Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is with all the Sims3 Expantions?

2...Next

Comments

• MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited January 2011
    They can't not make a weather, pets, etc., expansion. They're smart enough to know all the money they'd make off of them.
    And I'm not exactly sure what you're disagreeing about?
    44444.gif
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited January 2011
    why are people adding the same reply to this post over and over again it's getting annoying.

Blame the forum. It's not them. It's Liam. He's messing with everyone's mind. But, trust me, they are not doing it on purpose.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited January 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    why are people adding the same reply to this post over and over again it's getting annoying.

Blame the forum. It's not them. It's Liam. He's messing with everyone's mind. But, trust me, they are not doing it on purpose.

Oh, no! Not Liam... I liked him.
  • cllevettcllevett Posts: 930 Member
    edited January 2011
    The expansions keep getting worse and worse. Late Nate was a complete & utter waste of money! It is BORING. My night time sims still want to sleep at night and rarely like being up. The "hot spots" are always empty! Mixology seems tedious at best. Who wants to play a gig when there is no one around to watch it anyway. EA you have let this series completely go to poo!

Oh no to mention the bugs that are just falling out everywhere. Disappearing sims, abandoning cars....its sad that we have to download a third party content to fix all your bugs.
  • Citrina5Citrina5 Posts: 1,252 New Member
    edited January 2011
    LadySm3 wrote:
    clubers wrote:
    alexandrea wrote:
    omg ! no weather :O *cries* ----> :cry: gud thing i have all the sims 2 and its expansions instlaled and the sims 3 and all its expansions cus my pc can run it.. not the point but thts jusss disappointing

No weather!? Thats not true, one of the programmers said she was working on weather features and it was supposed to be in Late Night and is already on wii.

not at all i got the new late night...it has no weather but i heard the weather is on the sims3 for wii xbox and ps3

Thats the point lol they dont have weather in LN because they decided to add that in next expansion because it is too big deal.
  • NiteBeast2NiteBeast2 Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2011
    The expansion that I would love to see is University. That was one of the best expansions they put out for sims 2. And if they threw in the weather with that then that would Rock! :D
  • Hyena_CookiesHyena_Cookies Posts: 478 Member
    edited January 2011
    cllevett wrote:
    The expansions keep getting worse and worse. Late Nate was a complete & utter waste of money! It is BORING. My night time sims still want to sleep at night and rarely like being up. The "hot spots" are always empty! Mixology seems tedious at best. Who wants to play a gig when there is no one around to watch it anyway. EA you have let this series completely go to poo!

Oh no to mention the bugs that are just falling out everywhere. Disappearing sims, abandoning cars....its sad that we have to download a third party content to fix all your bugs.
    I second this.
    My Simblr | Cookie. Rotational-Player. Needs more lifestyle traits. | Can we please get Adventurous & Eco-Friendly traits?
  • MckenzieMemberMckenzieMember Posts: 1,231 Member
    edited January 2011
    cllevett wrote:
    The expansions keep getting worse and worse. Late Nate was a complete & utter waste of money! It is BORING. The "hot spots" are always empty! Mixology seems tedious at best. Who wants to play a gig when there is no one around to watch it anyway. EA you have let this series completely go to poo!

I agree 100%. And yup as much as I'm grateful to all the modders who make the game playable I hate the fact I have to have installed about 4 mods to make my game more playable and another 3 mods to make it more enjoyable :x.
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    edited January 2011
    Well, I for one, would gladly pay $100 for one game if all the components were there & the game worked properly. :D:) :-) :-o :shock: :lol: :P
  • Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited January 2011
    I would be angry if they tried to stuff everything into the base game! It would take forever and then probably wouldn't even be playable on my laptop :(

I'm honestly fine with the way things are going now. You can't just expect them to shove everything into the game from the start. It really would get old fast. The way it works now, you get to explore the EP and then once you start to get bored a new one comes out :D

Plus I don't know about anyone else, but I like my disks! That's why I insist on buying a hard copy and not the electronic download. I feel safer with an actual disk to hold :D
  • MisterZiiMisterZii Posts: 2,123 New Member
    edited January 2011
    LadySm3 wrote:
    yes i gess so..but i heard the making a weather expantion like sims2 all to do with weather and seasons again.. how stupid.

Sorry, but I didn't like what you said, at all... :? And yes, they are going to make weather, and HOPEFULLY HOPEFULLY HOPEFULLY pets! Idk why are you saying they won't do it -.- On wii, besides WEATHER they can even swim and surf, that just means one thing: weather comingo to pc. In my opinion...
  • Butterfly_KikaButterfly_Kika Posts: 50
    edited January 2011
    I think you are also forgetting that EA seems to be going with a pattern. They lunch Sims and then there are 8 expansion packs. It was that way for the Original Sims and Sims 2. In fact Sims 2 introduced Stuff Packs. These just add Items. They are DIFFERENT than Expansion Packs. The Expansion packs add to game play. It is best not to confuse the two of them. Also hasn't anyone notice that the stuff packs tie in with the next expansion?
  • AustinG01AustinG01 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited January 2011
    They will add whatever they want when they feel it is the best time to add it in-game. Somethings they want in but just are not ready to add it cause they havent fixed it properly or just think its not the time to release the feature so soon as they thought previously. Also when they have patches its not just for show maybe you should read what the patches fix and then you will see they are working to make the game better w/o modding content. There is even a section on these forms that they look at to know about the bugs so they can fix them in the next patch or expansion. I mean seriously get off this merry-go-round and think before you post. -_- Rob is correct on the buisness that was answered now I hope I answered the bug part. Let this forum die now its kinda pointless and is leaving the topic it was originally posted for.