Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I miss sims 2

Comments

• Sandy0038Sandy0038 Posts: 1,430 Member
    edited February 2011
    Agree :) i uninstalled sims 3 and went back to sims 2. i didnt expect them to be the same game but i did expect alot of fun things for the sims to do and frankly i find it to be boring. its lost it heart and i dont see it getting any better. i have all the sims 2 eps and sps and i am loving it.
  • SecularTheocracySecularTheocracy Posts: 232 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Zeri wrote:
    sims 3 is not sims 2. its not going to be the same. if it was the same, what would be the point in making it in the first place?

if you like sims 2 better, thats fine and dandy. but this site is about sims 3. and some of us like it just fine.

as for whats missing, i agree theres some things i miss. but there are more EPs to be had. i certainly dont want to go back tho. sims 3 for me <3

Nice straw man.

No one wants TS3 to be the same. People want it to be better.
  • valleygirl2862valleygirl2862 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I miss the Aliens but going to uni was a favourite i do love Sims3 lots but some of the things we got to do in Sims2 i wish would come into 3, might start playing 2 on a different comp for a while.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2011
    If it wasn't for the loading screens and only your sims aging in the sims 2 it would have been perfect.
  • CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited February 2011
    If it wasn't for the loading screens and only your sims aging in the sims 2 it would have been perfect.
    I agree. If there was a Sims 2 game with an open world, story progression, and neighborhood aging I would buy it in a heartbeat. :)
  • lesley418lesley418 Posts: 4,077 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Ok, seriously. Let's think about this topic before replying.

The OP didn't necessarily say that they like Sims2 better. They just miss it. Quit assuming that they think it's better and are here to complaining about it. It's obvious that they were just trying to start a conversation asking others what they miss about the Sims2. And if I remember correctly, isn't Sims3 a sequel of Sims2?

People are allowed to miss things from Sims2 without having it be such a terrible thing.

I thought Sims 3 was the prequel, cuz bella is younger in Sims 3. But either way, this is exactly what I was thinking. Just cuz Sims 3 isn't supposed to be Sims 2 doesn't mean that everyone wants the play the boring, uncharacteristic sims in Sims 3. I still want to see something like the kids running to see their mom or dad after work, people sitting in their chairs at weddings etc...not the lazy stuff that we have in Sims 3.
    I am playing Sims 2 now, but if the bugs were fixed in 3 maybe I'd go back. BUT the OP only asked what you missed about Sims 2. If you don't miss anything, then why respond?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2011
    Yes there was just some things about the sims 2 that can't compare to sims 3 like

Create a Style

All clothes being available in your sims warddrobe at all times.

No loading screens.

All sims age with yours.

Better graphics.

Following your sims in their cars.

Being able to copy your in game born sims into cas and also being able to save that perfect sim you make in cas.

However thou sims 2 had better and more interactions,no rabbitholes,real vacations without quest,hotels and more. I won't mention seasons and pets because we'll be getting them in ep's their a given.
  • lesley418lesley418 Posts: 4,077 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Zeri wrote:
    sims 3 is not sims 2. its not going to be the same. if it was the same, what would be the point in making it in the first place?

if you like sims 2 better, thats fine and dandy. but this site is about sims 3. and some of us like it just fine.

as for whats missing, i agree theres some things i miss. but there are more EPs to be had. i certainly dont want to go back tho. sims 3 for me <3

Nice straw man.

Agreed!
  • Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited February 2011
    I think most of the fans who sold their copies of The Sims 2 as soon as The Sims 3 was about to come out were expecting the game to be similar, but better. They weren't expecting it to take one step forward and one step backward.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited February 2011
    magician1 wrote:
    3 words!

Sims 3 suck!

Then why come here:?:
    If you think it's so better than go to The Sims 2 forums...
  • elijahhines10elijahhines10 Posts: 6,433 Member
    edited February 2011
    Aliens

Seasons

Werewolves

Plant-sims

Sims 1 style magic
  • tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited February 2011
    Zeri wrote:

Nice straw man.

