Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The WORD modeling ~ Cycle One ~ Assignment Two JUDGES SEND SCORES PLZ

s4ue4l.png

fdvkb7.png

Comments

• Options
    pixie30pixie30 Posts: 6,039 Member
    edited March 2011
    Assignment Two ~ Nightmare!

Hello, you wow'd me last time and I'm sure you will this time! Welcome to your second assignment!

YOUR WORD: Nightmare!
    word meaning:
    1. A dream arousing feelings of intense fear, horror, and distress.
    2. An event or experience that is intensely distressing.
    3. A demon or spirit once thought to plague sleeping people.

So for this assignment, we are going a bit onto a darker word, look at the meaning and show me how you would portray nightmare!

Requirements:
    * One picture only
    * Small Discription
    * Be Creative
    * MUST relate to word!!

Scoring Rubic:
    Model: /10 (Your models apprence)
    Pose: /5 (Intersting pose, facial expression)
    Setting: /5 (Does your setting match the theme, and is it interesting)
    Wow Factor: /10 (how interesting is your entry)
    Creative: /10 (Did you gt creative)
    Total: /40
    Comment:

Due Date: 21st March!

Models:
    simsgal2227 - Trista Shenburn ~ :mrgreen:
    shaunnnn - Hanna Katz ~ :mrgreen:
    morgauna_11 - Caroline ~ :mrgreen:
    makebeliever1909 - Reserved ~ :mrgreen:
    Abillings - Claire Tatum ~ :mrgreen:
    SimsGirly3 - Iris Zonules ~ :!:
    Gomar6 - Connor Fairywoodson ~ :mrgreen:
    DeadlySimP - Trish Bayheart ~ :mrgreen:
    reggie0989 - Katlyn O'Connor ~ :mrgreen:

Seen it ~ :shock:
    Handed in ~ :mrgreen:
    Dropped out ~ :oops:
    Where are you :!:

Turned in!
    DeadlySimP wrote:
    Assigment 2 : Nightmare

Model : Trish Bayheart

Description :
    Trish went to take a nap so that she can unwind from her stressed program.
    Once she closed her eyes an extremely bright light blinded her and she was in the middle of nothingness...It was an empty space that had only a dim lights.She felt a prescence near her.Once she turned around she was found trapped by frozen hands.She screamed but her voiced didn't make it out.She looked down.What she saw was beyond any imagination.People were dying in her feet and pleading her to help them.While they screamed in agony they started to froze leaving a horse of ice sculptures staring her in a painful way.Two ghosts were near her,the one crying and the other laughing.She was so scared that she wanted to run...but she coudn't and she stayed there trembling with fear in the middle of nothingness...

Photo :

[img]http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i416/fafafava/Screenshot-8.png?t=1300113492"height=450 width=600"[/img]
    shaunnnn wrote:
    Model:
    Hanna Katz

Assignment Number & Title:
    Assignment Two; Nightmare

Description:
    Hanna Katz was afraid of death. As a young child she'd always feared losing her mother but it had never really entered her mind to fear for the life of her sister. No, Hanna had always assumed the three women would grow old together and that, as it goes, her mother would pass on first. Unfortunately, life doesn't always go as planned and teenagers mixed with nectar and a pool was a bad idea all around. Standing in front of Jessica's casket was like living in a nightmare.

nightmare.png

larger version here
    Assignment Number 2: Nightmares

Model: Aurora

Description: Aurora awoke suddenly by a noise and climbed out of bed. She walked over to the ajoining room where she thought she heard the noise. Nothing. She turned torwards the wall behind her, still nothing. When she turned back around to go back to bed she met the eyes of her worst nightmare. Her, as a vampire, the one thing she never wants. They were both wearing the same outfit, she was in white, the vampire in black. Her vampire self smiled as she tried to run away and Aurora let out a paniced squeel.

Photo:
    Screenshot-269.jpg
    Assignment 2: Nighmares
    Model: Trista
    Description: This may look like a happy scene besides the look on Trista, of course. But I tell you, it is not. This is the work of her dreams. Of course, dreams exagerate things. Being a dream, she "knows" that these gnomes are going to attack her. They even are recruiting a few flamingos to get her! You can even see more gnomes marching in! Yes, the scenery looks nice and inviting, but that is just the gnomes seeming good: it is there bait. Will she get taken into custody of the gnomes, or will she fall down into the mud pit below (you see the start of a cliff)? She does not want her perfect hair and clothes to get messed up. Or will something else entirely happen to her?

