Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I saw you SimGuru Hydra! *waves* You were just here!

Hiya!

I know the chances of getting a response from a SimGuru are pretty slim, but you never know eh?

Thank you for this great game and all your hard work and dedication. If I could I give you a Lord Sponge statue! But since I can't, but wanted to, can I ask for something for you all to consider?

The forum is great, and I love the avatars, but have you noticed, and I'm sure you have that we went from 50 threads that show up on the main pages to 15? This sure makes your moderation job very hard I'm sure. Just think of all the mouse clicks you'd save yourselves if there were more threads on a page, you could just look down the long page, and see any controversal thread titles, and then click on the next page. Instead of glance, click, glance, click!

And to find those controversal threads, wouldn't it be easier with a better search engine findie thing? I know you all didn't create it, but it sure lacks at it's job, not like you all! And if the search engine worked better, than there would be less reduntant threads written, and more people would be impressed with the forums! :P

And last but not least, wouldn't more sub categories on the forums help you all also? How can you find all the new EP ideas? How can the people that really need help be seen? They make a post and it's buried 10 pages back in 15 minutes?
Where's the general gameplay section? Or the challenges, or the website section-where I would have been sure to put this thread?

All this is way more important that us being able to PM each other! But just think, if we could PM each other, the forums go that much slower, cause everyone would be in PM's and then your moderator's jobs would be easier! And you could help more people over in the technical forum, which would make more happy Simmers. More happy Simmers would make more money for EA in the long run, giving you even more job security than we already do! It's a win win situation for everyone!

Yes! Once again thank you, I really love the game and have hardly any problems at all!

Happy Simming everyone!

Comments

• pinkdoombunnypinkdoombunny Posts: 66 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I like your logic :mrgreen:
  • koolmoeCEEkoolmoeCEE Posts: 1,370 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I like your logic :mrgreen:

Ditto!
  • caitlinx00caitlinx00 Posts: 170 Member
    edited June 2009
    I'm posting too, so your thread doesn't get buried by fifty others in ten minutes! I agree, the forum needs a big overhaul.
  • Proverb87Proverb87 Posts: 4,658 Member
    edited June 2009
    Let me add my voice, too.
  • Conis67Conis67 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Agreed
  • cudleybabysimcudleybabysim Posts: 865 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree! (And might I say, a very nicely written post! lol). While they are at it fixing the website, they could also fix the email notifications because I don't receive anything. I also really agree with having more sub boards and more threads per page. More sub boards would be very nice! I also (personally) would rather have all of the replies on one page. It's a hassle to have to say "go to page two of this thread." Especially when it is a picture thread and the sides of the page are all messed up.
  • JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited June 2009
    Agree!
    I love how nicely you put all of that
  • pinkdoombunnypinkdoombunny Posts: 66 New Member
    edited June 2009
    [/quote]

I like how the replies on TS2 forum were all on one page and posts didn't get buried. But I like this forum too. I think I just got so use to TS2 forum and I don't do well with change lol. It will just take me about a week to get use to it.
  • PahtiraPahtira Posts: 423 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree! (And might I say, a very nicely written post! lol). While they are at it fixing the website, they could also fix the email notifications because I don't receive anything. I also really agree with having more sub boards and more threads per page. More sub boards would be very nice! I also (personally) would rather have all of the replies on one page. It's a hassle to have to say "go to page two of this thread." Especially when it is a picture thread and the sides of the page are all messed up.

Ugh! I know what you mean! I'm always running around, looking for my threads that I've posted in. And the picture stretching (while I admit I was a victim of this) is annoying. And I'm not receiving notices when people respond to my messages. And I have the box checked. :?
  • uioperuioper Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2009
    You're totally wright
  • OliverSuddenOliverSudden Posts: 514 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'd really love an "off topic" forum just to hold all the avatar, sig related, and game posts. It's gotta be frustrating to post a question and have it buried on page three in ten minutes because of all the stuff on page one.
  • TwilightWaterlilyTwilightWaterlily Posts: 182 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Another bump for you from me. ^.^
  • msells1516msells1516 Posts: 1,521 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i agree and also i would like for people to be able to comment on other people's pages and even send private messages.
  • bananabunbananabun Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I also agree! 8)
  • cudleybabysimcudleybabysim Posts: 865 Member
    edited June 2009
    Pahtira wrote:

Ugh! I know what you mean! I'm always running around, looking for my threads that I've posted in. And the picture stretching (while I admit I was a victim of this) is annoying. And I'm not receiving notices when people respond to my messages. And I have the box checked. :?

I have the box checked also :/ I'm having the problem on TS2.com also, and I've asked EA about this and they never replied...It takes forever to look at everything that you have posted and then to look back and see if there is a reply. And for the picture thing, I would love to be able to post the pictures as the pictures and not the links because it's easier just to be able to see the pictures without opening the links, but it makes the website so wacked up. They should hire more people to deal with these problems ;) lol. Then some people can get jobs in this economy! lol. And, there would be happier customers :)
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree with OP too

cyn
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • cabby346cabby346 Posts: 158 Member
    edited June 2009
    I will bump for great justice.
  • SaraniaSarania Posts: 254 Member
    edited June 2009
    Agree!
    I love how nicely you put all of that

Couldent have said it better myself :D
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree 100%
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • DebraLee27DebraLee27 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree. This forum could really use some more organization. :?
  • SimposiastSimposiast Posts: 70 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree, the forum is really hard to read, but there is another way to keep up that's much easier.

If you see this button xml_button.gif on any web page, it means it has an rss feed, which means it can send your computer a list of all the updates.

If you have Internet Explorer and click the orange button, you'll see a list of new posts for the page you're on, and at the top it will say 'subscribe to this feed'. Click that, and updates for that page will get downloaded to your computer in future. To see your feeds in IE8 click on the button with the yellow star to open the favorites side panel, and that has a tab at the top that says "Feeds".

You can get RSS feed readers that can display updates from rss feeds better than IE does. You can use rss on lots of web sites and forums. It means you can get all your updates together in a standard format, instead of navigating lots of different web sites to see if they have updates.
  • kaloesche68kaloesche68 Posts: 815 Member
    edited June 2009
    Thanks everyone for your replies! Still waiting for a SimGuru's thoughts though, LOL!

Simposiast, thanks for that tip, but just one thing, if you use that rss feed, and you get alist of all updates, wouldn't that be like-all of the new posts in a day? I had to go back 9 pages to find this thread, and I made it last night around 12:30am, so would I also get ALL the threads made after that? Sorry if I'm not making much sense, but wouldn't that be HUGE?

Happy Simming all, and I need ravinhood to keep this up on the front page so the Guru's see it easier! :D
  • ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    edited June 2009
    just adding another comment so this thread doesn't get buried. I totally agrre too.
  • FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited June 2009
    More threads per page would certainly help a lot
    and an OT section (for avatargames and what not)
    would be great too :thumbup:
    Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • AlyssizzleAlyssizzle Posts: 314 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow - you think a lot about other peoples jobs...

LOL!!