Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Timeless Beauties Calendar Girls: Let Them Eat Cake

Future Scores

Once again you all kicked it up a notch! It was very interesting to be privy to your ideas of the future and each one was just as creative as the next!

Each round brings us closer to the final but it also results in us losing someone :cry:

Scores are as following:

Tie For First Place

poida 297
timeless_assign9.jpg

seren
Creativity/Topic: 40/40
Setting: 35/35
Overall: 20/20
Pose: 5/5
Total: 100/100
Comments: Oh this really is really fantastic. Everything looks floaty and just perfect really. This really made me giggle. Were there space monkeys? Did space monkeys sneak in and cause all that trouble? This pic is really creative and inspired and I can not fault it at all. Fantastic!

hush
Comments: Good Golly Miss Molly! My head hurts from trying to think how you did the floaty objects. Instantly from the picture I know that Skye is in the future, or a stupid choice by NASA xD Perfect Calendar pose, brings such a smile at her awkward situation. Grouse poida!

pixie
Pose: 3/5
Total: 97/100
Comments: Everything about this was perfect, just because without reading the description I knew that you had no gravity it gave a nice future feel, I liked the humour, the pose however I have never been a fan of, and I think that the left leg looks like below the knee has been cut off.

cupcake 297
165efa50.png

seren
Comments: Cupcake, this is brilliant! I adore that our Calendar Girl is still modeling and not only is she modeling she is endorsing a product which by the expression of her face, looks like it works! I love your setting and how lazy her family is in the background. Her expression is wicked which works oh so well. Really this pic is just amazing.

hush
Comments: Who would have thought to do an advert? You cupcake, that's who!! And of course, you pull it off flawlessly. The fact that she stands out amidst the bleak greyness of the future, speaks for your skill of angling and her incredibly shiny, tinsel hair :p She also has such a confident/pleased expression, which I never have when cleaning xD

pixie
Setting: 33/35
Overall: 19/20
Comments: I really liked this entry, it was very futuristic, and your idea was super creative, although it did seem a bit like an ad at the same time :P

Second Place

Sun 295
timelessfuture.jpg

seren
Total: 99/100
Comments: Oh Sun, this pic is so funny. I love that her methods aren't always friendly, but she looks like she is about to have fun using them anyway. I adore that our Calendar Girl looks kinda 60's Barbarella, but yet she matches the future setting so well. LoL is that bloke on the table wearing thigh highs?! Perfect hehe.

hush
Comments: The dress and hair jump out at me immediately. I don't think I have ever spent that long staring at a CC dress that was meshed and detailed so, so well. Anyways, love the conquering, amazonian aspect and yet she still manages to exude glamour!! No complaints here Sun, just lots of compliments! Oh and looking forward to your future of men wearing thigh high stockings ;D

pixie
Creativity/Topic: 40 /40
Setting: 34/35
Pose: 3/5
Total: 96/100
Comments: You got creative here, I really like the idea and how you managed to make it look glamorous, you model looks fantastic, my only problem was the pose, I found it hard to find her right arm XD

Tie For Third Place

JK 290
2uqlq1k.jpg

seren
Creativity/Topic: 38/40
Comments: This picture is so very pretty. I love the mix of history with future. I think though that in order for us to know this is the future, we need a tad but more futuristic elements to mix with the historic ones. That said, this pic still rocks. I love our calendar girl's hair and her expression is amazing. What is she hiding from? Is there an invasion? I must know!

hush
Comments: This has such an Inara-isque feel to it and I love it! Your entry was the only one to bring the past into the future, and you did it so effortlessly! She looks so Grecian goddess and it's a huge comfort to know that in your future, there will still be plants! Unless they're holograms :( There's such an importance to her and her worried expression and half hiding, makes me think there is trouble afoot. See, now you've got me creating a whole story in my head for her! Lurve it JK!

pixie
Overall: 18/20
Pose: 4/5
Total: 94/100
Comments: This is an absolutely amazing, very futuristic and I like how you have her posing with the statue. Your model looks stunning, and I love the hair, perfect for this assignment, I was a little worried with all the plants, they sorta looked like they would eat her there is so many lolXD But it also helps the picture so I didn't really deduct that many points, well i deducted one XD

Bliss 290
sunfuturesmall.png

seren
Comments: Bliss wow, you really stepped up to the plate and shined this round. There are so many little details that at first I didn't even notice until I had another look and then another. I love the robots in the classroom with their bionic arms! What really makes this pic a winner is that with all the chaos in the back ground our calendar girl is still managing to pull off a pose and look fantastic. So very well done!

hush
Comments: Fierce stance there!! She looks extremely svelte and shiny in her suit, it demands attention but also respect. Gosh, how much have you got going on in the background Bliss?? This looks soo well planned out to get what you've built into the frame and still make it not seem busy. You're on a roll Bliss!!

