Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☼ LIGHTHOUSE CHALLENGE *~* Feedback - Page 21 ☼ Lighthouse Chat and Share

Comments

• kezza11178kezza11178 Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited May 2011
    :D:D thanks reach :D:D

oh i didnt know the custom artwork doesnt upload with the homes :(:( my sim painted the perfect picture of a lighthouse too
  • originalsimoriginalsim Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited May 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    Okay, here is my verdict. LOL. Good news, I think! There are about four or five pieces of artwork in each house - one painting on the easel, two photos and two paintings, if I remember correctly. I left my game open so I can recheck anything else you want me to.

In the house where Oscar is, I checked the treasure chest in the basement to find three tombstones. He has a couple things in his personal inventory, his camera and three books.

The house is awesome! :mrgreen:

Great! Knowing that it will work without Oscar (check him out in his PJ's by the way :P ) I'll upload the lot only with a nice new thumbnail. I do love Oscar though so I'll upload him separately. He's so not what you think he'll be when you start checking his traits and see him in "normal clothes". I'm also going to place
    those tomb stones on the lot. Not sure if they'll upload that way, but it's not a big deal if they don't. I'll get all my screen shots and hopefully have my official entry posted later today or possibly tomorrow.

Thanks for checking that for us Ri-chan.

Kezza, that's what we were trying to find out. I'm starting to suspect that it's more of an issue with community lots. I always upload from the map, I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not though. Some people seem to have problems getting the artwork and pics to stay in their homes for upload.
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited May 2011
    kezza11178 wrote:
    :D:D thanks reach :D:D

oh i didnt know the custom artwork doesnt upload with the homes :(:( my sim painted the perfect picture of a lighthouse too
    Sometimes, it does upload and sometimes it does not. Very frustrating. At least the lighthouse painting can be replaced if it's missing, eventually, but the exact photographs can never be replaced. *Sigh* One of the photos in this house by Originalsim is a wide-angled sepia coloured shot and I didn't get close enough to look at it really well but...

There still are some questions regarding this uploading with and without custom art showing up because I have seen both success and failure at this when no one was even doing anything "special" at all. :roll:

I also always upload from the map. :?
  • kezza11178kezza11178 Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited May 2011
    ah ok thats strange but a bit of a bummer if it doesnt work, i tried to get pics of lighthouses in my game but i couldnt figure out how to do it but thankfully my sim is a vamp so she mastered the skill very quickly and i was in luck when she painted the pic i have in the livingroom lol :D
    edited May 2011
    I THINK I JUST FIGURED IT OUT!

When I went into the lighthouse in the new neighborhood I uploaded from there were several paintings missing. Reach, you wouldn't have had them either, nor would have known they were supposed to be there. The only ones that were missing were ones that I had framed! The custom paintings that I conviniently forgot to frame are the only ones that uploaded with the lot. I think this might be the answer people. Don't frame the art work. Let the people who download do that! :D
  • LoveEvilLoveEvil Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited May 2011
    Also don't frame canvas on the sims artwork, the game seems to ditch it everytime if you try to upload them as framed.

Edit, originalsim beat me to it. lol. I didn't post that in my message to Gouka as she already knew about that.
    edited May 2011
    OH! I'm sorry that I didn't say anything about that. I wasn't awake enough to be posting - I've had a weird week as far as the sleeping schedule goes. But you were asking a quick question and it's maddening to have to wait for an answer to a quick question. :oops:

I knew that already. That is known by many but does not solve this problem entirely. What is known so far is that you can name the pictures but you cannot frame them for them to be uploaded.
    edited May 2011
    LoveEvil wrote:
    Also don't frame canvas on the sims artwork, the game seems to ditch it everytime if you try to upload them as framed.

Edit, originalsim beat me to it. lol. I didn't post that in my message to Gouka as she already knew about that.

I did not know about that until now. I knew about the community lot stuff only because of your info which Reach shared with me.

So freaking simple...

