The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Timeless Beauties Calendar Brides! *Closed for judging*

Calendargirlsassignment1four.jpg

Welcome back ladies and gents! The fun rounds and no eliminations are over :cry:
So with this assignment you better wake up before you go go!
Because...

It's a nice day for a, white wedding!
Bon-bon-wedding-dress.jpg

Yes that's right! It's the 80s and your Calendar Girls are now Calendar Brides! In the decade of the 80's any ambivalence about materialism disappeared. Extravagant fashion was embraced and nobody had more of an influence on bridal fashion than Princess Diana.

80s_diana.jpg

The 80's re-invented layers of taffeta and tulle, sweeping bows, bell sleeves and collars, bibs and lace, hats and gloves.

Father-Bride-wedding_l.jpg

Think of it as an ode to the southern belle on acid. Classy but yet a hint of trash.

orig-12591191.jpg

article-1159862-03C2049E000005DC-283_468x382_popup.jpg

And colour! Oh my the 80s colours. Your Calendar Bride does not have to wear white!

pink-wedding-gowns.jpg

barbie+wedding.jpg

And let's not forget 80s hair! From the bangs that reached for the heavens with frizzy passion, to the extremely asymmetrical new wave social hair statement, to the funky side ponytails walking hair-in-hair with the mullets, hairstyles in the 1980s were about excess, experimentation, and enough hairspray to protect your head when the Russians dropped the bomb.

80%27s8.jpg

80s%20fashion_12.jpg

So blushing brides where will your wedding be? Church? Beach? Garden?
And where will we find your Calendar Bride? Reception? Walking down the aisle? With her new husband? Bridesmaids? Or maybe alone, showing off that dress? Just remember the wedding is all about the bride! Make your girls stand out!

090407-bride1-vmed-1p.grid-4x2.jpg

Assignment 5
Theme: Wedding
Year/Month: 1980-1989, Any Month. That's right, pretty open ended. There's just too much awesome 80s fashion :lol:

What you'll be judged on

Did you keep to the 80s fashion ?

Is your Calendar Bride standing out from the crowd, or blending into the background?

Are the walls up or down? We'd prefer to see walls up, where they should be.

Are those pesky thought bubbles showing?

Are any extras in your picture behaving themselves?

RULES
1. Please be kind to each other, rudeness will not be tolerated.
2. No face plastering of any kind.
3. We will give extensions when needed, but to make it fair, we ask that you let us know TWO days before the due date, so others can take advantage of the extension. However, we will take into account things such as Patches and game issues ( we know you can not plan those issues)
4. No major changes to model once submitted, unless we allow for it in an assignment. The exception to this rule is CC skin, if skin is causing your game to have issues, I do not mind if you need to change it, just please try to keep it close to the original colour. I will also make exceptions on a case to case basis. ( I understand CC can go wonky) We request that eye colour stay the same, but if you need to remove CC eyes or contacts, that's fine.
5. Hair colour and make up can be changed at any time, it's up to you!

Scoring:

Scoring will be a 100 point process.

Creativity/Topic: /40
Setting: /35
Overall: /20
Pose: /5
Total: /100
Comments:

Calendar Brides
JKAmaryllis Wedding.gif
Bliss87 Wedding.gif
simslover740 Wedding.gif
cupcake Wedding.gif
Kweenkatz brokenheart.gif
Simsolated Wedding.gif
kelren837 mgbride.gif
Simpixie2255 Wedding.gif
Sun2401 Wedding.gif
ladyluckO9 brokenheart.gif
Amieechu Wedding.gif
GlamBunny8189 Wedding.gif
rubygal25 Wedding.gif
poida217 Wedding.gif

Seen it mgbride.gif
Turned in Wedding.gif
Dropped brokenheart.gif

DUE DATE: SUNDAY 30TH JANUARY

Tips and Tricks!

Ctrl + Shift + C to open cheat box, then press enter after typing what you want.
Hiding speech bubbles, skill bars and plumbbobs
Type: hideheadlineeffects on
Moving sims/objects
Type: moveobjects on
Unlocking outfits and hair
Type: unlockoutfits on
Unlocking expansion objects
Type: buydebug on
Type /help for any other commands.

In Game Camera Angles!

