Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Exchange question! :3

I uploaded a sim this afternoon. After 5 tries, it finally appeared in my studio! -.-

My question is, how long does it take before it actually appears in the exchange? 4-5 hours later, my sim has 0 downloads. :3

Maybe my sim is THAT bad and no one wants to download it, but I still find it kinda strange. *lol*

So, anyone know how long it takes? :S

Comments

• singgoutloudxsinggoutloudx Posts: 3,424 New Member
    edited May 2011
    It usually goes up at most like 10 minutes after you upload it. Whenever I upload something, that's how long it usually takes for me to see my first download. I suggest posting a thread in the Creative Corner or Sims and Modeling section with pictures of your Sim and a link to the download if you want to see more downloads/recommendations. If not, you'll start seeing downloads sooner or later, don't worry! ;)
  • SimsGirl003SimsGirl003 Posts: 1,253 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Alright thanks! I'll try that out. :-)
    edited May 2011
    Hey, I just checked out your Sim Steven that you uploaded today. He looks pretty good! I like his hair and his shoes. I'd download, but I have a rule that I don't download any custom content. But I'll give him a rec. for ya'! ;)
  • Blood0rchidBlood0rchid Posts: 669 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I can see Steven too...so it worked!!
    edited May 2011
    Hey, I just checked out your Sim Steven that you uploaded today. He looks pretty good! I like his hair and his shoes. I'd download, but I have a rule that I don't download any custom content. But I'll give him a rec. for ya'! ;)

Oh my gosh, you're soo sweet! *huggles* Thank you for the rec! :D I tried putting minimal CC on him (His hair, skin & shoes are custom, the rest is all basegame :3) The shoes, I downloaded them from a site called 'Myos' (You can google it) Hope this helps! :P
    edited May 2011
    I can see Steven too...so it worked!!

Yeah it did work! Except it seems that he's stuck in my studio & didn't transfer into the exchange. x) Anyways, i'll wait a bit more. :P
    edited May 2011

Oh my gosh, you're soo sweet! *huggles* Thank you for the rec! :D I tried putting minimal CC on him (His hair, skin & shoes are custom, the rest is all basegame :3) The shoes, I downloaded them from a site called 'Myos' (You can google it) Hope this helps! :P

Awe, you're welcome! :) Ahh, "huggles", I miss that feature from the Sims 2. :oops: I'll have to check that site out, though I won't be downloading anything, since my No CC Rule. :lol: Thank you though! ;)
  • ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited May 2011
    Actually I think the exchange might be stuck again :? The first page for lots and sims (have no idea about the other ones) haven't changed in hours. I was gonna upload a lot, but I think I'll wait.
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
    edited May 2011
    Actually I think the exchange might be stuck again :? The first page for lots and sims (have no idea about the other ones) haven't changed in hours. I was gonna upload a lot, but I think I'll wait.

I'm having the same exact problem! I went on the exchange again & it seems that it's been the same sim creations for the past few hours. :? I'm a little disppointed, i'm already having trouble with my launcher, and now this? x)
    edited May 2011

Awe, you're welcome! :) Ahh, "huggles", I miss that feature from the Sims 2. :oops: I'll have to check that site out, though I won't be downloading anything, since my No CC Rule. :lol: Thank you though! ;)

Haha that's okay! I seriously need to slow down on downloading CC stuff or I think my game might explode. XD (Just kidding!)Do you mostly create sims or houses?
  • ChemicalwibsChemicalwibs Posts: 6,345 Member
    edited May 2011
    It's pretty annoying that they can't seem to fix this site :roll:
    wibsandthesims.tumblr.com
    edited May 2011
    It's pretty annoying that they can't seem to fix this site :roll:

I know right? xD For the past week, i've been finding a new problem almost everyday. Ugh EA, come on! Get this site working properly. >:(
    edited May 2011

Haha that's okay! I seriously need to slow down on downloading CC stuff or I think my game might explode. XD (Just kidding!)Do you mostly create sims or houses?

Hahah, that's exactly why I made a rule, 'cause if I started downloaded, I'd never stop, then I'd eventually not be able to play my game from all of the space taken up. :lol:Had a bad CC addiction when I played Sims 2

I mostly create houses. Just recently started making Patterns, but I don't do it much. I have a Beatles pattern made and ready to upload but I keep forgetting. I also have started a new story, as well. It's called Hailee's House. The only time I really upload Sims is when I need a new avatar, so they're just my Simselfs.
    edited May 2011
    That's cool! :-) Your avatar/simself looks really happy & enjoying life. x) I'm gonna have to check out your house creations sometime soon, I bet they are awesome!!
    edited May 2011
  • mikiiskoolmikiiskool Posts: 415
    edited May 2011
    You're sims are really good, I recommended Steven for you ^.^
    edited May 2011
    mikiiskool wrote:
    You're sims are really good, I recommended Steven for you ^.^

Thank you soo much! (: I really appreciate! xxx