Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☼ LIGHTHOUSE CHALLENGE *~* Feedback - Page 21 ☼ Lighthouse Chat and Share

Comments

• Options
    yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2011
    itguyinsc, I hope you have solved the problems with your games, Good luck! Hugs :)
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited May 2011
    ITguy - I sent you an email last night and I truly hope you will be able to resolve the problem without resorting to a new installation. Ugh. :cry:

Yoda, are you saying you found a way to change the images now or that you still have not found a way to change the upload images on a Mac?

Have you seen this?
    Upload Image Changer for Mac
    Two links offered in this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/367173.page
  • Options
    luna181618luna181618 Posts: 559 Member
    edited May 2011
    How interesting contest! For the first time come in here, because I think the word lighthouse, I incorrectly translated. :D But really it is a lighthouse. I do not think it can be so beautiful. All entries are wonderful. :D
  • Options
    whisperingtruthwhisperingtruth Posts: 2,540 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Wow, these are all so impressive. Glad there are so many entries, i don't feel as bad not being able to do one (time wise). I really need to focus on Whispering Samira the next few times I get to "play", that and my wishacy really needs an update, lol. Anyway, these are all wonderful...I wonder if I can find space for a nice light house in Whispering Samira. :wink:
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited May 2011
    Lookingfornam, i really like that its so small, and still have room for extra room for the family. And the metal floring looks very realistic - but maybe you should warn your sims when its raining?! It might get slippery! :D

Reach your story was very moving. - Im a sucker for strong females! And thats exactly the kind of hard live i imagine a light keeper family must have. - I even added rain to my lot, but i could not get it to fall on the lot the way i wanted too (mainly on the street, so you had to look at the lot in a special way to see, so i changed it (but i think i left the "orb" so you can turn it on if you feel like it!).

Thanks for all the sweet comments. I actually never thought about using google for this :shock: i thought all of you using references had at some point seen them in the past or something :D

Romagi about the meteor, it was my first and it came very unexpected -no one was using the telescope, as i thought would increase the change. All the suddenly i just saw this giant rock in the action line, and other people coming running "to see meteor", then i realized it! I snapped pictures of it, they are posted somewhere else, it went really fast and destroyed a lot of things and my landscape! - But not as bad as i thought it would. But i forgot to try to move him, so maybe i could have saved poor Alfred's live. :oops: :)

Reach when you download, im really curious to know if his ghost made it!?!? :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    @ Reachsims thanks for the link :) I will try that … :mrgreen:
    the last time I tried, I had to update my system before using this tool. But now it should be ok. :P

@ Stinalina, about the meteor!, sorry for Alfred & the destruction! :roll:
    but …
    I like when it happend! :mrgreen: it's less cool as it falls on the house or on a Sims! :oops:
    Meteors are attracted to lighthouses? :shock: Because …
    A big one fell tonight on my second lighthouse under construction! :shock: it's beautiful in the garden and has improved my landscaping! :shock:
    :lol: I have to post an image here ... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited May 2011
    itguyinsc wrote:
    My game has decided to stop showing my saved games in the launcher. I've been unable to repair this problem so far. I've cleared the cache and deleted old saves from a long time ago. Something must be corrupting my files. The next step seems to be uninstalling all and reinstalling.

Quick question, do you have a bunch of saved games (as in different games under different names)? I found that once I went past a certain number, my latest saved games would refuse to show up. Check in your documents, under your saved games to see if they're still there. If they are, it's likely you're running into the same problem as me. Luckily it's an easy fix. I just created a new folder on my desktop and ever time it gets full, I move those extra saves there (if I don't want to delete them). Then my most recent saves show up.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Meteorite! :shock: :lol:
    ed28be85.jpg