TAB-Puts the game into Cameraman mode, allowing better and more control of the camera, and removing the blue user interface. Make sure you are in live mode before going into Cameraman mode or you will see grid lines on the ground and floating where floor tiles may be placed.
W moves the camera forward.
S moves it backward.
A moves the camera left.
D moves it right.
Q lowers the camera angle.
E raises it.
Z Zoom in.
X Zoom out.
SHIFT plus A rotates camera angle left.
SHIFT plus D rotates camera angle right.
SHIFT plus S resets the camera.

GOOD LUCK BRIDES!
Every little piece of your life, will mean something to someone.
screenshot-3jj.jpg

Comments

• hushfireflyhushfirefly Posts: 1,931 Member
    edited January 2011
    Scores For The Optional Fallout Edition!

So only some of the Calendar Girls stuck it out and braved their new world and its inhabitants aka Zombies!

Our Fallout Girls were:
    India Pierce-JKAmaryllis
    Parker-Rose-Simpixie2255
    Dawn-simsolated
    Natasha Rose-Sun2401
    Sarafiena Doll-cupcake
    Sun-Bliss87
    Kelsey Hindes-simslover740
    Skye Anderson-Poida

To all our other Calendar Girls who opted to skip this round, seren and I hope you enjoyed your little vacation beach_r.gif

We enlisted the help of former Calendar Girl blaz to help us judge this assignment and break up the ties. Thankew blaz :mrgreen:

If you have any queries or the math isn't right, please do not hestitate to let seren and I know and will fix it as soon as possible!

Ties for first and second place are in the order that they were handed in.

Three Way Tie For First Place

cupcake Score 300
    Screenshot-641-2.jpg
    seren:
    Creativity/Topic: 40/40
    Setting: 35/35
    Overall: 20/20
    Pose: 5/5
    Total: 100/100
    Comments: This is such a fantastic picture. Her pose and expression are just perfect. Something about the extra in the back that interests me is that it almost looks like his chin is split down the middle. I dunno if that was intentional, but it makes for a fantastic ‘baddy’. Also, even though there is a lot of text in this pic, it’s placed in such a way that it does not distract or detract. Truly, excellent!

hush:
    Comments: This just screams Fallout B-Movie to me! Even without reading your description I could tell straight away. They were extremely popular back then, though I have to say yours doesn't look as cheesy :mrgreen: The writing in the left corner is spot on what you used to see on the advertisements. Sarafiena looks like the typical 1950's American girl... about to be eaten at Make Out Point or maybe run around screaming for two hours XD Wondertastic job as usual cupcake!!

blaz:
    Comments: I hafta say, I love love love how you've change this about and have a totally different take on it. You could have easily overdone the text, and taken the focus away from Sarafiena but you haven't. I think the way you have it framing her on either side actually helps pull the focus onto her. The background is the exact sort of death and decay I'd expect to see in a fallout picture, and Mr Zombie man there looks like he is about to kill her! Or wallop her over the head at least :shock: I can't fault this picture cupcake, its just...perfectly amazing!

poida217 Score 300
    Timeless_Assignment4.jpg
    seren:
    Comments: Poida, I dunno actually what to say here. This pic blew me away. The set is to die for ( Literally hehe) I love all the little details of dirt and toys all about. Your zombies/mutants are actually SCARY! Your model’s facial expression is perfect and I keep hoping she’ll RUN for her life! Just one thing I wanted to mention, I LOVE love LOVE the goggles! Perfect!

hush:
    Comments: How does she always manage to look so adorably cute in all her pics? And such perfect makeup and clean clothes in an apocalypse ^.^ I had a giggle at Mr. Wuffles, her traveling companion. I love the contrast of your picture. Skye is all sparkly and around her is just destruction and death. Those skins you made for the zombies... WOW! I somehow get a Wasteland feel with this picture ;) which goes hand in hand with the Fallout atmosphere. Well done poida! Oh and awesome goggles :D

blaz:
    Comments: Oh dear goodness Poida, a fabmazing(yes, I'm sure that's a word) picture that jut takes my breath away. To start with, the set is just insanely perfect, your eye to detail here just amazes me. Right the way as far as I can possibly see, its all mushed up cars and ruined plants. And then inside, the house is it, It looks exactly as if a whole wall has just been blown right off, the upturned chairs and just everything about it. And then you go on to amaze me with perfectly zombie looking, well...zombies. I think they might haunt me in my sleep...Even your text fits in so very very well! I am not just impressed, completely blown away is what I am. Oh, and the goggles gave me the giggles.

JKAmaryllis Score 300
    2yjrin8.jpg
    seren:
    Comments: I loved this pic before I read your story and I love it even more after. I can tell you did your homework on Fallout. It does actually look like it could be the Vault door behind her. I thought the touch of seeing herself in the poster was brilliant and sad too. I wish this was an actually story you were telling, because I want to see more!

hush:
    Comments: I'm one for thinking outside the box and not only did you go outside, you took a little walk too. It's a flippin' fantastic interpretation JK! This story was so poignant and just her glance up at her 19 year old self, I wish there was a sequel for this. Beautifully edited banner, even though her aged self is there, it's the banner self that jumps out at you first. Which is exactly how India would have seen it, her lost youth and innocence. Gorgeously sad JK.

blaz:
    Comments: I. Love. This. Picture. If I could give you 1000000/100 I would. Everything about it is so different, and creative and amazing, all whilst still fitting with the theme of the assignment. Your setting works perfectly with the fallout idea, all the destruction and broken bits and pieces. I think to have your older India looking back on the younger is just incredibly, and the look on her face...Normally I would say that you might need to zoom in a bit, but in this case you don't since I'm thinkin the India on the poster is your main focus here? Just...completely in awe. This picture is insanity, and it has to be my fav from this round.

Tie For Second Place

Sun2401 Score 298
    Screenshot-106.jpg
    seren:
    Comments: I keep looking at your picture. I don’t love the cardboard in the back, or the dirty clothes on the line. They’re just so harsh and ugly, they feel misplaced…just like you’d except to see in a post-apocalyptic world! Because they are misplaced and ugly they “Make it” lending reality to your world. Your set whilst harsh is the most realistic set in this round, it’s dark and gritty and ugly..and well, just perfect really!!! I love are her pose and clothes and expression. I believe she is THERE, she IS fighting for her life. I think part of what makes this pic so unique is the lighting. You’ve got the dark, dirty background but the lighting on her is brighter, making her stands out. I think the spacing of the pic lends to a feeling of desertion as well. I think you got the whole over all ‘fee’ of the assignment just oh so perfectly, thank you!

hush:
    Comments: This picture kind of reminds me of flight or fight. She could have succumbed to fear or rose above it and used it as motivation to survive. You gave us the back story of her being paralyzed by fear at first and adding to that, her husband leaves. Then you show her in full kill or be killed mode. I loved the transition Sun. She looks exactly like she has nothing else to lose and comes out guns blazing. It's gritty and the mutant in the background adds to urgency of the situation and that this is, a changed world.

blaz:
    Creativity/Topic: 39/40
    Overall: 19/20
    Total: 98/100
    Comments: Yet another stunning entry sun! The perfectness of your set, is um...perfect? XD I really like the fire, that was a very nice touch. Her pose is nice and very aggressive, which is what I would expect since she's got guns in her hands and is trying to kill those zombies. The child's pose :shock: it makes me feel very very sorry for him :( I really do like your picture, but I think to make it just at insane levels you could mebbe zoom in a little, as its hard to see Natasha's face, and I'm not exactly sure on what I think about her outfit. It isn't exactly 50's/60's looking to me.

Bliss87 Score 298
    sunfalloutpicturesmall.jpg
    seren:
    Comments: Oh oh oh I love this picture! I do not know what you did to her to get that expression, bit it so suits this assignment. I also love how she is dressed, like she’s gone from place to place putting on bits that she finds. Your editing is very good and I love the background. This is one of my favorites.

hush:
    Comments: Gah! Amazing editing here Bliss! How do you do it? Love the adding of "Day 29" in the corner like it's a journal entry. That background is surreal and her expression is one of trepidation and fear that someone is watching or about to jump out at her. Loved it Bliss :D

blaz:
    Overall: 18/20
    Total: 98/100
    Comments: To start off, the background is absolutely 100% perfect. It has destruction written aaaaaaaalll over it. I think you have edited very well, everything meshes together nicely. Though, one thing, the lighting on your model is coming from the opposite side from the lighting in the background. I really like the pose/expression its a mixture of fear, sadness and anger at what her world is now, and what she's gotta be now. One thing though, I'm not exactly sure that the outfit you have Sun wearing is exactly 50's/60's. I get where you're going with it, but I'm not sure it exactly fits with the era.

Third Place

simsolated Score 297
    48339842.jpg
    seren:
    Comments: Oh this is so great! I expected good things from you this round and you delivered! All I can say to this pic is thank you. This looks like it could be a movie or game promo pic. Somehow, you managed to grunge your sims up enough to fit the background seamlessly. I can’t express how much I love this!

hush:
    Comments: This feels like a in game picture or at least a poster. I was extremely impressed (still am) when you posted this simsolated. Everything just flows together and captures the madness and horror that Dawn has joined unknowingly. Zombies are just mind blowing! I love the one on the right, his expression just reminds me of Shawn Of The Dead lol. Somehow I don't think Dawn survived this round ;)

blaz:
    Creativity/Topic: 39/40
    Total: 97/100
    Comments: Scary picture :shock: Those zombies really are giving me the creeps! I think the background you've chosen is very appropriate, it's death and destruction all right. Your posing is spot on for both your model, and your extras :D And the lighting you have is perfect, they blend in lovely into the background. I wish though, you had your model more as the focus, just now she's being overshadowed by the zombie with the axe. I really do like this picture though.

Simpixie2255 Score 294
    2ekni4g.jpg
    seren:
    Total: 99/100
    Comments: Simpixie, before I go any farther, I just want to comment that I am delighted with this picture and your all pictures of late. When I see one of your pics, it just has a simpixie ‘fee’ to it, like I can think, ‘yes, that’s simpixie’s’ Fantastic. Now, about your pic. I really like your take on this pic, I also really love your clean lines and lighting. It does feel like it could be underground. I also like that it has a innocence feel to it. Like she’s going to be happy regardless of what’s going on above her head, she’s happy down there. I am worried about her diet though!! I wonder how long that fruit is going to last! Great job!

hush:
    Setting: 34/35
    Comments: Your picture shows that yes, there may be a little bit of trouble above ground, but underground? Everything's peachy keen! I just break out in smiles when I see this Simpixie :D Parker-Rose doesn't even looked phased about what's going on and why would she? She's got nectar, food and her music, what a way to go hey ;)

blaz:
    Setting: 33/35
    Pose: 3/5
    Total: 96/100
    Comments: Hehe, I love this pic. It's so different and creative! Plus, it made me giggle, that's always good. Your set has a nice depth to it, which I really like but I do have a single issue with it. I'm not exactly sure why, when there isn't much space to begin with, you'd be filling your shelter with all that. Parker looks rather err, happy and a bit hyper to be stuck down in a hole for so long, though that might be the nectar talkin XD I do like her pose though, it works with the story you're going with. I think I would have maybe preferred to have seen more of her shelter or other sims though. Her outfit is perfect mind, especially with what you've gone with. Reaallyyy good pic!

simslover740 Score 290
    35n3nnd.jpg
    seren:
    Total: 97/100
    Comments: Her pose cracks me up! I love her face, she’s saying “Look world! I’m back above ground! Look at me” Only, I’m worried for her, because she should be arming herself as quickly as possible!! Hehe. Your model looks just lovely and I like the extra in the back ground. I do wish the pic had a bit more fallout to it, maybe more grit or gore, but I do really like this. Over good job!

hush:
    Setting: 34/35
    Comments: Run girl! She's right behind you! God her expression is just, crazy funny! Like "Wow everything looks normal! This is great!" but alas everything is not normal Kelsey. I quite like the subtle appearance of the extra behind her. The eerie stillness of her pose like maybe she's assessing Kelsey as friend or foe. I feel like if Kelsey did turn around she would say a cheery hi and introduce herself XD I loved it simslover!

blaz:
    Creativity/Topic: 38/40
    Total: 94/100
    Comments: I really think you're on the right track here, you're definitely going in the right direction with your picture, I just think it needs a few tweaks to get it just right. The zombie is very nice in there, she actually looks pretty freaky in herself if ya ask me, what with that skin. Mebbe more of a pose with her would have been good, mebbe her coming up behind trying to scare/eat/kill her woulda been good mind. Your models pose mind, perfect. It seems very happy and proud that she's come through this alive and not zombiefied. I think you need to work on your set a little though, let’s see a bit moar destruction :mrgreen:

