Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Timeless Beauties Calendar Girls: Grease Is The Word *Closed For Scoring*

Calendargirlsassignmentupdate.jpg

Welcome once again to another round of Timeless Beauties!

Being the sweethearts(are too!) that seren and I are, we decided with all the forum issues and contestants having computer problems, we wouldn't eliminate anyone from last round :mrgreen:

So you can all fully enjoy/loathe this rounds year and theme....

300abg1.gif
For those who haven't seen the movie, this review in a minute should bring you up to speed.

Yes it's the time and the place for Grease! August, 1959 and your Calendar Girls have joined Rydell High. Time to start singing about your summer lovin, with the girls singing about romance (Like does he have a car?) and the boys exaggerating (I saved her life, she nearly drowned).
n51xet.jpg

Now we're going to let you have complete free reign here. Your girls can be a pinup of one of the characters, replicate a scene(maybe an alternative?), just a student, anything you want! Just as long as your fashion/set keeps to the year, month and theme!

So, will your Calendar Girl be a keep your filthy paws off my silky drawers Sandy?
Grease_Olivia-Newton-John_Peach-Dress-Close.bmp.jpg

Or tart it up, with bye-morals-I-need-to-make-my-friends-and-boyfriend-like-me Sandy?
Sandra-Dee-Grease.jpg

Maybe the Pink Ladies, Rizzo, Marty, Jan or Frenchy?
11rsw9z.jpg

1950's Cheerleaders?
9i7mzn.jpg

Greasing it up with the T-Birds Danny, Kenickie, Sonny, Doody and Putzie?
grease7599.jpg

Fantasing in your silver jump suits that your crappy car will be a real um... kitty wagon?
draft_lens6140292module48614982photo_1248747047grease_lighting.jpg

Doing the Hand Jive? *snicker*
2.jpg

Whatever you choose, make sure it goes together like rama lama lama ka dinga da ding-dong! (yes, that is the lyric, I did not just make that up!)

grease_l.jpg
Assignment 8

Theme: Grease
Year/Month: 1959, August.

What you'll be judged on

Did you keep to the Grease theme and 1950s fashion?

Is your Calendar Girl standing out from the crowd, or blending into the background?

Are the walls up or down? We'd prefer to see walls up, where they should be.

Are those pesky thought bubbles showing?

Are any extras in your picture behaving themselves?

RULES
1. Please be kind to each other, rudeness will not be tolerated.
2. No face plastering of any kind.
3. We will give extensions when needed, but to make it fair, we ask that you let us know TWO days before the due date, so others can take advantage of the extension. However, we will take into account things such as Patches and game issues ( we know you can not plan those issues)
4. No major changes to model once submitted, unless we allow for it in an assignment. The exception to this rule is CC skin, if skin is causing your game to have issues, I do not mind if you need to change it, just please try to keep it close to the original colour. I will also make exceptions on a case to case basis. ( I understand CC can go wonky) We request that eye colour stay the same, but if you need to remove CC eyes or contacts, that's fine.
5. Hair colour and make up can be changed at any time, it's up to you!

Scoring:

Scoring will be a 100 point process.

Creativity/Topic: /40
Setting: /35
Overall: /20
Pose: /5
Total: /100
Comments:

Judges:

seren
hush
pixie
Simpixie

Calendar Girls
2ptebns.jpg

JKAmaryllis party0011.gif
Bliss87 party0011.gif
simslover740 party0011.gif
cupcake party0011.gif
Simsolated party0011.gif
Sun2401 party0011.gif
Amieechu party0011.gif
poida217 party0011.gif

Seen It jukebox.gif
Turned In party0011.gif
Dropped convertible.gif

Tips and Tricks!

Ctrl + Shift + C to open cheat box, then press enter after typing what you want.
Hiding speech bubbles, skill bars and plumbbobs
Type: hideheadlineeffects on
Moving sims/objects
Type: moveobjects on
Unlocking outfits and hair
Type: unlockoutfits on
Unlocking expansion objects
Type: buydebug on
Type /help for any other commands.

In Game Camera Angles!

TAB-Puts the game into Cameraman mode, allowing better and more control of the camera, and removing the blue user interface. Make sure you are in live mode before going into Cameraman mode or you will see grid lines on the ground and floating where floor tiles may be placed.
W moves the camera forward.
S moves it backward.
A moves the camera left.
D moves it right.
Q lowers the camera angle.
E raises it.
Z Zoom in.
X Zoom out.
SHIFT plus A rotates camera angle left.
SHIFT plus D rotates camera angle right.
SHIFT plus S resets the camera.