Screenshot-220-1.jpg
    Assignment 2: Nighmares
    Model: Claire
    Description:In Claires Nightmares she always ends up pretty much naked in a public place.
    2hxpzyc.png
    Assignment 2: Nightmares
    Model: Caroline
    Description: Caroline can never forget the time when she woke up to a huge spider hanging over her head in the middle of the night.

Screenshot-73-1.png

EDIT: haha. whoops. forgot the picture :)
    Gomar6 wrote:
    Guess I got it in sooner than expected. :D
    Model: Connor Fairywoodon
    Assignment 2: Nightmare
    Description: My nightmare is to find out that Aroma would succumb back into her alcohol addiction. I wouldn't want to find her passed out on the floor when I came to pick her up for our "tryst".
    Nightmare.jpg"width=600"
    reggie0989 wrote:
    Assignment 2, Nightmare
    Username & Model: Reggie0989 & Katlyn O'Connor
    Description: Katlyn has had the same recurring nightmare since the day her parents died in a car crash. In this nightmare, not only does she relive the car crash, but this time, Katlyn's most prized possesion, her younger sister, is in the car and dies with her parents. In the nightmare this time around, she visit's her parents grave site and sees a smaller headstone. That of her younger sister, Sammy.

YXZF2.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Scores

I just wanted to say sorry for keeping you all waiting, it won't be this long again but on the bright side you all did wonderful and impressed me :)

Scores are posted in order you submitted!

Simsgal2227 - Trista Shenburn

Pixie Says:
    Model: 10/10
    Pose: 4/5
    Setting: 4/5
    WOW factor: 7/10
    Creativity: 9/10
    Total: 34/40
    Comment: Your model looked stunning, and the flower in her hair was a cute touch, I loved the idea and it proves how much your model loves her boyfriend :)
    The setting was okay, but a little bare personally I like pictures that have a bit of clutter if they're in game :)

TapChick Says:
    WOW Factor: 8/10
    Total: 35/40
    Comments: Trista looks really pretty in this picture! I didn’t love her pose, though…I think it would’ve been better to see the actual massage or something. Likewise, it would’ve been nice to see the bad food in the background on the table. Overall, though, I liked this picture.

Jillie Says
    WoW Factor: 9/10
    Total: 36/40
    Comment: This is so adorable! I really like where you were going with this. The outfits are great, and the red really makes her pop out. The lighting on them is wonderful, as well, she has a nice soft glow. Even though your scene is very homey, I would have loved to seen the burnt food a little more. Either having the play moved over a little on the table, or having your couple moved over to the left. Overall your picture is super cute, and a great way to start off the competition!

Total Score ~ 105

Screenshot-357-1.jpg

Shaunnnn - Hanna Katz

Pixie Says:
    Pose: 5/5
    Setting: 5/5
    WOW factor: 9/10
    Creativity: 10/10
    Total: 39/40
    Comment: This entry was perfect for me, the idea was so sad but something alot of people used to go through and still do today. The setting was so nicley set up and Hanna looked stunning!

TapChcik Says:
    WOW Factor: 9/10
    Comments: First of all, I love this story (I think I said that before). Also, Hanna looks stunning! Her eyes are amazing in this picture. I really like how the picture has an old-timey kind of feel to it, too. I honestly can’t find anything wrong with this picture…it’s gorgeous. And by the way, I love the random guy in the background smiling haha! Great job, though.

Jillie Says:
    WoW Factor: 9/10
    Comment:This is simply stunning shot! You nailed everything and with a story like that it just brought everything together! I love the vintage romance you brought to this picture, and the red really makes her eyes pop out! The background is gorgeous, and I love the blurred out guy in the background. I think you really could have made this a plot twister by throwing him into the story. But the only thing I would have liked to seen different was a little more of her face, I know she's staring into her husbands eyes, but I think if they were turned just a bit more this way, it would have been perfect. Also, this is just me being nit picky but to remove the dirty place. Your setting was great, so you wouldn't need the plate to show they're at a restaurant. Over all, I think you set a great standard and I can't wait to see more that you bring to the table!

Total Score ~ 117

12121.png

Abillings - Claire Tatum

Pixie Says:
    Model: 8/10
    Setting: 3/5
    WOW factor: 6/10
    Creativity: 6/10
    Total: 27/40
    Comment: My score seems so mean, im really sorry lol. The picture doesn't work for me, the reflection in the ground is probably what ruined it for me, I just didn't like it >.< Looked like she was walking on water O.o Also I wish you gave her a more of a dancing pose, she looks robotic.