pixie
Setting: 31/35
Overall: 16/20
Total: 90/100
Comments: I think this is great idea but I felt your model didn't belong, and it didn't really remind of a calender girl picture, however I do love the pose :D

amieechu 275
bananav.jpg

seren
Comments: Wonder Woman!!!!!! Amiee, I love this pic, it brought such a smile to my face! I adore her pose and all the lights, well just everything really! I did take one point off ( sorry) because whilst I adore it, it's almost not quite futuristic enough, maybe a robot sales women in the background would have made it look more in time. But I LOVE this pic!

hush
Comments: That set is just so amazingly gorgeous amiee, extremely futuristic! And I adore her short and cute play-suit! Those aqua accents seem like they're glowing, it's crazy >.< Gah, I still can't get over that set, seriously!! The use of mirrors accents the organza curtains and a feeling of more space, genius. One, tiny thing, I think if she was facing the front and maybe some indication/description of where she was (dressing room? teleporter?) you would have gotten a perfect score from me :D So happy and proud with the quality of your work amiee!!

pixie
Creativity/Topic: 30/40
Setting: 27/35
Overall: 16/20
Total: 77/100
Comments: This is good, but it didn't really seem very futuristic, just seemed like someone trying on a super hero costume in a clothes shop. However the picture itself was pretty.

simslover 265
HYk1y.jpg

seren
Setting: 32/35
Total: 96/100
Comments: Simslover, I really like the idea behind this pic and can so see where you were heading. I really like the effect you've gone for, it does make it look futuristic, like a scene from a movie. Unfortunately, this also kinda distracts from the pic at the same time, we can't really see the background or her setting and it's also hard to see her. In order to have such a strong effect ( which i DO love) you would have needed to crop in closer to our model, I understand this would have cut out some of the effect, but at this point we see more of it then her. I love how creative this is though and it DOES feel very futuristic, good job!

hush
Setting: 33/35
Total: 98/100
Comments: Getting Doctor Who vibes here, which is always an awesome sign! Such a dedicated, primal look she has there, I would not like to challenge her and I don't pity the person/creature who does!! The effect you've used draws my eyes immediately to your model again and again. It just spins me out, like the atmosphere around her is reacting to the machine, it's completely cool. The only problem is, I can't see your model quite well :( If you had people around her trying to get through, then it would all tie together for her being so far from the camera. It's a small thing because I'm extremely impressed with your vision simslover!!

pixie
Creativity/Topic: 30/40
Setting: 25/35
Overall: 12/20
Total: 71/100
Comments: This would have been good without so much of that effect, it really hurt my eyes. The pose looked strong but she was a little far away. Also maybe if you got a tiny bit more creative I could have given you a higher score.

Sorry to say but simslover, you have the lowest score. Therefore we have to say good bye :cry:
We have been so privileged to watch you grow throughout this competition. The fact that you were always so excited and supportive of each assignment, well it brought a lot of encouragement to seren and I to be more creative and to know we were making your experience enjoyable. Thankew for taking a chance on us!
We really hope to see you in the next cycle but if not, we're confident you'll succeed no matter what you choose :D
Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
screenshot-3jj.jpg

Comments

• hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    edited May 2011
    2lj3lkz.jpg

Well, well, well. Six Calendar Girls left...

So, whose going to lose their head this round?

"There is nothing new except what has been forgotten."

v8dhx.jpg

It's 1774 and your Calendar Girl has become Queen for the day! Marie Antoinette to be exact. Think privileged, eccentric and a few years later declared guilty of treason then executed at aged 37 to a cheering crowd (yay?).

2v7xa13.jpg

Okay, maybe not that last one... Marie Antoinette ushered in a more Austrian, excessive style of fashion to France during her reign.

2jb7k8o.jpg

aajfjc.jpg

Her love of being epically dressed (corsets people!!), shoes, gambling, lead makeup and consumption of fancy cakes, distracted her from the lack of bedroom action and babies (I guess?).

2uqdcpj.jpg

25iapt0.jpg

Theme: Marie Antoinette
    Year/Month: 1774, December

2re0e8j.jpg

What you'll be judged on

Does your Marie Antoinette Girl represent her fashion of 1774?

Is your Marie Antoinette Girl standing out from the crowd, or blending into the background?

Are the walls up or down? We'd prefer to see walls up, where they should be.

Are those pesky thought bubbles showing?

Are any extras in your picture behaving themselves?

RULES
    1. Please be kind to each other, rudeness will not be tolerated.
    2. No face plastering of any kind.
    3. We will give extensions when needed, but to make it fair, we ask that you let us know TWO days before the due date, so others can take advantage of the extension. However, we will take into account things such as Patches and game issues ( we know you can not plan those issues)
    4. No major changes to model once submitted, unless we allow for it in an assignment. The exception to this rule is CC skin, if skin is causing your game to have issues, I do not mind if you need to change it, just please try to keep it close to the original colour. I will also make exceptions on a case to case basis. ( I understand CC can go wonky) We request that eye colour stay the same, but if you need to remove CC eyes or contacts, that's fine.
    5. Hair colour and make up can be changed at any time, it's up to you!

