Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Timeless Beauties Calendar Girls: Here We Are Now, Entertain Us-Closed For Scoring

2kfos3.jpg
Hello boys and girls! Seren is still having problems with the forum (as am I but not as bad as seren), so if you all don't mind, I'm hosting again :mrgreen:
We lost a few people last round, some on sad terms, some on happy terms. So if there are no dropouts, there will be an elimination :cry:
Sooooo if you haven't guessed by the subject title, this assignment is.......

90's Grunge!

Maybe you'd rather run and hide than leave the house looking like you just rolled out of bed, but it was cool in the '90s. Peeps wanted to look disheveled and flaunted their long, greasy locks.
88900_f520.jpg?w=520&h=380
Grunge is not about wearing anything new, and true grunge is when you get some jeans and rip them yourself. Hair does not really matter; it can be long or short, coloured, just preferably messy.
Hole-in-1993-002.jpg
But, you didn't have to be a misbehavin' dude out of Seattle (the birthplace of grunge music and fashion) to look grunge. Teens everywhere were sporting this look.
1990s-grunge-wear.jpg
Doc Marten boots, beanies, baggy and stonewashed jeans, tartan and wearing rock concert T-shirts under plaid, flannel shirts were the trend of not caring.
grunge_and_glory-13.jpg

So start raiding those thrift stores, stop washing that hair, rant about not becoming a part of some bland corporate mechanism and show us your interpretation of Grunge!!!

071116_114332_nirvanaredferns_02.jpg?w=450&h=276;[b
Assignment 6
Theme: Grunge. Show us the Grunge movement. Representation is totally up to you!
Year/Month: 1991-1993, January.

What you'll be judged on

Did you keep to the 1991-93s Grunge fashion? Is your background and extras set in the years 1991-93?

Is your Calendar Girl standing out from the crowd, or blending into the background?

Are the walls up or down? We'd prefer to see walls up, where they should be.

Are those pesky thought bubbles showing?

Are any extras in your picture behaving themselves?

RULES
1. Please be kind to each other, rudeness will not be tolerated.
2. No face plastering of any kind.
3. We will give extensions when needed, but to make it fair, we ask that you let us know TWO days before the due date, so others can take advantage of the extension. However, we will take into account things such as Patches and game issues ( we know you can not plan those issues)
4. No major changes to model once submitted, unless we allow for it in an assignment. The exception to this rule is CC skin, if skin is causing your game to have issues, I do not mind if you need to change it, just please try to keep it close to the original colour. I will also make exceptions on a case to case basis. ( I understand CC can go wonky) We request that eye colour stay the same, but if you need to remove CC eyes or contacts, that's fine.
5. Hair colour and make up can be changed at any time, it's up to you!

Scoring:

Scoring will be a 100 point process.

Creativity/Topic: /40
Setting: /35
Overall: /20
Pose: /5
Total: /100
Comments:

Calendar Girls

JKAmaryllis headbanger.gif
Bliss87 headbanger.gif
simslover740 headbanger.gif
cupcake headbanger.gif
Simsolated headbanger.gif
Sun2401 headbanger.gif
Amieechu headbanger.gif
GlamBunny8189 geezer.gif
rubygal25 geezer.gif
poida217 headbanger.gif

Seen it moptop.gif
Turned in headbanger.gif
Dropped geezer.gif

DUE DATE SATURDAY 19TH FEB

Tips and Tricks!

Ctrl + Shift + C to open cheat box, then press enter after typing what you want.
Hiding speech bubbles, skill bars and plumbbobs
Type: hideheadlineeffects on
Moving sims/objects
Type: moveobjects on
Unlocking outfits and hair
Type: unlockoutfits on
Unlocking expansion objects
Type: buydebug on
Type /help for any other commands.

In Game Camera Angles!

TAB-Puts the game into Cameraman mode, allowing better and more control of the camera, and removing the blue user interface. Make sure you are in live mode before going into Cameraman mode or you will see grid lines on the ground and floating where floor tiles may be placed.
W moves the camera forward.
S moves it backward.
A moves the camera left.
D moves it right.
Q lowers the camera angle.
E raises it.
Z Zoom in.
X Zoom out.
SHIFT plus A rotates camera angle left.
SHIFT plus D rotates camera angle right.
SHIFT plus S resets the camera.

