Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aantalia - A Mediterranean city: Rough BETA Version Up!

Welcome to Aantalia! I now have four WIP worlds, but am planning to finish this one before working on the others. The reason is that I have simply fallen in love with this world more than the others! The vibrant colors of the downtown stand in sharp contrast to the pale yellow desert sand. The luxurious homes near the inland oasis are the ideal place for wealthy sims to sit back and relax. The bright, glimmering turquoise waters of the bay make for a gorgeous backdrop to the city. Finally, a large, age-old palace stands in stoic vigil upon a rock cliff jutting out into the ocean. Check back occasionally for updates, though, and please leave feedback. Thanks! :D

Best images collection; pics that really give you a feel for the town as a whole, vs. more specific updates:

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/508/552/008/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=600, height=400"[/img]

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/771/600/008/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=600, height=400"[/img]

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/994/600/008/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=600, height=400"[/img]

[img]http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/992/600/008/00/screenshot_original.jpg "width=600, height=400"[/img]

Screenshot-71.jpg

Screenshot-84.jpg

Screenshot-82.jpg

NEW Update 5/29/11

This update includes:

An adorable victorian by the sea, tragically trapped among highrises.

New details to the fairgrounds.

Streetlights! Thus night pictures.

The trees are done! Aantalia helps fight global warming. :P

Some new ugly highrises in the industrial district.

A new suburban home along with some cute beach townhomes.

Screenshot-75.jpg

Screenshot-76.jpg

Screenshot-77.jpg

Screenshot-78.jpg

Screenshot-79.jpg

Screenshot-80.jpg

Screenshot-81.jpg

The luxury condo - you can't top these views!

Screenshot-722.jpg

Screenshot-712.jpg

Screenshot-74.jpg

Screenshot-73.jpg

Screenshot-85.jpg

Screenshot-87.jpg

Screenshot-88.jpg

Screenshot-89.jpg

Screenshot-90.jpg

I'm going to put the release date for beta as being approximately one month from now. I'm going for a two week trip starting July 4th, and I'm hoping to finish the first version of it before then. Naturally there will be glitches at first, but those will get fixed with later versions.

To see more pictures of Aantalia, check out some of the later pages; there you'll find some images of the other houses and lots around the town as well as earlier pictures. Thanks for looking! :D

Comments

• twinsimstwinsims Posts: 69 New Member
    edited January 2011
    This is AMAZING.
  • SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    edited January 2011
    It looks really nice so far. Look forward to more.
  • ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited January 2011
    Looks very unique. I do love the colors.
  • ashpie88ashpie88 Posts: 3,163 New Member
    edited January 2011
    This is absolutely amazing! I can't wait for it to be finished :)
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited January 2011
    Love what you've done, the colors are so cheerful! One of the men in my painting class vacations regularly in the Mediteranean and paints the towns. Very vibrant colors.

Will keep an eye on this.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • tl8autl8au Posts: 168 New Member
    edited January 2011
    looking good :D
  • Envie42Envie42 Posts: 222 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Those vibrant colors would make your world a perfect berrysweetsims world! :wink: I'll bookmark this and give it a whirl when you've got it done, looks fun!
  • ctx43801ctx43801 Posts: 126 Member
    edited January 2011
    Your world looks lovely so far. The new store stuff - the Grecian stuff - would look great in your world. Will definitely keep this one bookmarked. Thanks for sharing!
  • SmartTrek8699SmartTrek8699 Posts: 472 Member
    edited January 2011
    this is one Ill keep an eye on as well it looks neat
  • starlightkcstarlightkc Posts: 3,186 Member
    edited January 2011
    Wow, wow, wow, amazing! The houses really do look Mediteranean, you should be proud!
  • ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited January 2011
    I love the colours, and the painting. The overhead pic looks like a real town :shock:
  • simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited January 2011
    What a beautiful world! :)
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited January 2011
    Holy Wow! It looks amazing. I'll be keeping an eye on this world.
  • Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited January 2011
    That looks outstanding, love what you have done with the water and the buildings are fine looking, very suitable for the world your building. :D
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member
    edited January 2011
    This looks beautiful. I can't wait to see how you progress. Way to go :D
  • RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited January 2011
    How lovely. Am bookmarking this one. I do hope you are not using cc. I would love to play this world. It is unique. :D
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited January 2011
    Saw the first pic and thought 'I want this!'
    Awesome work so far, can't wait to see more.
  • MomSonSimFunMomSonSimFun Posts: 486 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Wow, thanks for this awesome response so far, everybody! The world will be entirely CC, mod, and store free. It won't require any stuff packs, but will need Ambitions, WA, and LN.
  • moefymoefy Posts: 251 Member
    edited January 2011
    hai nice world
  • Sims3Rocks09Sims3Rocks09 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited January 2011
    This world looks so nice. The homes look like actual mediterranean houses. Looking forward seeing this complete!
  • smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited January 2011
    Sexy houses! :mrgreen:
  • MomSonSimFunMomSonSimFun Posts: 486 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Thanks, all!

Smoogie - umm... thank you! :D

I've been sick the past few days, so I haven't been able to play, and tomorrow there's supposed to be a gigantic blizzard by me, so there's a chance I'll lose power. However, if I don't, there'll be plenty of time to play since my school called a snowday even before the snow is here!
  • ctx43801ctx43801 Posts: 126 Member
    edited February 2011
    Thanks, all!

Smoogie - umm... thank you! :D

I've been sick the past few days, so I haven't been able to play, and tomorrow there's supposed to be a gigantic blizzard by me, so there's a chance I'll lose power. However, if I don't, there'll be plenty of time to play since my school called a snowday even before the snow is here!

You must live here in the Midwest. I'm in Missouri and the blizzard has started - actually the ice storm part of it, started around 3 this AM. Now, we're in the snow part - 2 feet expected. :shock: Good times! Like you, hoping the electric doesn't go off.
    Glad you're feeling better and hope you get to play today. Keep warm!
  • frenchpoodle777frenchpoodle777 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Oh my gosh. Its beautiful. is there any way you can upload the beautiful houses?
  • amaholusamaholus Posts: 423 Member
    edited February 2011
    This looks very good so far :D I really like the bright colors and terrain paints you used. I look forward downloading this world in the future!