Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Details on Inventor Career Please? (spoilers) Glitches?

I was under the impression you had to register as self employed as an inventor to get the opportunity? If you leave the self employed inventor career I'm assuming that you have to work your way back up the 10 levels from ground zero with funds? I'm currently a fourth dimensional architect. Even after achieving the status, I had the ability to get another 60,000 simoleons for a promotion, and even after that, I've gotten the ability to get another 80,000... (probably just a normal part of the game) As I'm at level 10 my status doesn't change from fourth dimensional architect... so do I have to max out fund "promotions" to get the call to donate palladium? And these numbers don't -exactly- match some guides I've seen online. some say 60 thousand is the cap, others 88? How high up can I still get "promotions"? Is it until I haven't made all the achievements for certain numbers of toys, widgets, etc? Lastly, every time there's a celebration in my honor I can't find the gathering at the courthouse. I show up, nothing happens, and it says I missed the event... My fame opportunities are progressing, but since becoming a fourth dimensional architect I have gotten no phone call and the career track is dead silent. Is it too soon to expect it? Tried "testingcheatsenabled true" to spawn a career opportunity from my mailbox, home, courthouse, science lab (as I'm self employed and those could be my "location of work") but it just asks if I want to destroy the building if it's not my mailbox... supposedly you can spawn opportunities, but testingcheatsenabled true seems to allow the known mailbox options/teleport by clicking on open space... yet no career stuff. Will I have to quit and start over to get the call if the opportunity doesn't show up or if I can't spawn it with testinghceatsenabled? I do hope that the rumor that LN glitches the game so you never get the call from the science lab, because I currently run the LN expansion pack without the last patches. ...Sorry for a long question! I figured all relevant details would be useful in getting a sure answer! Thanks!
SigLav_zpsnefshzbc.jpg

Comments

• ganmerladganmerlad Posts: 17
    edited February 2011
    I am not the best person to answer this because I haven't ever registered myself as an inventor, but it seems close enough to what happens with the other self-registered careers. Once you reach level ten, it keeps giving you new goals in terms of money made, but that is all. You don't actually advance any further. (once the career advancement bar turns from green to yellow, you can't go any farther) To get inventor opportunities, you don't actually have to register as an inventor. With each skill, once you reach a certain level opportunities regarding it arise. Once you reach the highest level though, opportunities seems to radically decrease. I think that is because most opportunities are set up to help you increase the skill, but once it is maxed out, there is nothing to improve.

If you want to make another simbot (donate palladium?) you just need all the stuff in your inventory (10 life fruit, 100 scraps, palladium, heart shaped pink diamond) and you can make another one. The science lab only asks you to donate once. (for me anyhow, that is how it has worked) If you have never been asked to donate for the first time, is your 'invent' button still active? Then you haven't invented everything yet. [edit: there are only so many things you can 'invent', and the simbot is one of them. If you haven't invented enough objects, it will never give you the opportunity to make one because a simbot is 'the master invention'. You have to keep using the 'invent' button to be able to make a simbot...making 1 million toy cows doesn't help you in any way but to make money. It is possible to be a level 10 inventor and still have a lot of things left to invent if you spent most of your time making a bunch of the same things.]

My registered artist quit getting art opportunities after it made it to the top of the career so I eventually quit (too boring). I had made 600,000 simeleons from it and bought most of the town, and frankly didn't care about being the town art master anymore once I saw that the only 'goal' was to make more and more money which would happen anyway. If you aren't getting any more opportunities either, then maybe it is time to move to another job, or work on other skills, to keep things interesting. Your inventor skill won't decrease when you quit, and you still make money selling the things you make. If your opportunities have quit coming in, there is nothing to loose, except your title as 4th Dimensional Architect, by moving on to something else.

About awards at the courthouse, when they want to give you an award, click on the blue circle with the star in it (it should be to the side of your screen or in map view you can see it over the court house) or click on the tab that says "collect award" down at the bottom of the screen above your moodlets. Nothing happens if you just show up. You have to let the game know that is what you are going there for.
    Post edited by Unknown User on