Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Timeless Beauties Calendar Girls: The Future Is Out There *SCORING IN PROGRESS*

1959 Grease Scores

Because of our first elimination :cry: scores have been posted first.

We would like to apologise for our lack of absence and making you wait this long. Both of us have forum and very frustrating real life issues.
Honestly we feel like really crappy hosts for not being here for you guys but we'll try harder! (However we can achieve this with limited forum access lol)

From Seren: Hi everyone! First let me say I am so pleased with this rounds pictures, you've all done such a great job. Second, I feel I owe you an explanation as to why i am not here. I am not here because I can't log in. I have tried multiple computers with no luck. I have also upped my internet service plan hoping that would get me in and I still can not get in. It is not that I don't want to be here, I do, I just can't log into the forums section of EA. I can however log into the store ( lol) so, prizes will still be given out even if you can't see me doing it!

Only seren and I scored this round as Pixie's laptop is broken :?

Congrats to cupcake for winning the round!!! And congrats to all of our Calendar Girls because you keep making it harder every round for us to judge!!!

1st cupcake 200
14326nt.jpg

seren
Creativity/Topic: 40/40
Setting: 35/35
Overall: 20/20
Pose: 5/5
Total: 100/100
Comments: I think you've made Hush a very happy girl with this picture! You capture the scene just right. I am amazed at the extras in the background, they look spectacular but do not take focus away from your model. Our calendar's expression fits the mood perfectly. What a fantastic job!

hush
Comments: Squeee!! cupcake, you know the way to this Grease fans heart! I thought maybe this scene would be hard to pull off as there is a lot of white and that can make it a bit bare and empty but you, you just got it! The uncertainty is written clearly on Sarafiena's (Frenchy's) face and the girls in the background look so glamorous with the red lippy contrasting against the white but of course I'm brought back to the pink :D The extra touch of the bubbles and the white booth, it's so similar it's spooky! But good spooky, very good spooky. My fav this round!!

Tie For 2nd!

amiee 199

onedone.jpg

seren
Creativity/Topic: 39/40
Total: 99/100
Comments: Amiee, I am so proud of you for stepping up and making this round your own. I love this picture! I love the glowy bloom effect and how the pink car seems to glow with life behind the black of her leather outfit. Our Calender Girl is a baad girl this week and it looks great on her. Great job!

hush
Comments: Amiee, Amiee, Amiee. Where did this come from? Where has this creative brilliance been hiding? Bring it out girl!! I want more from this Amiee!! Totally blown away by this. Love the twist of the Pink Lighting and it looks hawt! Great attitude from your leather Calendar Girl and her little entourage of cheerleaders in the background. Everything was just perfect in this picture Amiee, take a bow because you truly earned it!!

JK 199
eivx3t.jpg

seren
Comments: This is just fantastic! I didn't even need your inspiration picture to know where you were going with this! This so looks like it could be a movie poster for Grease. I love the look of your Calendar Girl in this pic. It's fun to see what a chameleon she is and how well she can adapt to each task we've given her. Truly fantastic!

hush
Overall: 19/20
Comments: She sure makes a convincing Danny and I'm sooo glad you went there JK!! It's always great to see variety in a model, that she can bend any situation to her credit. Oh, the logo in the corner, stroke of genius! Love the film strips too!

3rd is poida 197
timeless_assign8.jpg

seren
Setting: 33/35
Total: 98/100
Comments: Poida poida poooida, I knew you'd go there, I just knew it and you sure did! Flying cat's aside I hope that's not my simself, but I have the feeling that it may just be. I love this picture and that you are willing to take risks. So far your risks are paying off. I did take a couple of points off because the setting whilst lovely isn't really 1950's enough for me and it looks like this scene could have happened in any era (and I'm pretty sure it has). If you had had a cameo profile in black and white of a girl and boy on the wall and a few more frills everywhere this would have helped in your score. Overall FANTASTIC!

hush
Comments: I can only guess that is Seren and I practising for our big debut? Else, I have nfi! My, my, that brain never stops ticking, does it poida? You always bring the most out of the box ideas to the table and I always want seconds! Aw poor Skye and gee, how incredibly awkward for her. I like the blandness to it (that is a compliment!), very earthy but I had to take a point off because the setting doesn't give me a hint of the time/decade. Of course, awesomeness as always!!