Seren and I would like to say all of you did extremely well for this assignment and each round it just gets better and better. Hosting this competition is an awesome experience because we get to watch you increase and excel over the already high standards you've all set :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • Simpixie2255Simpixie2255 Posts: 2,945 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Seen it!
  • JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited January 2011
    Seen and love it :D
    jz8tDGb.png
    Steam: JKAmaryllis
  • simslover740simslover740 Posts: 3,100
    edited January 2011
    Seen it, sounds awesome!
  • PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Cool! My favorite assignment so far
    Love the little walk down memory lane you gave us Hush hehe
    edited January 2011
    I have already done my assignment and i was very inspired by Madonna.
  • Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited January 2011
    I did a Madonna wedding look for another comp! Funsies :)
    edited January 2011
    'We are living in a material world
    And I am a material girl'

343pspd.jpg

Inspired by Madonna, Kelsey had a dress just like the Material girl, after her and her bridesmaids were ready, she took a quick photo then went of to wow her guests!

'We are living in a material world
    And I am a material girl'

What do you guys think??
  • amieechuamieechu Posts: 947 Member
    edited January 2011
    Am I jumping for joy? YES!
  • Bliss87Bliss87 Posts: 5,865 Member
    edited January 2011
    Seen it :)
  • sereniticat2sereniticat2 Posts: 2,137 Member
    edited January 2011
    ooh Hush!! You posted that so beautifully!!!!!!! You rock!

I'm so so excited to see everyone's Calendar Brides!
  • poida217poida217 Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited January 2011
    Argh!! Bad 80s, bad! Mullets, shoulder pads, fluoro colours, smiley faces... *shudder*

The music was good though (Safety dance FTW)
    24891575472_e27b0a3fc3_o.gif
  • cupcakecupcake Posts: 5,097 New Member
    edited January 2011
    poida217 wrote:
    Argh!! Bad 80s, bad! Mullets, shoulder pads, fluoro colours, smiley faces... *shudder*

The music was good though (Safety dance FTW)

Don't forget horrible perms( :lol: my mom had one)

The music was good and so were the cartoons. IMO none of the cartoons nowadays compete with the ones from the 80's.

edited January 2011
    cupcake wrote:
    The music was good and so were the cartoons. IMO none of the cartoons nowadays compete with the ones from the 80's.
    Amen sister!
    I knew you two would love this decade :mrgreen: mwhahaha!

simslover, beautiful job and so fast too!!

Awesome that you are all psyched for this round! Scores for the fun round will be up soon. Am I the only one whose had browser problems?
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • simlishtrsimlishtr Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited January 2011
    seen it :mrgreen:
    edited January 2011
    Amen sister!
    I knew you two would love this decade :mrgreen: mwhahaha!

simslover, beautiful job and so fast too!!

Awesome that you are all psyched for this round! Scores for the fun round will be up soon. Am I the only one whose had browser problems?

Meh this site is full of problems :lol: I have to constantly refresh, think F5 button is going to wear out one these days.

Will we be doing the 90's :mrgreen: That is by far my favorite decade that I lived in.

Assignment 5 Entry

...I didn't think that he would actually air guitar at our wedding.

Screenshot-866.jpg
  • JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited January 2011
    Holy Jazz I love it!!!
    jz8tDGb.png
    Steam: JKAmaryllis
    edited January 2011
    Amazing Job Cupcake!
  • Simpixie2255Simpixie2255 Posts: 2,945 New Member
    edited January 2011
    2s9punm.jpg

Parker makes a beautiful 80's Bride!
    edited January 2011
    Amazing Job Cupcake!

Thanks and you too! :mrgreen:
    edited January 2011
    Scores are now up for the optional round :mrgreen: First page!

Simpixie, that's gorgeous!

cupcake, I'll save the rest for my judging but I'll say one thing, PERM :lol:
    screenshot-3jj.jpg
  • pixie30pixie30 Posts: 6,039 Member
    edited January 2011
    am i still judging :?
    edited January 2011
    Scores are now up for the optional round :mrgreen: First page!

Simpixie, that's gorgeous!

cupcake, I'll save the rest for my judging but I'll say one thing, PERM :lol:

:lol: My mom and Nana(who was a hairdresser) would attempt to give me a similar hair style for my dance recitals (shudders)

btw the way my picture should be part of second place.
  • Bliss87Bliss87 Posts: 5,865 Member
    edited January 2011
    So does this have to be based around the wedding? or can i be modeling a wedding dress?
  • GlamBunny8189GlamBunny8189 Posts: 1,507 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Ooh awesome I was wondering when we'd get to the 80s! Seen it :D