Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

eight months now still can't downlode

Why oh Why???????? Is my money not good enough? i can certainly buy sim points, is my wish to own your products not strong enough..I can certainly download on other sites. In fact I can download everywhere but at the store. I live in America, not a third world county....why does the store not work? I can even download from third world countries,lol. They have some great sites.

I have been in contact with level 3 personel, they couldn't solve the issue.I was told to stay in contact.....but that was simply a ruse .Does not matter what your contact number is you still go back to ground zero,lol.

I love the sims.I will keep playing. My game is full of cc and it play's fine. I would just like to have the right or usage if you will to shop at a sanctioned sims store. Quit makeing me feel as if I'm undocumented,,,you know what I mean.

Comments

• Options
    sambailssambails Posts: 1,025
    edited January 2011
    If you have satelite Internet then that probably is the problem
  • Options
    crunkcrunk Posts: 163 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Are you just not able to get things to download into the game? Or is it with the website? I had problems with getting stuff from the store to download into my game (it wouldn't show up in my download manager) but the site would show I bought it.
  • Options
    reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited January 2011
    Are you only using the store on this website, or have you also tried to use the in-game store download manager? Once in the in-game store (F4, I believe, or just click the appropriate button in Buy/Build Mode or Create a Sim) there is a button on the top left to send you to your list of purchased items, with an indication as to whether they have been installed. From there it should just be a simple matter of clicking on the Install button beside each item.

You may have already tried this; but in the event that you have not then it may be an avenue to pursue as I have found the in-game store to be a more reliable method of item acquisition.

There are two end-user possibilities, as well: your firewall is blocking it (unlikely, but something to consider); or, and this is the more likely of the two, this is a case of your provider throttling your bandwidth, and the Sims store being the happy recipient, amongst other sites and data distribution methods to which you are or not aware. Generally they target Torrent ports specifically when throttling comes in to play; but each internet provider, and in many cases each BRANCH of a provider, tends to do things differently in this regard when it's a practice that they engage in.

- Hans
  • Options
    reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited January 2011
    Removed - double post.
  • Options
    AlexPej79AlexPej79 Posts: 124 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I just had the problem. I thought it had to do with Windows 7. I just put this on my new laptop.

Well make a long story short. I tried everything, then I was let me try from firefox not internet explorer. It worked.

Downloading from firefox worked, also made firefox default browser.

If someone says this is not true, well worked for me.

If you tried this, then not sure why.
  • Options
    TigMagickTigMagick Posts: 1,661 Member
    edited January 2011
    I had a problem where I couldn't download/install Some of the items I had bought. I had to fully patch the game before I could. I dont know why it worked but it did. I hope you find a soluion to your problem.