Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims skills stopped increasing AGAIN.

I spent hours on a file, and ended up deleting it because I thought curing her vampirisim had caused the frozen skill glitch. I made a new one, played for awhile and lo and behold, she can't even LEARN the athletic skill for her job because it's frozen halfway through and it won't increase.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to fix it?

I've got absolutely no CC, by the way.

Comments

• sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    edited January 2011
    Why am I the ONLY person with this glitch. |: Am I the only one that travels to China anymore?
  • ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited January 2011
    My sim vamps have that problem with charisma skill. They get to a certain point and then stop. The little message box should pop out and tell you they need a certain amount of friends and/or acquaintances to continue with this skill. Don't know if that works for athletic but it worked for charisma.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • SophieeSimSophieeSim Posts: 336 Member
    edited January 2011
    I had a problem with the Athletic skill in Bridgeport. I had two Simmies, both learning the skill - he learnt it fine but the girl took about 4 times longer just to learn it! It's not frozen though :(
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    edited January 2011
    Mine don't increase at all. It isn't slower, it just won't move. I'll mesaure it and then let her work on it for like 5 sim hours, and it doesn't change.
  • knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited January 2011
    My sims celebrity meter is frozen. They are both 5 star celebs but the meter is 90% full and won't go all the way green.
  • omgtwilightrocksmeomgtwilightrocksme Posts: 227
    edited January 2011
    I've got the opposite. My sims child (Vampire) filled up the inventors skill to level ten before even finishing the item and did the same for writing, art and a couple others and so did the other kid. Neither of them had any skill traits (the boy had Artistic though)