Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to remove Public Room Marker?

I mistakenly put that public room marker outside of my house, and now everytime I go out to garden, it will ask me to call a babysitter (since i have a baby inside). But I cant remove that marker anymore.

Any help/suggestions?

Thank u in advance.

Comments

• Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited March 2011
    What is a public room marker? I'm assuming the problem is that you cannot see it to remove it? Can you see it in buydebug mode?
  • KujataKujata Posts: 288 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I have the same question as Alysha1988. I don't have a clue what that is ><
  • PurplePrincess8PurplePrincess8 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I dont know which one to pick...
    I want to get a Sims 3 expansion pack but is Late Night worth it? or is Ambitions better? give me your opinion, it will mean a lot to me, thank you :P!!! :?: :lol: :!: :? :D
  • VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited March 2011
    Public room markers are used to designate a given space in an apartment building as "accessible, but not part of your house", Such as the first-floor lobby and the elevator landings.

When editing apartments, I always have these cheats enabled:

testingcheatsenabled true
    restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false
    buydebug
    moveobjects on

Not sure exactly which of those you need, but I've had no problem removing public room markers while they're in place.
  • KujataKujata Posts: 288 New Member
    edited March 2011
    PurplePrincess8, stay on the OP's topic. It's rude to just enter somewhere and ask something unrelated.

That's good to know if I ever happen to accidently buy one, thanks for the info, VexingQuery.
  • PorixPorix Posts: 18
    edited March 2011
    I did what Vexing just said. It worked.

thanks guys.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited March 2011
    As soon as you place one of the appartment markers such as a hidden room marker on a lot, you will need to use the 'restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false' cheat everytime you want to build or buy on that lot. If all the markers are removed, by using this cheat, you won't need to use the cheat again to make changes
  • janell1516janell1516 Posts: 3
    edited March 2011
    :DOkay, so you wanna know how to get rid of the Public Room Marker? First, go to an appartment or house, or where ever you put the public room markers. Then, do CTRL+SHIFT+C and type in "testingCheatEnabled" and press enter. After that, press CTRL+SHIFT+C again and type in "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false" and then click on the Public Room Marker, and move or remove it.

:D Hope this helped!
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited March 2011
    Janell1516,

Is "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off," not "restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false" actually. Minor mistake, but I don't think it will work otherwise. I should know, I've been using it to make my own apartments.
  • KingFireRiderKingFireRider Posts: 1,390 Member
    edited January 2013
    Public room markers are used to designate a given space in an apartment building as "accessible, but not part of your house", Such as the first-floor lobby and the elevator landings.

buydebug
    moveobjects on

Not sure exactly which of those you need, but I've had no problem removing public room markers while they're in place.

thanks it was restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off
  • msSkowneski69msSkowneski69 Posts: 3
    edited February 2014

buydebug
    moveobjects on

restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false... worked! Yay! I put a hidden room/public room makers to figure out what they meant and couldn't delete :o thought i might have to delete the lot. your my savior haha
    Thanks' much!
  • KrystiKrysti Posts: 2 New Member
    I meant marker not market lol
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Krysti wrote: »
    How do you find the public room market? I got this apartment building off the gallery so I don't know how to identify a marker

@Krysti, you might be better off asking this over in The Sims 4 section as this is an old TS3 thread... ;)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-gallery
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ts4-pack-discussions
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    As was pointed out by Lisa it made more sense for you to ask this in The Sims 4 section so I split your post off and moved it there :smile: considering this thread has been inactive for a long time I'm going to go ahead and close this off now.If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top