Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to select and disable updates / alerts?

I just downloaded Twallan's Story Progression Mod and the constant updates on the non-playing sims are driving me crazy. I can't even keep track of my own sim.

Is there a way to disable certain kinda updates like them getting a job or leveling of skills? I would appreciate if they would just notify if the sim is about to die or get married.

Please help me :( Thanks!

Comments

• SpeggySpeggy Posts: 406 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Bumpz!

Please help?

There must be a way to disable the alerts?
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited January 2011
    I had this same issue, it bothered me so much I just uninstalled it completely. Hopefully someone has a solution :(
    WLfAA9V.png
    edited January 2011
    I had this same issue, it bothered me so much I just uninstalled it completely. Hopefully someone has a solution :(

Thanks for the reply!

Man I'm really sure there is a way to do it.. Hope someone help us soon
  • TynkTynk Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited January 2011
    Yes there is a way.

Click on a computer, choose Nraas, then click on story progression.

Then click on General Options.

It will bring up a box with options for each setting. (Marriage, Death, Relationships, etc). At the bottom on the following box that appears it will say Stories. Click on that and you can choose whether to get notifications for None, Friends, Friends and Blood, Blood, or all.

As an alternative, you can go all the way to the bottom of the options screen I described earlier, and click on Stories Options. You can set all stories to none/blood. And then click on Marriages and Deaths options and set those 2 to all.
  • simjettsimjett Posts: 5,254 Member
    edited January 2011
    I don't use the Mod myself, but you have a lot of reading in front of you :lol:

examples

Options: Deaths

Stories
    Determines for which sims you will receive death notification
    Default: All

Options: Friendships
    Stories
    Determines which sims you will receive notifications on new friends or enemies
    Default: All

taken from main page, and I suspect is in the readme file as well :)
    edited January 2011
    Ah! Thank you guys so much!

Ya know I've read the read me file but I have zero idea where most of the options arh located at.

My sim couldn't afford a computer so I didn't know the computer has so much more options to play with!

Thank you guys so much!