Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Legacy house building contest - Winners announced!

AmberM66AmberM66 Posts: 904 New Member
Hi all! I'm finally getting some points and most of you have given me gifts so I wanna try doing a little building contest, the first place prize will be 300 points which you can use anyway you'd like, there will also be a second and third place prizes, both sponsored by Reach. Second place will be 200 points and third place will be 100 points.

I normally play legacies, but I've been getting pretty lazy with the building so I'd like for you amazing builders to is to build me a legacy house! I got a new computer and lost my old house and family so I'm starting from scratch :)

The house needs to include the following things:
-Master bedroom
-Nursery with 4 cribs
-Play room
-Girls room with 4 beds
-Boys room with 4 beds
-Laundry room
-Dining room
-Kitchen
-Living room
-Grandparents room
-Place for a garden
-Place for learning all other skills, including scuplting and inventing.
-Bathrooms
-Garage
-An office type room, with two computers and some empty desks for children to do homework.

Right now my family doesn't have that much money, BUT I'd like the house to be furnished completely, so as long as the house is around the $200,000 area it'll be okay. I'm willing to save up to live in a nice house. :wink:

RULES:
1. Absolutely no CC
2. You can use all current expansion pack items, but not from stuff packs.
3. You can use buydebug if needed.
4. You can also use your own patterns. But only if you provide the link to it and it's in your studio.
5. Your entry needs to be new and can't be submitted in any other contest.
6. No modern houses! sorry, just not my style at all :)

I'll be the one judging the houses and the one I like best will be the winner. I'm not sure if I'll be getting anymore points by the time this is over, but I may give out prizes just for entering.

I reserve the right to add/increase prizes or to add new criteria I want in the house.

The deadline has been changed and will now be May 28!

Entry form:
Username:
Lot name:
Lot price:
Link to your lot:
Number of floors:
Did you include everything I asked for?:
Anything else you want me to know:
Pictures:

If you have any questions please ask! :D

Comments

• AmberM66AmberM66 Posts: 904 New Member
    edited May 2011
    And the winner is.... Originalsim's Tudor Envy lot :)

Second place goes to Romagi's Heritage Haven

Last but definitely not least,third place goes to Sashraf's Sunset Manor Estate!

Please leave a message telling me what you want done with your points!

I'm gonna go gift mom2elias and pegasas1993 50 points for entering :)

Thanks for all of your entries! I enjoyed having a contest and will probably have another one soon! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GoukaGouka Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited April 2011
    Sounds interesting! I think I'd like to give it a shot if I have time. I recently redid my own legacy family's home because the sprawling one that was built while babies were being born was just a mess. Is there any minimum/maximum lot size you'd like?
    Gouka on The Sims 3
    edited April 2011
    Gouka wrote:
    Sounds interesting! I think I'd like to give it a shot if I have time. I recently redid my own legacy family's home because the sprawling one that was built while babies were being born was just a mess. Is there any minimum/maximum lot size you'd like?

The size of the lot doesn't matter to me. I'd like a bit of extra room, but I don't want a ton. So if you know about the size of house you're going to build, try to make it fit the lot nicely. :D
    edited April 2011
    Pressed quote instead of edit while editing the name... :oops:
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited April 2011
    Amber, congratulations on stepping out there with your very first competition. :D

I'd like to ask if you would consider something. We have a similar competition running at this time, hosted by our friend Paulio2 called Build a Dream Home. His competition is closing about one minute away from yours. What I'm asking, since he opened his competition on April 7, is if you might consider extending the close of your competition to perhaps, May 10th or even a bit later?

It takes a considerable amount of time to build a residence of the size you require and it seems like you might get a better response from our builders with some additional time, since these competitions are overlapping.

If you wouldn't mind doing that, I would be happy to add some sponsoring SimPoints so that you can offer a little more in prizes and perhaps another friend or two might kick in a bit more. What do you say? Would that work for you?
    edited April 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    Amber, congratulations on stepping out there with your very first competition. :D

I'd like to ask if you would consider something. We have a similar competition running at this time, hosted by our friend Paulio2 called Build a Dream Home. His competition is closing about one minute away from yours. What I'm asking, since he opened his competition on April 7, is if you might consider extending the close of your competition to perhaps, May 10th or even a bit later?

It takes a considerable amount of time to build a residence of the size you require and it seems like you might get a better response from our builders with some additional time, since these competitions are overlapping.

If you wouldn't mind doing that, I would be happy to add some sponsoring SimPoints so that you can offer a little more in prizes and perhaps another friend or two might kick in a bit more. What do you say? Would that work for you?