Reach, those are notversions of the final lot anymore. Now that I know how this works, I'll make sure the final has all its artwork.
    edited May 2011
    I had lost all my artwork for brainybee's comp a few months ago when I uploaded it, all except the 3 that I had purposely left unframed and I had prob with my gems in my gallery too. I had to figure a way round it as the paintings/gems were an important part of the respective lots. They don't make things easy for us eh? :roll:

Glad you are able to fix your lot now though. :wink:
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited May 2011
    Reach you got your hair done! :mrgreen:

Orginal does that mean I get to see more picks! :)

LoveEvil, can't wait to see your either! :)
    edited May 2011
    Name of lot: Redwood Lighthouse

Rough cost to build or what the value was when uploaded: $123,286
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4066921

Links for any CC used in the screenshots: None

Any special features you'd like to emphasize:

I just had to create a history for this build:
    Many different residents have kept Redwood Lighthouse up and running over it's long history. Some were single men and others brought their families with them. Over time, the lighthouse saw many changes to its interiors as each Keeper or his family added their own touches to the different rooms. Each family has moved on, in one way or another, but each has left furnishings, artwork, books and sometimes more behind.
    The most poignant and tragic story in the history of the lighthouse is its most recent. Martin Cable moved his family here with the idea that life would be more simple and wholesome. Martin woke every morning to tend his garden and perform his daily inspections of the tower and grounds. His wife, Helen spent her spare time painting in the studio Martin set up for her on the fourth level of the tower . Their daughter Laura, who had inherited her father's clumsiness would flit about the grounds and move from one activity to another gleefully. The family spent a lot of time together in the evenings once Martin's duties were complete.

On their last day at Redwood the family was engaged in a rousing game of tag. All three were running around happily, laughing, and gasping for air as the sun sank lower in the sky. Laura was not watching where she was going, but Helen saw what was about to happen. She tried to yell out to Laura and tell her to stop, but she was so terrified of what she saw unfolding before her that she couldn't get the words out. Martin saw as well and was just as speechless as his wife. He ran for his daughter intending to grab her before she ran off the edge of the cliff, but this only made Laura who was watching him and not where her feet were taking her only run faster. Martin reached out for her as she fell from the cliff. He could see the change in his daughter's face as she realized too late what was happening. And then his terror turned to shock as he realized he was running too fast to stop on the damp outcropping of grass. Helen, who was a few yards away, stood in utter shock, her arms half raised reaching out for her family. She walked slowly and calmly to the edge her husband and child had just disappeared from. She looked at the setting sun for a brief moment and then, without looking down, she held her arms out wide and dove from the cliff herself.

Screenshots :

Street View
    Screenshot-1238.jpg"width=600"

Cliff View:
    Screenshot-1208.jpg"width=600"

Gardening and Fishing:
    Screenshot-1207.jpg"width=600"

Main entrance:
    Screenshot-1196.jpg"width=600"

Livingroom:
    Screenshot-1212.jpg"width=600"

Office:
    Screenshot-1204.jpg"width=600"

Basement full of clutter from previous keepers (basement also has laundry facilities and another room wth more clutter) :
    Screenshot-1215.jpg"width=600"

Kitchen (recently updated):
    Screenshot-1198.jpg"width=600"

Master Bedroom:
    Screenshot-1195.jpg"width=600"

Laura's room:
    Screenshot-1201.jpg"width=600"

Helen's Studio:
    Screenshot-1213.jpg"width=600"

And the light:
    Screenshot-1239.jpg"width=600"
    edited May 2011
    Original, I am never ever EVER reading your stories again!! It took me 5 min. to quit blubbering and blow my nose so I could actually look at the pictures! Just to clarify, I am a sucker for sad stories! My kids think it is sooo funny, they are constantly passing the puff box to me and rolling their eyes. Now, back on topic, your landscaping is beautiful and I love the art studio! Awesome entry!
    edited May 2011
    LOL! I read this very touching story earlier and it left me, well... I just could not post right away. Very poignant and meaningful stories do touch us in deep ways and I felt awkward just jumping out here and posting, "Awesome entry, Ori-chan! Great story and what a great job you did on your lighthouse!"

But yeah! *passing the box of tissues around* Having already been in this very lighthouse and peeked into the treasure chest, as instructed, to find those tombstones, it was almost like I had been trespassing on sacred ground.

Thank you for a gorgeous entry and a wonderful story to go along with it. (I love Oscar Quick, by the way.) :D
    edited May 2011
    LOL! I thought the story was pretty corny and way too cliched. (Glad I didn't add the part where their bodies tumbled down the rocks and they all actually drowned in the surf below :twisted: )

Thanks for the compliments ladies. The lighthouse on its own is nothing out of the ordianry. No CFE cheat was used and it's a really a basic build. The only thing I went out of my way to do was to make sure furnishing styles DID NOT match and get that stinking art work in there.

