Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 to have ten expansion packs?

doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
Okay, I realise this is a pretty pointless topic. But after the revelation of the supposed fourth expansion pack(Generations), I decided to do some snooping.

I was attempting to get onto the Generations screenshot page, but instead of typing 'ep4', I accidently typed 'ep5'. And what do you know, the screenshot page for 'The Sims 3 Expansion Pack 4' popped up. Nothing there of course, but it was clearly labelled as the fifth expansion pack on the left of the page. So, I went further and tried more numbers. The number of expansion packs stopped at 'The Sims 3 Expansion pack 10'. Same with stuff packs('The Sims 3 Stuff pack 10')

Any number above that gets the 'Oops, page not found error'. I just thought this was interesting. Could this mean we'll be getting up to ten expansion/stuff packs? The tenth, being the last?

So what do you think? A part of me thinks that perhaps these pages are just fillers. As in, the final expansion pack number could be lower or higher. Though I do also think ten expansion packs would be an alright number of packs to settle on. And these pages show that it's at least a possibility.

How many expansions would you personally like to see? I'd settle quite happily on ten myself. However I wouldn't mind if the developers decided to add more. Sims 3 packs are afterall apparently smaller than Sims 2's and 1's IMO, and according to EA. So ten would be an alright number for me. :)

Comments

• krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited February 2011
    i think its probably filler, i can see them geting to 10 but im sure the plans for it are in no way concrete
  • TDC95TDC95 Posts: 4,942 Member
    edited February 2011
    sounds good to me now i have 8 more chances of one of them being 18th century theamed :lol:
  • Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited February 2011
    doodlesam wrote:
    ... Sims 3 packs are afterall significantly smaller than Sims 2's and 1's. So ten would be an alright number for me. :)

No, actually they're much, much bigger. Compare the content on the actual DVDs: Late Night had 7 gigabytes of data on it; most of the EPs for The Sims 2 had just 1 gig, or less.

I know that's mostly because of differences in the graphics, music, etc, but the fact remains, they are actually much larger.

I think The Sims 3 will only have about six EPs. Any more than that and they would probably have to start raising the game's system requirements. Plus, they seem to be combining ideas in each EP, so they're running out of ideas faster.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited February 2011
    TDC95 wrote:
    sounds good to me now i have 8 more chances of one of them being 18th century theamed :lol:

Or you could just buy medieval ....
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Jamesmc93Jamesmc93 Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited February 2011
    TDC95 wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Ages
    Wikipedia wrote:
    The Middle Ages (adjectival form: medieval or mediæval) was a period of European history from the 5th century to the 15th century.

Do you see how your statement made every historian in the world have a minor heart attack now? :P
  • xVeexVee Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Personally, I think they'll have 8-12 EP's. Then, Sims 4 will probably come out, lol. The Sims will never go way, and they're also fully aware that people WILL upgrade their computers in order to play the game IF their system requirements do become higher.

I'm an "older" simmer and I buy a new computer every 4-5 years, so, next time I buy one, I would probably specifically buy it so my new one can run any/all Sims games. I upgraded my graphics card already and it really isn't that hard/expensive. My Sims games run fantastically, and it's not like my computer is anything special. Considering the life-like state of the Sims game, I'm surprised it's System Requirements aren't already higher than they are. -shrugs- Simmers do what they gotta do.
  • tori104tori104 Posts: 7,561 Member
    edited February 2011
    James: Do you see how your statement made every historian in the world have a minor heart attack now? <-- lol too great :lol:
    on topic: I think 10 would be awesome! and even though the packs are bigger spacewise, they don't seem to have as much in them so ten is fine by me (except that would mean $40x10=$400 possibly wasted if EA doesn't fix all their games, and that's without adding the cost of SPs. I know most simmers have jobs but I'm buying with holiday money here! So I don't like that I may spend $ on one game when it comes out and then not be able to handle buying a better one later... other than that- I think it would take up soooo much computer space to have 10 EPs.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited February 2011
    Stop posting misleading information.
  • xVeexVee Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited February 2011
    It wasn't 'that' misleading. doodlesam mentioned the same possibility in another thread. He just decided to devote an entirely new thread about it. :D
  • DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited February 2011
    TDC95 wrote:

:lol:
  • DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited February 2011
    candy8 wrote:
    :shock:
  • Shelle58704Shelle58704 Posts: 751 Member
    edited February 2011
    Jamesmc93 wrote:
    TDC95 wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Ages
    Wikipedia wrote:
    The Middle Ages (adjectival form: medieval or mediæval) was a period of European history from the 5th century to the 15th century.