I didn't even think of that. But of course! I'll actually change the date to May 14th then. I know for sure I'm off that day :) Anything to help get more response! I'll go edit the info right now.
  • cherryberrybloocherryberrybloo Posts: 4,293 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I was hesitant to think about this, because I am elbow deep in a build for Paulio's contest. The extended time frame makes it more likely that I'll be able to come up with something for you. :) Hopefully I'll be dropping back by here with a house in a few weeks!
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited April 2011
    Oh
    might do it
    but like Bloo I'm working hard on Paulio's
    But if I don't make that date I can allways enter the house in your comp :lol:
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
    edited April 2011
    I was hesitant to think about this, because I am elbow deep in a build for Paulio's contest. The extended time frame makes it more likely that I'll be able to come up with something for you. :) Hopefully I'll be dropping back by here with a house in a few weeks!
    Okay!Sounds good :) let me know if there are any problems with the time, and I might change the date again because I want as many entries as possible- that goes for all of you 8)
    anettesb wrote:
    Oh
    might do it
    but like Bloo I'm working hard on Paulio's
    But if I don't make that date I can allways enter the house in your comp :lol:

Sounds good to me :)
    edited April 2011
    Anyone wanna do this? ):
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited April 2011
    Hi Amber,

I hope you get a lot of entry´s, and i think Reach's advice is good. Its a big house, and it will take some time to get it right. I have been looking at Paulio's competition too, and i love to build, but i just dont think i have the time to do it right now. So i just want to let you know that even though it might be slow right now, its a good competition and some people will fiend the time and start building.

I dont know if you want to be more specific about the type of house you like? A non modern can be a lot of types, and in order for you to get the house your really want, maybe you can say something about the style and colors you like, what kind of landscape your looking for etc. Or maybe your just open to see what comes and then its fine the way it is :)

Good luck! :)
    edited April 2011
    Stinalina wrote:
    Hi Amber,

I hope you get a lot of entry´s, and i think Reach's advice is good. Its a big house, and it will take some time to get it right. I have been looking at Paulio's competition too, and i love to build, but i just dont think i have the time to do it right now. So i just want to let you know that even though it might be slow right now, its a good competition and some people will fiend the time and start building.

I dont know if you want to be more specific about the type of house you like? A non modern can be a lot of types, and in order for you to get the house your really want, maybe you can say something about the style and colors you like, what kind of landscape your looking for etc. Or maybe your just open to see what comes and then its fine the way it is :)

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the advice! I really hope this goes somewhere haha. But yeah, as long as it isn't one of those really modern type houses that has a million windows and is all white, I'm open to anything. :)
    edited April 2011
    AmberM66 wrote:
    Thanks for the advice! I really hope this goes somewhere haha. But yeah, as long as it isn't one of those really modern type houses that has a million windows and is all white, I'm open to anything. :)

*cough* How about a plantation home that's mostly white? Of course, it's a very traditional style. Anyway, you're getting a plantation. *laughs* I've just finished the basic structure of my home and am about to lay out the different areas of the yard. You said "place for a garden" in the rules and I just wanted to confirm that this meant you didn't want any plants placed in it. Thanks!
    Gouka on The Sims 3
    edited April 2011
    Gouka wrote:
    AmberM66 wrote:

*cough* How about a plantation home that's mostly white? Of course, it's a very traditional style. Anyway, you're getting a plantation. *laughs* I've just finished the basic structure of my home and am about to lay out the different areas of the yard. You said "place for a garden" in the rules and I just wanted to confirm that this meant you didn't want any plants placed in it. Thanks!

Oh, that's fine ha. I just really hate modern homes. A plantation sounds cool though :) And, if you'd like to place plants on the lot it's up to. Either way works for me :)
    edited April 2011
    Thanks! I think I'll put plants on it as it will look complete and show where I intended things to go. You can always throw them out if you want the sims to have practice.
    Gouka on The Sims 3
  • godshelpiogodshelpio Posts: 1,675 Member
    edited April 2011
    sounds fun.. I am in.. I have no points to sponser.. but if i win i would like to donate them all to a good cause.. :) i love building BIG houses. :)
    edited April 2011
    Gouka wrote:
    Thanks! I think I'll put plants on it as it will look complete and show where I intended things to go. You can always throw them out if you want the sims to have practice.

Well I haven't been playing much since I've been so busy, and I'm kinda waiting for generations ahah. But I have a level 8 gardener in my house so he doesn't really need the practice. :P I'm super excited to see your house!
    godshelpio wrote:
    sounds fun.. I am in.. I have no points to sponser.. but if i win i would like to donate them all to a good cause.. :) i love building BIG houses. :)

Sounds good! Can't wait to see your house :)
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited April 2011
    Gouka! I love plantation style houses! When she posted this that was the first thing I thought of doing. Well, on with my thinking cap. :)
    edited April 2011
    Great minds! If you still do one, it would be interesting to see the differences!
    Gouka on The Sims 3
  • Mom2EliasMom2Elias Posts: 2,021
    edited April 2011
    I'm pretty new to the forums, but I've been playing Sims for a very long time. You mentioned no custom content; does that include items from the Store?

I may be interested in giving this a shot! I'm also with you on the ultra modern homes; they look cool, but I wouldn't want to live in one. = P
    edited April 2011
    Mom2Elias wrote:
    I'm pretty new to the forums, but I've been playing Sims for a very long time. You mentioned no custom content; does that include items from the Store?

I may be interested in giving this a shot! I'm also with you on the ultra modern homes; they look cool, but I wouldn't want to live in one. = P

You can use items from the store! That's no problem :)
    edited April 2011
    Amber, I finally have time to get started on this one! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
    edited April 2011
    romagi1 wrote:
    Amber, I finally have time to get started on this one! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

I'm glad you're getting started! I was getting worried everyone forgot about my little contest.
    edited April 2011
    Gouka...do you have yours done? I finally found a build I have started, after your evil lair I didn't want to try and compete with you in the same style. :mrgreen: