Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WOW-Sims Medieval

So around the forums i heard talk of the sims medieval and was thinking just another expantion pack doest add anything new sounds kinda boring, BUT THEN i watched the trailer for it on the official website and OMG I am hooked The Sims Medieval will add so much the that game, your sims now have a purpose the way you play the game actually effects the way the game turns out. I can wait for this game to come out, if your not so sure check out the links to the official website and watch the trailer it will convience you that the sims medieval is great your sim will go on quests and there is a Kingdom that you build up and there are heros and villians it looks amazing i am now HOOKED on the Sims Medieval.

http://www.ea.com/the-sims-medieval/videos/epic-trailer

Comments

• CUTEBINACUTEBINA Posts: 3,478 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Its not an expansion pack Its a stand alone game
  • lilcasslilcass Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited January 2011
    Yeah. It looks amazing. But it's not an expansion pack. :) Not sure if my comp. could handle it. I love the time period though.
  • OrathiOrathi Posts: 717 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Ehh i dont like it at all lol dont have to worry about me paying for that gamee
  • 22SimGirl2222SimGirl22 Posts: 209
    edited January 2011
    I love the idea that there is point and depending on the choices you make you have different outcomes. its a great new base game i love it
  • Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm not sure if combining a watered-down RPG with a less-customizable version of The Sims 3 was really such a good idea.

But I guess we'll find out in March! I'm curious but not optimistic...
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • schmezzleschmezzle Posts: 1,616 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Glic2003 wrote:
    I'm not sure if combining a watered-down RPG with a less-customizable version of The Sims 3 was really such a good idea.

These were exactly my thoughts too.
    I must admit I am a little intrigued though.
    I'm gonna wait till reviews for it start coming out before I think about buying it.
  • Citrina5Citrina5 Posts: 1,252 New Member
    edited January 2011
    schmezzle wrote:
    Glic2003 wrote:

These were exactly my thoughts too.
    I must admit I am a little intrigued though.
    I'm gonna wait till reviews for it start coming out before I think about buying it.

I thought the same about waiting for a people's reviews but I don't know because off the pre-order bonus that adds two sets off clothing and tree furnishing sets. It does really sound tempting, but I think I’ll wait.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm going to buy it, just because I like the time period, I despise that I'll probably have to design my own buildings since my building skills are below beginner, but hey I like this time period.
  • caseynicole_23caseynicole_23 Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited January 2011
    They should had just made it another expansion pack instead of another base game :/
  • Jaghar7Jaghar7 Posts: 3,314 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Curious probably best describes me. However, after looking at the website I am skeptical. There seems to be some good points but I saw nothing that indicates that this is actually a SIMS game. Can you build your own lots? Do these sims age? Can they actually die? Can they have kids? Just what about this (apart from the technology) makes it Sims?

It's a little ironic that as it stands now I would likely get Medieval eventually IF is wasn't "Sims" but with the Sims label comes certain expectations. As it is it feels like Medieval will be too static.

Ok cool we can customize the look of our throne room, but what about the rest? It kinda looks like we'll be limited to shell buildings. Now shells will all be well and good but I want to be able to make my own as well.

I'm entirely on the fence. If it's good enough I would completely switch from TS3 to Medieval. I pretty hate modern day settings. Give me just about anything else! I could totally do Medieval if it's true enough to Sims to be worthy of the name.

Of course, there's always the EA factor which is rarely (if ever) a good thing.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    edited January 2011
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    There seems to be some good points but I saw nothing that indicates that this is actually a SIMS game. Can you build your own lots? Do these sims age? Can they actually die? Can they have kids? Just what about this (apart from the technology) makes it Sims?

Of course, there's always the EA factor which is rarely (if ever) a good thing.

No they can't age and if you played the original sims? medival's sims's kid are like that-but the kids CAN age up if the mom/father dies. NO you can't build lots.
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited January 2011
    Leave it to these guys to take more steps backwards than forwards. Doesn't really sound much like Sims to me. I guess we'll see.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    edited January 2011
    another thing don't get your hopes up for horses or any other animal in the Sims Medieval---not there.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Saide7Saide7 Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited January 2011
    It is NOT like the sims1, 2 or 3. It is a separate stand-a-lone game. It was NOT meant to be like the sims 1 2 or 3.
    edited January 2011
    I think at least most of us get that isn't supposed to be like any previous sims game so far. However, if you're going to call it SIMs then you should at least cover the fundementals.
    edited January 2011
    Your blacksmith will forge weapons of varying quality you’re your physician will create cures for a variety of ailments.