And in order for it to be better, they need to keep a majority of things from Sims2 that everyone liked and add on from there. Not take a whole bunch away and add some new stuff in. That's just a side-step :?
  • CUTEPEACHCUTEPEACH Posts: 661
    edited February 2011
    I miss:

All of these interactions:
    snapshot_f4883aae_74a88669.jpg

Toddlers can do this for sims 3. All the actions at the dinner table aswell were good for sims 2!!!
  • PingthemoonPingthemoon Posts: 174
    edited February 2011
    I don't miss it, because the loading screens used to take up to 5 minutes, on some of the locations.
    The only thing I do miss is the memories tab
  • Pody7Pody7 Posts: 109
    edited February 2011
    I sometimes find myself thinking about the sims 1.. ah the good old days, I wish I knew where those games were, I gave them to my sister when I got TS2 and she lost them :( but on the bright side with the sims 3 there are no loading screens, that used to really irritate me.. the graphics are better, more cooking options without the need to d.load CC, you can edit almost EVERYTHING again without the need for CC, you can actually chose what groceries you buy depending on what meals you want to cook (makes it a little more realistic)oh and some of the prices are a little more realistic now too! sooo yeah.. it may have its cons but it has it's pro's too :)
  • SimssLoverrSimssLoverr Posts: 122 Member
    edited February 2011
    :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited February 2011
    magician1 wrote:
    3 words!

Sims 3 suck!

Then why come here:?:
    If you think it's so better than go to The Sims 2 forums...
    Agreed!
  • PansWooPansWoo Posts: 79 Member
    edited February 2011
    I really miss the apartments! I know we have apartments in the ep but I really miss being able to build them, being able to visit other apartments etc.

I also really miss the cookery book. Can't remember which sims that one was in but being able to mix up a whole bunch of different ingredients was really neat.

I have to say that I have been seriously been thinking of reinstalling sims 2. Will wait a while and see what the next ep is.

Pans
  • scenegothgirlscenegothgirl Posts: 6,985 New Member
    edited February 2011
    magician1 wrote:
    3 words!

Sims 3 suck!
    :roll:
    ^ That is why I mainly dislike these threads
    -Not talking to anyone but magician-
    Go back to ts2 then if you think ts3 sucks so much,no one forced you to stay here,and its obvious you have little hope in this game
  • LadyjodzLadyjodz Posts: 81 Member
    edited February 2011
    I really miss the dating, running your own business, sunbathing and freezing. Having your sims sit in the car after they returned from a date or making out in the car. So I guess what I really miss is the interactions with the surroundings. I really wish they could bring that back :)
  • archerarcherarcherarcher Posts: 642
    edited February 2011
    it's the silly little things I took for granted on TS2 that I miss on TS3 like the memory tab, each family having their own photo album, interaction and bathing the babies and toddlers. But, when I returned to TS2 it was realy werid after playing TS3 for so long.
    Also I miss the wedding arch it made everything much easier (unless you have a privite wedding) and made it all seem more real.
  • MckenzieMemberMckenzieMember Posts: 1,231 Member
    edited February 2011
    I miss loads of things:
    - The humour
    - The pets
    - The weather
    - Places for all the family to go such as bowling alleys, family restaurants e.t.c
    - Going on decent holidays and honeymoons
    -Dates
    - Botiques
    - Sims going into cars and through garage doors

I miss loads of other thigns as well but I don't want to write those down as I'm missing the game after just naming those few. :cry:
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited February 2011
    In my view the sims 3 is pretty awesome in terms of the open world, building, being able to change patterns so easily, etc. Where I feel it is slightly lacking is in the actual game play itself, mainly because there is so little to keep the player amused. Sims 2 has a fun factor with many social interactions and offers a light hearted look at life whereas sims 3 is very 'work' orientated with little to do for amusement. When a sim can't do what they are planning, they often make sounds of irritation and general bad mood, which makes the sims 2 more entertaining to play. The bars and dance clubs are really good in sims 3, but the sims seem to lack a little in character, expressions and social interactions.

Now if the Sims 3 could have more social interactions and facial expressions and chatted more around the table, etc, it would be 'perfect'!
  • cmm321cmm321 Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    I miss the alien abductions, the nannys and when the neighbours used to visit. (Nobody visits my sims on TS3)
  • lovingredslovingreds Posts: 1,920 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I miss the interactions, the way sims notice each other, facial expression...so much stuff. I made a post about this some time ago with oggles of pictures. :wink:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/327856.page