Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Attachment to Your Sims...

So I'm on generation one of a legacy. My legacy heir, I didn't really care much about (heck I didn't even know what his name was till yesterday, it's Terrance)
He and his wife just reached the elder stage. He has to sons (one ya named Denny and one teen named Ricky)

I was looking through my launcher when I saw a picture of a youthful Terrance teaching Denny how to walk (He was the CUTEST toddler and is pretty good lookin now xD) And it made me sad ;______;
I have never had the attention span to play with a sim until they die, but I can tell, I'm going to be pretty sad when he dies. That picture gave me a tear (yes I'm dramatic) I haven't been really attached to a sim since sims 2.

Are you really attached to any of your sims?

Comments

• ShadowhunterloverShadowhunterlover Posts: 175 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm really likin' my generation 3 heir, Payton. She's almost an Elder!! :cry: It's gonna be sad to see her go. Generation 2's almost fully gone now... I'm ready for it though. Once 100 days hit I start to get impatient for them to die :x
  • mEgA32306mEgA32306 Posts: 2,758
    edited January 2011
    I hate it when sims die! Which is probably why i've never killed any of my sims before, i couldn't bare the thought! *collapses on ground at thought*
  • Jamesmc93Jamesmc93 Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm usually pretty attached to my heir and his/her spouse. But after Generation One, the strong feeling of attachment really isn't there anymore...
  • starling68starling68 Posts: 3,352 Member
    edited January 2011
    I get attached to ALL my sims! lol

But the sims I get attached to the most are those of my legacy, and my favourite ever sim Lauren (who I use for everything - I love her to bits! <3)
  • krose240krose240 Posts: 14,363 New Member
    edited January 2011
    i get attached to my sims A LOT!!! one time...on my very first save file...my founder died...and i had to delete the save file because i was so sad about losing her...i didnt even care that i was deleting the kids...they werent that interesting anyway...
    and, another time because i didnt want my sim to die i made her eat a bunch of life fruit but then, after a while, it was getting annoying...so i deleted that save file too because i didnt want to deal with the loss or frustration anymore...
    but the sims i never bond to, i kill in the best ways possible at the point in time...starving is my fave!!! mwahahahaha :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    there you go simmers, you have seen the dark side of the moon...and it aint pretty... :lol:
  • ladynaavaladynaava Posts: 1,243 New Member
    edited January 2011
    my sims are usually immortal so they never die at least due to age. I don't much care for the elder stage in a sims life, so my sims are happy at YA for eternity- or until I get bored. This makes sense, since I usually make my sims elves or aliens. I only wish the 'outside world' would continue to roll on and age up. Sadly when I turn off aging for the household, everone else is turned off.
  • earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited January 2011
    I kinda got attached to this fat sim guy named Granger. Not the best looking sim, but it's the kind of Sim that looks more 'himself' while fat rather than thin(yes, I made him work out at some point and got fit). He's an elder now in my game, but when I'll get a notifier about his death approaching I'm gonna play with his household again and make sure he gets a nice tombstone, because the game took care of his LTW. :D
    NK4koaX.png