Sun 196
2ywiquv.jpg

seren
Creativity/Topic: 38/40
Comments: Oh, yellow is my favorite colour and our Calender Girl sure looks pretty in it! I wish I could give you more points on setting because this looks just like how I would imagine a 50's school dance to be decorated. I can't get over my giggles at how much your model looks like Sandra Dee and her partner looks like the John Travolta Character. Over all I think you've done a fantastic job !

hush
Setting: 34/35
Comments: Bravo to the person who made that John Travolta! And great idea grabbing him Sun! What were you worried about?? Look how absolutely darling she is in that yellow number, all Sandra Dee-ish!! The hanging decorations, the love heart bubbles, balloons, the 50's extras... it's truly brilliant Sun and you should be very pleased with yourself and your creativity!!

Bliss 195
sunasgreasesmall.jpg

seren
Overall: 18/20
Comments: Oh this is a great shot. I love the clean lines and that you're really showing off our Calendar Girl. her expression is too funny and she soo looks like she could fit in with the bad girls. You took a risk with how stylized this pic is, because we can't really place it time wise, but I can clearly see where you are heading (and where you went) and I think this was a risk that paid off. Fantastic.

hush
Total: 97/100
Comments: Fantastic use of bold colours here. They jump out straight away against the crisp, white background. Although the fashion isn't really 50s(and I'm sorry but I had to take a few points off for it), it works though, you made it work and it is fierce! Love your models self assured pouting, the girls look like they rule in everything!

simslover 194
2n9NSl.jpg

seren
Setting: 34/35
Comments: I love the idea behind your picture! I also adore the pose, you captured the moment just at the right time. i wish though that we were a little closer up to our Calender girl so that we could her. If this picture were mine, I would have cropped it closer to the couple and added some up lighting to really show them off. But I think you've done a good job and really enjoyed your picture.

hush
Setting: 32/35
Comments: I know there's no weather in the game besides 7 day sunshine but I totally feel the twilight dusk of a summer night in your picture. It's sublime! Pose is darling <3 Digging the font of the text too! I would have given you a perfect score if I could see more of your model up close, as she is supposed to be the focus. I'm more drawn the perfect setting of the horizon.

simsolated 193
2hxruja.jpg

seren
Setting: 32/35
Comments: I love the balloons on the dance floor and that they actually look like they are dancing. The hair fits our time period just right. You've done a great job editing our Calender Girl into the scene. Because we are so far out from our model, I wish there were a little more going on in the background, more dancers and the like. but this is such a good job!

hush
Total: 96/100
Comments: Those poses are just epically awesome simsolated! Timed perfectly that it even looks like one of the dances from the 50s :D Fashion style is spot on and that's an amazing background you've found! However for a dance, there kinda should be other people dancing. They look isolated in that big hall by themselves, I'm drawn to that empty space. Still a fantastic effort simsolated, always impressed with your editing!

Eliminated
Unfortunately, this was an elimination round and we're sorry to say but simsolated, you have been eliminated. sad0125.gif
Seren and I have been consistently floored by the quality of your editing each round. Thankew so much for joining our first cycle, being patient with us and just having an awesome attitude!! We heartily encourage you to lurk and hope to see a new Calendar Girl of yours in the second cycle!!!
Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
screenshot-3jj.jpg

Comments

• Options
    hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    edited April 2011
    24eawdt.jpg

Welcome To The World Of Tomorrow!!

Sorry for the X Files lead in, no aliens. We're talking about the future. More specifically, your Calendar Girls fashion style in the future.

It's October, year 5723! How has the world evolved? Have we advanced or gone more primitive?
    Of course, more importantly, what is your Calendar Girl wearing?

Space suits?
    buck_rogers_image__1_.jpg

wilma.jpg

A man's fantasy?
    barbarella13.jpg

5ai8b4.jpg

Zev--Eva-Habermann--lexx-258744_150_242.jpg

xev-bellringer.jpg

tumblr_kqr09gHQho1qzutyzo1_400.jpg

Buns?

amidala2_bg.jpg

dmxm55.jpg

Or maybe your future, recycled the past?

