Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a question

kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
I have tried all day to use the search function, but I keep getting the Liam page saying the site is undergoing maintenance so I need to ask.
When you draw your lot, a little yellow sphere appears in one of the corners. Does it matter what corner it ends up concerning the direction of the front of the lot? Is the sphere just to have a place to use the move and rotate tool or does it have another function? I have tried to draw a lot starting in all 4 corners and the sphere always ends up in the back left corner of the lot. I do not want that to be registered as the front so I was worried that I could not get the sphere to appear in the front. Any informmation would be welcome as I could not find any reference to it in the tutorial stickies at the top of the forum.

thank you
kim :D
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited March 2011
    Hi Kimjo :D

It designates the corner of the lot the ingame pic will be from when you put the lot in your bin, or upload. If the lot is completely flat, I will rotate the lot so it is on the road side of the lot. Depending on your grid, it only shows up on two of the four sides, depending where you start the first line of your lot. I just play with it till I get to know in each world I'm working on where it will end up if I start at a certain point. So, on one side of the road I have them all set down so it's on the road, the other side I have to rotate. Did that make any sense? :lol:

Of coarse you don't have to do it at all, it's kind of and OCD thing I think. LOL
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    auntielynds

Thank you sooooo much. I have searched every post and stickie I thought might have the answer to no avail! The lot I am trying to place is not on grid and is set back from a curved part of a back road and I was afraid the lot entrance would not be where I wanted it.

Thank You again so much :D

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited March 2011
    It should be just fine where ever it ends up.

You should ask sooner, if you can't find it in the Faq. The EA search function is so undependable, I barely use it anymore.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    auntielynds

I try never to ask until I have searched. I started using CAW way back when it first came out. I searched almost everything I had a question for. Usually it was not a problem to find answers. Also I did not want Regina to call me lazy!!!! :lol::lol::lol: And as it were, she or Rflong were usually the ones with the answers posted anyway!!In fact, eons ago you and Rflong showed me how to post pics here! I am a computer knob!Thankfully I have you here now! I have read alot of you posts/answers to posts and always find them so helpful!

Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited March 2011
    Aw, Kim, am I really that bad? :lol: AND I don't have anything of much relevance to add to the thread but how are you? {{{hug}}}

I ended up giving up on the forum search here because there are way too many irrelevant results and I don't think the whole forum gets searched anyway. I only use Google if I absolutely have to but I use Good Search with good results most of the time.

Even so, this seems like a pretty obscure question. Has anyone even asked it before? I'm glad you did, though, because I've always wondered what those knobs were for and now I know! :D
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oh Hello Regina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have noticed you here a little more often of late! So glad!

And no you are NOT bad!! I remember seeing you answer the same question 10 times and it would be something that was very easy to find if some one had just bothered to look. Actually it use to make me laugh! I loved it!

This forum/site is such an absolute joke sometimes. There is always one part or another that is not working right. It is never completely functionable!! So annoying!

Hope things are well for you!!

Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited March 2011
    They're not too bad, Kim. I at least get to be home now and as much as I dislike where I live there ARE worse places! Spending most of the winter where there are three feet of snow wasn't my idea of a good time. I have the new forum for CS3 installed and I think it's working as it should. I've been slowly bringing people over while we check stuff out and I think this next week I'll see if I can get a few more to trickle over so I can make sure things are working as they should. There's still so much more to do with that site but I'm still in the midst of taking care of my sister's junk so I'll plug along on the site as time allows. I decided this afternoon to work on my world for a while, just about have the retexturing finished on the White Downs. I decided months ago that it needed to be larger and got the sculpting done but that was as far as it went. Of course I'm very, very slow at terrain painting so stuff takes me a long time.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)