Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

D: talk about lag...

Alright, so today for my birthday, I got a brand new computer (woot woot!) and it was an iMac (21.5 inch) and it's really quite spectacular...

Until it comes to the Sims. It installed great, and I love it.... but it has the most unbearable lag ever. Like honestly, it takes about a minute (human time) or so for the game to render the fact that I have changed the sims outfit, and the loading screens are totally unbearable. I almost want to punch the game right now.

I have the Base Game, Ambitions, Late Night, and Outdoor Living Stuff currently installed (waiting to get World Adventures from a friend) and the lag was already there when I went to test it out with just the Base Game installed.

According to the Box, my computer has:

3.2GHz Intel Core i3 processor, 4MB Shared Level 3 Cache
4GB of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
1TB Serial ATA Hard Drive
ATI Radeon HD 5670 graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory
-ladedado pre built in stuff-
and then its running Mac OS X if that makes a difference.

I've got absolutely NO Custom Content installed yet, but I did put in my store content.

Any help would be appreciated ^_^
23uvol1.jpg

Comments

• Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited February 2011
    bumping back up to Recent Topics...
    23uvol1.jpg
  • WolfbirdWolfbird Posts: 11
    edited February 2011
    Since you don't have any CC .package files installed, and this is a fresh install -- I would look first at your graphics setting. Even though your Mac can handle high frame rates, the game can't. I wouldn't set the game's graphics above medium.

If that doesn't work, or your graphic settings are already low, the only other thing I can think of is the thumbnail cache files. These will create lag if they get corrupted.

Here is a link to Simswiki that explains how to delete these files: http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

Good luck with this.