Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

has the sims become too adult?

Anyone feel that late night and generations is taking the sims to a completely different place. It seems its becoming much darker now and has lost it's childish charm. The teen years in generations look like it's all about parting and drinking which seems way out of touch with the sims series and the neighborhoods are becoming much more realistic and gloomy like twinbrook. :lol:

Comments

• Options
    manawa_kahamanawa_kaha Posts: 82 Member
    edited April 2011
    I thought from the trailer it looked as though the teen years were mostly getting pranks added, and throwing parties while the parents are away, but I didn't see anyone drinking there - maybe I didn't look close enough though :-)
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited April 2011
    Heh heh, Twinbrook is my favorite town! I love the eerie fog (my favorite season is winter and I would love to see rain and snow in the game).

Anyhow, I'm an older adult, but I don't think Generations looks too "adult" to me, but I see what you mean about the partying. I think that was only meant to depict a bachelor party though.

Late Night looks all in good fun too, even though I didn't install it. I don't like vampires, but it's all in how you play the game. You can still keep it lighthearted and fun.
  • Options
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    edited April 2011
    I prefer the game like this. We all grown up from the sims 1 and I love the game as it is now :)

Manawa: look at the stripers and the champagne, they even puke in the video :)
  • Options
    gembrett101gembrett101 Posts: 2,578 New Member
    edited April 2011
    There wasn't any underage drinking going on, but there does seem to be some dancers and hangovers added into the mix...
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited April 2011
    No don't think so, i also love Twinbrook it's the closet thing we have to weather with the foggy mist! As an adult i think they have the mixture just right. :D
  • Options
    MurfMurf Posts: 369 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Yes in my opinion it is becoming too adult. They brought in nectar which is just another word for wine, they brought in bars with so-called "Juice" which can't be just juice because kids can't have it. Now dancers showering you with nectar and sims passing out and puking in toilets, how is it still teen rated :roll:. Why don't EA just make an EP about getting drunk, they obviously want to :lol:.

P.S. I actually like realistic neighborhoods like Twinbrook. I'd love to see more.
  • Options
    gembrett101gembrett101 Posts: 2,578 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Nothing like a really annoying troll post to make this thread awkward.
  • Options
    MurfMurf Posts: 369 New Member
    edited April 2011
    {ignore this post}
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    KolbyKolby Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited April 2011
    Actually the childish parts are what people DON'T want. The charm of Sims 1 was it's adult themes. It's good to see these come back. I'm sick of the babyness.
  • Options
    aaronrogers8i3aaronrogers8i3 Posts: 555 Member
    edited April 2011
    hopefully the moderators will delete it. I absolutely agree about twinbrook. I do like it as It's very mysterious but it would be nice to haveanother brightly colored neighborhood.
    It's not so much that drinking or strippers are in the game its how they are executed. they are executed in a very adult manner unlike the funny cake dancer in the sims house party :-)
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited April 2011
    While kids can't drink the juice or Nectar it doesn't give sims hangovers or anything like that; what you saw in the trailer (passed out sims and vomiting) was most likely staged.
  • Options
    arkhyelarkhyel Posts: 604 Member
    edited April 2011
    Sims 3 too adult? :shock: Never!
  • Options
    DancerBakerSimLoveDancerBakerSimLove Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited April 2011
    ghxfgzdf, please stop. As you can see, with your eyes :shock: , no one cares about what you are saying, you are just trolling on the forums. Please don't post this anymore, no one CARES! :evil:
  • Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited April 2011
    Sims 1 seems more adult themed than Sims 3 is.
  • Options
    HenryFlemingHenryFleming Posts: 104
    edited April 2011
    ghxfgzdf, please stop. As you can see, with your eyes :shock: , no one cares about what you are saying, you are just trolling on the forums. Please don't post this anymore, no one CARES! :evil:

Replying to the troll is what it wants. Just ignore and move on.

On topic, I'm not sure. Yeah, it's watered down, but if it's full-strength, I would be turned away from the series and EA wouldn't get my money.
  • Options
    LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited April 2011
    Lol, The Sims original game had way more adult themes. The Sims 3 is way more toned down.
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited April 2011
    As a more mature simmer I like the more mature aspects of the game BUT I also like the fun bits too and just looking at the trailers it seems like both are being added.
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    softballgirly22softballgirly22 Posts: 424 New Member
    edited April 2011
    No. I like how it is becoming more realistic.
  • Options
    FeliciaB84FeliciaB84 Posts: 8,479 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I believe that I have said this many times - the original sims game was fun, funny, and risque without being raunchy. They would push the limits - and I liked that. I played it as a teenager, and never thought it was too adult. In the same respect, I have played it as an adult and didn't think it was childish.

As an adult, I think the TS3 does not have the sense of humor and fun that the previous games had. It is very serious. I can't wait for it to take a silly turn, that is what I have been waiting on. :)

I don't think that there is anything terribly adult about Late Night or Generations (that I have seen). I mean, it includes a bunch of kiddie stuff. :lol: I think the best thing to remember is that it is rated "T," not "E."
  • Options
    PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited April 2011
    wow you guys are wusses, I seen much darker stuff in games
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited April 2011
    I don't think it's too adult. I even let my 10 year old son play ... not that he's really interested, because he'd rather shoot at things :lol:
  • Options
    PandacoffeePandacoffee Posts: 702 Member
    edited April 2011
    I think (young) adult sims should be able to get drunk. It annoys me when they want drink after drink after drink. :|
  • Options
    simsdivagirlchicksimsdivagirlchick Posts: 2,298 Member
    edited April 2011
    Kolby wrote:
    Actually the childish parts are what people DON'T want. The charm of Sims 1 was it's adult themes. It's good to see these come back. I'm sick of the babyness.
    Yep I agree
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited April 2011
    If you think TS3 is to adult.. then TS1 must be for elders! :lol: I mean, what we all loved was the adultness of TS1 (and 2). There were girls jumping out of cakes back then, so why not Bachelor parties now?
  • Options
    hag1TSOTSOhag1TSOTSO Posts: 2,863 New Member
    edited April 2011
    I wouldn't say that the series is getting "darker", but I would say that some things that were added are more grown up, such as the questionable lingerie and counter/table-top dancing in Late Night. However, the game is still teen fiendly. I'm looking forward to the cake dancers' return in Generations, who (to my knowledge) spray nectar, not real champagne. :wink: