Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems running sims 3 on MBP *please read and some help

It all started with the new update, i could install any simspacks into the launcher. I reinstalled all my games 3 time already. And know when ever i try to play it starts then goes to the black screen before the ea circle but stops there. please someone help this is my 3 third post on this fourm

Comments

• Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited February 2011
    Ow, poor thing, that would drive me crazy to reinstall that often.

I'm going to suggest another reinstall, but this time, make 100% sure you follow the uninstall directions on EA's helpfile site. If you're reinstalling but your game doesn't even fully load, I suspect something's seriously wrong with your game's installation. Do a search for "how to uninstall Sims 3 on a Mac" and it should pull up pretty quick. It's going to involve a scorched-earth approach of deleting preferences, removing folders from a couple different locations, and generally making your Mac believe it's never even heard of Sims 3 before. Install the base game, then open the launcher, let it do its update, and make sure the game runs. Then quit out, install the next expansion (WA), launch, let it update, run the game. Then quit out and do it over and over again till you're done. The whole process takes me about an hour all told.

Then absolutely do not install any of your old saved games until you get any CC out of them first using Custard on a PC or Bootcamp partition. (If you don't think you have CC but you use the Exchange, then yes, you do have CC.)

Hope that helps... sounds frustrating and I hope it works out. If not, you'll want to email EA's tech support for further instructions.
  • Options
    cutie9676cutie9676 Posts: 135 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I reinstalled my game and it worked for awhile now i can't uninstall anything from my launcher so i gave up one problem and got another