DUE DATE: MONDAY 28TH MARCH
grease-d.jpg
Good Luck!!
Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
screenshot-3jj.jpg

Comments

• hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    edited March 2011
    Scores For The Rosie Riveter 1942 Round!

1st was cupcake Total 297
    Screenshot-156-1.jpg
    seren
    Creativity/Topic: 40/40
    Setting: 35/35
    Overall: 20/20
    Pose: 5/5
    Total: 100/100
    Comments: This so embodies everything I hoped this assignment could be. Your calendar girl is glowing and catches the attention just amazingly, even though there is so much going on in this pic. It's a moment in time pic which I love. I can just picture this being a newspaper article pic of women taking up tools to help the forces over seas! Fantastic!

hush
    Comments: The one thing that always jumps out at me and demands me to focus in every picture is her eyes. Which brings me directly to her old Hollywood look. Even here, she looks immaculately primped and poised. Great use of that pose btw! Love the added extras, they each have a satisfied expression that convey yes, they can do it. Truly what I would expect to find on a promotional poster for that year. Bravo.

pixie
    Creativity/Topic: 39/40
    Setting: 34/35
    Overall: 19/20
    Total: 97/100
    Comments: I loved how you used extras, there poses were great but your model's still stood out! Love the year and month <3 and your put "We can do it!" on there and it worked. The lighting on your model was great and the grainy effet was nice too but I wish the setting looked more like somewhere to work rather than school desks with pens on them xD

2nd was JKAmaryllis Total 294
    5478736870_bb15a3db75_o.jpg
    seren
    Comments: You've done it again. This comp you just keep delivering and this week is no different! As Miss Tyra would say your model is Smiling With Her Eyes. Even though your model is yawning from a hard day at work, her eyes are vivid and engaging and so is this picture. Perfect!

hush
    Pose: 4/5
    Total: 99/100
    Comments: Gah! That conveyor belt jaw-dropping.gif Holy macaroni!! Sooo much details here JK! Your picture pops with extras and colourful clarity. I wish there was something more to her posing, maybe it's the shadow of the lighting, I don't know but still, it's an amazing picture.

pixie
    Creativity/Topic: 38/40
    Overall5 19/20
    Total: 95/100
    Comments: This was good, the colours popped out at me, and the setting really made this picture for me. YEY you have year and month (Oh how I love that <3) Your model's pose was good to, she wasn't doing much but it fit.

3rd was poida217 Total 291
    timeless_assignment7.jpg
    seren
    Overall: 15/20
    Comments: Poida, Poida, Poida! Every time I look at this pic I burst out with giggles. Mate, I dunno what to say to you! I love that this is so creative and it's so so so funny. I keep laughing at the two in the background with the "What the heck?!" expressions. The factory set is fantastic and I so love this pic. I wish I could score you on how much I adore this pic, but sadly this is a calendar girl comp and our calendar girl is not looking well..very calendar girlish in this pic. But how could she with all this blood?! Really one of the most creative pics I've seen. Fantastic!

hush
    Overall: 16/20
    Total: 96/100
    Comments: Well, get out the Crayolas and colour me "Tickled Pink"! mind-blowing.gif Seriously, I cannot stop laughing at this. Your setting of the factory is true to the decade and it looks so sterile and cold but then you have the trickle of the suns rays coming through. The blood splatters look incredibly accurate for editing and her severed arm. It frustrates me that I can't give you a perfect score because you honestly deserve it but alas I cannot. Part of Timeless is to look glamorous and here poor Sky doesn't. A one-handed clap for your astounding creativity.

pixie
    Comments: This was perfect, her pose made me laugh even though her arm was chopped off xD You did really well!

Bliss Total 284
    Sunlumberfactorylarge.jpg
    seren
    Topic/Creativity: 40/40
    Setting: 32/35
    Comments: Once again, your Calendar Girl just can not take a bad photo! She is really something to look at. And this close up of her is just brilliantly fantastic. We're really getting to see her bone structer and those lips, so kissable! I love her look as well and that she can make that outfit look sexy is really something. I wish the set had a bit more ooomph in it. It looks a bit bland compaired to our model and it looks more like she is clearing the attic then working in a factory. But I do love this pic and your model is just gorgeous!

hush
    Total: 98/100
    Comments: Love the subtleness of the year and month. I know she was going for tough but I just want to pinch her cheeks. She looks so cute and sweet but still carries a sensuality about her. Good use of the axe and the grates on the floor. Some chunks of wood would have made it a bit more believable that she was at a lumber factory. At the moment with the paintbrushes and barrels, well she could be anywhere really. Wonderful work Bliss.

pixie
    Creativity/Topic: 35/40
    Setting: 33/35
    Overall: 18/20
    Pose: 3/5
    Total: 89/100
    Comments: I liked this entry, but it was a little boring. The setting was good but I would have prefered your model to have had a more interesting pose.

