Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LN's Bridgeport Lots Makeover CONTEST - LINK TO NEW TRUE BLOOD CONTEST ON P. 31

I love Bridgeport (at least the idea of it), but Bridgeport as it came packaged with Late Night seems to be a waste of a lot of unrealized potential! Some of the lots and clubs are quite tragic! I'm working on a complete overhaul of the town (beginning with those truly awful celebrity mansions!!!!), using the pre-existing community and residential lots and I'd love it if other simmers joined me. I started with a general call for lots, but that didn't seem to get enough attention. So to show I'm SERIOUS, and to get a lot of great builds, I'm hosting a contest. The rules are simple, but must be followed to the letter if you want to enter:

I) Builders must not make any changes to the existing foundations of lots, rename, or move them from their current positions. If lots are not moved or renamed, in-game opportunities will not be affected in any way. You should still get an opportunity to get celeb points for getting a drink at Banzai lounge, for example.

II) Feel free to build lots from scratch for any EMPTY Bridgeport lots.

III) Feel free to makeover homes, clubs, community lots and/ or parks, whatever lots you can find in Bridgeport...

IV) To keep things super creative and safe, I'm asking that builders not use ANY CC whatsoever. ALL cheats are allowed (and encouraged)!! EDIT for clarity: You are welcome to use EA store sets, Dr.Pepper, and T-Mobile Items.

Edit: If you are working on a lot that does not have a foundation, you could move a few of the minor exterior walls as long as it doesn't change the basic shape of the building. For example, if you were doing the Big Bling mansion you could get rid of that awful octagonal (?) garage attached to the house and build a new one, as long as you did not touch the basic shape of the bottom of the main house. You are welcome to change the size and shape above the main floor of anything you are making over however you want. You are also welcome to add extra un-attatched buildings on a lot such as a shed, garage, or poolhouse.

Please feel free to use the restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off cheat in apartment buildings.

****Please feel free to change, move wherever you like, or comepletely get rid of velvet ropes that keep certain people out of certain clubs or certain areas of clubs - this might actually make them less empty and more playable :D

Your official entry should look like this:

1. Name of lot (or where it is located) and category (residential, club, bar, gym, park, etc...)

2. A few "before" shots. One from street view, and one of the floor plans of each floor if your lot includes a building or at least one overhead shot if it doesn't.

3. "After" shots must include a street view, and one of the floor plan of each floor if your lot includes a building or at least one overhead shot of your lot if it doesn't. You may include any other shots you'd like to add to show off your lot.

Edit: If you do not know how to put pics of your lot on the forum, check out this link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/88696.page
just please don't use a 700 width, a 640 is MUCH safer and won't break my thread :D

4. A link to your lot on the exchange.

*** You may enter as many times as you like, but you need to use a separate entry for each lot. Special consideration will be given to lot types that don't have a ton of entries :D

***PRIZES***
First Prize 750 Sim points
Second Prize 500 Sim points
Third Prize 250 Sim points

(Winners may donate their prizes to other community members :D)
(I reserve the right to add Honorable Mentions)

Deadline for entries is Friday March 11 at 11:59 p.m. GMT (I reserve the right to extend the deadline if needed).

If anyone would like to volunteer to help with judging or donate some extra Sim points, let me know by e-mailing me at eatingmywordsmail@gmail.com or leaving a comment on my page.

Thanks and have fun - I'm looking forward to seeing your entries!

***I reserve the right to alter the terms of the contest if needed, so check for updates!

UPDATE: Here's a couple of pics of the lot I'm making over. I am following all of my own contest rules, so I wanted to share this to give you an example of what is possible. This lot is still very much a WIP!:

Old and New Glam Mansion Before:
Screenshot-2-1.jpg
Screenshot-3.jpg

Old and New Glam Mansion as I'm working on it. I'm designing it for a young Hollywood starlet who wants "Old Hollywood Glamour":
Screenshot-7.jpg
Screenshot-5.jpg

I've added some inside pics of my WIP on pg. 17!

Comments