GOOD LUCK!
Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
screenshot-3jj.jpg

Comments

• hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    edited February 2011
    80's Calendar Brides Scores!

As you know, no eliminations for that round!
    We welcome back Pixie as our third judge and we judged just a little harder but it's only because you keep pushing our expectations higher with every assignment :mrgreen:

So the blushing, winning Bride of the round was....

Sun Score 299 1st
    80swedding.jpg
    seren
    Creativity/Topic: 40/40
    Setting: 35/35
    Overall: 19/20
    Pose: 5/5
    Total: 99/100
    Comments: The gloves, that eyeshadow, the veil could you get more 80's?! The dress even has a bit of a Madonna feel with the bodice being a corset. You really got the 80' fashion down here Sun and I love it. I also really love the lighting in this photo. You've done such a fantastic job!

hush
    Overall: 20/20
    Total: 100/100
    Comments: Someones channeling Princess Di here... and I wuvs it!! OMG that veil!!! The lace gloves!!! The sweet and demure hairstyle accompanied by an innocent and humble pose and facial expression!!! Too many exclamation marks? Probably, but I need to emphasise how awesome it is!! Just remarkable capture of the 80's virginal bride Sun, and the edit of the sun's reflection? Perfection.

Pixie
    Comments:
    Is it bad I gave you full score? Of course not! I am in love with your picture, and her pose is so simple yet it helps show of that gown. I like how you put a veil on her. The setting is perfect and I just love this picture!

JK Score 297 2nd
    5384081621_5d1913217f_o.jpg
    seren
    Comments: Oh, I adore this picture. I don't actually know what to say, because to me this pic actually looks like it could be an old pic of an 80's wedding reception that someone found in the back of their closet. It's a moment in time pic and those are hard to judge. Honestly, Panda, I just don't think you could change a thing in this pic. The clothing is perfect and the extras are behaving. WOW! I love that it looks like they are just taking a moment to themselves in the middle of the party.

hush
    Comments: Pastel mixed with zebra prints, only in the 80's! Love the little details of the bridesmaids holding a rose each, the warped stains and graininess of an old photograph. I like how it's a bit dark as well, her dress and gloves gives a little goth vibe which started in that decade. It's very edgy, eighties and excellent JK!

Pixie
    Setting: 34/35
    Pose: 4/5
    Total: 97/100
    Comments:
    Your wedding is the most edgy one I have ever seen! I loved the originality of the idea and how you got your groom there, I didn't find your setting very wedding-ish (yes its a word...now...) Other than your pic looked good.

cupcake Score 296 3rd
    Screenshot-866.jpg
    seren
    Comments: This is just so 80's! Even if you did not know the assignment, one could look at this pic and know it's 80's for sure. The bride and Groom look perfect for each other. Their hair..wow, you nailed it perfectly. I love the Groom's flair of hot pink and our Bride looks stunning. Lol those flower in the background..are they fresh or are they 80's silk and plastic flowers.....real or not...one will never know. PERFECT you nailed this assignment!

hush
    Comments: God this looks like excerpt from a Slash or Poison music video :lol: That pastel eyeshadow is gorgeous, that permariffic hair, the over indulgence of flowers, isn't that what the 80's were all about? Speaking of over indulging, did Sarafiena always have such an *ahem* ample chest? If not I love the addition, as it was the decade for it. And you top it all off with some air guitar :mrgreen:

Pixie
    Creativity/Topic: 38/40
    Total: 96/100
    Comments:
    Wow girl, your picture stunned me! But before I get started I have to say two things. Loving the Avi, and where did you get the hair ;). On with the picture, you model spoke 80's and I loved how the groom was air guitaring it was such a creative touch!. I loved your model's pose, however this is just a personal taste, I didn't like all the flowers, seemed a little much ;)

Simpixie Score 290
    2s9punm.jpg
    seren
    Creativity/Topic: 39/40
    Total: 98/100
    Comments: Oh, look at her lovely 80's wedding gown! That dress so walked right of the 80's and kept right on walking into this decade, Brides just can not give up their poofy dresses can they? I love it. I giggled at her expression checking herself out in the mirror. Great job!

hush
    Comments: I always love your formal/wedding shots Simpixie. There's a softness and a sweetness to it. Classic 80's "wedding cake" dress. Very creative implementing the colour red into the flowers, the month and year date, and even her hair! Which is fantastically wavy! I would be checking myself out as well in that dress, the texture is divine! I'll miss your pictures Simpixie!