Romagi: I was going to try to do the walk out like you had done, but that was part of where my block had come in. I couldn't get it to look right. You managed it well.

• 3TREES3TREES Posts: 1,964 Member
    edited May 2011
    ok i uploaded my pics
    edited May 2011
    3TREES - I'm glad to see you got your pictures uploaded. You did a lot of hard work on your decorating and it looks nice. I'd like to see some photos of the outside of your lot as well as some overview (bird's eye view) shots. I am sure everyone else wants to see them too. :wink::D

Thank you for your entry!
    edited May 2011
    Okie dokie ill post those soon!
    edited May 2011

Romagi: I was going to try to do the walk out like you had done, but that was part of where my block had come in. I couldn't get it to look right. You managed it well.

Took me 3 days to figure out how to do that. :D Now I am like a kid with a new toy trying to figure out all the ways to do it. Then when I got here Kezza had did alot of the same stuff I had! :shock: My front hill that is bare had garden on it. LOL Should of at least stuck a tree up there. :roll:

3TREES, I'm lovin that lighthouse! More pics! More pics! :mrgreen:

Edit: can't spell :oops:
    edited May 2011
    ok heres more pics lol i put another one of the dining room is tht how u spell it if it is it doesnt look right anyway i put another pic of it cuz the last one didnt look so good lol :)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Name Of Lot - Ocean Spray Lighthouse
    Link On The Exchange - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4076502
    Price - Furnished cost is 211,367 and unfurnished cost is 105,998

Welcome to Ocean Spray Lighthouse! This lighthouse has a top of the line lighting beam in the top of the tower and the bell on the front of the lot rings loudly at times of poor visibility!
    The lighthouse has been made using the Castle kit.

Oceanspray1.jpg

Back of Lot

Oceanspray2.jpg

Inside The Lighthouse

Oceanspray12.jpg

Oceanspray13.jpg

Top Of The Lighthouse

Oceanspray14.jpg

I am sorry about the drainage tank in the basement, it has sprung a leak and can't be fixed, some days it bubbles everywhere! There was a big flood down there once and it left things a little rusty looking, a lot of the nectar from the racks was washed down there too....

Oceanspray10.jpg

Oceanspray11.jpg

The lighthouse keepers house has two bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, living area, study, kitchen, dining room, music room, reading room and a small veggie patch in the garden. Here are a few pictures from inside the house.

Hallway

Oceanspray15.jpg

Living Room

Oceanspray16.jpg

Kitchen

Oceanspray19.jpg

Bedroom One

Oceanspray23.jpg

Bathroom One

Oceanspray25.jpg

I think I have remembered everything but if I have forgotten anything please let me know and I will edit my post. :wink:
  • EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited May 2011
    these look so awesome :shock:
    just wanted to let you know I've been working on mine should have some pics today or tomorrow,
    Happy Mother's Day to the mommies here
    *hugs
    oow785m
    edited May 2011
    LoveEvil, I love it! You made the castle kit work so well and i love the colors you used. :D Does the well in the front hook to the one in the basement? I wanted to use the bell on my second one but it teed me off you can't recolor it. :evil: Another fabulous entry! (I'm trying not to use awesome all the time. :roll: )
    edited May 2011
    EMPRESSPAMELA, Can't wait to see yours!

Happy Mother's and Grandmother's Day! :D
    I haven't been able to get to your comments page last nite or earlier today, so sorry it's late.
    edited May 2011
    romagi1 wrote:
    (I'm trying not to use awesome all the time. :roll: )

LOL. :mrgreen: Same here! I'm struggling with that one, too!

Ummm, LoveEvil, what can I say? It's breathtakingly beautiful! I also love the colours you chose. I've already downloaded and recommended it and umm, wow! Just wow!

I know many people say, "Oh! This is going to be hard to judge!" Not this time. This is going to be impossible to judge. I think I'll see if I can round up some more sponsors and give everyone 1st, 2nd or 3rd place.

And Pam? You are entering? :shock: Welcome! :D
    edited May 2011
    Thanks romagi1, yup the well in the front is the shortcut into the basement. I was surprised that the bell could not be recoloured too but left it in as it seemed fitting for this lot. :D