Do you see how your statement made every historian in the world have a minor heart attack now? :P
    I don't know about heart attack. Just made themselves look a little stupid . . . ;)
  • marjussjamarjussja Posts: 1,818 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I saw too many of FAKE expansions and its still FAKE so .. Sims3 have only that,what we are talking on here.
    P.S-I did read it in The Internet .
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited February 2011
    Glic2003 wrote:
    doodlesam wrote:
    ... Sims 3 packs are afterall significantly smaller than Sims 2's and 1's. So ten would be an alright number for me. :)

No, actually they're much, much bigger. Compare the content on the actual DVDs: Late Night had 7 gigabytes of data on it; most of the EPs for The Sims 2 had just 1 gig, or less.

I know that's mostly because of differences in the graphics, music, etc, but the fact remains, they are actually much larger.

This
  • moofishymoofishy Posts: 35
    edited February 2011
    Anyone notice that "doodlesam" posts all these ep rumors or at least has something to do with them? It all sounds to good to be true.
  • doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited February 2011
    moofishy wrote:
    Anyone notice that "doodlesam" posts all these ep rumors or at least has something to do with them? It all sounds to good to be true.

Excuse me? What the hell are you talking about? What "rumours" have I posted? Stop talking BS.

I promised myself I'd keep a way from posting on this forum. But there's no way in hell I'm just going to ignore someone attempting to label me a troll.
    candy8 wrote:

How is this thread misleading? I'll post whatever I like thankyou very much. This thread isn't "misleading" at all. There's a flaming question mark in the title. Did you even read my post?

I never said there would be ten expansion packs. I simply said there are ten expansion pack pages.

There, that's it. I'm staying away from this place now.

• ChildChild Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    I've been reading though all the generations rumours because i think they're actually true :shock:
    for two reasons
    1http://www.thesims3.com/game/ep4/screenshots
    go on that and look at the games section
    2: I typed in 'sims 3 generations screenshots' and when i looked at the one leading to the sims 3 homepage it said..... You have successfully registered your The Sims 3 Generations game
    :O
  • PenguinPersonPenguinPerson Posts: 1,253 Member
    edited February 2011
    They Could have just stoped at 10 becuase its a common number to stop at just like 5 is a common number people pick or stop at we could have more they just didnt create the pages :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Doodlesam has been here for a long time. Even when I was a daily poster, he was here. I remember him. He is anything BUT a troll. Plus, the info hes getting is from the ACTUAL website, so its official.

edited February 2011
    candy8 wrote:

How is this thread misleading? I'll post whatever I like thankyou very much. This thread isn't "misleading" at all. There's a flaming question mark in the title. Did you even read my post?

I never said there would be ten expansion packs. I simply said there are ten expansion pack pages.

There, that's it. I'm staying away from this place now.
    I agree with doodlesam he did put a question mark as the title when I saw it I thought he was asking how many eps we thought ea would do before they go on to sims 4
  • kjoneskjones Posts: 832 Member
    edited February 2011
    I'm not sure how they can create 10 EP's that will run on an average computer. It seems that the system specs required to run the base game plus 10 EP's would eliminate a large amount of the population. That just me though...
  • doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited February 2011
    They Could have just stoped at 10 becuase its a common number to stop at just like 5 is a common number people pick or stop at we could have more they just didnt create the pages :mrgreen::mrgreen:

That's what I was thinking. At least this means the developers could be considering making up to ten. Sorry about the rant I posted above, I don't like people talking about me like that.. >.>
    edited February 2011
    doodlesam wrote:

That's what I was thinking. At least this means the developers could be considering making up to ten. Sorry about the rant I posted above, I don't like people talking about me like that.. >.>
    Oh thats fine I dont like people talkign to me like that either have they ever heard of manners. I hope they do make a lot of eps but once it gets to much that they move on to sims 4 and stop pushing their luck with sims 3
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited July 2012
    I know this is an very very old thread but hopefully we will get 10 expansion packs and it seems unlikely the sims 3 will end at 7 now!

what do you think?
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ldsigsildsigsi Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I hope so as well :)
    I have a few things that make me wonder about this....
    First, it seems to me that each Sims series ended with the expansion having magic in it, so that slightly worries me.

Second, each of the Sims series had about 3 to 4 years with it (Sims: 2000-2003, Sims 2: 2004-2008...Sims 3: 2009-?). I am guessing they will keep the years about the same, and am hoping that they drag out the Sims 3 through late 2013 at least (which would have it at 9 expansions).

Third, is that the first Sims had 7 expansions to it, and the second had 8. So I am sort of hoping still that they will go to 9 to raise the number up one more. But, this being said, they could just keep it at 7 or 8 as well.
    All the same, I hope they at least come out with something for College life or Seasons. I was really hoping for both of those in this series as I don't really want to spend more money for an entirely new series. I didn't play the first two, but started Sims 3 halfway in. Still, it's a lot of money for about $40/game. :? Plus, I hightly doubt my computer would be able to work properly with it. lol