Pixie
    Creativity/Topic: 36/40
    Total: 93/100
    Comments:
    Your entry was really cute, and I like how you got the date and year on the picture, (one of the key things I look for in this competition ;) ), I think the background was really simple yet it looked great and your model's pose worked but only because she had the mirror there :)

poida Score 286
    timeless_assign5.jpg
    seren
    Comments: What a fun wedding to attend! The Bride gets sloshed, the Groom looks horrified and the onlookers are just having one wild ride, so 80's!!! The hair, the music, the atmosphere ( somewhat cheap but overdressed wedding venue) the attire all 80's, you so got this!!! Perfect!

hush
    Comments: I kinda want to say get a divorce Skye, lol. Is the groom wearing that dress that's probably cutting off her oxygen? She's just having a little fun, marry the guy with the mullet Skye, he has a sense of humour. Ugh poida, you get me all caught up in your sims! I can feel her drunken exuberance in all of her eighties pastels and big hoop wedding dress glory. Wonderful poida.

Pixie
    Creativity/Topic: 36/40
    Setting: 33/35
    Overall: 16/20
    Pose: 1/5
    Total: 86/100
    Comments:
    Your entries are humorous as always, however for this assignment I would have liked to have seen you do something a little more elegant, the hair didn't seem very 80's and the pose just didn't work for me. I do like how you have the date on calender though. Also your setting looked good :)

simslover Score 281
    343pspd.jpg
    seren
    Comments: What I love about this picture besides everything is the fact that the Bridesmaids have the scarfs on. Perfect for an evening January wedding. I adore her pose. She does looks like a very happy 80's bride in that pink dress that I can picture being 80's taffeta.

hush
    Comments: Material girl alright! She is the complete center of attention. Great posing of the blow kiss straight to the camera! And how thoughtful getting bridesmaids dresses with scarves for a winter wedding! I love the colours here simslover, the rose petals scattered across the floor, the candles and the bouquet. Such perfect little details!

Pixie
    Creativity/Topic: 35/40
    Setting: 28/35
    Overall: 16/20
    Total: 83/100
    Comments:
    You had a cute idea, and I liked how you has the year and date on your add. However I definitely wasn't a big fan of all the red. It looked to much. With the pink on top of it, the colours clashed. I did like your model's pose, and I like how you went for a coloured wedding gown instead of a normal white one. Maybe a thinner background would have looked better :)

simsolated Score 281
    40430030.jpg
    seren
    Overall: 18/20
    Comments: She is such a pretty bride and she looks very demure waiting there having her photo taken. I love this pic and I am in awe that you drew her hair ( at least I think you did) and so I am sorry when I say that whilst this is a beautiful picture, I am not sure it is quite 80's enough to really look at it and know 80's. But I do so love this picture and your style of ALL the pics you've entered! Fantastic.

hush
    Setting: 32/35
    Overall: 17/20
    Total: 94/100
    Comments: You picked a gorgeous background and honestly, huge props for that editing. I can't imagine how long that took, especially that hand drawn hair, wow! Though it is missing a bit at the back, of course, it is an amazing effort simsolated! The dress does look 90's/00's but she looks like a Grecian goddess, very darling pose :mrgreen:

Pixie
    Setting: 27/35
    Overall: 17/20
    Total: 89/100
    Comments:
    Beautiful! I loved the background you chose, and the dress is nice! I think the thing that ruined this picture for me was the hair drawn on, I know you took time drawing it and it's a very hard thing to do (I gave you extra points for creativity) however it didn't speak 80's to me, and it was missing the back of the hair, you drew all the front but not the back.

Bliss Score 278
    Sun80sad-1.jpg
    seren
    Comments: I love that you took a different approach with this assignment and went for an ad. The lace pantyhose and gloves are perfect 80's Bride material and oh my gosh, I just noticed that 80's BOW in her hair! Love it. Great picture and wonderful clean lines. Great job !

hush
    Comments: So different Bliss, it stands out, which is what you want from an ad. I could totally see this in the old 80's hair and beauty magazines my hairdresser gives me :lol: She's definitely got attitude down! Gloves, lace tights, the bow, pearls, hair, big belt, 80's all the way! Beautiful roses that are edited in, are flawless Bliss, well done!

