Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New traits

What if new personality traits could be bought on-line - just like hairstyles, furnitures and clothes? What traits would you wish for to make your sims even more unique? :D
Z5yqGx5.png

Comments

• Options
    AbubakrAbubakr Posts: 476 Member
    edited January 2011
    What if new personality traits could be bought on-line - just like hairstyles, furnitures and clothes? What traits would you wish for to make your sims even more unique?

I noticed some traits have opposites like flirty and unflirty or Athletic and Couch Potato, and some traits don't like absent-minded or frugal. So if I could choose new traits it would have to be the opposite of Natural Cook which could be Fire Hazard: Every meal you cook will be burned to a crisp. :lol:
  • Options
    aganabaganab Posts: 61
    edited January 2011
    I'd like a Fangirl trait. A sim with that trait would chase around famous sport players, rock stars or celebrities (if Late Night is installed). They would receive a special moodlet after speaking to a famous sim or receiving an autograph. They could also choose one famous sim to be their idol. Then they could give presents to their idol, have wishes about him and send love letters to him, which could end up with the idol telling the sim to stop stalking him. When the idol would do that, the sim would start hating him and so the idol wouldn't be the idol anymore. The sims would then get a negative moodlet and after the moodlet disappeared, the sim could choose another idol. Sims with the Fangirl trait would also be better at the Journalism career.

@Abubakr, that's quite a good idea. Sims with that trait should earn the cooking skill a lot slower than normal sims and have a higher chance of setting their oven on fire. But, when the sim with that trait reached the top of the cooking skill, instead of having a 100 percent chance of burning the meal, it should get down to 75 percent.
  • Options
    cocosam966cocosam966 Posts: 190 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I think a peppy trait would be nice. Just imagine a sim with both this trait and easily excitable! Maybe when they walk outside they get a moodlet that's says "There's something about the sunshine"
    And then the opposite trait would be depressed sims, who would almost never smile...unless they had one to many juices. :lol:

I think if/when (let's face it, all the signs are pointing to one) they make a seasons pack, they should make another favorite: Favorite season, and during that season they'd get a moodlet or a moodlet for the first day of that season.
  • Options
    Cicko8Cicko8 Posts: 45
    edited January 2011
    What about bossy. For interactions you get to order your sim around.
  • Options
    AbubakrAbubakr Posts: 476 Member
    edited January 2011
    aganab wrote:
    @Abubakr, that's quite a good idea. Sims with that trait should earn the cooking skill a lot slower than normal sims and have a higher chance of setting their oven on fire. But, when the sim with that trait reached the top of the cooking skill, instead of having a 100 percent chance of burning the meal, it should get down to 75 percent.

Thanks @Aganab, I like yours too. Maybe there could be a wish to start a collection. So you could track how many Idols' autographs you have. You could even use the collection helper reward to find all the new celebrities.

@supersimsangsung, I hope the people at EA are reading this thread. It's nice when you play a game and see something you wrote was used.
  • Options
    Maromi_kunMaromi_kun Posts: 171 New Member
    edited January 2011
    What if new personality traits could be bought on-line - just like hairstyles, furnitures and clothes? What traits would you wish for to make your sims even more unique? :D

Personality as DLC? FOR THE LOVE OF WILL WRIGHT NO!

This will cause divide between the community. What if someone saw a awesome Sim you made but finds out it has a Store-only trait? What if they have no Simpoints but they really want it? I'd rather have it in an update/Stuff Pack/Expansion. Think first. The Sims Store is a cash grab and if they make Personality traits DLC, THE SIMS IS DEAD TO ME
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Abubakr wrote:
    Thanks @Aganab, I like yours too. Maybe there could be a wish to start a collection. So you could track how many Idols' autographs you have. You could even use the collection helper reward to find all the new celebrities.

A wish: "Get another 25 autographs" :D
  • Options
    SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited January 2011
    Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas :D

I believe that a much wider range of traits would make Sims3 an even more interesting game-experiance. If sims3-players could pick and choose (buy) traits on-line (traits they might have been missing for some reason) it sure would allow a greater variety of sim-characters to come alive, right?

Here are some traits I think would be fun:

-Curious
    -Headstrong
    -Cold/warm personality
    -Afraid of darkness
    -Talkative
    -Dead-serious
    -Profound thinker
    -Dreamer
    -Cynical
    -Clairvoyant (maybe this trait could allow a sim to see more paranormal activities, that "normal" sims won´t notice?)
    -Nice
    -Jealous
    -Tolerant(This trait could for example prevent a sim to loose his or her temper to often?)
    -Haunted by nightmares
    -Agile

:D I could probably go on forever...

I mean, don´t you all think it would be super-cool with an endless list of traits on-line? The possibilities to create sims with a more unique set of interactions would then be infinite :D

The real magic in sims3 happens between the game-characters - when they interact in new interesting ways - not repeat themselves (or copy eachother) over and over, if you know what I mean... :wink:

Please, feel free to share your thoughts about New Traits on-line!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Nice is already in the game, but with a different name - Friendly (or Good). Same with Dreamer, which is in the game as Absent-Minded. From all of the ones you listed, I think Jealous is the best one. Sims with that trait would always be jealous of people that have better lives than him/her and if they really have a good reason to be jealous they would explode with anger and would make the person that they're angry at their nemesis. That is how I would imagine it.

If traits were sold in the Store, I think they should be pretty cheap, 100 sim points most. And, of course, some of them should be free.

Edit: There's also a Shy trait that came with Late Night.
  • Options
    masterw3masterw3 Posts: 201 Member
    edited January 2011
    i was thinknikng of this the other night:

Responsibility (pays bills without you having to tell them, could perform a few other tasks)
    BrewMaster (bonus to quality for Nectars/wines)
    Positive Attitude (affects mood level calculation maybe 10% boost)
    Writer (Will work on writing without having to be told to, may enjoy it)
    Jealous
  • Options
    DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I want them to be added to updates like the vehicle lover trait (I forgot the exact name).
  • Options
    AlyssaLeexoAlyssaLeexo Posts: 260
    edited January 2011
    cocosam966 wrote:
    I think a peppy trait would be nice. Just imagine a sim with both this trait and easily excitable! Maybe when they walk outside they get a moodlet that's says "There's something about the sunshine"
    And then the opposite trait would be depressed sims, who would almost never smile...unless they had one to many juices. :lol:

I think if/when (let's face it, all the signs are pointing to one) they make a seasons pack, they should make another favorite: Favorite season, and during that season they'd get a moodlet or a moodlet for the first day of that season.

Agreed

Nerdy
    Fire Hazard (bad cook)
    Fan girl
    Fashionable
    Procrastinator (always late for parties and what not)
  • Options
    TJSlippermanTJSlipperman Posts: 79
    edited January 2011
    Some of the ones listed I like.

Here's one I thought of:
    Grudge-Bearing - When a Sim ends up making an enemy or worse relationship with another Sim, s/he harbors a grudge against that Sim, causing the relationship score for that Sim to not decay towards zero value at all (or decay VERY slowly, i.e. much slower than normal, if it has to). Also gets extremely annoyed when the enemy Sim is in the same room or attempts to approach or confront the Sim, even with an attempt at positive interaction.

Having Asperger's syndrome, I'd also think an "Aspie" trait would be cool, but I'm not sure it would be politically correct labeled as such...Maybe as "Socially Awkward" or "Geeky" perhaps (i.e. combination of loner/shy/neurotic with computers/gaming/science/logic-skilling tasks as preferred hobbies)?

Tim (aka the Slipperman)
  • Options
    KayO199XKayO199X Posts: 722 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm going to mention the traits I would like see. Most are opposites to existing traits, and other are traits that would go good with a certain expansion pack.

Slacker (opposite of Workaholic)- Slackers hate work and school. The will always default to slacking off, and even putting in normal effort will overwork them. Slackers also hate homework.

Dimwit (opposite of Genius)- Dimwits take a long time to build most skills (especially logic). Dimwits also make foolish desitions.

Mature (opposite of Childish)- Mature children can do a few things other children cannot. Mature adults dislike the immature behavior of others

Nudist (opposite of Never Nude)- Nudists can streak around for fun and get more enjoyment out of skinny dipping.

Polite (opposite of Innappropriate)- Polite sims will never do anything to offend other sims.

Shopaholic (Opposite of Frugal)- Shopaholics love to spend money and will get a bad moodlet if they go too long without buying something.

Animal lover (pet expansion pack)- these sims love all animals and can build relationships with animal faster.

Cat Person (pet expansion pack)- Cat people really like cats but they have a strong dislike of dogs.

Dog Person (pet expansion pack)- a dog person trully appreciates man's best friend, but can't stand cats.

Tomboy (Female only)- Women with this trait just don't like to be feminine. They are very strong and get angry when others call them a girl.

Metrosexual (Male only)- Men with this trait just don't understand how to be manly. They enjoy getting manicures and facials at the spa.
  • Options
    LolzersLolzers Posts: 819 New Member
    edited January 2011
    As long as it would be about a dollar for a pack of five or ten traits, I'd be quite happy with this. But if it was priced any more... ugh.
  • Options
    lilcasslilcass Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited January 2011
    KayO199X wrote:
    I'm going to mention the traits I would like see. Most are opposites to existing traits, and other are traits that would go good with a certain expansion pack.

