Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Teen After Curfew Violation?????

My teen loves to fish. I send her fishing after school to relieve stress. While fishing she got the want to stay out after curfew (I guess she was having a really good time). Well Officer Friendly shows up and puts her in his squad car. The car disappears and so does her icon. My family oriented sim was standing in the house waiting for her as mom snored away in the bed. I sent him to bed and waited but the next day still no teen. I plan on restarting from my last save. Has anyone else run into this?

Comments

• SarahSim82SarahSim82 Posts: 101 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I thought I heard that sim's can end up in jail at the police station, maybe check there?
  • TelamonTelamon Posts: 672 New Member
    edited June 2009
    SarahSim82 wrote:
    I thought I heard that sim's can end up in jail at the police station, maybe check there?

Yes, they can, but you also can watch them sit in jail.

her icon disapeared.
  • DemoniaDemonia Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Doesn't sound like Officer Friendly was friendly after all.
  • MaeraMaera Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited June 2009
    If you haven't already gotten your Sim back, try this. Good luck!

Whenever you save it also makes a back-up file.

If you open documents/electronic arts/the sims 3/saves

in there will be your saved game and your backup

delete savename.sims3

and rename savename.sims3.backup

to savename.sims3

Where by savename = the name you saved it as.
  • tigertotstigertots Posts: 1,865 Member
    edited June 2009
    I had the exact same thing happen to my teen, his icon disappeared and I couldn't find him at all, even at the cop shop, so I went onto Edit Town and the family picture showed he was still part of the family so I saved and re-entered the house and he was back home in bed :shock:
  • crazinessrulezmecrazinessrulezme Posts: 33 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ive heard of this happening before. I heard its a glitch in the game.
    Use the code resetsim "Firstname" "Lastname". I may be wrong about the code, so double check in the forum about the game bugs. Also you could just move the family. That has worked for some people.
  • YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited June 2009
    Sounds like a set up for a B Horror Flick. You know...something like: CURFEW...Stay Out Late...If You DARE!