Pixie
    Setting: 20/35
    Total: 81/100
    Comments:
    This was a cute idea o advertising the dress, however i don't think I would buy it. Simply because the setting is a bit boring, maybe if you had her in more of a weddish scenery and the text with it, it would seem more like a bridal add. I like the pose as it's really simple and compliments the dress. :)

amiee Score 276
    donecm.jpg
    seren
    Total: 92/100
    Comments: Amiee, first let me say, I really really do like your pic. It's colourful and fun and she looks like she is having a fantastic time. So, I am so sorry I had to score so low, but this just does not look like an 80's bride pic to me. If I didn't know the assignment, this pic could be anything. She looks more like she's in a band from the future. Please forgive me, because I do really enjoy this pic.

hush
    Creativity/Topic: 37/40
    Total: 94/100
    Comments: Non-traditional for this Calendar bride! It's crazy fun amiee, really out there for a wedding. I would of liked to see some more of the bridal party out there on the dance floor with her or her new hubby, it just looks like a lot of space. It's a really creative twist amiee, I'm very impressed that you're pushing yourself to think outside the box :D

Pixie
    Total: 90/100
    Comments:
    This was a brilliant entry, however if I didn't know what the assignment was, I wouldn't have thought it was a wedding, she looks like a crazy lady at a rock concert. The setting was good, but maybe if you placed the band members at an angle it would have looked more interesting!

glam Score 266
    80sWedding.jpg
    seren
    Setting: 32/35
    Total: 97/100
    Comments: Oh she looks so pretty with her white dress and her veil. I love that the veil is so big and full it's so 80's ! Her hair and make up makes her look like she just came out of a white snake video! I am sorry, and please forgive me but the background takes away from the Bride instead of adding to her and I think it's really let you down, because her pose and attitude are just so perfect.

hush
    Comments: This is like Cyndi Lauper crashed the wedding. That pose just instantly reminds of the main dance of the 80's, swing your arms and legs out! I love, love, love the background!! Sooo garish but it instantly pushes your bride out into attention. And the veil, it looks like cc! Lurve it glam!!

Pixie
    Creativity/Topic: 34/40
    Setting: 19/35
    Overall: 15/20
    Pose: 3/5
    Total: 71/100
    Comments:
    I don't think this was your best picture, it just didn't say wow to me. I think the background was a little to much as my attention was drawn more to that than your model. The veil looked edited in. Your model's pose was fine and I liked the dress you had chosen.

rubygal Score 246
    hx9pu0.jpg
    seren
    Topic/Creativity: 37/40
    Setting: 27/35
    Total: 87/100
    Comments: Your model makes such a pretty bride. I love the purple dress and the pose is just perfect. Sadly though I think your setting has let you down as it's very stark next to all the colour of the dress. I do really like the composition of the pic however. Good job.

hush
    Creativity/Topic: 37/40
    Setting: 31/35
    Total: 91/100
    Comments: She looks so divine in that midnight purple dress. Love the fact she's admiring the ring! Oo and the bouquet discreetly in the corner was a lovely touch. That being said, it didn't strike me as 80's. You've got the perfect hairstyle but it's hidden and a bit dark with the lighting effect. I want a little more oomph, it's the 80's, loud and proud!

Pixie
    Creativity/Topic: 30/40
    Setting: 20/35
    Overall: 13/20
    Total: 68/100
    Comments:
    I didn't find your entry all that creative, it seemed a little plain and for some reason your model looks stretched (graphics?) I do like the dress, pose and hair you have chosen though.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • Bliss87Bliss87 Posts: 5,865 Member
    edited February 2011
    seen it
  • JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited February 2011
    <3 seen it :D
    jz8tDGb.png
    Steam: JKAmaryllis
  • amieechuamieechu Posts: 947 Member
    edited February 2011
    YES! This decade is the best because I was born in it.June 25th 1990. 8)
  • simslover740simslover740 Posts: 3,100
    edited February 2011
    7BzAEl.jpg

Inspired by Kurt Cobain
  • simslover740simslover740 Posts: 3,100
    edited February 2011
    and i totally agree! i was a 90's kid! Late 90's tho..
    edited February 2011
    I was a child of the 80's but I actually remember the 90's xD
    jz8tDGb.png
  • poida217poida217 Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited February 2011
    Ooh, grunge, I remember it very well (I still dress like that now)

Wait a minute, isn't that Hole in the second picture?...