60b1d71d.jpg

7b8c0786.jpg
  • Options
    WELSHMINXWELSHMINX Posts: 13,672 New Member
    edited May 2011
    omg :shock:i just read the rules again and guess what wooohoo i can create another!!!!
    omg i wonderedc how there was two entries to some names :lol:
    yes another blonde moment rofl!!
    ooh will have to start tomorrow!!
    cos now im off to bed!!
    nighty night all!!
    hugsssssssss!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited May 2011
    yoda65 wrote:
    ed28be85.jpg

Whoops! :shock: :-o :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    WELSHMINX wrote:
    omg :shock:i just read the rules again and guess what wooohoo i can create another!!!!
    omg i wonderedc how there was two entries to some names :lol:
    yes another blonde moment rofl!!
    ooh will have to start tomorrow!!
    cos now im off to bed!!
    nighty night all!!
    hugsssssssss!! :mrgreen:
    :D:lol: Me too I need to read at least 2 times! :mrgreen:
    Good night! "hugsssssssss!! "♥
  • Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited May 2011
    updated: everything added on this post...
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/75/369805.page#5253677

since it had the history already :D
    I hope ya'all like it
    oow785m
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited May 2011
    Thank you for the entry, Pam! Pelican Bay Lighthouse looks like a very nice place to live! I love how you did the garage doors and it was a great idea to put up the fencing to keep the deer out. LOL. You did a very nice job copying all the various windows in the house. It's a lovely build! :D

@Welsh- love that blonde moment! :wink:

@Yoda, those meteor strikes will get you every time! I have suffered through about ten of those. Oy vey! They make for some true excitement in the game! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited May 2011
    KLorelei wrote:
    itguyinsc wrote:
    My game has decided to stop showing my saved games in the launcher. I've been unable to repair this problem so far. I've cleared the cache and deleted old saves from a long time ago. Something must be corrupting my files. The next step seems to be uninstalling all and reinstalling.

Quick question, do you have a bunch of saved games (as in different games under different names)? I found that once I went past a certain number, my latest saved games would refuse to show up. Check in your documents, under your saved games to see if they're still there. If they are, it's likely you're running into the same problem as me. Luckily it's an easy fix. I just created a new folder on my desktop and ever time it gets full, I move those extra saves there (if I don't want to delete them). Then my most recent saves show up.

THanks for the suggestions KLorelei and Reach!

I copied my SAVES folder and cleaned out the original one. This seems to have worked so far. I'm adding games I want to use back one by one to see if a problem occurs. If all goes well, I will get back to my lighthouse build. The current entries are OUTSTANDING! I'm so intimidated :shock:
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited May 2011
    Wonderful entries as usually, dear friends! :)
    I recommended all of them.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    Thank you for the entry, Pam! Pelican Bay Lighthouse looks like a very nice place to live! I love how you did the garage doors and it was a great idea to put up the fencing to keep the deer out. LOL. You did a very nice job copying all the various windows in the house. It's a lovely build! :D

@Welsh- love that blonde moment! :wink:

@Yoda, those meteor strikes will get you every time! I have suffered through about ten of those. Oy vey! They make for some true excitement in the game! :mrgreen:

thank you sweetie, glad you like the authentic details :wink: I really enjoyed doing a build that I actually had a little insight on, and was quite the challenge attempting to meet all of the criteria you were looking for, awesome contest and great builds by everyone here :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    originalsimoriginalsim Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited May 2011
    Just popping in to say "WOW" at all the new entries and I never said it for the entries that were posted before mine either so here's a "wow" for all those too: "WOW!"

Oh and Sashraf: Congrats on your feature!
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited May 2011
    WOW is right! Pam and Nam really awesome!

Apparently, I build more than play cause I seem to be the only one that has never had a meteor! :cry:
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    romagi1 wrote:
    WOW is right! Pam and Nam really awesome!