3857876523_7b01422246.jpg

firefly-shindig.jpg

serenity2_wideweb__430x287,0.jpg

(Lol, as if we would pass up a chance to reference Firefly/Serenity, it's in our names!!)

Theme: The Future- Go as out there/crazy creative as you want!! But remember, your Calendar Girl has to pull off glam in it!!!
    Year/Month: 5723 October.

What you'll be judged on

Does your Calendar Girl represent the future fashion of the year 5723?

Is your Calendar Girl standing out from the crowd, or blending into the background?

Are the walls up or down? We'd prefer to see walls up, where they should be.

Are those pesky thought bubbles showing?

Are any extras in your picture behaving themselves?

RULES
    1. Please be kind to each other, rudeness will not be tolerated.
    2. No face plastering of any kind.
    3. We will give extensions when needed, but to make it fair, we ask that you let us know TWO days before the due date, so others can take advantage of the extension. However, we will take into account things such as Patches and game issues ( we know you can not plan those issues)
    4. No major changes to model once submitted, unless we allow for it in an assignment. The exception to this rule is CC skin, if skin is causing your game to have issues, I do not mind if you need to change it, just please try to keep it close to the original colour. I will also make exceptions on a case to case basis. ( I understand CC can go wonky) We request that eye colour stay the same, but if you need to remove CC eyes or contacts, that's fine.
    5. Hair colour and make up can be changed at any time, it's up to you!

Scoring:

Scoring will be a 100 point process.

Creativity/Topic: /40
    Setting: /35
    Overall: /20
    Pose: /5
    Total: /100
    Comments:

Judges:

seren
    hush
    pixie

Future Calendar Girls
    FifthElement148.jpeg
    JKAmaryllis vulcan.gif
    Bliss87 vulcan.gif
    simslover740 vulcan.gif
    cupcake vulcan.gif
    Sun2401 vulcan.gif
    Amieechu vulcan.gif
    poida217 vulcan.gif

Seen It cyclops.gif
    Turned In vulcan.gif
    Dropped/No Show darkside.gif

Tips and Tricks!

Ctrl + Shift + C to open cheat box, then press enter after typing what you want.
    Hiding speech bubbles, skill bars and plumbbobs
    Type: hideheadlineeffects on
    Moving sims/objects
    Type: moveobjects on
    Unlocking outfits and hair
    Type: unlockoutfits on
    Unlocking expansion objects
    Type: buydebug on
    Type /help for any other commands.

In Game Camera Angles!

TAB-Puts the game into Cameraman mode, allowing better and more control of the camera, and removing the blue user interface. Make sure you are in live mode before going into Cameraman mode or you will see grid lines on the ground and floating where floor tiles may be placed.
    W moves the camera forward.
    S moves it backward.
    A moves the camera left.
    D moves it right.
    Q lowers the camera angle.
    E raises it.
    Z Zoom in.
    X Zoom out.
    SHIFT plus A rotates camera angle left.
    SHIFT plus D rotates camera angle right.
    SHIFT plus S resets the camera.

DUE DATE: SUNDAY 17TH APRIL
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    HURRAH for me accessing the forums!! For-however-long-this-brief-access-will-last-and-it-is-1:45am-and-I-have-never-ending-work-again-tomorrow!!
    tumblr_lg2z9ys7qf1qacbaw.gif
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • Options
    simslover740simslover740 Posts: 3,100
    edited April 2011
    Yay! Still safe thank god. Gotta work hard :)
  • Options
    JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited April 2011
    omigawd this is going to be so fun!
    jz8tDGb.png
    Steam: JKAmaryllis
  • Options
    simlishtrsimlishtr Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited April 2011
    bad luck :( eleminated
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Bliss87Bliss87 Posts: 5,865 Member
    edited April 2011
    seen it
  • Options
    amieechuamieechu Posts: 947 Member
    edited April 2011
    Eeeeee! I've been waiting for this assignment! Oh and thanks for the scores :D<3

