The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life Span

Hello! I am wondering what life span most of you play on?

I like to stick with the same family and push for as many legacies as possible but I also love to get to really know my Sims so I play on LONG. But sometimes.... Right around "Adult" I start to get bored and frustrated. I want to age my kids up and move on to the next generation. But for some reason I'm terrified to go back to "Normal" because I'm scared I won't feel close to my sims anymore.... maybe that's strange but ehh..

What about all of you? What setting do you prefer?

Comments

• gembrett101gembrett101 Posts: 2,578 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I used to play on EPIC, but now I stick to normal. :wink:
  • kazz8kazz8 Posts: 35
    edited February 2011
    erm... i am a wee bit of a perfectionist and so i put it on the longest life span or even switch aging off so i can master every skill and acheive all the goals.

my sim just now is trying to do everything in china.

:oops:
  • hippiekinghippieking Posts: 52
    edited February 2011
    I play on epic, but I usually age up my sims before they are even close to they're birthday :mrgreen:
  • beba2twinbeba2twin Posts: 744 New Member
    edited February 2011
    mostly "normal" life span
  • doitlikeandydoitlikeandy Posts: 73 New Member
    edited February 2011
    That's the same way I feel! Haha.
    Right now I'm playing on epic, but I'm thinking of having some EARLY birthdays for my babies and toddlers...simply because there isn't much for them to do during that stage.
  • GardeniaBloomGardeniaBloom Posts: 411 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Normal. Everything else is too long in my opinion. I used to play on epic, but I just can't stand this anymore.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited February 2011
    Normal was too short, but didn't want epic, so I got a mod that allows a mid point, just right for me. 140 days, is lovely.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Ladyhawk1979Ladyhawk1979 Posts: 285
    edited February 2011
    I play with the lifespan set to epic--I switched to the long lifespan option once, but then I felt like I was cheating my little sims out of their childhoods! Like, I actually really did feel guilty about it. Hahahahaha--ridiculous, I know. :)

The option to set the length of the sims' lifespans is actually one of my favorite things about TS3. I always thought the TS2 lifespans were too short, so I played with aging off all the time--now, I can still have aging without feeling rushed. The lifespan options are a definite plus in TS3, in my opinion. :)
  • Shelle58704Shelle58704 Posts: 751 Member
    edited February 2011
    Usually normal. I've played on Epic once, it was interesting. Sometimes I'll switch to Long if I want to set some things up a certain way.
  • SsjdbzvegSsjdbzveg Posts: 852 New Member
    edited February 2011
    To be honest, I play with aging off and age them up when I'm ready for any my sims to grow. I don't like feeling rushed or waiting too long.
  • PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited February 2011
    My legacy is on long....which is actually REALLY long lol, and I have yet to move forward from generation 1 yet (I don't get a tonne of time to play it).

I think it gives me more time to develop a well rounded life though, friends, relationships, skills both for work and for hobbies etc....just like a real person.
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited February 2011
    I play epic, I don't get bored because I play everyone. However, I figure out the other day that if you combined YA and Adult and it adds up to about 500, this means that 14 days = 1 year. So to make things more realistic and less boring I started aging up babies at 14 days, toddlers 56 days, etc. Just because those time periods are so boring, and sim could have 10 babies at once without one of them being twins. Technically, they could still have 4, but at least this a little better.

Part of me would like a long pregnancy for the epic span, but I'll be careful what I wish for on this one.

Edit: If they ever add seasons to the game, I hope they'll add a new lifespan option which is that sims would age by the year.
  • SeamarieSeamarie Posts: 360
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for the input. :D

I think I'm going to keep my game on Long because well.... I feel can't switch to anything else!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • MGSFan612MGSFan612 Posts: 3,429 Member
    edited February 2011
    I used to play on epic but now I play on long. In my opinion long is too short but epic is too long. I usually turn aging off though for a while when my kid is a toddler because it is my favorite life stage.
  • Oliviafrost1Oliviafrost1 Posts: 4,808 Member
    edited February 2011
    I am playing on long for a new Legacy I'm making. It's coming soon hopefully
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited February 2011
    I think it's on normal at the moment. Sometimes I play on epic though.
    Usually if I want to keep the Sims at specific ages, I'll let them age normally and then just switch off aging altogether.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • SimFanAJSimFanAJ Posts: 2,755 Member
    edited February 2011
    I really only play as vampires, which already have a longer life span, but I play them on LONG. It takes over 200 Sim Days for them to age up. :lol:
    1stsiggy_zpsa76c2175.png
  • SeamarieSeamarie Posts: 360
    edited February 2011
    SimFanAJ wrote:
    I really only play as vampires, which already have a longer life span, but I play them on LONG. It takes over 200 Sim Days for them to age up. :lol:

:shock: Man, I can't imagine that. But I applaud you for your patience. :lol:
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited February 2011
    I usually play on normal now because I like to see how the family progresses through the generations. When I first started playing I liked to have aging off because I liked feeling attached to my sims and I didn't want to see them get old and die. So yeah, it took me a while to get to the point where I could play on normal and not be all freaked out that my sims were going to become crotchety and die and I do feel like I'm less attached to them now.
  • CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Either normal or long. Anything higher feels too long.
  • maxbjrmaxbjr Posts: 58 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I switch between epic and long. Epic for when I just started out and for the next generation when they hit young adult. That way I can set up, training, life goals, careers, etc. I switch to long when the babies come and stay there until they teens, close to young adult. If you end up with 2 or 3 children, the period between baby to mid-teen, is the most boring / the most anoying busy-work time there is. Even with the simbot on hand, I barely have enough time for the adult sims to do anything but care for children and sorta go to work. lol
  • maxbjrmaxbjr Posts: 58 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I really wish there was a time setting between epic and long, but alittle closer to long.
  • blueeyed32blueeyed32 Posts: 1,469 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I play on Normal. I manage to get a lot done in this time, and I feel that the Teen stage is too long in normal for me lol.
    I don't know how people can stand playing long, let alone Epic :shock:
  • StrawberryBasketStrawberryBasket Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited February 2011
    I'm using a mod. 320 for short and 640 days for epic I love it. I could also alter that if I wanted things to be shorter/longer.
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited February 2011
    I play on short :oops: Lol I get bored of sims fast, so I like them to age up fast.
    WLfAA9V.png