TapChick
    Model: 9/10
    Pose: 3/5
    WOW Factor: 6/10
    Creativity: 7/10
    Total: 29/40
    Comments: I like the idea of this picture. I think that Claire looks cute, but I don’t really like her outfit. Same with the background...it looks plain, and the colors don’t really compliment your model’s outfit. Also, the pose is ok, but it kind of looks like when a sim goes to make out with someone and they refuse. I would have liked to see more of a dance-y pose, if that makes sense

Jillie Says:

Model: 6/10
    WoW Factor: 5/10
    Creativity: 5/10
    Total: 22/40
    Comment: see where you are going with this, but I just don't feel like it played out as well as you thought it would. I like that you went with a different approach to dating since most pictures will be all about romance. But I have to say that this picture would have worked wonders if you had more club type outfits and changed the setting. Right now, it seems there just sort of hangout in a basement or something. I think if you would have staged it in a club, or some where more appealing it would have captured a more date type setting. Also with the clothes it's the same thing. If they were more club type or dressed up at least, it would have made this a completely different picture. Overall, love the risk you took, but it just didn't flow as well on paper.

Total Score ~ 78

16kuiw8.png

SimsGirly3 - Iris Zonules

Pixie Says:
    WOW factor: 8/10
    Comment: I loved your idea it was so creative, and your model's pose is great. I loved Ben's expression, poor dude.

TapChick Says:
    Total: 38/40
    Comments: I love the story that goes with this one! It’s really creative! :D Iris looks perfect for a day at the zoo, too. Her date, though, I think could look a little more interested in her. It would’ve been nice if he had been looking at her or something. Otherwise, though, I really like this picture.

Jillie Says:
    WoW Factor: 8/10
    Total: 37/40
    Comment: So creative! I love Ben's facial expression, someone is not impressed! The story was great, and the picture resembles it perfectly. The setting is adorable and a good use of the flamingos! You both look great, and I really like how she's snickering at his misfortunes. The only thing I would really suggest is that you probably could have cropped the picture almost at waist height, so the attention was more focused on their facial expressions. The only way I'd see you wanting it to almost be a full body is if you wanted to capture the accident on screen. Overall, I think you did a great job!

Total Score ~ 111

Screenshot-44.jpg"width=700"

Gomar6 - Connor

Pixie Says:
    WOW factor: 9/10
    Comment: I really liked your idea, deffintly creative and your picture was great! I liked how you showed him on the phone to his girlfriend, and then you also showed her too! Your model's pose with a little boring though!

TapChick
    Comments: I love the colors! They’re so vibrant and youthful! I like the idea behind the pictures, too. The split screen was really cool. I wasn’t too crazy about your model’s outfit, though. Overall, I think this is a really good picture!

Jillie Says:
    WoW Factor: 7/10
    Comment: Such an original idea, and I like it! I also really like that you took an extra step and researched your idea, that not only shows me how much you put into this, but the fact that it resulted in a very original idea! I love the two different settings, and the different lighting for both sides of the wall really helps out with the split screen affect. A couple things to work on though. First I think that one of you at least should be really happy about this exchange. I'm thinking since you are calling and just asked was perfect, but I would hope that Aroma would be a little more excited, or heart felt? I think if she was maybe swooning, over the fact your asking out would better for me. It would be like on your side you have the romantic lighting, and she would have the romantic pose. Overall, I really love your idea, but I would have loved to see some more emotion.

Total Score ~ 108

Screenshot-2558.jpg"width=600"

reggie0989 - Katlyn O'Connor

Pixie Says:
    Total: 35/40
    Comment: This was a great entry for me, and I really liked it! All 3 shots were perfect, and it's like the perfect day. Good Job!

TapChick
    Setting: 4.5/5
    Total: 36.5/40
    Comments: This is a very cute story. The biggest picture is gorgeous…I love the stars and the mountain thing in the background. Also, Katlyn looks stunning. Her hair color during the day, though, looks very yellow (like cartoon-y). I’m not huge a fan of what she’s wearing in the top left picture, either, but that might just be me. Another little thing is it would’ve been better in that same one if the walls were made of wood instead of stone (to add to the log cabin idea). Otherwise, good job! (And I love the bottom left picture…awesome!)