One last thing: Fifth Element + Leelo <333
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    We're so sorry we had to let you go simsolated! But this is a competition and someone has to go each time :cry:
    Glad you guys are excited for this round!

amieechu wrote:

Multipass! Lol I really wanted to use this as an example of future fashion xD
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view2/1608152/ruby-fifth-element-o.gif[/img]
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • Options
    Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited April 2011
    simsolated wrote:
    bad luck :( eleminated

bye simsolated :cry: you will be missed.
  • Options
    PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I <3 the Lexx pictures in the examples

and the Firefly ones....but more the Lexx ones hehe
  • Options
    amieechuamieechu Posts: 947 Member
    edited April 2011
    amieechu wrote:

Multipass! Lol I really wanted to use this as an example of future fashion xD
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view2/1608152/ruby-fifth-element-o.gif[/img]
    Rofl, He was also one of my faves! I think his outfit summed it up pretty well xD
  • Options
    poida217poida217 Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited April 2011
    I decided to allocate myself a bonus three points for bamboozling the judges as to the identity of the two sims in the background. In case you were wondering, the one in the floral PJs is Alice, and the one in the green top is Catt. The closest thing to someone's simself is Skye... that can be the new mystery for the day :P

*Insert official "Seen it" confirmation text here*

(geez, I've had to edit this twice, I'm definitely not feeling well >_< )
    24891575472_e27b0a3fc3_o.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hmmm this assignment is harder than i thought it would be...

I have the outfit all ready, but the setting has me stumped right now ><
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Bliss87 wrote:
    Hmmm this assignment is harder than i thought it would be...

I have the outfit all ready, but the setting has me stumped right now ><

same here
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Can't wait for entries this round. :3
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I think I've found some CC that might have inspired something.. We'll see lol
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [img]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5069/5618178233_d2446af530_o.jpg "width=640"[/img]
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5069/5618178233_d2446af530_o.jpg

Just to explain where I was going here:
    I wanted a bit of Amidala Star Wars fashion with a strange... futuristic earthy Greco-Roman feel. Maybe I have too many elements jumbling it up xD
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Almost done with mine :) Should be up tonight :)
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited April 2011
    [img]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5069/5618178233_d2446af530_o.jpg "width=640"[/img]
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5069/5618178233_d2446af530_o.jpg

Just to explain where I was going here:
    I wanted a bit of Amidala Star Wars fashion with a strange... futuristic earthy Greco-Roman feel. Maybe I have too many elements jumbling it up xD

I LIKE. :]
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I dunno what you're stressing about JK, I think you've done a great job. I reckon it looks like something you'd see in Star Trek, or Serenity... :D

Will have my monstrosity uploaded soon.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    timeless_assign9.jpg

October 8

It had been my intention to kick back and relax last night, but the gravity circuits in my apartment malfunctioned, and I got to spend the next three hours floating about, crashing into various pieces of drifting furniture. That part wasn't so bad, it was when the circuitry was fixed that was the worst bit, considering I was eighteen feet above the floor at the time.

I go in for surgery on my broken ankles soon, hopefully the gravity circuits in the operating theatre are better than the ones in my apartment...
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Assignment: The future is out there

Model: Sun

Created by: Bliss

Photo:

sunfuturesmall.png

Plz judge larger image:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u192/taralynn168705/Sims3/sunfuturelarge.png

Description: Year 5723, Sun was forced to use her DNA to make part robot part human assassins. They were trained in secret underground labortories by scientist and the U.S military. These H-Bots were part of an alliance to defend the last remaining humans on earth. Computers had taken over earth and Sun was earths last hope. :)
  • Options
    simslover740simslover740 Posts: 3,100
    edited April 2011
    HYk1y.jpg
    Far into the future, a special machine has been made to travel time. A worrier watches over, ready to fight.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Holy crudmonkeys the awesomesauce entries have rolled in <3

And totally won't complain about having my entry compared to serenity :D

My husband actually turned me into a huge farscape fan :o can't seem to find any Farscape fans out there though *cries*

Edit: and thanks Dyl and Poida <3
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    :shock:wow lots at the same time and they are all great!
    I have 3 things due this Sun, gonna be a busy weekend!