed to do the same: I updated my top five. Thank you, everyone for making Beach Bummin' and Everyday - Hot Summer Days so affordable for me when it came up on the Daily Deal! <3

I managed to get Wretched Threads + Front Row Center Bedroom for 165 yesterday thanks to the help of the boards. However, I did realize that I missed Island Villa from earlier, which I would have gotten for free. UGH! I need to set an alarm for these things, LOL. I have too many other things going on to remember.
    I just updated my Top 5 and my wishlist. I'm shooting for Street Couture- Kids & Teens, and Vineyard Villa Furnishings, both coming up on the DD in the next couple days. I'm going to work on some Google Reminders later today.
    @JovialJoy I'm about halfway through season 4 right now. Turns out it is pretty addictive. I won't say more because I don't want to ruin it for anyone but I'm really enjoying it and it gives me something to do while my husband is working besides simming of course. ^_^

@Opicana That's why I set my phone alarm, I have one called Sims 3 Store otherwise I would miss them and that was sooo frustrating.