Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suspension Bridge woes

Hi,
I have built a world, and in testing, for some strange reason, my Sims will rarely use the suspension bridge. I have a total of 5 bridges and it seems that the game does have a preference. Two are the ambitions bridge, one the Egyptian small bridge, the lighted concrete bridge, and of course, the suspension bridge. My firefighter Sim took 2 hours to get to a fire as the game refused to take the shortest route on the way to the fire, but had no problem taking the shortest route back to the Fire Hall. Has anyone any suggestions besides making all the bridges the same as I am way too far to even think about that....

Comments

• DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited February 2011
    Ive never used the suspension bridge. Perhaps if you made it so sims HAVE to use a certain bridge. In other words, dont give them a choice.
  • SpazzAttkSpazzAttk Posts: 876 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I had a similar issue then I realized one end of the bridge wasn't connected fully with the road. Double check the connection points and it may help. If that's not the issue, I don't know what else. Hope it is a simple issue and is easily corrected for you. :D
  • Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited February 2011
    I checked the bridge and it is definitely connected, I see cabs go over it and I can drive over it if I coax my Sim to "go here". If I'd have known I would encounter this I would have only used the one bridge, but that is next to impossible now without a lot of work and backtracking. Hmmm....any other suggestions?
  • DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited February 2011
    Well, Im now working on a world with 3 suspension bridges, and 5 other bridges. I'll test it out and see if there is some routing trick.
    edited February 2011
    Thanks Doc!
  • DalexDalex Posts: 353 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Have you told CAW to update routing since you've had the lots and bridges placed?

When placing roads routing seems (in my experience) to only force 1 route over rivers. eg if theres a way round the water entirely it'll be used but bridges won;t be routed in til u manually update it.

and if there is no way round it'll latch onto the first bridge and not route the others in.
    edited March 2011
    Oooh, I'll try it, I've been testing the world, it appears they are using it some of the time, but not when commuting to work or going to school. I did not even know about the update routing thing, I'll give it a whirl though :-)
    edited March 2011
    How do you refresh the routing?
    edited March 2011
    double-post...
  • SezaboSezabo Posts: 45
    edited April 2013
    click view>rebuild routing data
    it wont look like its doing anything but leave it for a few minutes and it will refresh the routes :)