Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥ Jimsbaby_19 has to be away for awhile! ♥ Can we give her a good, cheerful send off party? ♥

Friends, we all go through some hard stuff and some times when the debts are high but the wallet is slim. :(

If you have not seen this thread, To all of you! Jimsbaby_19 has this to say.
I just wanted to take a moment and give a big thank you to all of you! Your friendship has ment lots to me. Your words and gifts were amazing. We are needing to cut back on some things right now so we are cutting the internet for awhile. Begining of the month. But I just wanted to come on here and say thank you before then. Your friendships have been the biggest gift to me.

Can we shower her with some gifts before she leaves? She will lose her internet access in three days. If you cannot afford to send a little something her way, will you send her some good wishes in her thread? The link is just above. Thanks to those who have already done so. *Hugs*

Thanks in advance too all of you for being so kind, generous and compassionate with others. Jimsbaby_19 has been a good friend to many of us. We will miss her while she is away and hope for her speedy return. Now, who is bringing some cookies? :wink::D

Comments

• WELSHMINXWELSHMINX Posts: 13,672 New Member
    edited February 2011
    hun im behind you all the way!!
    its just a shame i havent got any points,but like you i hope to spur others to give her a good send off!!!!
    i do hope all the simmers jump on board to help!!
    hugs!! :mrgreen:

ooh btw heres her link!!
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=jimsbaby_19
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2011
    Thanks a bunch, Welsh!

Don't Quit

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
    When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
    When the funds are low and the debts are high,
    And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
    When care is pressing you down a bit,
    Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is q.u.e.e.r with its twists and turns,
    As every one of us sometimes learns,
    And many a failure turns about,
    When he might have won had he stuck it out;
    Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
    You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
    It seems to a faint and faltering man,
    Often the struggler has given up,
    When he might have captured the victor's cup,
    And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
    How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out--
    The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
    And you never can tell how close you are,
    It may be near when it seems so far,
    So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
    It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

~~~~~~~~~~

There is lots of argument over the authorship of this poem, but no question about the wisdom of it. *Hugs*
  • cherryberrybloocherryberrybloo Posts: 4,293 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Oh no! *runs off to Jimsbaby's wishlist*
  • blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited February 2011
    Sure we can. Thanks for doing this you guys. :mrgreen: I do understand also about the crunch.
    YShQCz1.png
    edited February 2011
    *sets out a couple plates of assorted cookies and a couple pitchers of milk, juice, and tea*

Anyone bringin a karaoke machine to this shindig?
  • proudmama4boyzproudmama4boyz Posts: 574
    edited February 2011
    Oh no! *runs off to Jimsbaby's wishlist*

Wait! I'm coming too! slow down wait for me.... :shock: *heals clonking loudly right behind bloo...*
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited February 2011
    Reachsims wrote:
    Friends, we all go through some hard stuff and some times when the debts are high but the wallet is slim. :(

If you have not seen this thread, To all of you! Jimsbaby_19 has this to say.
    I just wanted to take a moment and give a big thank you to all of you! Your friendship has ment lots to me. Your words and gifts were amazing. We are needing to cut back on some things right now so we are cutting the internet for awhile. Begining of the month. But I just wanted to come on here and say thank you before then. Your friendships have been the biggest gift to me.

Can we shower her with some gifts before she leaves? She will lose her internet access in three days. If you cannot afford to send a little something her way, will you send her some good wishes in her thread? The link is just above. Thanks to those who have already done so. *Hugs*

Thanks in advance too all of you for being so kind, generous and compassionate with others. Jimsbaby_19 has been a good friend to many of us. We will miss her while she is away and hope for her speedy return. Now, who is bringing some cookies? :wink::D

I already gifted her a few small things when I read her post. I will try to catch her on Monday but for now I don't have enough points. :(
  • jimsbaby_19jimsbaby_19 Posts: 575
    edited February 2011
    Oh man guys. Thank you so much for this. I am lost for words. I didn't imagine this kind of support and love. This warms my heart and means the world to me. I wish I had the words to say to thank each and everyone of you for the kind words and the gifts. All I can say is thank you and you guys really out did yourself. I will never know how to repay you all for your kindness. You can bet when I do come back I will be there if you ever need anything. I don't know what to say.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
  • Jurik1124Jurik1124 Posts: 4,627 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Sent a few things her way! :D
  • kezza11178kezza11178 Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited February 2011
    awww i wish i could gift you a little something but im all out of points :(:( im in the same boat grrrr skint.
    but here is a little furry hug and we hope to see you around very soon

hugs-3.jpg
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited February 2011
    I will never know how to repay you all for your kindness.

I will tell you what I was once told long ago by someone who helped me out during a very rough period of my life. "You do not need to repay me now or late. But, one day weather a year from now or 20 when you have the change to help someone else - do so and think of me!"

I have never forgotten that!

I hope things get better for you soon!!!!
    /hugs
    Mystik
    edited February 2011
    Mystik1978 wrote:
    I will never know how to repay you all for your kindness.

I will tell you what I was once told long ago by someone who helped me out during a very rough period of my life. "You do not need to repay me now or late. But, one day weather a year from now or 20 when you have the change to help someone else - do so and think of me!"

I have never forgotten that!

I hope things get better for you soon!!!!
    /hugs
    Mystik

Exactly that, completely. I require nor want repayment to myself. Pay it forward, hon! Every little act of kindness makes the world a brighter place, if only for one person. Ya never know when a single act can change a life. :) *hugs* You take care, and come back with lots of amazing lots and sims to share with us!
    edited February 2011
    Will do! Scouts honor! I will never forget your kindness and I will pay it forward! Thank you!
  • ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited February 2011
    Thanks to everyone who helped to cheer Jimsbaby! I'm sure what we've done here will help her through this time.

*Hugs* to all of you and I'm so grateful for any type of encouragement that you've extended towards our friend.

♥XOXO♥
  • KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited February 2011
    Aw, I wish I had some simpoints but I'm fresh out until next month. But I'm very glad to see there are many of you who could surprise gift her in the meantime! You all are so awesome, and Jimsbaby, you will be missed. Take care luv.
    edited February 2011
    KLorelei wrote:
    Aw, I wish I had some simpoints but I'm fresh out until next month. But I'm very glad to see there are many of you who could surprise gift her in the meantime! You all are so awesome, and Jimsbaby, you will be missed. Take care luv.

Thank you very much!