Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The clone challenge a new Sims 3 challenge - by Nicarra

I had a request to take the idea used to make my Hi Mum, it's Sammy blog into a challenge.

The results http://sammysimmie.blogspot.com/p/clone-challenge-so-you-want-to-run-some.html

The heart of the idea is that you will be using one Sim cloned multiple times. Make them as you like in CAS then drop the family bin copy into new neighborhoods for the clones. The clones can look different but they should all have the same personality. Money cheats are not allowed. And the clones have to have different goals in life, get different jobs, find different mates.

Clones are meant to be relatively short throwaway games. So it's a great time to test stuff. The Sam Grant clone at the time of this post is the first vampire I've run in the game. He's tested out many other ideas; and a few of the short term challenges (bachelor challenge and toddler mania.) He's had a husband in one clone as well as wives for most of the others. He's raised triplets and adopted children. He's my Sim for testing out a variety of things.

If you take the challenge, let me know. Be interesting to hear if anyone else does.
My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)

Comments

• Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    edited April 2011
    One little bumpy
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • seaweedyseaweedy Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited April 2011
    I think this is such an awesome challenge and I'm going to bookmark for something to do after my legacy.
    edited April 2011
    Thanks Seaweedy. :oops: :D

I don't know how it works as a challenge but I love my Sam clones and their many lives.
    edited April 2011
    Poor Sam, some clone lives get much rougher than others.

Clone 47 doesn't end well.
  • FeliciaB84FeliciaB84 Posts: 8,479 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Poor Sammy 47! :(

I feel so sorry for him, but he WAS evil, I guess. :wink:

You know, I am thinking of doing this with Venus in a different sort of way, since her story is about to come to a close. As I have been reading this I have been toying with an idea in my head, but I can't decide. I'll have to wait and see.
    edited April 2011
    FeliciaB84 wrote:
    Poor Sammy 47! :(

I feel so sorry for him, but he WAS evil, I guess. :wink:

You know, I am thinking of doing this with Venus in a different sort of way, since her story is about to come to a close. As I have been reading this I have been toying with an idea in my head, but I can't decide. I'll have to wait and see.
    First Sammy clone to ever turn evil. It didn't work out well for him. :cry:

But there have been lots of other Sammy clones and the average is a hard working happy Sim with family. :-)

Ohhh, That sounds interesting. Venus has been a laugh and a half doing Riverview her way! Toying with ideas is good. That's how Sammy clones started long long ago.
  • JENSJCH2000JENSJCH2000 Posts: 518 Member
    edited May 2011
    I think this is a great ideal. It's like a What If kind of deal. What if I started a family right after high school? What if I wanted to be a Fireman? What if I wanted to travel the world?
    And I am sure everyone has thought that once in their lifetime. What if I had done this instead of that?
    Well with your clones you can now find out!
    Very cool.
    Can wait to start my own clones.

A few questions;
    Do you play each clone in a different neighborhood or do you play in the same one?
    Also, what do you do with the old clone family?
    Do you delete them or do you have your new clone run into your old clone? :shock:
    I think that would make for one awesome story. :D
    edited May 2011
    I think this is a great ideal. It's like a What If kind of deal. What if I started a family right after high school? What if I wanted to be a Fireman? What if I wanted to travel the world?
    And I am sure everyone has thought that once in their lifetime. What if I had done this instead of that?
    Well with your clones you can now find out!
    Very cool.
    Can wait to start my own clones.

A few questions;
    Do you play each clone in a different neighborhood or do you play in the same one?
    Also, what do you do with the old clone family?
    Do you delete them or do you have your new clone run into your old clone? :shock:
    I think that would make for one awesome story. :D
    I use a new save for every clone. I use whatever neighborhood strikes my fancy. One clone Sam tested Bridgeport for me, another was the first in Twinbrook.

I actually still have most of the saves - so if I suddenly had a need to visit Sam 8 with his husband and two adopted children I could. I don't tend to except when testing that the newest EP/patch hasn't damaged anything.