Slacker (opposite of Workaholic)- Slackers hate work and school. The will always default to slacking off, and even putting in normal effort will overwork them. Slackers also hate homework.

Dimwit (opposite of Genius)- Dimwits take a long time to build most skills (especially logic). Dimwits also make foolish desitions.

Mature (opposite of Childish)- Mature children can do a few things other children cannot. Mature adults dislike the immature behavior of others

Nudist (opposite of Never Nude)- Nudists can streak around for fun and get more enjoyment out of skinny dipping.

Polite (opposite of Innappropriate)- Polite sims will never do anything to offend other sims.

Shopaholic (Opposite of Frugal)- Shopaholics love to spend money and will get a bad moodlet if they go too long without buying something.

Animal lover (pet expansion pack)- these sims love all animals and can build relationships with animal faster.

Cat Person (pet expansion pack)- Cat people really like cats but they have a strong dislike of dogs.

Dog Person (pet expansion pack)- a dog person trully appreciates man's best friend, but can't stand cats.

Tomboy (Female only)- Women with this trait just don't like to be feminine. They are very strong and get angry when others call them a girl.

Metrosexual (Male only)- Men with this trait just don't understand how to be manly. They enjoy getting manicures and facials at the spa.

All yours plus mischievous .
  • Options
    BurginbabeBurginbabe Posts: 178 Member
    edited January 2011
    This isn't my idea, but i loved it when i saw it...
    Faithful Trait
  • Options
    dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited January 2011
    KayO199X wrote:

I love these--especially the pet oriented ones, polite, and mature.

Someone said that Dreamer is in the game as Absent-Minded but these aren't really the same thing. Absent-Minded is really like being Forgetful. I think a Dreamer is someone who dreams of having a life different than the one he/she has, or who really wants to do something that they don't have the skills for (like a shy sim who dreams of being a rock star or actor).

I would really like to see:

Curious: Continuously seeks new experiences (food, location, people, objects, etc.)

Know-It-All: Wants to learn every skill and learns everything super-fast even beyond the Genius.

Born to Teach: Enjoys helping others learn--Gives bonus to helping with homework, teaching toddler skills, tutoring in skills, and to the Education Career

Self-absorbed: Beyond the snob who wants to talk about themselves--they will rarely talk about anything else. Will get the negative "Enough About You" moodlet for 30 minutes after listening to a sim who engages them in conversation.

Snooty: Gets a negative moodlet when they must engage in social interactions with sims who are not wealthy, famous or at the top of their career or skill. Gets a negative moodlet from using anything but the very finest objects. This is above and beyond the snob who merely seeks the company of the rich and wants the best things.

Down-to-Earth: Gets the "Out of My League" moodlet when around wealthy sims and expensive furnishings. This is less about spending money (looking for sales and coupons) than it is about feeling judged by their financial position.

• Options
    ladynaavaladynaava Posts: 1,243 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Retro: the sim likes retro things, like old cars, vintage clothing, and such.
    Rude: Sim is rude and insulting to other sims
    News Junky: sim is into news and loves watching, reading the paper, and keeping up with current events
    Nerd: useful for making clumsy/introvert sims
    Epicurian: sim likes to cook, eat, and sample great food
    Loves Animals: sim likes animals
    Hacker: has skillz on the computer.
    Law-abiding: sim will cross the road at intersections drive the speed limit and never steal or cheat
    Rule Breaker/bad boy/girl: sim likes to break the rules
    New Ager: could be hippie/type. This sim likes crystals, reading, astrology etc, consulting a psychic.
    Cheater: this sim likes to cheat!
    Superhero: Character has a secret identity
    Thespian: sim likes to act, and attend films/movies
    Talkative: sim won't shutup
    Bossy: sim likes to tell others what to do
    Fashionista: the sim has an extravagant sense of fashion and sets trends. Sim also likes to wear color coordinated shoes and gets wishes to wear certain types of trendy clothing.
    Mellow: Sim never gets too upset or excited. He's groovy
    Monogamous/Non: some sims just aren't meant to ever settle down and some sims are.
    Volunteer: sim likes to volunteer and learn interesting skills while doing so.

• Options
    SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2011
    Amazingly good suggestions for new traits - Thank you, everyone :)

Any more traits that we´re still missing for our beloved sims?
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • Options
    Pandora189Pandora189 Posts: 2,394 Member
    edited September 2011
    Opposites for all traits!