Sun2401 Total 280
    Timelessbeautiesworkinggirl.jpg
    seren
    Creativity/Topic: 39/40
    Total: 98/100
    Comments: The Devil's in the details and boy does he love you! I love her dirty face, I can tell she's working hard, but at the same time her expression is happy and it looks like she is enjoying having all that power of the forklift! Such a great job!

hush
    Comments: I have to say her posing and expression says "Now what do I do?" xD With such a gritty and grimy exterior, she stands out straight away! Love that even in her dirty jumpsuit, she makes sure she's got the glam red lips and tartan headscarf!

pixie
    Creativity/Topic: 37/40
    Setting: 30/35
    Overall: 17/20
    Total: 87/100
    Comments: I liked your idea for this, and the fact you did research made me smile :D I found your model's pose a little odd, I was kinda confused what she was doing with her hands :? The setting was nice, personally it doesn't look like something you would see on a calender though.

simsolated Total 278
    9fs6mv.jpg
    seren
    Comments: Conceptually, this is a great pic. The editing is fantastic and I love the creativity behind this. Unfortunatly, there are a couple of things that let you down here. I like that you took the risk of moving her outside, but sadly, this looks more like a build site then an assembly line factory. Also, whilst you've done a fantastic job editing her into the fork lift, our Calendar Girl's Pose is a little off, she looks like she needs to use the restroom...quickly! but I do love where you were going with this and I think it's a good job!

hush
    Comments: You have the ability simsolated, to blend sims into different backgrounds so seamlessly! It's like it's from a different game. Astounding! Swell idea venturing outside(cute hard hat!) but it has the feel of a dig/mining site than the assembly line factory vibe we asked for.

pixie
    Creativity/Topic: 35/40
    Setting: 29/35
    Total: 84/100
    Comments: I liked your idea, and your model's pose was great. Unfortantly the colouring between the background and your edited sim and object was different lighting so you can sorta tell it was edited in. I liked how you made your model look dirty though.

simslover740 Total 273
    vz6cTl.jpg
    seren
    Creativity/Topic: 36/40
    Total: 93/100
    Comments: This pic has all the right elements so, it has great potential. Sadly though it seems a little washed out and our Calender Girl does not seem to be enjoying the work force. I'd have love to see her in an action shot, with a bit of 'movement' in the pic. But over all, I think you have a good pic.

hush
    Comments: In game daylight lighting can be a cruel mistress. I know from a lot of experience! So I can sympathise with trying to get the right lighting angle here. Her face is too shadowed but the rest of her body stands out crystal clear. It's a tricky thing and can't be helped sometimes :? I've found just putting your model out first before building any sets and turning her around so you can get the right light to be less frustrating then moving all your sets around :D Anyway, your set-the rusted water tower, gate and tin fence, long grass, camera angle and the over-exposed lighting effect is bloody brilliant! Well done!

pixie
    Creativity/Topic: 37/40
    Setting: 30/35
    Pose: 2/5
    Total: 85/100
    Comments: I liked how you used the junk pile for this assignment, and it would have totally fit if you had your model actually digging in it, I don't like her pose, she is just standing there staring. The effect you had on the picture was good, but the blue writing didn't work for me, it stood out a little to much.

Amiee Total 273
    donec.jpg
    seren
    Topic/Creativity: 40/40
    Setting: 31/35
    Total: 96/100
    Comments: I love the creativity of this pic! It's such a different take on the assignment and I adore the male model she's dreaming about! Fantastic! I wish we could see more of the facotry, but I know that's very hard to do with our Calendar Girl laying down for her break. Love this so much!

hush
    Setting: 31/35
    Total: 94/100
    Comments: Aww, I often dream of a muscle man too! I adore the fact that you gave her combat boots!! A little tribute to her man <3 It's an interesting direction you went in but you always think out of the box amiee :mrgreen: I just want more from the background. The lockers are a bit jarring and distracting. Amazed that she can look glamourous even while asleep!