Jillie
    WoW Factor: 8/10
    Creativity: 8/10
    Comment: Such a sad story, and a story a lot of people are having to face now. I think this picture is super cute, and I love the last shot. The lighting is really nice, and you showcase your model very well in all three shots. The thing that I noticed was that your two side pictures are in the wrong order of your story. Even though the picture is showcased to show them spending the day together, I think having them in the right order would help with the story. I also think it would have been really cool if in the fire shot, if you had a shot with the window and added some rain on the windows, it would help the story flow through the pictures.

oLCfb.jpg

Total Score ~ 105.5

morgauna_11 - Caroline

Pixie Says:
    WOW factor: 8/10
    Total: 33/40
    Comment: This was a really cute idea, it just didn't stand out to me. Your model's pose was a little boring but she looked pretty :D (wjere did u get the hair from ? )

TapChick
    Comments: This is a really cute picture! I love Logan’s shirt…so cute! I only wish that we could see part of the city or more of a scenic background. I love this idea, but I couldn’t really tell it was a cliff. Otherwise, though, good job!

Jillie Says:
    WoW Factor: 6/10
    Creativity: 7/10
    Total: 32/40
    Comment: Love how you went for the classic date, but I would have loved to seen more of the shot! What you do have for us looks lovely, and I really like the lighting on you too. You both look so cute, and the car looks nice. Like I said before, I would have liked to see more. It's nice to see your expression, but I think if you zoomed out so we could see more of the car, and maybe even the starry sky that you're suppose to be looking at. Overall, the picture is sweet, but I feel it's really limited, with how much you cropped out.

Total Score: 103

Screenshot-10.png

makebeliever1909 - Aurora

Pixie Says:
    Model: 7/10
    Creativity: 6/10
    Total: 27/40
    Comment: This didn't wow, your idea was good but someone else already did it :( I liked the setting and your model looked pretty, however her dance pose was a little boring.

TapChick
    Comments: Aurora looks stunning! Her outfit and hair is perfect. I like the effect the bubbles and confetti added, although I would like to have seen a little more of those. It also would’ve been a little better if Aurora’s date was dressed up nicer to match her. Overall, though, good job! :)

Jillie Says:
    WoW Factor: 6/10
    Total: 30/40
    Comment: It looks like you're having a good time, but I can't really see your date. I think you could have done more of a joined pose, that way you would showcase what you wanted but your date wouldn't be hiding behind you. Even though I can tell you're at a club, I find your background seems a little confusing. I don't know how to put it, but it looks almost like there's a dance floor in front of city hall. I think if you went for a more sleek looking background, it would add a bit of class to the photo, which I find you model is dressed up like. Overall, I like where you were going with it, and with a little tweaks, it would be a great photo!

Total Score ~ 95

Screenshot-127.jpg

DeadlySimP - Trish Bayheart

Pixie Says:
    WOW factor: 10/10
    Comment: This picture blew me away, it was simply stunning! I love it, I really get a romantic vibe from it, well done!

TapChick Says:
    WOW Factor: 10/10
    Comments: Trish’s dress is so beautiful! And I absolutely am in love with the background! The fireflies (or bubbles?) add a fantasy-like feel to the picture, which is great for them falling in love. The only critique I have is that I wish the two would have been looking more at each other. Overall, though, this is a great picture! :D

Jillie Says:
    WoW Factor: 10/10
    Comment: Wow! This is so gorgeous! I was instantly drawn in. The fading black border and added sparks were an amazing touch! The setting is fabulous. The whole lighting and atmosphere is perfect! You really did an awesome job, and the angle of the camera gave it a little more edge. The only thing I would have loved to seen was some more emotion. I know it's a little hard, when you're trying to portray romance in a meal setting. But if this is the defining moment of love, I wouldn't want to be stuffing my face, haha! Overall, I was blown away, and I can't wait to see more from you!

Total: 117

[img]http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i416/fafafava/Screenshot.png?t=1299493576"height=450 width=600"[/img]

Okay wanna Know who won, and where you came?

1st Place: Shaunnnn - 117 + DeadlysimP - 117
    2nd Place: SimsGirly3 - 111
    3rd Place: Gomar6 - 108
    4th Place: Reggie0989 - 105.5
    5th Place: simslgal2227 - 105
    6th Place: Morgauna - 103
    7th Place: makebeliever1909 - 95
    +
    8th Place:
    Abillings - 78

Well done shaun and DeadlY for winning!
    Abillings, you are not Eliminated as it's non elimination but I wanna see you working thoose socks of next assignment!!
  • Options
    OceanSaphireOceanSaphire Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited February 2011
    I'll lurk. I got no time on my hands between 9 comps and homework Good luck
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    okay bump :D
  • Options
    jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited February 2011
    As I said I would love to join it, but I don't want too get my hands to full. But I'd love to judge!

