The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't risk it....

It's thundering and lightning right now. :shock:
I'd load up my game, but I'm afraid the power will cut off and I will lose data.
And I figure, if the power goes out noooooow, at least I was only browsing the forums...no harm done!
SO!
Since I'm too pansy to load up my game, tell me what's going on in yours!
PLEASE? :(

Comments

• Ricky_BoRicky_Bo Posts: 325
    edited February 2011
    I'm loading it up as we speak. I'm starting a new one, so I suppose I'm going to jump right into CAS.
  • GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I tried to build a house, but my game is seriously lagging for some reason, so now I'm compressing my CC into fewer files to see if that helps. All I was able to make was a new sim for my avatar and a kitchen of an unfinished house.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited February 2011
    My simself is about to have baby #6 with the beautiful Mortimer Goth!
  • marieblue17marieblue17 Posts: 6,142 Member
    edited February 2011
    Mikezumi wrote:
    My simself is about to have baby #6 with the beautiful Mortimer Goth!

:O
    Pics of the other 5?!
  • FeliciaB84FeliciaB84 Posts: 8,479 New Member
    edited February 2011
    That's what I love about my laptop. If the power goes out, I'm still ok!

:mrgreen:

I have double heiresses with random traits that I am taking care of right now. One is an evil, insane person. And one is a neurotic slob. They are both friendly.

They are providing me with much entertainment. :lol:
    edited February 2011
    Oh wow. I am a n00b. I'm on my laptop too.
    -_-
    edited February 2011
    @ Mikezumi - That child is precious! I don't think there's anything cuter than that hair he has on. I love it.
  • Azzie73Azzie73 Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2011
    I am having the exact same problem you are! :lol: Major thunderstorm going on so I am also too afraid to play a game.

It's probably for the best as I am the only one currently awake in the house and one of our cats is really freaking out over the thunder, the poor thing! It's funny though because the other two cats are just looking at her as if to say "wimp!". :D

I'm a little bummed though because I had an idea for a house and wanted to start building it tonight. Guess I'll have to do it another time! :?
    edited February 2011
    FeliciaB84 wrote:
    @ Mikezumi - That child is precious! I don't think there's anything cuter than that hair he has on. I love it.

I saw another toddler on the forum that had that hair and when I found out it was a store one, I bought is straightaway!
    edited February 2011
    Apart from Richard there really aren't many pics. The girls look like Morty in a dress and wig and the other two look like my simself.

Screenshot-233.jpg"width=640"
  • LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited February 2011
    It doesn't matter whether or not a program is running, lightning or the power surge created by it can destroy a computer even when it is turned off. As long as the computer is plugged into an electrical socket, it can be destroyed in an electrical storm (even if the power has gone off). That goes for any appliance for that matter.
    edited February 2011
    Oh wow. I am a n00b. I'm on my laptop too.
    -_-

Me too! I totally forgot to plug it in and charge up the battery until 10 minutes ago! :roll:
    edited February 2011
    Azzie73 wrote:
    I am having the exact same problem you are! :lol: Major thunderstorm going on so I am also too afraid to play a game.

It's probably for the best as I am the only one currently awake in the house and one of our cats is really freaking out over the thunder, the poor thing! It's funny though because the other two cats are just looking at her as if to say "wimp!". :D

I'm a little bummed though because I had an idea for a house and wanted to start building it tonight. Guess I'll have to do it another time! :?

I used to have a cat that was afraid of thunder - she'd hide under the beds and not come out for hours. The other cat just acted as if nothing was happening.
    edited February 2011
    Mikezumi wrote:
    FeliciaB84 wrote:

I saw another toddler on the forum that had that hair and when I found out it was a store one, I bought is straightaway!

I love that hair!
  • xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited February 2011
    It's storming here too! The power keeps flickering.

But recently in my game I wanted to test out the Alice in Wonderland set from the store. I forgot that the set didn't come with any clothes or some of the things an AiW set should have (like the tea party table)! So I decided to see if I could make do with what I had and this is how it turned out:

AWTP.jpg

CAW.jpg

CPH.jpg

DAW.jpg

SAWQ.jpg
    edited February 2011
    Nice pics, Mike!
    edited February 2011
    It's storming here too! The power keeps flickering.

But recently in my game I wanted to test out the Alice in Wonderland set from the store. I forgot that the set didn't come with any clothes or some of the things an AiW set should have (like the tea party table)! So I decided to see if I could make do with what I had and this is how it turned out:

AWTP.jpg

CAW.jpg

CPH.jpg

DAW.jpg

SAWQ.jpg
    I want to be invited to that party!
  • GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Holy cow! Those are some amazing Alice in Wonderland pics.
    edited February 2011
    Mikezumi wrote:
    Azzie73 wrote:

I used to have a cat that was afraid of thunder - she'd hide under the beds and not come out for hours. The other cat just acted as if nothing was happening.

We have three, one who is scared of everything and is currently hiding in the little "nest" she made for herself in my closet, one who is older and basically deaf so she has no clue anything is even going on :D and one (who follows me everywhere and thinks my room is "her" room) who is just annoyed because I pause in my petting of her to type! :lol:

The last kitty plays Sims with me...she will sit on the bed behind me and watches the sims move around. Every now and then she tries to slap one of them on the screen and "chatters" at them if they get too excited! :lol:
    edited February 2011
    @ Wednesday...I love those pics...they are so neat!! :mrgreen:
    edited February 2011
    Azzie73 wrote:
    Mikezumi wrote:
    Azzie73 wrote:

We have three, one who is scared of everything and is currently hiding in the little "nest" she made for herself in my closet, one who is older and basically deaf so she has no clue anything is even going on :D and one (who follows me everywhere and thinks my room is "her" room) who is just annoyed because I pause in my petting of her to type! :lol:

The last kitty plays Sims with me...she will sit on the bed behind me and watches the sims move around. Every now and then she tries to slap one of them on the screen and "chatters" at them if they get too excited! :lol:

That sounds adorable. The cats I spoke of are long gone, but my new one (7 years, so not so new) only pushes my hands away from the keyboard, so I can scratch behind her ears ... or tries to sleep on my keyboard!