pixie
    Setting: 25/35
    Overall: 15/20
    Total: 83/100
    Comments: I liked your idea, it was creative and seperated your entry from the others, however I really didn't like the thought buble we get rid of them to make our entry better, I know you were trying to show her dreaming but there are otherways to do so, my attention was also drawn to the guy in bubble because your model was just sleeping.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • simslover740simslover740 Posts: 3,100
    edited March 2011
    Yay! It's my birthday and one of my fave comps new assignment comes out :D
    edited March 2011
    hapbirthdays.gif
    Glad we could make your birthday even more special!!
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Well this comp is definitely one of my fave's :D
  • JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited March 2011
    happy birthday simslover :D
    I think I know what I want to do withthis.. just hope no one else does it xD
    jz8tDGb.png
    Steam: JKAmaryllis
  • Bliss87Bliss87 Posts: 5,865 Member
    edited March 2011
    seen it
  • Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited March 2011
    :shock:seen it!

Happy Happy Birthday Simslover :mrgreen:
  • amieechuamieechu Posts: 947 Member
    edited March 2011
    Seen it. Now to think of something awesome.

Also happy bday Simslover :]
  • Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited March 2011
    i love this assignment.
    23uvol1.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Thanks Guys :D
  • sereniticat2sereniticat2 Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited March 2011
    Oh my gosh, I am in!! And on the first try even too!!!

PARTY!

Happy Birthday Simslover!! I hope it's a great one.

I am so so sorry I couldn't update the page last round. This is the first time I have been able to get in in like forever! I am so happy!

Fantastic last round guys, you all blew me away!
    edited March 2011
    Thanks so much for the gift! :D
  • poida217poida217 Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited March 2011
    Yay! It's my birthday and one of my fave comps new assignment comes out :D

Happy birthday mate ;)

Hmm, I wonder if could portray Skye getting run over by that flying car?... not quite what you had in mind?

Hey hush, would you like to make a guest appearance in pandemonium? I'll give you full credits and everything (and your own personal Bill, since you've taken a shine to him)

Thought I'd ask since I'm here :mrgreen:
    24891575472_e27b0a3fc3_o.gif
  • sereniticat2sereniticat2 Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited March 2011
    Ahahahahah Poida!!!!! I KNEW you'd do it! I just knew you had the youknowwhat's to ask her...but you didn't tell her WHY you want to have her guest star. Not fair !! I'd call that a cheat!

And Hushy, I hope you agree. :twisted:
    edited March 2011
    I never understood the ending with the car flying :? Did they die?

Cheese and rice poida! I wasn't expecting that! :shock: Yeah, sure, of course, go for it :mrgreen:

Now, now, writers are entitled to their plot points seren :wink: Oh boy, am I going to be made into huckleberry pie?
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • poida217poida217 Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited March 2011
    I never understood the ending with the car flying :? Did they die?

Cheese and rice poida! I wasn't expecting that! :shock: Yeah, sure, of course, go for it :mrgreen:

Now, now, writers are entitled to their plot points seren :wink: Oh boy, am I going to be made into huckleberry pie?

A pie? Pfft, I may turn you into a zombie, you can keep zombie poida company, and I think Seren should join us, she makes a great zombie... :D

Just bear in mind you may not be so keen when you find out what we have in mind... I'll be sure to email you in the not too distant future and let you know :twisted:
    24891575472_e27b0a3fc3_o.gif
    edited March 2011
    No matter what you do poida, I won't be offended, I will be estatic :mrgreen: I like to believe I have some sort of sense of humour.

Hey today is my lucky day (pun intended it's St Pat's day!)! I finally got an email from the bank of Africa!

"In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of $ 11.6 m US dollars (Eleven Million six hundred thousand US dollars). In an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer who died along with his entire family in a concord plane crash in the year 2000 in Paris that almost took the whole life of the passenger’s on board.
    Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines but unfortunately we learn`t that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him at the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim."

And they're offering it to me! I'm rich!
    smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-static-050.gif

screenshot-3jj.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Holy moly! :o
    jz8tDGb.png
  • AzaraRumohraAzaraRumohra Posts: 2,172 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Pfff Hush! I get that email every week, I'M the next of kin :lol:
    edited March 2011
    Scores?
    edited March 2011
    Bumpity. Bump. Bump.
  • simlishtrsimlishtr Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited March 2011
    i need extension (April 5th) :XD:
  • cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Seen it :D

simsolated wrote:

O.o thats the longest extension I've ever seen
    smileythudqs7.gif
    2 weeks wow...
    edited March 2011
    D:
    jz8tDGb.png
    edited March 2011
    simsolated wrote:
    Please no. We wait long enough and if you can't handle the assignment then just drop. :/