Nice typo and grammer right smack on the home page. Kinda reminds me of LN's miscatorgized objects. Not a good sign.
  • ThePRPDThePRPD Posts: 40
    edited January 2011
    Relax. It's just a typo. It happens.
    edited January 2011
    Double posting.
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    Leave it to these guys to take more steps backwards than forwards. Doesn't really sound much like Sims to me. I guess we'll see.
    Saide7 wrote:
    It is NOT like the sims1, 2 or 3. It is a separate stand-a-lone game. It was NOT meant to be like the sims 1 2 or 3.
    ^- This. It's not meant to be like The Sims games. It's a Medieval Times SIMulator. Just as the title, The Sims: Medieval, indicates.

The youtube page says it's a new BASE game. It sounds like it's implying that it may have its own expansions.

Because this is a separate game and not apart of the main The Sims games it should be expected, and obvious, that it's not going to have most or some of the same features as the main games and have new features, mode, events, etc. that fit the Medieval times setting.
    edited January 2011
    One typo is an error. Many simple mistakes that are never caught despite supposedly having a QA process is a bad sign. It's not the error the bothers me. It's the rather consistant lack of people at EA not catching them that I find disturbing.

Also I'm not asking for or expecting another TS3 (or TS2). Though if you're going to call it Sims, it should BE Sims. If you watch the producer's walk through video it seems like they did actually try to preserve that aspect in the game (lack of aging, elders or building etc not withstanding). We will see how well they did.
  • Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited January 2011
    There's actually more than one typo on the website. ;)

I think TSM will be fun for a couple of weeks, and then the lack of customization and questy gameplay will eventually lead to boredom.

I also predict it will be rushed and buggy, just like the expansions for TS3 have been.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • JuliababyjenJuliababyjen Posts: 783 Member
    edited January 2011
    I for one, am excited! I am hoping it works better than TS3. I LOVE my TS3, but I am constantly experiencing problems on it, and it is def. not my computer! I rarely had problems with TS2 and TS1, I can't understand why EA can not fix the constant problems people have with TS3. I am almost to the point where I might have to uninstall and reinstall everything and start from scratch and lose all my games. :(

Anyway, I love the idea of the kingdoms and quests. It reminds me a little of World Adventures. I personally like that kind of game play. But I can see where some people don't, and I guess those people would not be happy with this game.

After I buy it and play, I'll let you guys know what I think :wink:
  • darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited January 2011
    Saide7 wrote:

Then why are they calling it the SIMS Medieval?

When I first heard about this game I was beyond excited. :shock: I have been begging for a medieval Sims game since TS1. I have posted more requests for a medieval EP on the TS1 and TS2 forums than I can count. The Sims Medieval was like a dream come true for me!

Then I read more about it and found that they left out everything that made me want a medieval SIMS game in the first place. :(

The whole reason that people like me wanted a medieval Sims game was so that it would play like a Sims game.

I didn't want an RPG. I wanted to be able to raise families, build houses and community lots, and play my Sims in a medieval setting. A few quests and tournaments would have been fun, but what I really wanted was a sandbox/doll house set in medieval times. I also wanted horses.

This game is such a disappointment. EA totally blew it. They don't have a clue about what simmers like me want or why we play the Sims.

I'll just stick to building my medieval lots in TS2.
    421b.png
    edited January 2011
    Jaghar7 wrote:
    it should BE Sims.
    I stand by my previous post.
    Saide7 wrote:

Then why are they calling it the SIMS Medieval?
    quoting myself...
    ThePRPD wrote:
    It's not meant to be like The Sims games. It's a Medieval Times SIMulator. Just as the title, The Sims: Medieval, indicates.

Spin-off titles/stand-a-lone games aren't going to have all the elements of a typical The Sims game and even have elements on its own. Stand-a-lone games in the past have been like that.

I don't see anything wrong, or at least personally, with Medieval not having not having some of the features usually seen in the main The Sims titles. Maybe because I expected this when I originally saw the trailers and didn't have an issue with it and usually expect it with The Sims spin-offs/stand-a-lone games.
  • darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited January 2011
    ThePRPD wrote:
    I don't see anything wrong, or at least personally, with Medieval not having not having some of the features usually seen in the main The Sims titles. Maybe because I expected this when I originally saw the trailers and didn't have an issue with it.

Well, maybe that's because you haven't been asking for and dreaming of a medieval game with all those features for years.

I would have been first in line to buy a medieval Sims game that was a sandbox. I won't even bother with the Sims Medieval, because I know I wouldn't enjoy it. I build and raise families. I already have too many RPGs lying around that I don't play.
    edited January 2011
    Let me take a wild guess. You and maybe other Simmers who loved building Medieval theme stuff were the ones dreaming of the perfect or near-perfect Medieval themes The Sims game?