Judge Form

Usernamer: jilliebee

What you look for in pictures:
    Biggest thing that I look for is expression. Whether it's on the face or throughout the entire picture. I tend to want to see a story hidden in a shot. Make it more then just the picture. It also shows that people put thought into what they're trying to create.

Why do you want to judge?
    The main reason I like to judge, is the fact that by giving my comments, the contestants have a chance to learn. I like being able to give them advice on how to improve, and of course give the encouragement to keep going.

Headshot

2wem07q.png

Judging Style
    I would like to say I'm a helpful judge. I like to give comments to help push the contestant to try harder, and give small tips on how to do so. I tend to be a little lengthy at times, but I try to make it a worthy read.
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    leegirl124leegirl124 Posts: 988 Member
    edited February 2011
    i will lurk also :)
    :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    tanks jillie :D and okay leegirl
  • Options
    leegirl124leegirl124 Posts: 988 Member
    edited February 2011
    you can just call me lee or call me stevie if you want.
    lee is my middle name and stevie is my real name :)
    :D
  • Options
    deepdowndeepdown Posts: 3,121 Member
    edited February 2011
    I'll have to think about this now, I'm in about 12 comps...
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    As I said I would love to join it, but I don't want too get my hands to full. But I'd love to judge!

Judge Form

Usernamer: jilliebee

What you look for in pictures:
    Biggest thing that I look for is expression. Whether it's on the face or throughout the entire picture. I tend to want to see a story hidden in a shot. Make it more then just the picture. It also shows that people put thought into what they're trying to create.

Why do you want to judge?
    The main reason I like to judge, is the fact that by giving my comments, the contestants have a chance to learn. I like being able to give them advice on how to improve, and of course give the encouragement to keep going.

Headshot

2wem07q.png

Judging Style
    I would like to say I'm a helpful judge. I like to give comments to help push the contestant to try harder, and give small tips on how to do so. I tend to be a little lengthy at times, but I try to make it a worthy read.

Added my headshot! I hope it doesn't have to be my selfsim. If it does I'll change it!
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Bump for Models!
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited February 2011
    Cool, I'll sign up! I am only in 2 comps (and one is in limbo...the main judge that started it, whatcha call it, has been gone for a while...)
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Model Name: Trista Shenburn
    Headshot:

Screenshot-350-1.jpg

Body shot:

Screenshot-351-2.jpg

I figured you wanted it to be all green, so I didn't show her feet since it would no longer be green there, hope that's ok.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The word you're looking for is Host, Lol :P

And she is gorgeous! I LOVE her eyes.
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    THAT'S the word :XD:. Brain fart.

I've already started the assignment. I decorated the background already! I'm going to be done before there's even another model, LOL.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I just thought I'd show an in the process shot. For my pic the lighting will be better and you will see my girl better (she should be the focal point). I have everything ready, and I know exactly what I want it to look like, but I will finish it tomorrow.

Screenshot-354-1.jpg
  • Options
    shaunnnnshaunnnn Posts: 50
    edited February 2011
    I've been lurking around the forum for a while and have been debating entering one of these model competitions. I'd love to get in on this one!

Model Name: Hanna Katz
    Headshot:
    hanna2.png

Body shot:
    hanna.png
  • Options
    TapChic521TapChic521 Posts: 705 New Member
    edited February 2011
    This is a really cool idea! I'd love to judge! :mrgreen:

Username: Tapchic521
    What you look for in pictures: I really look at the overall picture itself. I look at the model's appearance, the background, little details added in...just how everything looks together. I also love when there's a story of some sort behind the picture. Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. :)
    Why you want to judge: I want to judge because I would like to give people feedback so that they can improve their pictures in the future. Also, I am able to learn and better improve my pictures by looking at other people's.
    Headshot: Screenshot-280-2.jpg
    Judging Style: I feel like I am sometimes maybe a little too harsh, but I explain everything through comments, which tend to be rather lengthy. Like I said, I like giving people specific feedback to help them improve. In my comments, I explain things they did well, and things they can improve on, and sometimes ideas how to improve them.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    yay 2 people already i love you guys, and jillie you deffintly have a spot as my judge <3 and tapchick you do too :D
  • Options
    cumonlespartycumonlesparty Posts: 9,794
    edited February 2011
    can i sign up now?Because, this sounds so cool!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    can i sign up now?Because, this sounds so cool!

Yeah just fill in the sign up form when you have your model ready :)
    i'll reserve you
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    sweet! I'm excited...this is a cool idea :D
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    whoops...double
  • Options
    edited February 2011