I wouldn't recommend having clones meet in a game. There seems to be a hidden marker embedded in them so family ties could get really wonky.
  • JENSJCH2000JENSJCH2000 Posts: 518 Member
    edited May 2011
    Very cool. I will have to try this, but I wanted to start a new legacy. I guess I could start two different neighborhoods. If I get bored with one, I could switch back and forth between them.
    I think I will try this.
    Maybe, one of my clone could marry into the legacy house, and tell their side of the story of being involve with a legacy.
    edited May 2011
    That's what I do with Sam. I play a new clone as one save while I have other long term games as other saves. So I swap to the clone when the other games are feeling a bit stale.

I'm not quite sure how you could have a clone in a legacy without them simply ending up as part of the legacy. But it's not against the rules if you really want to do it.
    edited May 2011
    small bump
  • Rhett9Rhett9 Posts: 9,870 Member
    edited May 2011
    I use the sim in my avatar for everything.He is going to be starring in a rainbowcy,A regular legacy and a Ebony and Ivory legacy I plan to do.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited May 2011
    I use my Eddie for so many games, but he never gets a bad life ... I don't think I could do it to him. I am a wuss where Eddie is concerned :P
    edited May 2011
    Rhett9 wrote:
    I use the sim in my avatar for everything.He is going to be starring in a rainbowcy,A regular legacy and a Ebony and Ivory legacy I plan to do.
    Wow, it takes me a year to do a generation...I couldn't do that many legacies.
    edited May 2011
    I plan on starting them when I get generations.And since he is my favorite sim I plan to use him for it all.He is the best born in game sim I have had.
    edited May 2011
    Sam Grant is my chosen Sim to clone. My best and most interesting CAS ever.

He has founded two families that are nearly legacies. But he's also done so very much more.
    edited May 2011
    I mainly chose Alex because of his interesting birth I had just gotten master control and was playing around with it I had my male sim as my active sim and I accidentally pollinated Mortimer with him producing my avatar
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited May 2011
    Rhett9 wrote:
    I mainly chose Alex because of his interesting birth I had just gotten master control and was playing around with it I had my male sim as my active sim and I accidentally pollinated Mortimer with him producing my avatar

And a handsome avatar he is indeed! :D
    edited May 2011
    Mikezumi wrote:
    Rhett9 wrote:

:) You are very fond of Mort's children aren't you?

He is a handsome Avie
    edited May 2011
    Nicarra60 wrote:
    Mikezumi wrote:
    Rhett9 wrote:

:) You are very fond of Mort's children aren't you?

He is a handsome Avie

Thanks I have decided to do this when I get generations.So that brings me to doing this one baby challenge and two legacies I must be nuts.
    edited June 2011
    Just time for a little bouncy.

I found in Carl's Sims 3 forums someone who started a Clone challenge
    I found another who is just using/abusing Sam. :)
    edited July 2011
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/401415.page

Clone to watch for.

And do keep an eye on the original

http://sammysimmie.blogspot.com/ Sam Grant - whichever clone we happen to be on. :)
    edited August 2011
    Time for a little bump.

Anyone else definitely recycling a Sim via clones?
  • itsjulieitsjulie Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited September 2011
    I really love this idea - I have quite a collection of favourite sims and love a chance to get to play with them and this challenge could just be right up my street.

But I have this one sim a certain sunset townie - Marty Keaton - who I just can not get enough of - he has appeared in two of my Wishacy's and he sits in my bin and tests everything out for me.

I can be cruel if I need to be as Justine Keaton always finds out the minute I start off a new sunset file - she is either murdered (by me :shock: ) or cheated on and divorced :roll:

This chalenge will give me the perfect opportunity to play with Marty forever :lol: and blog it too which I enjoy doing.

So you can safely say this is a definate one for me and I will be doing your clone challenge very very soon :D
    tcbforum.gif

100 Little Weeds - 100 baby challenge

edited September 2011
    Good luck to Marty.

You were right, I don't notice this forum thread too often, I hadn't been to the forum for days. But your new blog is listed now.