Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 has some really idiotic burglars...

Burglar shows up in my Sims house and steals something... the cheap sofa chair in the living room. Sitting not too far from it is a desk with a computer on it. I certainly hope this isn't a bug too...
Yeah. Made a Minecraft Windows 10 Edition video channel. I guess I'm insane...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXGZZkbGB3y8S-F6gePiFhA

Comments

• calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited January 2011
    No dont think its a glitch just a very dum robber. i had one that knick tha loo and the full kitchen bin. leaving the large flat screan and high spec pc
    h2xmsbl]

• blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited January 2011
    Lonnehart wrote:
    Burglar shows up in my Sims house and steals something... the cheap sofa chair in the living room. Sitting not too far from it is a desk with a computer on it. I certainly hope this isn't a bug too...
    smiley-laughing025.gif
    YShQCz1.png
  • CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    edited January 2011
    It's not a bug.
    I have had the most expensive TV in my sims house and the burglar took a cheap shower. :lol:
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited January 2011
    lol the burglars are always dumb. i have seen them go past cut gems, stereos, tvs, and GOLD BARS and steal a shower :p
  • QueenBeewannabeeQueenBeewannabee Posts: 342
    edited January 2011
    Nope not a bug. Just very sim'esque!

Next time the burglar will leave everything and just grab the toilet!
  • LonnehartLonnehart Posts: 688 Member
    edited January 2011
    Nope not a bug. Just very sim'esque!

Next time the burglar will leave everything and just grab the toilet!

It would be pretty bad (for the burglar) if he swiped a full, clogged toilet from a Sims home...

edited January 2011
    they only seem to take toilets from my homes, if its the ONLY bathroom, lol. the burglar is a comedian
  • SimGuy777SimGuy777 Posts: 1,672 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I never get burgulars anymore, but when they did come they always stole lamps.
  • simo7matesimo7mate Posts: 680
    edited January 2011
    I've played for ages, and for some reason, not a single burglar has come to me... ***
    edited January 2011
    yeah it took a long time for my first burglar to come. but then it seemed after that i got them alot.

they are also more likely to rob you if you have a big house/fancy stuff
  • simo7matesimo7mate Posts: 680
    edited January 2011
    I've given birth to my third generation though :/
    edited January 2011
    yeah i was one my second or third i think when i first got one.

im not sure what exactly its dependent on.
    your families actualy home and assets, or just the amount of NPC burglars in existence, i have no idea

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    edited January 2011
    You have to play using sim-logic. :D

You see, that wasn't really a cheap sofa. What your sims thought was a value-price sofa was actually a valuable heirloom. The burglar, knowing the true value of things, went for it instead. :lol:

I have been reporting the exploits of one particularly canny burglar in Bridgeport. Check it out here:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/300821.page

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited January 2011
    They are dumb. I had the same one show up at my sims' house every night for a week, even though she got caught every time, they have an alarm, and the mother of the mother of the family beat the snot out of her at least once. You'd think she'd figure out to find a different house by now.

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • TatianaEstelleTatianaEstelle Posts: 41 New Member
    edited January 2011
    The burglars are pretty stupid. Of course, the police officers that show up are also pretty stupid as well. Once, after a burglar stole my sim's trashcan, the police officer showed up and said something along the lines of "unfortunately the burglar got away," but he (the burglar) was standing like two feet behind the police officer... it's like "jeez, maybe if you'd turn around you'd catch him!"
  • brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited January 2011
    I had one yesterday break into my farm, not farmhouse. He stole the husbands truck. The husband beat him up, but the thief got away with the truck.
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • shan_26shan_26 Posts: 951 Member
    edited January 2011
    lmao!! I have smart burglars that actually steal more than one thing, i've had my grill stolen, and my car!! And i am completely serious. I was peed off cause not only did i work hard for that car with no cheat code, I DID'NT KNOW THEY STEAL CARS!!!
    xyIcMqt.png
  • LonnehartLonnehart Posts: 688 Member
    edited January 2011
    Wow... maybe if I wait a few generations I may be visited by smart burglars. But by then the house I'm playing will have an alarm in every entry room and at least one of my Sims will have the "Brave" and "Athletic" traits... :)

maybe... :?