*Runs out of the thread screaming*
    24891575472_e27b0a3fc3_o.gif
  • simlishtrsimlishtr Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited February 2011
    hi :mrgreen: you know i lost Dawn (and many other sims). new model here and here (cassandra)
  • Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited February 2011
    seen it, the link wasn't working on the other thread
    edited February 2011
    poida217 wrote:
    Ooh, grunge, I remember it very well (I still dress like that now)

Wait a minute, isn't that Hole in the second picture?...

*Runs out of the thread screaming*
    Of course not! No, no, no, no, no, no... well yes.
    C'mon, give me a break poida! Do you know how hard it was to find chicks associated with grunge? Very. So much that I had to sink low and put up Courtney. At least she looks human there :mrgreen:

I can't view Cassandra atm simsolated due to my net but when I can, I'll email it to seren.

Thanks for letting me know Sun. There is nothing wrong with the link, the forum just keeps adding to the address when you clicked it, weird.

WOW simslover, that's totally phat! Oh yes 90s lingo, I went there.
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • GlamBunny8189GlamBunny8189 Posts: 1,507 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Yes! Seen it
  • cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Seen it! And can't wait to get started on it!
  • sereniticat2sereniticat2 Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited February 2011
    Yaaay !!! We are SO glad you guys are enjoying the Grunge theme! I've been waiting for this theme for WEEKS! I adore the grunge era. And so far I'm not disappointed! Great pics.

Yes, * drum-roll* I CAN see the pics...atm. LOL I had a little trouble getting past the oops page but I made it this time. We should re-name me the little Chrissy That Could !

Sun- love the new avi, very cute!

Simpixie!! I heard bout your good news and I'm so excited for you. Congrats!

Now, I am hoping when I hit 'enter' I can come back, but if like last time I tried I can not come back, just know I'm trying to and I'm thinking of you all! And just in case i can't get back before Monday HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY !!!
  • Simpixie2255Simpixie2255 Posts: 2,945 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Thanks Seren!

I am so jealous right now , 90's Grunge , i love it!
  • rubygal25rubygal25 Posts: 1,157 New Member
    edited February 2011
    FINALLY FOUND THE THREAD!!!! :lol:
    I was born in the 90's 8)
    But everyone I knew dressed like they were in the 80's :lol:
  • amieechuamieechu Posts: 947 Member
    edited February 2011
    rubygal25 wrote:
    FINALLY FOUND THE THREAD!!!! :lol:
    I was born in the 90's 8)
    But everyone I knew dressed like they were in the 80's :lol:

My mom will occasionally still dress like she's in the 80s.
    edited February 2011
    Meh, you'll either get exactly what he is doing in the picture or be like "Ohhh... That's what he is doing..."

Screenshot-45.jpg

Not only was grunge popular but a favorite past time (atleast in my neck of the woods) was Skateboarding <3 and where else to go skateboarding but LOVE Park in Philly in the 90's
  • sereniticat2sereniticat2 Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited February 2011
    Oh! I knew exactly what he was doing right away! FANTASTIC!!!!! :D
    edited February 2011
    Oh! I knew exactly what he was doing right away! FANTASTIC!!!!! :D

:mrgreen: I'm glad someone sees it since it's kinda hard to take a picture where someone is suppose to be doing an ollie (sp?) with out the skateboard. :lol: I would love it if they put that in game, I think all of my teenagers would be skaters.
    edited February 2011
    i knew :D<3 it! Aawww the days of Vans and airwalks
    jz8tDGb.png
    edited February 2011
    Well I'm with the majority as I gots it :mrgreen: I've tried doing skateboarding shots in game and yeah, I feel your pain cupcake.

JK, awesome! Kinda what I had in my head lol

seren!! It's sooooo good to see that blonde head of your avie!!

I am in a crazy super happy mood because after 18hrs of labour my sister finally has a baby girl!!!!! Yippeeeee!!!!!!!!!
    (keeping with the 90s decade)
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view4/1197584/carlton-dance-o.gif[/img]
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
    edited February 2011
    omg fresh prince.. best. Show. Evar. :D
    and grats to your sister!!!
    jz8tDGb.png
    edited February 2011
    Oh and can I just say ever since this assignment I've had "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm" from Crash test dummies stuck in my head xD
    jz8tDGb.png