Apparently, I build more than play cause I seem to be the only one that has never had a meteor! :cry:

lol, don't feel bad, I've only had one very small one my child sim saw in the telescope, but her mother had to go retreive it across town :?
    have also had a total of one very boring earthquake :lol:
    oow785m
  • Options
    lookingfornamlookingfornam Posts: 288 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Just a heads up, I've reuploaded Lighthouse Point HERE due to Exchange problems, so make sure to update the OP! :)

For reference, this is part of the original submission (with link edited in)
    Name of lot: Lighthouse Point - 1br, 1ba
    Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4090669
    Full screenshot walkthrough (I hope this doesn't count against the 12 shot rule!): http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=321543
    Higher-quality image gallery: http://lookingfornam.imgur.com/3PB8T#Ceadd

Rough cost to build or what the value was when uploaded: $56,529
    Any special features you'd like to emphasize:
    -Spiral stairs/atrium/historical museum in the tower proper (You'll see what I mean in the screenshots)
    -No CC
    -Uses Ambitions content and one non-free Store item (That's right, one. See if you can find it!)

Screenshots

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Ceadd.jpg "width=700"[/img]
  • Options
    sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member
    edited May 2011
    Thanks Originalsim :?

Pam & Nam :thumbup: :thumbup:

Romangi I'm with you. All my games must take place on the East Coast no earthquakes or meteorite strikes to report here LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    yoda65 wrote:

7b8c0786.jpg

Love it! :mrgreen: But what is that truck?!?! Never seen it before!

If Reach had that many meteors, then maybe Yoda is right... they do get attracted to lighthouses!
    But im seriously jealous of Empresspamelas earthquake!!! :D Wanna try too!

I have been playing around a lot with the fog emitter lately, reading a lot of the codes etc. - also used it for all the light in the ... well lighthouse, and i have seen codes for meteors as well... maybe you can "help nature" a little... :)

Im so impressed with all of you that are actually trying to make TWO lighthouses!!! - As if one didn't take enough time! :D

And Itguy, i hope your game will work so we can see your entry too!

• Options
    kezza11178kezza11178 Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited May 2011
    Stinalina wrote:
    yoda65 wrote:

7b8c0786.jpg

Love it! :mrgreen: But what is that truck?!?! Never seen it before!

If Reach had that many meteors, then maybe Yoda is right... they do get attracted to lighthouses!
    But im seriously jealous of Empresspamelas earthquake!!! :D Wanna try too!

I have been playing around a lot with the fog emitter lately, reading a lot of the codes etc. - also used it for all the light in the ... well lighthouse, and i have seen codes for meteors as well... maybe you can "help nature" a little... :)

Im so impressed with all of you that are actually trying to make TWO lighthouses!!! - As if one didn't take enough time! :D

And Itguy, i hope your game will work so we can see your entry too!

loll ive never had a meteorite hit my sims or even near them :D

the truck is the repo man stinalina :lol::lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    kezza11178 wrote:
    the truck is the repo man stinalina :lol::lol:

LOL Talk about having a bad day!!! :mrgreen:

-I try to remember to pay my sims bills, but i do occasionally miss, - guess it must have been a while... :roll: :D
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    LOL Yes! very bad trip! :shock: A meteor, fire, and the repo man! :lol:
    I couldn't find the translation for the "repo man" thanks! :wink:
    All this, in the minute I opened my backup games! :shock: they do get attracted to lighthouses or location in the town?
    I wonder if the second person who speaks with my Sim is not the repo man? I do not recognize him! :mrgreen:

e25157f0.jpg

I have always meteorites, I love it! But no codes, it must come from the skills or interests of my Sims? "I had huge meteor, in the house of the White Rabbit in Alice's World which completely destroyed the car, the circle of "magic mushrooms"; and the little white rabbit who played in the middle of mushrooms! debris everywhere … :lol:

But I've never had an earthquake!! How do we do Pam? :mrgreen: :XD:
    :thumbup: Pelican Bay!! :D recs for you and for lookingfornam Lighthouse Point :thumbup:
    good night … 'm tired, should finish this weekend and export in exchange … :-)