Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In Game Edge Scrolling Slow/Choppy

I know I've got another topic going right now in this forum about issues placing mirrors, however I thought I would make a separate topic for this issue seeing as a lot of people are experiencing this but after scouring the interwebs for quite some time I couldn't find a solution. Maybe that's just human error on my part, but I don't know too much about computers and was hoping that someone could help me with this.

WALL O TEXT DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED
D':

I don't know if its to do with my resolution of frame refresh rate but whenever I'm working on my lot in build/buy mode, scrolling is a biscuit and two halves. Making two complete biscuits. I thought it was just how Sims was but I watched a few tutorial vids on youtube and realized how slow scrolling and loading was for me. Whenever I switch between build and buy it takes a good 20 seconds to switch between the two which is becoming very frustrating as it will take me another week to finish this lot at this rate. Anyway, here are the specs:

My Sims 3 graphics are currently set to:
Enable Fullscreen Mode
Screen Size 1360 x 768 (85:45) (<-- this is probably totally incorrect but the other smaller numbers wouldn't make it totally fullscreen.)
Screen Refresh Rate Default (<-- 60hz is my only other option but I assumed default already was as such.)
Enable Object Hiding (<-- I don't really know what this does. What does this do?)
Reflection Quality Mirrors & Water
Edge Smoothing Medium
Visual Effects Medium
Lighting and Shadows High (<-- gotta have this.)
Tree Detail Medium
Enable Animation Smoothing
Enable Advanced Rendering
Draw Distance Low
High Detail Lots 2 (<-- lol)
Texture Detail High
Sim Detail Very High (<-- vanity.)

As for my laptop, its BEARLY a year old. Its a Gateway NV79 laptop with intel Core i3 and Windows 7. Graphics card is probably that one of those family chipset things that come with every laptop but I'll probably end up having to post my dixdiag anyway. >.> I also run my laptop over a fan that you can plug in via USB port and seems to keep it very nice and cool so I doubt overheating is the prolem. (I had it overheat once from running the Sims 3 for about 4-5 hours and it crashed. But not anymore with the fan.)
I bought it specifically for gaming at Best Buy about a year ago, it was the best model for gaming they had. Supposedly. I'm not ruling out blaming the Best Buy guy here by any means.

More importantly, when I exit the Sims 3 I notice an information bubble pop up from my task bar saying that "Your resolution is not at the right setting. Its currently at/should be 1600x1900. Click here for more information." *click the bubble* *bubble disappears* Fml.
Anyway. I really don't know what that means, but I'm sure that might have something to do with it.

Then I thought perhaps my lot is just too large and detailed or something? Even if that is the case, I want to be able to run this lot more smoothly. Not compromising my lot's awesome factor to accommodate this faggotry.

Please halp. I really want to run TS3 more smoothly.