Scoring:

Scoring will be a 100 point process.

Creativity/Topic: /40
    Setting: /35
    Overall: /20
    Pose: /5
    Total: /100
    Comments:

Judges:

seren
    hush
    pixie

Marie Antoinette Girls

marie+7.jpg

JKAmaryllis grandma.gif
    Bliss87 grandma.gif
    cupcake grandma.gif
    Sun2401 grandma.gif
    Amieechu grandma.gif
    poida217 cupcake.gif

Seen It cupcake.gif
    Turned In grandma.gif
    Dropped guillotine.gif

Tips and Tricks!

Ctrl + Shift + C to open cheat box, then press enter after typing what you want.
    Hiding speech bubbles, skill bars and plumbbobs
    Type: hideheadlineeffects on
    Moving sims/objects
    Type: moveobjects on
    Unlocking outfits and hair
    Type: unlockoutfits on
    Unlocking expansion objects
    Type: buydebug on
    Type /help for any other commands.

In Game Camera Angles!

TAB-Puts the game into Cameraman mode, allowing better and more control of the camera, and removing the blue user interface. Make sure you are in live mode before going into Cameraman mode or you will see grid lines on the ground and floating where floor tiles may be placed.
    W moves the camera forward.
    S moves it backward.
    A moves the camera left.
    D moves it right.
    Q lowers the camera angle.
    E raises it.
    Z Zoom in.
    X Zoom out.
    SHIFT plus A rotates camera angle left.
    SHIFT plus D rotates camera angle right.
    SHIFT plus S resets the camera.

DUE DATE FRIDAY 6TH MAY

4uvz84.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • amieechuamieechu Posts: 947 Member
    edited April 2011
    Awww sorry to see you go Simslover. I'll see you in Static though xD

Interesting assignment. Guess I'll get started with a CC search xD
  • Bliss87Bliss87 Posts: 5,865 Member
    edited April 2011
    seen it
  • simslover740simslover740 Posts: 3,100
    edited April 2011
    :( I will join next cycle.
  • Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited April 2011
    :( I will join next cycle.

awww *hugs*

seen it! This is right up my alley!
    edited April 2011
    Awww simslover!! :cry: I'm so sorry you were eliminated! It's the downside of being in a competition and it's not a good feeling on either end.

But there is a happy horizon if we get to see you next cycle! *hugs*
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited April 2011
    Seen it :D man those example pics are gorgeous! Congrats Poida and cupcake!!!
    jz8tDGb.png
    Steam: JKAmaryllis
    edited April 2011
    I'd love to judge if you'd like me to ;)
    edited April 2011
    @JK, I know hey?

Ahhh... hell yes simslover! In fact you can start judging with us now if ya want? We're getting down to the final so it would be awesome to have another opinion :mrgreen:
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
    edited April 2011
    Great! I'm a bit of a tough judge, but I know i'll score high with this amazing talent!
  • SilverDragon111SilverDragon111 Posts: 6,173 New Member
    edited April 2011
    *lurking* congratz poida :mrgreen: Awesmme assingment idea :)
    edited April 2011
    Hear that ladies and gent? You've got another judge to impress!!

Silver!!!!
    love0073.gif
    Thanks for dropping in <3
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • poida217poida217 Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited April 2011
    Ooh, I came first (battlecry of every male in existence)

Ahh Marie Antoinette, she will forever be known for a quote that she never even said. History is a wonderful thing, it only remembers what it wants to... >_<
    24891575472_e27b0a3fc3_o.gif
    edited April 2011
    poida217 wrote:
    And as a male, I'm sure that happens a lot :p
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • amieechuamieechu Posts: 947 Member
    edited April 2011
    poida217 wrote:
    And as a male, I'm sure that happens a lot :p

343rbbn.gif
    edited May 2011
    Looking for CC. Man how I would love to find something NOT photoskinned :(

Which is why I mostly use in game clothing D:
    jz8tDGb.png
    edited May 2011
    I am honored by the Kirk gif amiee :mrgreen:

All About Style has historial stuff doesn't it?

If you're pressed for clothes, I will suggest the cc wiki, should be bookmarked in general! Saves a lot of time looking for specific cc.

Sims 3 content list 8)
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
    edited May 2011
    Thanks :D Actually I had it bookmarked and thats where I found a decent dress. I'm actually almost done
    jz8tDGb.png
    edited May 2011
    ^^ Amazing. I can tell judging shall be hard.
    edited May 2011
    Aawwuuhh thank you :D
    jz8tDGb.png
    edited May 2011
    Sent an email to you Hush ;D
    edited May 2011
    :shock:wow that is awesome JK, came on to say that I was working on mine but keep getting interupted! Mine is no where as beautiful as yours!
  • cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited May 2011
    That looks wonderful JK!!! Where on earth did you find the dress?
    edited May 2011
    Going out with style! :)

timeless6.jpg